Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527593 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Lazarus Rising
« Reply #7890 on: July 03, 2013, 08:47:32 pm »

You know I'm still down, although it might take me a few posts to get back into the right character. It's good to see you back, by the way; what happened to you?

Long story, and not the good kind that makes you want a sequel and a movie deal. The punch line is that I work hell's own hours for the wrong department (Chemistry, which I'm terrible at, not engineering), and I'm probably going to end up living with my sister until one of us lands a job that lets us afford tackling rent solo.

Mostly what kept me away from here is the fact that I hadn't posted in so long, I didn't know if there was anything left to really start up again. I honestly came back because I found a notebook full of my old story notes, and I just couldn't leave it lie until I gave it at least one more shot. 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7891 on: July 03, 2013, 09:03:00 pm »

Well, you gained a player.
In several days.
On the waitlist probably, but still.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: July 03, 2013, 09:08:22 pm »

Ah, Draignean, it's good to see you!
And yeah, I'd be interested.
Sorry to hear about your situation though...
Seriously though, when I saw this topic come back up, I went from confusion to such happiness.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 09:12:49 pm by Powder Miner »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7893 on: July 03, 2013, 09:12:16 pm »

Sorry, but I think I'm going to drop off this even though I'm not in any other RTDs. 5 months or so really derails things. I have no idea what was happening, I have no idea what has happened in the distant past, and I don't think I have the want to look through the multiple hundreds of pages to try and desperately get a grip on things.

In addition, besides that, I wasn't really into continuing a whole lot after the last pause in the first place, I was unhealthily holding on to the RTD despite that. And we seem to not be very compatible anyway, considering that we're really the only ones that argue. I don't think I conflicted with a GM this much in any other RTD I've ever been in.

So yeah, consider me out. I might be interested in a new RTD, possibly even in the same universe. But not this one.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: July 03, 2013, 09:14:26 pm »

Still watching this as always Draig. Nice to see the game out of the grave once more, even if it's a bit... bony :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7895 on: July 03, 2013, 11:27:39 pm »

Sorry, but I think I'm going to drop off this even though I'm not in any other RTDs. 5 months or so really derails things. I have no idea what was happening, I have no idea what has happened in the distant past, and I don't think I have the want to look through the multiple hundreds of pages to try and desperately get a grip on things.

In addition, besides that, I wasn't really into continuing a whole lot after the last pause in the first place, I was unhealthily holding on to the RTD despite that. And we seem to not be very compatible anyway, considering that we're really the only ones that argue. I don't think I conflicted with a GM this much in any other RTD I've ever been in.

So yeah, consider me out. I might be interested in a new RTD, possibly even in the same universe. But not this one.

Yeah, I kinda felt that things were getting a little stupid between us. I like you, and I'd sure as hell play anything you put out (given sufficient time and energy), but there were a lot of old arguments that got inflated beyond all proportion. (A decent chunk of which is on me for being a brain fried lab monkey with a memory that could go from photographic to 'you said what?' in about three seconds.) So I understand, and while I had a few fun scenes planned for you, I think you were going through the motions too much there at the end to actually get into them. As the saying goes, let us part this field as friends, before we die on it as enemies.

I'm going to work on a synopsis tonight, for old players and newcomers alike (though Serious has a badass syn already up on Dom's wiki page.), and that should help everyone.

Xantalos, good to have you on board. I look forward to seeing your character and potentially getting it in play.

Ah, Draignean, it's good to see you!
And yeah, I'd be interested.
Sorry to hear about your situation though...
Seriously though, when I saw this topic come back up, I went from confusion to such happiness.

Thanks man, it made me happier than you'd believe to see that most of you are still here. Couldn't really try to resurrect this without some of the old blood. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:31:04 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7896 on: July 03, 2013, 11:56:24 pm »

I'd be down for a char, but I'd have to re read the thing to remember all the stuff.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: July 04, 2013, 12:07:41 am »

Dude, I would LOVE to get in on this. But if you are going to start up again, then I suggest making a whole new map or something, since you seem to have a lot of trouble with this one.

I'll have to come up with a character of some kind...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7898 on: July 04, 2013, 12:28:29 am »

Thank you for the kind words. Sadly, to be honest, it's been so long I forgot I had written that. ^^^; To toot my own horn, it really is an excellent summary, and although it's exclusively Dom's view of events it really does work to get one back up to speed on things.

Self-back-patting aside, I cannot wait to see this restart. Have any ideas for what will happen to James / how the new characters will enter?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7899 on: July 04, 2013, 12:45:36 am »

James is going to be fine, I've got him completely covered. The hard part is actually you. You've got a fairly clear set of paths, but the trouble is that it's going to be difficult getting new players over to you. Let's face it, you're going to need meatshields fresh character interaction, and you're not exactly bursting with options.

Just re-read your synopsis, and it certainly covers all the bases (though "shutting down systems critical to the opposition" should probably read as "turning the independent leader into bloody rags" :P). My complete synopsis isn't done yet, and it's not going to be done tonight (and probably not on the fourth), so, with your permission, I'd like to post a direct link to Dom's page.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7900 on: July 04, 2013, 01:54:30 am »

I have no objections. Here it is: http://deviation.wikidot.com/dominique-wakeman

Also, if you want to bounce any ideas off of me, you know where the PM button is. :P
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 02:41:42 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #7901 on: July 04, 2013, 02:15:33 am »

Excellent - I don't have a character on the waitlist but I will be pleased to be able to continue reading.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Way to take a hint.
« Reply #7902 on: July 04, 2013, 04:43:45 am »

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Ookay. That's not a good sign.

This post is, as much as anything else, a roll call. Anyone still active and interested in this, check in. If you have a character in the waiting list and do not check in within the next 7 days, that character will be sent to the back of the waiting list.

I don't know if there's enough interest left for me to revive this game, and I'll have to read most of my notes again, but I'm willing to give it a shot if anybody from the old crew is left.
I'm part of the new crew, so here!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: July 04, 2013, 05:42:28 am »

Slight issue with your recap, SC: You have the guy Trol bodyswitched with's name mixed up with James :P ...Teague's first name was James too?! My mind has been blown.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7904 on: July 04, 2013, 05:54:21 am »

This reminded me, I should probably read the entire thing already and get on the waitlist.
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 602