Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527892 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Way to take a hint.
« Reply #7830 on: January 16, 2013, 06:35:01 pm »

Tarran, I think Draignean wants an actual action again.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: January 16, 2013, 07:36:18 pm »

Also needs moar Ahra.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: January 16, 2013, 08:17:05 pm »

I can't think of an actual action for my guy unless he gets a response that either pushes him either towards believing the immortal or disbelieving it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: January 17, 2013, 02:32:03 pm »

Sorry... French is an excellent way to make me forget stuff  :P

Spike and gun in hand Aaron walked towards the conversation and peeked in.
His sanity really wished he never had, watching an human with no marks of being from the base? Ok.
An Immortal? Better stab that with the nice spike and call the guys, or check if its an rotten one.
The human trying to hurt the parlaying Immortal? The. Bleeding. Hell.

Ah well, feet first as dad used to say.

"IMMORTAL" was the only thing he roared, it would get the team here "STOP WHAT YOU TWO ARE DOING NOW!"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: January 18, 2013, 11:48:55 am »

I can't think of an actual action for my guy unless he gets a response that either pushes him either towards believing the immortal or disbelieving it.

I'll tell you if I want more power to action. I don't, usually, just sit there silently and stare at you. Ahra was who I needed. I have a calc class in a few hours, and a meeting after that, but then I've got a three day weekend, so you should be fairly confident of a turn in the near-ish future.

Tarran, feel free to have a mini-conversation with Ahra. 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: January 18, 2013, 12:38:31 pm »

I don't, usually, just sit there silently and stare at you.
Stop lying. I know your tricks. You're waiting for the right moment to put a dagger in my back!

Anyway, I don't know, I feel like next turn would be more appropriate for a conversation. Because then 1: everyone would get a time to react, and 2: it would be more of a fustercluck.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: January 20, 2013, 01:22:13 am »

Tarran Smith, Aaron White

Tarran stared at the Immortal completely dumbfounded.

"...What. I don't understand. Dominique is alive? The Father is actually helping us? And how do I know you're not lying?"
Spike and gun in hand Aaron walked towards the conversation and peeked in.
His sanity really wished he never had, watching an human with no marks of being from the base? Ok.
An Immortal? Better stab that with the nice spike and call the guys, or check if its an rotten one.
The human trying to hurt the parlaying Immortal? The. Bleeding. Hell.

Ah well, feet first as dad used to say.

"IMMORTAL" was the only thing he roared, it would get the team here "STOP WHAT YOU TWO ARE DOING NOW!"

Tarran gets halfway through what he was trying to say before Aaron works through enough of his amazement to act. The former wrench jockey's sudden shout, coupled heavily with the pistol and the bloodstained spike of bone in his hand, freezes the conversation solid.
   [Aaron observation 4] The man the immortal was talking with is armored, albeit in a heavily battered suit that looks to be about as much protection as wet paper, and heavily armed. Very heavily armed. He's carrying an assault rifle in hand, two more long rifles slant across his back, and a submachine gun is belted on either hip. Unless Aaron took him by surprise, or got very lucky, there's not a lot of doubt who would end up as paste. The immortal, strangely, seems to be lacking in iron, though they can be dangerous enough without.
   [Tarran Observation 1] Tarran's dumbfoundment is compounded exponentially by Aaron's sudden arrival. He stares at him, turns to stare at the immortal, then stares back Aaron without actually doing anything beyond verifying that reality was still intact. Impossible as that seemed.
    The sound of running feet comes from hallway behind Aaron.

---

James Evan

James didn't respond with talking- he wasn't wont to trust or talk to immortals. Instead, in an astounding display of a lack of forethought, he decides to try to beat it up. With Simone's Song.

James, faced with a strange and dangerous situation that lacks a normal solution, defaults to using Occam's razor. Or, in his case, Occam's fist mounted fifty caliber. [Melee 2 Vs Dodge 5+1] Despite being pressed up against James, the Immortal manages slide sinuously out of the way of Jame's fist. [Immortal Melee 5+1 Vs James Dodge 5] The immortal knocks James arm out of the way and throws an elbow. James almost manages to slip it. almost. [Immortal brawl 4] (Shield -10, stamina -11) The jarring force of the immortal's armored elbow slamming into his temple sends twinkling stars across James' vision. Staggering, he takes a few steps backwards and gets his fists up defensively. The immortal just resumes a normal standing position, looking down at James without expression.
   "I have not been sent to harm you." It pauses, then reiterates its earlier statement with all the emotional inflection of a lopped recording. "I have been sent to guide you."

---

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Security Card November (Dom)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Ident Badge -Naomi Weiss- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)
L1RF Key (Tarran)
Jake's Engraved Plate (Dom)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: January 20, 2013, 01:33:00 am »

"...And now who are you?" Tarran queried Aaron, confused.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: January 21, 2013, 05:26:23 am »

"Lets call me the guy with some more guys that may have jumped levels up from the sanctuary to get out of here and found an human with more guns than an automated urret, and an ... unarmed talking Immortal ... Your story Mister...?"
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: January 21, 2013, 11:41:19 am »

"My story can easily be summed up as one guy getting his ass deported an entire system and having to take shit as it comes."

"Someone said to rescue some people that were sent our way. Might you be those people?"
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:43:09 am by Tarran »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: January 21, 2013, 04:27:41 pm »

"... Did an creepy asshole tell you that trough the speakers?, Name given?"
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: January 21, 2013, 04:38:24 pm »

"No, we got it from a friend in text."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: January 21, 2013, 05:50:23 pm »

James, now a bit stunned, stares at the Immortal for several seconds before: "...Guide me where?" James probably would have figured it out from the immortal's earlier talking but he had just taken an elbow to the head- and was not thinking too clearly.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: January 22, 2013, 03:31:04 pm »

" Tell the strangers that I'm still waiting for my book. Get to maintenance. Do not expect my help again. Thirteen fourty-seven eighty"
signed -N was all we got from him ... was that your friend?"
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: January 22, 2013, 03:43:38 pm »

"Assuming the N stands for Nathaniel, yes. That is our friend. Though I can't for the life of me recall what book he's waiting on."

"Well, I guess that's it then. Mister suit here is apparently going to lead us to our craft so we can get the hell away from this installation... Any objections besides the expected lack of trust?"
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 602