Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527864 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Way to take a hint.
« Reply #7815 on: January 07, 2013, 08:58:35 am »

The failed orientation on James was entirely due to his pre-existing conditions. Dom actually got great rolls when pulling that one off.

I think I'll leave them free and figure out what to do with them later.

EDIT: Also, do I pick out new powers now? :3

When you wake up, for reason that I'm not going to disclose immediately.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: January 07, 2013, 09:01:32 am »

Oh. So there won't be some sort of crazy-me in Ahra's mind if I try and roll well?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: January 07, 2013, 09:44:14 am »

(trying and) Calling it now, Taric turned Dom into some sort of AI.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: January 07, 2013, 10:40:21 am »

Oh. So there won't be some sort of crazy-me in Ahra's mind if I try and roll well?

... No.

I did explain part of this earlier, but, alas, to no avail. Granted, you've NEVER used your empathetics, so you might accidentally microwave his brain, but there won't be any extraneous personalities running around all willy nilly.

(trying and) Calling it now, Taric turned Dom into some sort of AI.

No.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: January 07, 2013, 03:05:10 pm »

Granted, you've NEVER used your empathetics, so you might accidentally microwave his brain,
Well, if I'm going to start using it, I might as well start with high risk attempts. :D

More seriously, you have a point there. Out of curiosity, is it passive or active to Orient? I searched up the post where Serious does it and I don't see you mention it.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: January 07, 2013, 06:38:22 pm »

Both passive and active empathetics are added together for the purposes of orientation.
---

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: January 08, 2013, 09:30:57 am »

"Guys, hide, i´ll check it out, listen for gunfire"
Walks towards sound
 ´I Am an bloody idiot´
"Hello, anyone with an functioning brain in here?"
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:33:11 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: January 11, 2013, 08:46:41 pm »

Tarran Smith

Try three last passwords:
If these fail, promptly take off the helmet and throw it across the room in mild frustration.

[luck 3-1] None of the additional inputs work, and the screen continues to cheerily deny you entrance. You rip the headset off and throw it across the room. It hits the immortal standing in the doorway at about chest level and rebounds, crunching slightly as it lands on the floor again.
      "We have been sent to guide you," the immortal says, its vibrating tone unaffected by the collision. "The Dominique is safe. The father has agreed to let you take your craft and go. We have been sent to guide you." The repeated statement at the end has the barest hint of a question in it, almost asking your permission to be guided. Which is sort of a new one.
    [observation 3] You're a little stunned by this development to notice much, but the immortal doesn't seem to be armed.

---

James Evan

James gripped his Renfield and peeked out into the hall to see what was there.

You pivot silently in the direction of the noise. Once upon a time a strange noise wouldn't have bothered you, but once upon you didn't have a technocrat implanted fungus eating your brain. You've got a reason to be tense. [Dex 1] You peek out into the hall with the graceful stealth of a pregnant woman running over impact gel. You manage, through feats of dexterity that astound even you, to end splay legged in the middle of the hallway, your renfield pointed up your own nose, and a fall prevented only because you caught yourself on something big. Big and greenish.
    Big, greenish, and chitinous.
    The rasping plates that create the immortal's voice hiss and slide under your fingers as it addresses you. "We have been sent to guide you.The Dominique is safe. The father has agreed to let you take your craft and go. We have been sent to guide you."

---

Aaron White

"Guys, hide, i´ll check it out, listen for gunfire"
Walks towards sound
 ´I Am an bloody idiot´
"Hello, anyone with an functioning brain in here?"

You tell the others in your group to stay back while you check out whatever cast the shadow. You're pretty handy in a fight, at least enough to give the others time to make themselves useful from ambush. Or to buy them time to run if fighting isn't option.
     [observation 4] You have to make a few educated guesses about where the shadow was heading, and one blind turn finds you face to back with an immortal. You freeze, but it doesn't seem to be interested in you. Instead, it seems to be talking to someone just inside of the clerk's office. You catch the tail end of what it's saying.
...take your craft and go. We have been sent to guide you."

---

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Security Card November (Dom)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Ident Badge -Naomi Weiss- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)
L1RF Key (Tarran)
Jake's Engraved Plate (Dom)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: January 11, 2013, 09:56:44 pm »

Tarran stared at the Immortal completely dumbfounded.

"...What. I don't understand. Dominique is alive? The Father is actually helping us? And how do I know you're not lying?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: January 11, 2013, 10:13:03 pm »

James didn't respond with talking- he wasn't wont to trust or talk to immortals. Instead, in an astounding display of a lack of forethought, he decides to try to beat it up. With Simone's Song.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: January 11, 2013, 10:13:37 pm »

Tarran stared at the Immortal completely dumbfounded.

"...What. I don't understand. Dominique is alive? The Father is actually helping us? And how do I know you're not lying?"

"Dominique is safe. We have been told to guide you. We are telling the truth." Its rustling voice betrays no tone. [Failed roll not shown] That tone could tell you that the sky was green and that squares were round and you couldn't tell.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: January 11, 2013, 10:32:18 pm »

Tarran tries to spit out a few more questions but fails to as James starts beating on the Immortal.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:18:50 pm by Tarran »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: January 11, 2013, 10:51:51 pm »

IT's two separate immortals, I think. Hence the "We."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: January 11, 2013, 11:18:34 pm »

Oh.

"Telling me that you're telling the truth isn't enough. Why would the Father suddenly want to help us? What changed?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: January 12, 2013, 12:58:44 am »

Yeah, two separate immortals. Tarran and James are in difficult locations. However, immortals would address themselves as "we" anyway. They are, in this state, parasitic organisms, and thus to exist functionally they require plurality of self.
---
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 602