Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527868 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Way to take a hint.
« Reply #7800 on: January 06, 2013, 12:52:15 am »

(Well, if my plan works out, you guys should be guided toward Hoke and a quick/easy escape. But good luck anyway, Tarran, Powder, Ahra. ^^^ As for me...

1 stat point in Endurance
2 stat points in Willpower - Unless Willpower does nothing for my psychic skills, in which case that's all 3 to Endurance
3 skill points in Active Empathetics
4 skill points in Passive Empathetics
3 skill points in Active Kinetics

I'm just going for an all psionic upgrade as that makes sense to me with it coming from an orientation device.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: January 06, 2013, 02:57:46 am »

You are screwed Serious I remember that the last orientation device had to be modified to stop turning you in to a Technocracy agent so unless we get some epic willpower saves its bye Dom nice knowing you.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: January 06, 2013, 03:02:39 am »

Really? I don't remember where they said that.

And if it was, surely Taricus wouldn't put himself in it?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:06:14 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7803 on: January 06, 2013, 07:52:51 am »

(I know I'm not screwed based on the sole fact that if I was, Draignean wouldn't have said 'here's some stat points, level yourself up'. :P He'd have given me a game over like Trol got a long time ago.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: January 06, 2013, 09:44:59 am »

You are screwed Serious I remember that the last orientation device had to be modified to stop turning you in to a Technocracy agent so unless we get some epic willpower saves its bye Dom nice knowing you.

You remember correctly. For that machine. I also mentioned different programs way back when, and not all of the machines run the same training routine. The machine Dom is using, for instance, isn't just meant to train psionics, and it's designed to give a lot more bang for your buck. The first machine was in a prison, designed to give the inmates enough ability to be useful in experiments while shackling their destructive potential safely. This one is in a sealed lab that requires two relatively powerful psionics to crack open, it's purpose is somewhat more... full service, and it doesn't come with the same shackles.

I also mentioned neurological degradation with repeated uses, but that's a different kettle of onions.

By the by, SC, if you want to reassign fractional skill points, now is the time.

2 stat points in Willpower - Unless Willpower does nothing for my psychic skills, in which case that's all 3 to Endurance

Willpower is the psychic stat.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: January 06, 2013, 11:08:33 am »

James gripped his Renfield and peeked out into the hall to see what was there.

((I think we're meeting now Ahra, if the observation rolls on all three of us mean anything. (when you say failed roll not shown, we then know there was a failed roll)))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: January 06, 2013, 02:38:27 pm »

OK. Do stat and skill fractionals count together? If so I have 1 and 3/8ths points (if not, it's one and 2/8ths so that doesn't affect much). I'll go ahead and put that single point into Willpower as well if available; if not, Passive Kinetics.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: January 06, 2013, 08:32:59 pm »

OK. Do stat and skill fractionals count together? If so I have 1 and 3/8ths points (if not, it's one and 2/8ths so that doesn't affect much). I'll go ahead and put that single point into Willpower as well if available; if not, Passive Kinetics.

Stat points and skill points don't mix, so it's PK for Dom.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: January 06, 2013, 08:49:14 pm »

OK. Should I go ahead and update the wiki page for Dom? And if so, should i just include the remaining fractions somewhere off to the side, like (Stat Point: 1/8th, Skill Point: 2/8th)?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: January 06, 2013, 09:37:12 pm »

OK. Should I go ahead and update the wiki page for Dom? And if so, should i just include the remaining fractions somewhere off to the side, like (Stat Point: 1/8th, Skill Point: 2/8th)?

If you like, or you can assign them to the stat/skill you're most likely to train in next.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: January 06, 2013, 09:54:58 pm »

I think I'll leave them free and figure out what to do with them later.

EDIT: Also, do I pick out new powers now? :3
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:00:46 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: January 07, 2013, 01:05:50 am »

Look at you, getting all the superpowers while me, Powder, and Ahra continue to be moderately mundane. :'(
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: January 07, 2013, 02:33:34 am »

You're Mr. 'I don't wanna use psionics' if I remember correctly, Tarran. :P Powder's got that nifty little Dom running around in his head, so he's at least got an interesting take on his powers. Ahra... may be SOL unless one of you two can Orient him, or someone back at the Unchained - if you get back to them - can do it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: January 07, 2013, 03:48:55 am »

You're Mr. 'I don't wanna use psionics' if I remember correctly, Tarran. :P
Remember, that was more than a year ago, so what I felt about it back then may not come even close to what I feel about it now.

Powder's got that nifty little Dom running around in his head, so he's at least got an interesting take on his powers. Ahra... may be SOL unless one of you two can Orient him
You saying these things right after another makes me mentally scratch my head like a stereotypical confused caveman.

You do remember you messed up James trying to Orient him, right?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: January 07, 2013, 03:55:55 am »

I know. Doesn't change the fact that it's still possible one of you two might be able to Orient him. I'm not sure if my Orienting of James went wrong because Dom messed up or because whatever the Technocrats did to his brain - including the fungus, but remember they programmed that Judas thing in there too - messed it up. It's entirely possible and likely that it's a little of column A, a little of column B, though. And I seem to remember you still denying using psionics sometime this year, but I can't be assed to look it up. :P
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 602