Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528012 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Way to take a hint.
« Reply #7770 on: December 19, 2012, 05:53:54 pm »

Dom thought for a moment. "Well... we should try to herd him and the others to the hangar, get them out of here. Safely. While they're doing that, you can show me to this door and we can take a look at it. Also, is there any way we can get in contact with him? I kinda took the only radio we had on us."

(Also, Ahra, post an action. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: December 19, 2012, 10:31:05 pm »

((DOM HAS FALLEN TO THE DARK SIDE! And by dark side, I mean, the side that is lead by a crazy psychic who has programmed himself into an entire base computer system that controls an army of biotic exosuits.  :o))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: December 19, 2012, 10:38:27 pm »

(Dom's only human and she's been given the opportunity to make sure her friends get out of this crazy base alive and to find who she's been looking for. I think the decision, while it will definitely have bad consequences for her morality, was perfectly in character... Also, said psycho needs a conscience to prevent him from going completely batshit mustache-twirling evil. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: December 19, 2012, 11:27:42 pm »

Another downside is any orbital bombardment attempts against the New Big Bad is likely to get you killed too.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: December 19, 2012, 11:28:49 pm »

In all fairness, Taric wouldn't care if Tarran got killed in the blast too :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7775 on: December 19, 2012, 11:30:51 pm »

Problem is I wouldn't get blasted as I wouldn't be there, sooo...
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: December 19, 2012, 11:32:49 pm »

(That's more likely to happen to the known threat of the Unchained. The Technocrats won't have any beef with us until they both know about us and consider us a threat. :P Seriously though, I'm not interested in dick-waving - which any further arguments about who will get orbital-bombarded first will be considered - so... that's all I have to say about it. You guys are already doing all the dick-waving this thread needs.)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: December 19, 2012, 11:41:56 pm »

Isn't dick waving supposed to be claiming your superiority or something? I'm not claiming anything at the moment, I was just making a comment/joke on another potential downside and responding to Taric's somewhat confusing (to me) statement.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: December 19, 2012, 11:50:48 pm »

(You're right; it's more like yet another pointless argument you two are having for no particular reason. Nevertheless, why don't we all just drop the idea of orbital bombardments until, I dunno, they're somewhat likely? Really. A base that's been out of contact for a year and in all likelihood is considered abandoned is hardly going to be a priority target - unlike a base that's currently being assaulted by the Unchained, such as when we fought Shiren.)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: December 20, 2012, 02:00:37 pm »

"OK ... Hack it, unless we have the tools to cut this thing open anyone?"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: December 21, 2012, 07:32:50 pm »

Tarran Smith

Take a peek in both the scanner offices and clerk offices. Just a small peek into the door, not a whole room inspection.

[Observation 3, 3] You take quick peeks in both the scanner offices and the clerk offices. They both look like rooms, with the scanner office having workstations for two dozen while the clerks office has workstations for about twice that. Both of the offices have adjoining rooms, the scanners office has two and the clerks office has one. Nothing hostile appears in either room, but they don't seem to have anything immediately useful in them either.

---

James Evan

"Hm, scanner offices... Used to be a scanner for a while... shotgun crates... Anyway, I'll check the scanner office." James went and looked at the scanner offices.

You follow Tarran into the scanner offices, and you stay there after he pulls his head out after a glance. All of the familiar equipment is oddly comforting, not exactly homey by any stretch of the imagination, but at least you know what everything in this room is for. Not something you've been able to say very often since being deported.
    There are twenty-four workstations here, each equipped with a terminal, a lamp, and variety of personal effects. The door to the offices of the two coordinators is on the left wall. The temporary storage for contraband items, dangerous objects, and (if the coordinators aren't complete hard asses) employee lunches, is on the right.   
   [int 3+1] You think you might be able to login to one of the terminals. Scanners issue guest keys for when they shuffle staff around to ensure accurate reports, and you remember a couple of yours. If you're very lucky, one might still be active.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom thought for a moment. "Well... we should try to herd him and the others to the hangar, get them out of here. Safely. While they're doing that, you can show me to this door and we can take a look at it. Also, is there any way we can get in contact with him? I kinda took the only radio we had on us."

"Easily done," Taric says as he walks back into the security booth. You watch as he goes inside, touches the terminal, frowns in concentration, and then nods. Then entire operation might have taken half a minute, and was done without any visible action other than touching the terminal. "Done," Sizier says when he comes back out. "It will take a little bit of time for them to reach him, but the nearest group I can find will attempt to give them directions and aid. It will take some time and effort to get a message back, but I've sent one to be delivered. Direct contact will be impossible unless he goes to sleep or manages to find a terminal." He shrugs. "Limitations of the current system, but the psionic adjustments will largely eliminate it. Shall we?" For a moment it almost looks like he's going to offer you his arm, then he laughs to himself and taps the contorted immortal. It snaps upright and heels him once more, seemingly no worse for wear. You follow without further comment.
    The door he's referring to is, as would be expected, the heavily scarred door that makes up the far wall. He explains a great deal about it, going into considerable depth about its construction and the methods the Father used in his attempts to circumvent it. The conversation goes over your head after the word "door".
     [A. Kinetics 4+1] [Passive Kinetics 3+1] You sound the door out carefully while he's talking. It's solid, mostly, with only tiny weights and counterweights set into its structure. Nothing connects to them, and you can't see how they'd open the door, but it's not too difficult to figure out how they should move. After a few minutes of observing its structure, you're confident that you can get it open. The required action is complex, but not overly tiring. You have no idea why it's going to work, but, if it moves like you think it moves, that shouldn't matter.

---

Aaron White

"OK ... Hack it, unless we have the tools to cut this thing open anyone?"

Paula kneels in front of the door and starts working on getting it open. [Paula Mechanical 1] She's about midway through when she starts cursing. The panel hums, the door twitches, and then the access panel starts sparking. [Luck 1] The jacketing for the circuitry catches fire almost immediately, and the fire suppression system turns on right after that.
   "Not a word," Paula growls as Cale opens his mouth. "Not one goddamn word."
   Slick foam covers everyone and everything within ten meters of the fire, giving the stairs the oddly festive look of fresh snow. Nobody seems particularly admiring of the effect. The door is now locked, bar drilling it with tools you don't have, or cutting it with power and time you can't spare. On top of that, the fire suppression call and damaged door will have undoubtedly pointed out your location to the Shifting Man like a beacon.

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Security Card November (Dom)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Ident Badge -Naomi Weiss- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)
L1RF Key (Tarran)
Jake's Engraved Plate (Dom)
Radio (Dom) [On]

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: December 21, 2012, 08:01:11 pm »

Dom ran a hand through her hair. "OK. I'm hoping I don't end up regretting this." She performed a few stretches, figuring warming up physically might help her warm up mentally, and focused on the mechanisms inside the door. I just have to swing this bit down, push that one over... rotate this one like... seventy degrees, I think... OK, that bit lifts up... move this to the left and turn it clockwise... "Might take a few minutes if you want to sit back down. There's a lot of little fiddly things in here that need to be moved," she said, letting Taric know she was working on the door and that it might be awhile.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: December 21, 2012, 08:34:21 pm »

Double threes. Thanks RNG.

Go take a more thorough examination of the clerk offices.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: December 21, 2012, 09:28:00 pm »

"Hmm... Wonder if I'll find any old lunches." James first checks contraband storage, then attempts to sign on.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: December 22, 2012, 04:44:42 am »

"Next... floor... NOW!!!... Oh god it tastes awful, why did i take off my mask?"

Go up the stairs
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 07:17:57 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 602