Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527862 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Way to take a hint.
« Reply #7755 on: December 19, 2012, 01:32:06 pm »

What? Can't get Dom to give Tarran something (Non-violent) to get the small revenge? :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: December 19, 2012, 01:55:38 pm »

"All right. Let's talk about what happens if I blow your brains out before you can do anything. What happens then?" Dom asked. She didn't like the idea of anyone getting their will stolen because of her. "And let's get down to brass tacks here, Tar. Once Boss and the rest are free, what can you possibly offer me that I would want? We'll still be stuck here. We can't go home. You can't give me my life back. If I work with you I'll just be trading one cause I don't really believe in for another. Hell, I don't even know what it is you want to do with this army of yours or whatever."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7757 on: December 19, 2012, 03:18:52 pm »

Oh god Taric has gone mad with power. A freaky Rainbow psionic gone mad with power.

Don't forget, in the worst case, you can probably threaten to take your own life. Because in the case that you DO take your life, Taric will not get your help no matter what he does.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: December 19, 2012, 03:22:10 pm »

(Dom's already thought about doing that. It's in the first line Draignean quoted. :P I'll make it an actual threat next mini-turn, though.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: December 19, 2012, 04:21:06 pm »

Because in the case that you DO take your life, Taric will not get your help no matter what he does.

((You forget that Taric was the most powerful Empathetic in your group.))

"All right. Let's talk about what happens if I blow your brains out before you can do anything. What happens then?" Dom asked. She didn't like the idea of anyone getting their will stolen because of her. "And let's get down to brass tacks here, Tar. Once Boss and the rest are free, what can you possibly offer me that I would want? We'll still be stuck here. We can't go home. You can't give me my life back. If I work with you I'll just be trading one cause I don't really believe in for another. Hell, I don't even know what it is you want to do with this army of yours or whatever."

Taric throws his head back and laughs at the suggestion of shooting him. It isn't a pretty sound. "Oh, Dominique, I don't think my brains are really an issue here. I'm in the system, lots of Is are in the system. Granted, they've been made docile to facilitate my control, but I doubt the system would answer to you, and that would mean shooting your way out of here. You're tough, but you aren't that tough." He shakes his head, still chuckling. "As to the rest, well, I can do more than you think. The Rolls is still in the maintenance hangar, so you won't be stuck here. There are also several interesting projects that the Father was trying to recreate and finish. One in particular was attempting to create a trans-atmospheric ship, a ship largely made from the same form of organic material as the bio-suits. So the question isn't what can I give you, but what do you want? I can't give you your life back, but I can give you any kind of life you want. Some people might have to bleed for you to get there, but neither of us are strangers to killing people to get what we want. We've both killed Independents and Technocrats, men and woman whose only crime was standing against us, and that is the way it should be. We aren't human, no human could do what we do, so what sense does it make to abide by their rules?" Taric pauses and cocks his head at you, then nods as if he saw something he expected. "Even if you could have your old life back, it wouldn't fit you anymore. A butterfly can never return to its cocoon, so why wish for childish things?"

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: December 19, 2012, 04:41:07 pm »

Dom bristled angrily. "What the fuck do you know? You're just a techie who doesn't understand a GOD. DAMN. THING about people! I just want to go back to Earth, go back to moving boxes and coming home to my husband and never having to make these kinds of fucking decisions!" Shaking with rage, she put the Abassy against her temple. "All I gotta do is pull this trigger and then you'll never open that fucking door! You need me a whole hell of a lot more than I need you. I'm the only kinetic psychic you can get to within a hundred miles, and the only one who might help you of her own free will." She cocked the hammer with her thumb. "Give me one good reason, one good fucking reason, to not blow my brains out. Tell me what's REALLY behind that door, and what you're planning to do with it."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7761 on: December 19, 2012, 04:56:55 pm »

Dom bristled angrily. "What the fuck do you know? You're just a techie who doesn't understand a GOD. DAMN. THING about people! I just want to go back to Earth, go back to moving boxes and coming home to my husband and never having to make these kinds of fucking decisions!" Shaking with rage, she put the Abassy against her temple. "All I gotta do is pull this trigger and then you'll never open that fucking door! You need me a whole hell of a lot more than I need you. I'm the only kinetic psychic you can get to within a hundred miles, and the only one who might help you of her own free will." She cocked the hammer with her thumb. "Give me one good reason, one good fucking reason, to not blow my brains out. Tell me what's REALLY behind that door, and what you're planning to do with it."

Sizier's expression remains serene, but his fists start to clench. "One good reason? You'll never see your husband again. As to what is behind this door, it is one of the teaching machines that we learned our own psionics from. With it I will teach the new generation of the bio-suits to do the same, taking combat effectiveness up by almost a full order of magnitude. It will also enhance me considerably, but that is a digression." Taric's hands relax by degrees, but the effort is visible. "Now, if you were to kill yourself, I would only be slowed. It might take me months to work out how to do what you can do now, but there would be no one to stop me. Tarran, James, Ashley, Harry, and you yourself would be long, long dead."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7762 on: December 19, 2012, 04:59:04 pm »

Dom tilted the gun up and away slightly. "Is he here? Alive? Tell me you didn't put him in a suit," she said, voice trembling with hope.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: December 19, 2012, 05:05:39 pm »

Dom tilted the gun up and away slightly. "Is he here? Alive? Tell me you didn't put him in a suit," she said, voice trembling with hope.

Taric looks at you strangely. "No, he's not here. But if you die you won't be able to see him again, and if you live there is always a statistical likelihood of seeing him again." He looks strangely puzzled for a moment. "Isn't that one of the things that people think is a good reason to keep living?" he asks, genuine curiosity entering his voice for the first time.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7764 on: December 19, 2012, 05:12:15 pm »

Dom sighed. "I knew that was too much to hope for. One last question, and then I'll make my decision. If - If I help you open that door... you have access to all the information this Father guy had, right? Every file the technocracy had in this base? I want to find Jeffrey. Once Tarran and James and Hoke and whoever Hoke wanted to save are safe, that's all I care about, and I'll do whatever it takes to see him again. Promise me you'll help me... and I promise I'll help you."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7765 on: December 19, 2012, 05:25:41 pm »

Dom sighed. "I knew that was too much to hope for. One last question, and then I'll make my decision. If - If I help you open that door... you have access to all the information this Father guy had, right? Every file the technocracy had in this base? I want to find Jeffrey. Once Tarran and James and Hoke and whoever Hoke wanted to save are safe, that's all I care about, and I'll do whatever it takes to see him again. Promise me you'll help me... and I promise I'll help you."

Taric smiles. "I promise that I'll tell you everything I know about Jeffrey in exchange for you opening this door, Deal?"
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7766 on: December 19, 2012, 05:32:55 pm »

"Dude, I know I'm not the brightest girl around but that sounds pretty loaded to me, like if I say yes you'll just say 'I know you're married to him' or some shit like that." Dom closed her eyes and took a deep breath to focus and calm herself before continuing on. After everything that had happened since waking up in New Hensfield today, her nerves were completely shot. "Just... promise me access to the base's files at least, so I can look myself if I'm not satisfied with your answer. Can we do that?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7767 on: December 19, 2012, 05:37:12 pm »

"Dude, I know I'm not the brightest girl around but that sounds pretty loaded to me, like if I say yes you'll just say 'I know you're married to him' or some shit like that." Dom closed her eyes and took a deep breath to focus and calm herself before continuing on. After everything that had happened since waking up in New Hensfield today, her nerves were completely shot. "Just... promise me access to the base's files at least, so I can look myself if I'm not satisfied with your answer. Can we do that?"

An expression of wry amusement makes some of the blood flake off Taric's face. "You don't trust me, Dom? After all we've been through together?" He shakes his head. "Deal, complete access, for as long as you want."
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: December 19, 2012, 05:39:11 pm »

Dom cast one last distrustful look at the Immortal, but slid the Abassy back into its holster on her thigh. "...Deal," she said, holding her hand out to shake. "Let's see about getting that door open and Boss out of here. How much control do we currently have over the facility?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7769 on: December 19, 2012, 05:49:26 pm »

Dom cast one last distrustful look at the Immortal, but slid the Abassy back into its holster on her thigh. "...Deal," she said, holding her hand out to shake. "Let's see about getting that door open and Boss out of here. How much control do we currently have over the facility?"

Taric's eyebrows rise. "Near complete control. The immortals, deadheads, and security robots will obey voice commands from myself or from the facsimile of the Father I have set up. I can't alter the personalities they have programmed until they can be put back through a calibrator, but that shouldn't be necessary." He stands and looks at your hand for a moment before shaking it. "From any terminal with a system link I can direct the immortals, at least enough to take care of Tarran."
---
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 602