Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527587 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: He's dead, Jim.
« Reply #7710 on: December 16, 2012, 05:24:42 pm »

In my opinion a week is a good amount of time for all but those who only visit this forum less than once a week. You don't often find those kinds of people around here if at all.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: December 16, 2012, 05:34:37 pm »

In my opinion a week is a good amount of time for all but those who only visit this forum less than once a week. You don't often find those kinds of people around here if at all.

I have great compassion understanding for that minority... You whippersnappers have too much time on your hands. :P I will hold to the week, for myself as well, sinners and saints willing.

Now that you have an action, if an action that still leaves SC with the work, let us continue.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: December 16, 2012, 05:58:35 pm »

I think at some point in the past ten-fifteen turns Dom usurped leadership of the team from Smith. XD
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: December 16, 2012, 06:27:48 pm »

I don't think our two characters ever seriously established who's really the boss between the two, they've just been in a "if you're making the right decisions and are right of mind then you're the leader" sort of mindset of mutual respect.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: December 16, 2012, 07:09:30 pm »

Tarran Smith, Dominique Wakeman, James Evan

Dom growled. "Just tell me where the fuckin' elevator is gonna be." Once she knew, she was heading to that location.
Follow Dom.
James started by just... staring. That... that was Taric's eye. What kind of messed up... ... James cleared his thoughts up, and decided to keep following Dom.

Everyone remains silent save for Dominique and the radio. The Father hisses directions and Dominique curses back answers and profanity. Tarran and James follow mutely when Dominique leaves, leaving Taric's blind eyeball to stare after them. Dominique strides back the way she came, tracing back through the restaurant and up the stairs without slowing. Her profanity trails off into silence after a little while, but the Father keeps hissing a mixture of threats, directions, and what might have been very sick attempts at humor.
    The elevators the Father referred to were the pair that the immortals had carried James to earlier, and Tarran and James arrive at them on Dominique's heels, both breathing heavily from the effort of keeping pace with the shorter woman. Dominique, however, seems to be sustained by murderous rage. The panic she had at finding Taric's estranged eyeball is... not lost, but tempered with fury and given a target. The cheery sound of an elevator arriving announces the father making good on his psychotic word, making Tarran and James tense to deal with whatever is inside. Dominique couldn't look any more ready to kill if she tried.
    The doors slide open to reveal nothing but the interior of the carriage, plain but brightly lit. A few spatters of ichor and James' blood are the only mementos of other passengers, but Dominique barges in without even waiting for the doors to open all the way. Her shoulder dents the door on the way in. James and Tarran get in more cautiously. Between Dominique and the Father's alternating mixture of sibilant insanity and death threats it's a very uncomfortable ride down.

The elevator stops at the bottom of its track, depositing them on floor nine with the same incongruously cheery sound that it beckoned them in with. The Father gives directions with surprising calm, telling them to head on straight to the third right, then take the second left, go down a ramp, and take the first elevator down to floor eighteen. Wall screens light up in the corridor ahead, one every twenty feet, and each of them showing an arrow pointing to your destination. Insulting, but effective. Dominique starts off immediately, looking ready to walk through the first wall that gets in her way and leaving Tarran and James no choice but to try and keep up.
   Dominique follows the giant glowing arrows and cuts across the floor, not even glancing to the side when corridors cross. She has someone to kill, any ambush stupid enough get in her way is going to have to wait in line.
  The Father's directions and the arrows lead to a larger elevator hub, three personnel elevators and one large elevator for transporting equipment. The nearest personnel elevator starts to make that cheery electronic noise, but it warbles and dies midway. The doors twitch open a centimeter, then stop dead. The wall screen beside the elevator goes static for a couple seconds and then blanks. Text appears in the unsteady bursts of an unskilled typist.

What the hell do you think you're doing?

---

Aaron White

"So theres enough firepower in whatever it is to require constant repair? Pass, not patching it up, would detonate in my face, Next floor."

You direct your group to keep climbing up the stairs, giving the engineering labs a miss. You were red maintenance, and you've got enough experience to know that you don't want to be the first man to try repairing something that the technocrats actually admit is unstable.
   The next door up the stairs doesn't even resemble a door anymore. Parts of the ceiling have slammed downwards, crushing the door until the metal frame and part of the wall are pushing out into the stairs. Nothing short of a floppy probe could have made it through the debris. Your party exchanges glances and keeps climbing.
   The door several flights above is much the same, except in reverse. The floor is broken and uneven, metal and concrete pushed up as high as eye level in some place. Something interesting, and obviously very destructive, happened between floors eleven and twelve. Paula just shakes her head in disbelief when you ask her if she has any idea what happened.
   Despite having climbed an ungodly number of stairs, its almost a relief when the next door is merely locked. Your mouth is open to ask what happened to be on this floor when Paula answers, anticipating the question. "Laboratory storage, everything we needed to build a better work for four months without resupply. Nutrient feed for the cloning vats in bio, spare parts for the engineering teams, and ever single report we ever compiled. She fingers the edge of her stained labcoat, grimacing at the lack of an ID badge. "I used to have clearance to some of the storerooms. If we can get past this door and..." she trails off as a wall screen on the stairwell flares to life. Its display glows with a single fat, red arrow, pointing straight up the stairs.

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Security Card November (Dom)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Ident Badge -Naomi Weiss- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)
L1RF Key (Tarran)
Jake's Engraved Plate (Dom)
Radio (Dom) [On]

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:48:39 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: December 16, 2012, 07:21:08 pm »

The elevators the Father referred to were the pair that the immortals had carried James to earlier, and Taric and James arrive at them on Dominique's heels, both breathing heavily from the effort of keeping pace with the shorter woman...
I didn't know Taric was another name for me.

"...Huh?" Tarran said unconsciously, in a mix of curiosity and confusion.

Look around for a camera that's looking at us, or perhaps anything else that can be used to track us.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: December 16, 2012, 08:50:50 pm »

The elevators the Father referred to were the pair that the immortals had carried James to earlier, and Taric and James arrive at them on Dominique's heels, both breathing heavily from the effort of keeping pace with the shorter woman...
I didn't know Taric was another name for me.

Bah. I'll kill you soon enough. Fix'd
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: December 16, 2012, 09:03:42 pm »

"What the hell do I think I'm doing? What the fuck do you think I'm doing, you psychotic fucking weirdo? Open the Goddamn doors unless you're just playing with us, you sick fuck," Dom growled, clearly under the impression that the text was sent by the voice on the radio.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: December 16, 2012, 10:06:21 pm »

"What the hell do I think I'm doing? What the fuck do you think I'm doing, you psychotic fucking weirdo? Open the Goddamn doors unless you're just playing with us, you sick fuck," Dom growled, clearly under the impression that the text was sent by the voice on the radio.
"...Huh?" Tarran said unconsciously, in a mix of curiosity and confusion.

The screen blanks, then text starts flowing across again. It halts and backs up in a few places as the message continues, clearly typing its way forwards.

Jesus woman you're not talking to who you think you're talking too. This is-the text pauses for a moment, going forwards a few characters and then backing up again a couple times before completing the sentence-that guy that was spying on your showers. Talk into the radio and tell me your not thinking of taking up his offer.

The radio goes deadly silent, even the laughter in the static freezing into silence. The voice on the other end sounds sane but deadly cold when it speaks. "Who are you talking to?"
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: December 16, 2012, 10:14:41 pm »

Dom blinked and stared at the text for a minute. Okay, Hoke is somehow accessing the computers here. Maybe now we can finally get some damn answers. "Not a living soul," she said into the radio, truthfully. Whether Hoke had ever been a person or not, he was a machine now and technically not alive. Releasing the send button, she addressed her next question to Hoke. "OK, so clearly you can see or hear me or both from where I'm at. Why do I need to use the radio to talk to you? And why shouldn't I take fuckface up on his offer? I need to save Sizier and I can't do that unless I go to him."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: December 16, 2012, 10:22:14 pm »

"Hoke, what's happened to you since we lost you? How are you getting through to us?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Way to take a hint.
« Reply #7721 on: December 16, 2012, 11:25:48 pm »

Dom blinked and stared at the text for a minute. Okay, Hoke is somehow accessing the computers here. Maybe now we can finally get some damn answers. "Not a living soul," she said into the radio, truthfully. Whether Hoke had ever been a person or not, he was a machine now and technically not alive. Releasing the send button, she addressed her next question to Hoke. "OK, so clearly you can see or hear me or both from where I'm at. Why do I need to use the radio to talk to you? And why shouldn't I take fuckface up on his offer? I need to save Sizier and I can't do that unless I go to him."
"Hoke, what's happened to you since we lost you? How are you getting through to us?"

Tarran you fucking sideborn son of a granny whore I-

Profanity continues to roll across the screen, but it can almost be forgotten in the inhuman roar of rage from the radio. The tone modulates in frequency, ranging across a series of eardrum bursting tones that conveying nothing less than murder. It takes a couple seconds for anyone to acclimate enough to catch up to what Nathaniel wrote.

Why the fuck did you think I avoided my goddamn nam,e! I dont have much time now. can find you through id signal or radio trangultion. sent people to help you dont really know where they are. you are walking into a trap avoid floor 18 take as many as can and run. have bdy cant move very fast will wait for you in mntence hangr ifi can dont shoot if wearing cloths. member the #

[Int 5] -Why the fuck did you think I avoided my goddamn name! I don't have much time now. I can find you through ID signal or radio triangulation. Sent people to help you, but I don't really know where they are. You are walking into a trap. Avoid floor 18, take as many as you can and run. I have a body, but I can't move very fast. I will wait for you in the maintenance hangar if I can. Don't shoot if it's wearing clothes. Remember the number.-

---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: December 16, 2012, 11:32:21 pm »

Dom sighed. How had she cottoned on that Hoke had intentionally avoided using his name, and Boss hadn't? "Fuck this, dude. Look, do you know where Taric is? I'm not going to leave him behind if I can help it."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: December 16, 2012, 11:43:24 pm »

Dom sighed. How had she cottoned on that Hoke had intentionally avoided using his name, and Boss hadn't? "Fuck this, dude. Look, do you know where Taric is? I'm not going to leave him behind if I can help it."

F22. dont go like you.
have to go dnt want to die
sry.

The text vanishes almost as soon as the last word is complete, the wall screen reverting to a pulsing red arrow once more. No one can tell if the elevator made its cheery dinging noise again, the noise would have been lost over the Voice's roaring, but the doors to the elevator slide smoothly open. The Father might be raging against whatever Nathaniel has pulled, but it would seem his offer still stands.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:51:45 am by Draignean »
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: December 17, 2012, 12:04:35 am »

"We have to get to Floor 22. Hoke, I don't want to die either, but I can't just abandon him. I'm sorry. Maybe I'll see you again. If I'm lucky." Dom stepped into the elevator and pressed the 'door close' button. As soon as she did, she leveled her Abassy at Tarran's face so the laser sight was centered on his forehead. "Sorry, Boss. I gotta do this on my own. It's a suicide mission, and I'm the one who should have been keeping an eye on Taric. I can't risk you two dying because of my mistake. Boss, take James and you get the hell out of here. Find those guys Hoke was talking about and get to him. If I... No, I'll make it back, with Sizier. Hoke said he can track us and when you meet up with him, you can ask him about me." When the doors slid closed, Dom pressed the Floor 22 button.

Coincidental... I get marked as a Deviation 22 as do the rest of the guys, and they're keeping him on Floor 22. It feels almost like destiny. Jeffrey... Dom looked at the Abassy in her hand. Were you a 22, as well? Were you taken here? Dear God... what if you were one of those poor bastards locked in a suit? It's been so long since you were taken from our bed... She slumped into a corner of the elevator and covered her eyes with her free hand. What do I do, Jeff? Do I just go in shooting and hope to get to Taric before they off him, if he's even still alive? Or do I wait and hope that when I need to, I can take them out? She released a shuddering breath and turned her gaze up to watch the floor display until it reached her destination.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 12:07:50 am by SeriousConcentrate »
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 602