Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527431 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: He's dead, Jim.
« Reply #7680 on: November 25, 2012, 01:23:44 pm »

BUMP OF KINGDOMS
Thy Shalt Not Press He Who Writes, For His Pen Is Everywhere.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7681 on: November 25, 2012, 02:10:45 pm »

BUMP OF KINGDOMS
Thy Shalt Not Press He Who Writes, For His Pen Is Everywhere.
Fair Enough.

My Apologies
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7682 on: November 25, 2012, 02:13:48 pm »

(Ahra, you need to post an action. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: November 25, 2012, 03:54:40 pm »

"Im not really too keen on elevators after Mr Outsider pretty much poked the big guy in his eyes with them"
What level are the others on?
To clarify, Stairs
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: November 25, 2012, 04:23:23 pm »

(Ah, sorry. Didn't realize he'd missed you. ^^^; My bad.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: November 30, 2012, 07:28:09 pm »

(Ah, sorry. Didn't realize he'd missed you. ^^^; My bad.)

I thought he was just gather data for an actual action and making an RP post. Whoops. Moving on from my failures, turns. I'm taking the insides of one domicile and putting them into another this weekend, so I might continue to be missing then. However, I've got the rest of the night, aside from whatever I choose to allocate to sleep, so don't despair.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: November 30, 2012, 07:40:04 pm »

(I figured you were busy, so I didn't want to bother you for turns. :P Good luck with the moving - that is, I hope you don't lose anything important or drop something fragile and that sort of thing.)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7687 on: November 30, 2012, 08:15:46 pm »

Tarran Smith

"Well, how would they kidnap Taric if they had to go past this point, where there was always someone awake?"

"...Maybe there's another way off this level..."

You ponder the plentiful possibilities of paths that would pass your present place while penetrating this floor. [int 4] The idea occurs that it might have something to do with the trail of smeared human effluence you were following earlier, the trail that, quite coincidentally, you lost in the last place that you know Taric went through, and that no one ever explored further. It's not quite as if God took out a big flashing sign and told you to search there, but, since you lack the giant flashing sign, you might as well start with what you have...
   It's funny, you almost feel as if this should have occurred to you earlier.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom took the plate since there had to be a reason she went over to search him and found it. She'd figure out what it was for later. She picked up the Irin and tossed it to James. "Here. If you're gonna keep charging in, you should have a weapon made for it." Then she turned to Tarran. "Hey, Boss? I got a real bad feeling that maybe these guys were meant to distract us while they nabbed Sizier. Think about it. We haven't seen him in awhile, he went off on his own, and they kept trying to kidnap James here. Either that or they wanted to shut Jake up, they seemed pretty intent on shooting him. Maybe both. What do you think?"

You pocket the odd plate of metal for later examination and smooth what's left of Jake's body out. You still remember some of what he told you earlier, about the maintenance tunnels back where you met him, but you have no doubt that losing him is going to make things harder. A part of you wonders when you started thinking about other peoples lives in terms of whether they made your own life harder or easier, but you shrug the thought off and close Jake's eyes. It doesn't really matter.
    You give him a heads up and toss the Immortal's shotgun to James, and, unsurprisingly, he fumbles it deftly. Then you turn back to Tarran and voice your thoughts. "Hey, Boss? I got a real bad feeling that maybe these guys were meant to distract us while they nabbed Sizier. Think about it. We haven't seen him in awhile, he went off on his own, and they kept trying to kidnap James here. Either that or they wanted to shut Jake up, they seemed pretty intent on shooting him. Maybe both. What do you think?"
   "Well, how would they kidnap Taric if they had to go past this point, where there was always someone awake?" he replies. [int 5] You arch an eyebrow at him, surprised that he'd even ask. The immortals didn't attack from the stairs of the restaurant, they attacked from the door of the lowest floor. That either meant that they had another way in, or they just happened to be in the kitchens already, doubtless baking up sugar cookies for all the other fuck ugly monsters. It might just be you, but the second option seems a smidge less likely.

---

James Evan

James caught the shotgun, and didn't talk, just kinda kicking the embers of the couch.

Dom tosses you a shotgun as you finish putting out the couch, [dex 1] [luck 4] and you fail to catch it spectacularly. You grumble only slightly as you pick it back off the floor, stretching out your back in the process. One, you were just in a mini-coma, a little gracelessness is expected, and Two, it could have been a lot worse. Death by accidentally shooting oneself with a shotgun while attempting to catch it isn't exactly auspicious by anyone's standards.

---

Aaron White

"Im not really too keen on elevators after Mr Outsider pretty much poked the big guy in his eyes with them"
Stairs

The four of you head up one flight of stairs. The door off the stairwell and into the engineering labs is closed but not locked. The stairs continue on above your head. A couple members of your party look like they'd like to say something, but there just doesn't seem to be that much to talk about.

---

Turn Recap
Tarran is, well, thinking might might be too strong a word.
Dominique is arching an eyebrow
James is fumbling particle weapons
Aaron is up one level

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Security Card November (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Ident Badge -Naomi Weiss- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)
L1RF Key (Tarran)
Jake's Engraved Plate (Dom)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 08:19:07 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7688 on: November 30, 2012, 08:20:24 pm »

"Since James is up and Jake's dead, there's no reason to stick around here any more. Let's go back into the passages and look for Taric before something bad happens to him, too," Dom said, heading in the direction she had last heard Taric speaking. "We might figure out where those bastards came from while we're at it."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7689 on: November 30, 2012, 09:31:15 pm »

"Right." Tarran replied to Dom, half aware, while looking at James. "My god James, you are horrible at catching. You barely even touched the shotgun before it hit the ground."

Follow Dom.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:33:00 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: December 01, 2012, 01:13:56 am »

James mutters a bit at Tarran's insult before following Dom.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: December 01, 2012, 06:31:39 am »

"Right, level check, whats on this floor? Please say weapons and armour."
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: December 02, 2012, 07:25:13 pm »

Well, the head of one lamp was lost in valiant struggle, but the efforts of the weekend have gone well enough. Also acquired a 134 year old medical text (written by the head of the institute of Phrenology of all people) from a thrift store that hadn't the faintest idea what it was. I think both myself and the teller were laughing up our sleeves when I paid ten bucks for it.

So, good -if exhausting- weekend. Turns now.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: December 02, 2012, 08:07:41 pm »

Ah, phrenology. I wonder how many people here know what that is without googling it (because I do know what it is :P).

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: December 02, 2012, 08:26:38 pm »

Dominique Wakeman, Tarran Smith, James Evan

"Since James is up and Jake's dead, there's no reason to stick around here any more. Let's go back into the passages and look for Taric before something bad happens to him, too," Dom said, heading in the direction she had last heard Taric speaking. "We might figure out where those bastards came from while we're at it."
"Right." Tarran replied to Dom, half aware, while looking at James. "My god James, you are horrible at catching. You barely even touched the shotgun before it hit the ground."

Follow Dom.

James mutters a bit at Tarran's insult before following Dom.

Dominique gets the group moving again, heading back out into the backworks of the restaurant. Tracing the way back to the little repair and control area for the drones isn't hard, but it lacks any trace of Taric. The nearby lift is active now, [observation 1] and there doesn't seem to be any way to tell if its been used recently. It, at least, only leads upwards. The other two small adjoining rooms are searched quickly by three people, steady light and numbers making all the difference in the world. The first room the three of you search is empty and useless, devoid of anything but rows and rows of holographic readouts. Most of which are in the red. [Int 2] None of you are quite sure if they're at all relevant. The other room, however, is helpful, if in a sick way.
   The room was a storage adjunct for the drone shop. Shelves of neatly labeled drawers contain various parts, and a good many of them look as if they'd been rifled through very recently. The concealed door to a maintenance shaft stands open in one wall- the only other exit save for the way you came in. On the floor is a pile of small components, carefully sorted and selected from the drawers on the wall. Beside that pile, and centered in the middle of the room, is something small and bloody. Someone swallows audibly when they get close enough to see it clearly. A very green eyeball stares up at the three of you, carefully balanced on top of Taric's short range radio.

---

Aaron White

"Right, level check, whats on this floor? Please say weapons and armour."

Paula shakes her head. "Not unless it's a prototype or in dire need of repair. Engineering is all building tech, power tools and heavy machinery. My work wasn't here, too many jocks and jobs that require the brainpower of a synthetic sirloin." [Luck 5+1] Her mouth quirks into a frown and she tugs at an earlobe. " I know the suit they kept testing down in the field had its weapons in for repairs every other week, some of the guys here couldn't stop whining about the calibration, and there was a rumor that an experimental project kept getting tossed and turfed back between engineering and the hotlabs, supposedly an arbitration-slash-politics fiasco, but I don't know more than that."

---

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Security Card November (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Ident Badge -Naomi Weiss- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)
L1RF Key (Tarran)
Jake's Engraved Plate (Dom)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

---
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 602