Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527387 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: He's dead, Jim.
« Reply #7665 on: November 17, 2012, 12:50:25 pm »

"Did that fucker kill Jake?!" Dom asked rhetorically. She knew the answer. "Son of a bitch! Damn it!" With another wordless growl of frustration, she popped back around the corner, taking a shot when the laser on her pistol was on the skirmisher's head, and ducked back into cover.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: November 17, 2012, 01:00:48 pm »

What level are the others on?

Tarran, Dom, and James have traversed a grand total of 0 floors and are still on floor 1.
Ash, who may or may not still be alive, has traversed 1 floor and is on floor 2.
You and yours have traversed 8 floors and are on floor 13

Friendly BoO is on floor 21

Shifting man BoO is unknown.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: November 17, 2012, 01:04:21 pm »

(We went down two staircases in the restaurant... is there not an exit to a lower floor from here? Or can we only head back out to the first floor?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: November 17, 2012, 01:45:18 pm »

(We went down two staircases in the restaurant... is there not an exit to a lower floor from here? Or can we only head back out to the first floor?)

The restaurant is all on the same floor, part of the recreational facilities. Don't think of the floors as ten foot increments. Each floor can be anywhere from 20-100+ft thick depending on its composition. Labs are probably the thinnest part of the facility, while maintenance floors are thick with the machinery that sustains the base, and the training field itself is, well, a giant field meant to simulate a battlefield. It's a wee bit taller than ten feet.

Otherwise the restaurant would end up spiking through the citizens' assembly, among other things.

So, more simply, there is an exit to a lower floor from your general area, but you haven't gone through it. The change would be fairly noticeable.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: November 17, 2012, 01:49:14 pm »

Now angry at having watched a man who had spilled his story out to him, who he had tried to protect just get killed, James outright charged the Immortal. Again.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: November 17, 2012, 02:37:12 pm »

(If you get shot, it's not my or Tarran's fault this time. :P)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7671 on: November 17, 2012, 03:04:39 pm »

(If you get shot, it's not my or Tarran's fault this time. :P)
(I'm fully aware that James is going to die faster than any of the others >.>)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: November 17, 2012, 03:16:01 pm »

Tarran Smith, Dominique Wakeman, James Evan

"Argh! Son of a bitch!"

Swap to my Jormungandr and shoot the Immortal.

"Did that fucker kill Jake?!" Dom asked rhetorically. She knew the answer. "Son of a bitch! Damn it!" With another wordless growl of frustration, she popped back around the corner, taking a shot when the laser on her pistol was on the skirmisher's head, and ducked back into cover.
Now angry at having watched a man who had spilled his story out to him, who he had tried to protect just get killed, James outright charged the Immortal. Again.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Dominique steps out of cover, trying to put her laser sight on the immortal's head before she pulls the trigger. [Quickshot 4+1-1-3] Even down on one leg the immortal is jerking too much to get a clean shot. The big iron misses, tearing a hole in a table behind the immortal.
   Tarran switches to his more familiar assault rifle and fires a burst at the immortal. [Quickshot 3+1+1+1] [Fire control 2+1, one additional round hits)] Immortal skirmisher armor -11, -6)  A pair of the smaller, lower velocity gauss rounds hits the immortal, but they fail to penetrate its armor.
   James turns back around, ignoring the danger and charging the immortal once more. [Dex 4] [Melee 6+1 Vs Dodge 4-2] [Confirm critical 5 Vs 1, critical confirmed] [Brawl 4+1+1] The punchgun that James still wears leads the charge, riding his fist as he rams it into the immortal's chest. (Immortal armor -9, Immortal HP -(115*1.1) = -126, Immortal killed) Chips of spine, bits of organ, and unidentifiable grayish ooze spatter out of the immortal's back. It hisses as its vast bulk slowly topples.

Silence falls with the last of the immortals. Tarran and Dominique come out of cover, Tarran to slump against a wall, and Dominique to check on Jake. James occupies himself by putting out the couch that he set on fire.
   Dominique kneels beside Jake, but there wouldn't have been hope if the man fallen onto an operating table. He's dead and crispy. All that's left to do now is go through his pockets, grisly as that is. [Luck 3] There isn't much. One of the pistols Tarran lent him is salvageable, but the other pistol and his armor are a fused and useless ruin. Most of his other belongings are in a similar state of heat damage, the only other object of interest on his person is an engraved metal plate. The plate is about half the size of Dom's palm, a piece of scrap with some geometric designs scratched on it. Maybe a hobby of his. Bit late to ask now.
   [Tarran Intuition 4] A thought crosses Tarran's mind, one more practical and less morose than the others. The immortals always worked an angle, they wanted an alliance, they wanted to steal James, they wanted to delay them long enough to get to an elevator. This Voice, the Father, whatever his name was, wanted something from them, so why hadn't the immortals asked them for something before they opened fire? They had to have known that sending just two was suicide...

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

---

Turn Recap
Tarran is shooting ineffectively
Dominique is blowing holes in air
James just punched out the bad guy

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Security Card November (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Ident Badge -Naomi Weiss- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)
L1RF Key (Tarran)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: November 17, 2012, 03:21:45 pm »

Dom took the plate since there had to be a reason she went over to search him and found it. She'd figure out what it was for later. She picked up the Irin and tossed it to James. "Here. If you're gonna keep charging in, you should have a weapon made for it." Then she turned to Tarran. "Hey, Boss? I got a real bad feeling that maybe these guys were meant to distract us while they nabbed Sizier. Think about it. We haven't seen him in awhile, he went off on his own, and they kept trying to kidnap James here. Either that or they wanted to shut Jake up, they seemed pretty intent on shooting him. Maybe both. What do you think?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: November 17, 2012, 03:26:12 pm »

Dom took the plate since there had to be a reason she went over to search him and found it

You Troper.

Also, bear in mind that the immortal only started shooting Jake after he scored a critical on him. Its focus was on James before that.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7675 on: November 17, 2012, 03:28:42 pm »

(Hmm, I have to ask. Why did my using Stamina drain Tarran's battery? I had enough to cover the cost... unless there was some hidden passive kinetics roll to drain from the surrounding area... Also, since I hadn't made any move to loot him yet, there was an obvious plot reason why Dom did that. :P)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: November 17, 2012, 03:39:33 pm »

(Hmm, I have to ask. Why did my using Stamina drain Tarran's battery? I had enough to cover the cost... unless there was some hidden passive kinetics roll to drain from the surrounding area... Also, since I hadn't made any move to loot him yet, there was an obvious plot reason why Dom did that. :P)

The plaque is a really minor thing, its purpose could be bypassed with a minor charisma roll. I had you search him because I didn't want anyone standing around, Tarran pondered, you searched, and James put out a flaming couch.

As to the battery drain, that's always been happening. Whenever you guys have been in the room with psychic powerhouses, like the battle between Hake and the Unchained, I've noted the ambient light dimming, air cooling, and a few other symptoms. A human being doesn't have enough energy to do the kind of things you can do, some of it comes from you, some of it from the surrounding area, but that's really just erosion from the main source.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7677 on: November 18, 2012, 12:47:15 am »

"Well, how would they kidnap Taric if they had to go past this point, where there was always someone awake?"

"...Maybe there's another way off this level..."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: November 18, 2012, 04:06:51 pm »

James caught the shotgun, and didn't talk, just kinda kicking the embers of the couch.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: November 23, 2012, 07:58:09 am »

BUMP OF KINGDOMS
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 602