Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526543 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Why Tarran should not give lessons in morality.
« Reply #7440 on: September 10, 2012, 09:21:34 pm »

Muttering out a quick curse, James sprinted over to the holocube, Satyr in his hand, or if it wasn't there, looked for something heavy and usable as a weapon.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7441 on: September 10, 2012, 09:54:35 pm »

Posting to watch. Might join if at all possible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7442 on: September 11, 2012, 04:46:06 am »

It'll be a bit. And on that note, looking at that character sheet I made for this, I'd like to withdraw it.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7443 on: September 11, 2012, 09:02:54 am »

It'll be a bit. And on that note, looking at that character sheet I made for this, I'd like to withdraw it.

Yeah, the pudgy cryo-kid. Done.

Pyro was right, there's a good long line and I'm not a particularly vicious GM. Still, can't get on if you don't waitlist.

Edit:

Fill the area where the bot is with Jormungandr bullets. Lots and lots of bullets.

This flavor for a burst, or do you want to go full auto? (Burst gives you, on average, 4/6 chance to hit with a three bullet impact. [Max 5] Full auto will almost always hit, and have a five round impact average. [Max 10])
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:14:51 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7444 on: September 11, 2012, 10:22:44 am »

I have my friends fire at whatever takes the small elevators, I go forward so that i can shoot into the big elevator,

Was my amount of ammo an dice roll by the way? i think dice hate me :P (2 shots... goddammit)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7445 on: September 11, 2012, 12:29:24 pm »

Ashley Fey

Jack out and Continue exploring, carefully

You don't dignify the Father with a response. You jack out of the system quickly and return to the real world, back into the white lights and long halls of 'civilization'. You usher your group to keep moving, you've got a long way to go yet.
   The turnoffs you saw earlier are what you expected, passages that lead into the various personnel wings. The first two offshoots lead to the A and B support staff wings respectively, the third and forth lead down to the support staff C wing and "possession processing". [Int 2] You're not exactly certain what that is.
   The hallway ends in a heavy door, locked and coded, labeled for the secondary staff rooms.

---

James Evan

Muttering out a quick curse, James sprinted over to the holocube, Satyr in his hand, or if it wasn't there, looked for something heavy and usable as a weapon.

Okay, this can't be good at all... [Dex 4 Vs Will 4+1] You make a mad dash over to the cube, leaping up from your Shadow's side and sprinting across the sand. You keep sprinting for a good ten seconds before you realize that you aren't getting any closer.
   "My world, my rules," the woman says calmly, smiling at you as she knits her fingers together. "And, by the way, swearing is not an acceptable answer when someone asks if you have anything to say for yourself. Now, let's pick up where we left off, shall we?" Her fingers unlace slowly, drawing out a large and very familiar silver knife. The knife blight once used, the knife the torturer used on you before that.
    You still have a pistol in your hand, you've still got blight backing you up, but you don't know how much good that's going to do in this circumstance.
    [Luck 4] Reality on the island fails to degrade further.

---

Aaron White

I have my friends fire at whatever takes the small elevators, I go forward so that i can shoot into the big elevator,

"Paula, Henry, take the elevator on the left. Cale, small elevator right. I'll take the big one." It isn't the most intricate battle plan, but it's as good as you're going to get. Wait for things to come out of elevators, when elevator doors open, shoot things. It works.
    [Luck 3, 6, 3] The personnel elevators to your left and right open simultaneously, each one bearing a pair of very, very unhealthy looking deadheads.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
   Henry, despite his injuries, acts first on the left. He fires a rifle round at the nearest deadhead's skull, [Quickshot 2+1+1-2] missing the fatal shot in his haste. The deadhead in question stares at him blankly, its twisted body seemingly surprised by the fact that he just tried to kill it. The other deadhead spares no such moment for contemplation, leaping out of the elevator to attack Paula with what looks suspiciously like a piece of bone jutting out of its arm. [Melee 5 Vs Dodge 2+1] [Brawl 3] (Paula armor -8, Hp -4) The wound is small, a scratch through the layer of body armor, but it's enough to shock Paula into opening fire. [Fire Control 3, three rounds each] (Deadhead 1 armor -1, -1, -1. Hp -1, -5) (Deadhead 2 armor -3, -1, -5) The deadhead that attacked her, wearing practically no armor beyond its tattered clothing, loses some flesh to the tiny rounds. The other deadhead, however, is well enough armored that not one of the bullets gets through.
   The deadheads act first on the right, their lead charging Cale down with a stun baton. [Deadhead melee 2 Vs Dodge 3+1] The deadhead misses badly, giving Cale time to get off a burst from his Sleipnir. [Quickshot 2+1+1] [Firecontrol 4+1, five rounds hit] (Deadhead 4 armor -6, -6, -7, -6, -5, Hp -1, -1, -3) The SMG is accurate at close range, but not particularly effective against the deadhead's light body armor. [Deadhead Melee 3, Vs Dodge 3+1] The remaining deadhead is as clumsy as the first, swinging and missing at Cale barehanded.
    Then the doors to the heavy transit elevator open, and you prepare to manage your own fight. That, however, doesn't happen. The elevator is empty. [Intuition 3] This feels like a trap, but everything feels like a trap these days. You have no idea whether it's wired to kill you the instant you step inside, or if God really has taken mercy on your poor souls.

---

Spoiler: Enemies, Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 04:02:33 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7446 on: September 11, 2012, 01:36:39 pm »

Looks like i have a knife Backstab the deadhead hurting henry with,
before you ask, i wont use the gun that apparently rips the stuff in front of it apart
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7447 on: September 11, 2012, 02:17:45 pm »

This flavor for a burst, or do you want to go full auto? (Burst gives you, on average, 4/6 chance to hit with a three bullet impact. [Max 5] Full auto will almost always hit, and have a five round impact average. [Max 10])
Full auto. I don't want to be zapped like Dom.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7448 on: September 11, 2012, 03:02:37 pm »

Full auto. I don't want to be zapped like Dom.

It can't. You saw how much energy that used up, and the bot only has five charge left. The zapping trick was pretty much a one off. But, anyway, full auto it is.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7449 on: September 11, 2012, 03:26:16 pm »

Oh, I wasn't really paying attention when it used that energy.

But regardless of it having enough energy or not, I don't see how much my character would know how much it used.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7450 on: September 11, 2012, 04:03:15 pm »

Oh, I wasn't really paying attention when it used that energy.

But regardless of it having enough energy or not, I don't see how much my character would know how much it used.

Point, and congratulations on making Dominique even more frustrated.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7451 on: September 11, 2012, 04:22:59 pm »

Tarran Smith, Dominique Wakeman, Taric Sizier

Fill the area where the bot is with Jormungandr bullets. Lots and lots of bullets.
"Good shot, Tar! Let's move!" Dom yelled, going for the stairs. Once she crested the top, she was opening fire on that robot again - even if she had to shove Tarran out of the way to get a clear shot. It was good to finally have something to take out some frustration on, and it needed to die.

Taric follows and also opens fire on the bot.

[Taric Dex 3] Taric is the fastest up the stairs, but he manages this feat with a singular gracelessness that renders him too off balance to get his light focused properly on the bot, let alone shoot it.
    Tarran, luckily being the right place at the right time, sets his Jormungandr to full-auto and fills the air with iron. [Fire control 5+1, nine bullets hit] (A. L.A.E Robot armor -2, -2, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, armor destroyed.  HP -9, -10, -7, -10, -15, -9 (Kill), -13, -9, -14) The hail of small bullets tears the robot into shreds, ripping through the remains of its armored casing and tearing apart vital internal systems. The machine shorts out with couple of bright arcs, then smashes into the floor like an unbalanced statue.
   Dominique [dex 2+1] lumbers up the stairs, fueled by revenge and a desire for payback. This desire is somewhat stymied by the fact that Tarran already handily dispatched the offending piece of mechanical perfection, destroying an excellent and constructive outlet for Dom's frustration and nearly omnipresent aggression.

(Advanced L.A.E bot has been destroyed.)

---

Aaron White

Looks like i have a knife Backstab the deadhead hurting henry with,

Since your fight appears to be non-existent, you draw your knife and rush to the aid of the Henry and Paula. You'd defend Henry first (the most wounded), but the only person in any danger right now appears to be Paula. [Melee 1]  A host of maternal reminders about running with knives floods your mind as you trip while attempting to stab the deadhead attacking Paula. [Luck 4] Fortunately, you manage to avoid stabbing yourself, but you're too late to avoid a painful reunion with the floor.
   Paula attempts to speedload her pistol [dex 4], succeeding in time to put out another burst in the rough direction of the near deadhead. [Fire control 2, One bullet hits] (Deadhead 1 armor -1, Hp -4. Deadhead 2 armor -1) Most of the bullets from the machine pistol go completely wide, and the deadheads don't even seem fazed by the very few bullets that do strike them. Note to self: Get Paula a bigger gun.
   The deadhead that had seemed to contemplate Henry's earlier attempt to kill him attacks now, swinging his stun baton at your stomach. [Melee 3+1 Vs Dodge 4+1] The weighted baton smashes into the floor, barely missing your ribs as you narrowly roll out of the way.
   The one with the spiky protrusion coming out of its arm turns its attention off Paula, possibly because she'll exhaust her supply of ammunition before she's able to scratch him, and instead works on stabbing your prone body. [Melee 2+1 Vs Dodge 3] You don't quite manage to roll out of the way of this one, and you're forced to grab it before it spikes you. [Str 6] You grab the warped growth with all of your strength and twist. [Deadhead end 3] The spike of bone breaks off in your hand, but the deadhead really doesn't seem that harmed by having it removed, merely confused.
   Henry, meanwhile, keeps focusing on trying to pull off a headshot with his rifle. [Quickshot 3+1-2] He misses again as the deadhead in question staggers a step forwards to further its quest to bludgeon your prone body.

The barehanded deadhead that Cale is dealing with tries to wrap its hands around his throat, [Deadhead Melee 4 Vs Dodge 4+1] but Cale slips backwards far enough that the damaged cyborg just stumbles around stupidly.
    Cale raises his SMG while the deadhead is still recovering from missing, whipping the compact gun up to head level. [Quickshot 5+1-2] [Fire Control 5+1, five rounds hit] (Deadhead CPU -18 (kill), -20, -18, -20, -8) Five bullets tear the skull of the unarmored deadhead apart and send the rest of its body crashing to the floor.
   The other deadhead doesn't even stop trying to club Cale for a moment as its companion falls to the ground. [Melee 3 Vs Dodge 5] Another of its clumsy strikes misses as Cale continues to dance just outside of its reach.

(You are now holding a bone spike in your free hand)
(Deadhead 3 has been killed)

---

Spoiler: Enemies, Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7452 on: September 11, 2012, 04:33:20 pm »

"Take that!" Tarran stroke a pose for a split second, and then returned to a normal pose before anyone could notice that he had moved.

"Well, with that out of the way, does anybody have any particular want to go back to check James? Or should we just continue on?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7453 on: September 11, 2012, 06:53:38 pm »

"Goddamnit." Dom kicked a random corpse. "Yeah, fine, let's go check on coma kid. We'll just drag him back down here with us; probably shouldn't be leaving him lying around anyway."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7454 on: September 11, 2012, 07:07:34 pm »

Go check up on James the Coma Man. If he's still there, drag him down to the third level. With the help of others, of course.
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 602