Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526460 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Why Tarran should not give lessons in morality.
« Reply #7410 on: September 04, 2012, 02:26:41 pm »

Bwahahahahahaha!

Urge to make size joke... RISING EXPONENTIALLY!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: September 04, 2012, 02:34:14 pm »

"Hey, how about I take a look at it? Maybe, unlike Taric, I'll have something useful to say about it."

Offer to examine the pistol myself.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: September 04, 2012, 07:08:34 pm »

"Well unless you really want to hack this thing it appears we are hoping to god the elevators over there are holding"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: September 05, 2012, 04:10:06 am »

"Couldn't hurt," Dom said, letting Tarran examine it. She kept still to regain her energy after that brutal tasering, of course, but still kept observant of her surroundings on the off-chance that robotic dickhead was still around. She also politely completely ignored the previous incident since they were having a hard enough time as it was and there was no need to go on about it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: September 05, 2012, 05:29:14 am »

Ahra, have you thought about going next door to the place you're trying to get into and either cutting through the wall or going through a vent or something?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: September 05, 2012, 03:22:47 pm »

"...Woah damn. Now I know why you act like a bitch all the time boss. Guess freud WAS right about compensatory behaviour! Now come on, get a move on shorty, before I start making MUCH worse jokes about your member's size."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: September 05, 2012, 03:47:16 pm »

Tarran Smith

"Hey, how about I take a look at it? Maybe, unlike Taric, I'll have something useful to say about it."

Offer to examine the pistol myself.

With Dom's blessing, you snatch the pistol away from Taric. [Int 4] You've seen these before, though not often. Marcus occasionally had a few around along with the rest of the guns he sold, but you never had a reason to buy one. It's an improvised flamethrower that shoots in bursts, made by people with access to unstable gases and a serious deathwish. Never as popular in the improvised weapon market as the Renfield or the Chimera due to its propensity for exploding at awkward moments. Your dealer always referred to them as Phoenixes, a bit of black humor you're sure, considering how rare it is for the user to survive a critical malfunction.
   Taric makes rude jokes about your earlier wardrobe malfunction when you take the pistol away from him, but he does have a small point. Not about anything in the compensation department, but rather about moving on. You've picked over this tier of the restaurant fairly well, and you've managed to get a mag-key, an ID, and a seriously determined law-enforcement robot. Hell, If anyone is compensating for something, it's that bot.
---

Dominique Wakeman

"Couldn't hurt," Dom said, letting Tarran examine it. She kept still to regain her energy after that brutal tasering, of course, but still kept observant of her surroundings on the off-chance that robotic dickhead was still around. She also politely completely ignored the previous incident since they were having a hard enough time as it was and there was no need to go on about it.

The bot is undoubtedly still around, unless there's an exit down below and it's managed to escape, but you don't think it's going to be coming back up while you've got it outnumbered. [Stamina 4+1] (+10 Stamina) You feel a bit better now that you're standing upright. It's still not green lights and amber drinks, but it's a lot better.

---

Aaron White

"Well unless you really want to hack this thing it appears we are hoping to god the elevators over there are holding"

[Paula will 4] "I'm willing to try it. It's not like our presence is completely unknown here," Paula says, gesturing to the preaching screens. "We can always run away if it doesn't work."
   As the de facto leader it's your call. Bypass, or walk away?

---

Turn Recap
Taric is actually, peripherally, making an action.
Tarran is identifying.
Dominique resting
Aaron is going to have to make a decision

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: September 05, 2012, 03:52:15 pm »

I'm waiting for everyone else to be ready before I go down a level. I'm not going solo, especially with that bot.

"You know, Taric, for all your intelligence, you still say the stupidest things out of the bunch."

"Anyway, Dom, this is an improvised flamethrower. Emphasis on improvised, as this thing can explode at the wrong time. I'm sure you can imagine how bad an exploding flamethrower is."

"And is everyone ready to move out?"
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: September 05, 2012, 04:25:54 pm »

´Faint grin`
"Ok but sleepyhead better run for himself this time around"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: September 05, 2012, 04:27:49 pm »

"Huh." Dom looked at the pistol herself before tucking it away. "Good to know. And ready when you are, Boss. Lead the way." Dom took her Abassy back out and flicked on the laser sight, ready to back him up as needed.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: September 05, 2012, 04:44:29 pm »

Lead the team (Taric, me, Dom, and Jake) on an epic journey to the level below this one!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: September 05, 2012, 06:21:34 pm »

James looked to see if Blight was there.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: September 05, 2012, 06:59:35 pm »

James looked to see if Blight was there.

Of course she's there, she's pinning your shadow down by the opposite arm! You'd kinda notice something like your frenemy disappearing.

Why would you think that she's gone? It boggles the mind.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: September 05, 2012, 07:31:20 pm »

Tarran Smith, Dominique Wakeman, Taric Sizier

Lead the team (Taric, me, Dom, and Jake) on an epic journey to the level below this one!
"Huh." Dom looked at the pistol herself before tucking it away. "Good to know. And ready when you are, Boss. Lead the way." Dom took her Abassy back out and flicked on the laser sight, ready to back him up as needed.

Tarran leads the group to the nearest staircase as soon as Dom is ready to Travel. Jake and Taric take up the middle of the group, while Tarran has point and Dominique brings up the rear. The four of you descend slowly, carefully stepping around the well aged corpses that clog the steps.
    [Observation 5] Descent brings little revelation, merely definition, to your early assessment of this place. More overturned tables and chairs litter the floor, crusting the ground with the remains of once decadent meals. The remains of the eaters of those decadent meals are sprawled about similarly, though fewer in number than on the first tier. The shape of the place is much as you'd gathered from your earlier impressions; three ovals set partially into the wall, with each lobe joined to others by a walkway that runs directly over the center of the pit- creating a three way hub in the middle.
   You disembark the staircase onto southwest lobe. The staircase continue further down, punching all the way down to the third tier. Set slightly into the wall immediately behind you is a door. It appears to lack any form of handle or access panel. More of the cleaning bots are scattered about the floor, though only one of the five that can see is even remotely functional. It is a desolate scene, smelling strongly of old dead and hot metal.
   [Failed Roll not shown]

---

Aaron White

´Faint grin`
"Ok but sleepyhead better run for himself this time around"

You smile slightly and give Paula the go ahead, joking lightly about Henry running on his own bloody feet this time.
   Paula carefully pries the plate off the door's reader, poking about in the system's internals with infinite gentleness. [Paula Mechanical 2+1] Paula sucks in breath suddenly, reacting to a problem so fine that none of the others can even see it. Everyone holds their breath with Paula for a long moment. [Luck 2] Then the panel emits a soft electrical pop, sparking as a set of wires cross.
   "Shit," Paula breathes, "shit shit shit shit..."
   "I take it that means it didn't work?" Cale asks.
   The wallscreens reply before Paula does. The shifting man, formerly focused on a point in middair, now focuses on the door that Paula just botched. The sudden silence is almost as bad as the manifold staring.
   "What's security response like in these parts?"
   "Three minutes, give or take."

---

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: September 05, 2012, 07:39:04 pm »

"Let's keep going down, Boss. I really don't wanna hang around these corpses, y'know?" Dom said, heading for the staircase and aiming her weapon down it until the others caught up, so she could proceed with them while remaining ready for any 'surprises' - like that bot.
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 602