Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526436 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Why Tarran should not give lessons in morality.
« Reply #7395 on: August 30, 2012, 01:55:52 am »

"Fiiiine... but you weren't the one just about electrocuted to death, Boss," Dom grumbled as she accepted Tarran's help up.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7396 on: August 30, 2012, 02:26:17 am »

Carefully head east, on the lookout for enemies or security measures
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: August 30, 2012, 02:58:36 am »

Help Dom up.

"Stop whining. You can have Taric go first next time, then you won't get zapped."
Tarran chuckled slightly.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: August 31, 2012, 05:28:21 pm »

Tarran Smith, Dominique Wakeman, Taric Sizier

"Dom, get up... At least get up long enough to move away from this spot... You don't want to get shocked by the bot again, do you?"
"Fiiiine... but you weren't the one just about electrocuted to death, Boss," Dom grumbled as she accepted Tarran's help up.
Help Dom up.

"Stop whining. You can have Taric go first next time, then you won't get zapped."
Tarran chuckled slightly.

Dominique gets up slowly, grudgingly accepting Tarran's second offer of help. She doesn't look great; her hair is standing on end, she's smoking slightly, and unisex body armor isn't the most flattering outfit to be wearing anyway- let alone when it has as much unidentifiable matter crusted into it as hers does. The important part is that she's standing upright and in a great deal better condition than most of the room's occupants, a low bar considering that they're twelve months past dead, but beggars can't be choosers.
   Dom grumbles some about being removed from the floor. Tarran grumps at her to stop whining in a bantering tone, volunteering Taric for the next round of "identify the strange object". Taric protests on the grounds that he got shocked unconscious last time, making it Tarran's turn to take a tazer nap.
    Jake's voice cuts across the banter feebly. "Is it gone, did you get it?"

---

Ashley Fey

Carefully head east, on the lookout for enemies or security measures

You start east, towards the housing section of this floor. You doubt you'll find the comms station in someone's bathroom, but you could probably use an ID of some kind. Can't hurt to check this place out anyway.
    [Luck 1] Of course, that last thought could also be very wrong. You're maybe fifty feet along from the elevator corridor, easily able to see several other turnoffs (Undoubtedly to personnel wings) along the corridor ahead of you, when the emergency warning lights kick in. The hallway, formerly your standard white, takes on a bloody hue as the primary lighting powers down. Conversely, a set of hidden wallscreens that had formerly been imitating the walls, power on, piping out nothing but pulsing static.
    [Int 1] You have absolutely no idea what's going on, or how it knew you were here, but you don't like it.
   "I vote nude beach for our next job," Jordan says, already spinning around to take rearguard. "Lot less chance that one can go from industrial disaster movie reject to horror movie reject in five seconds. Plus, tans, It's bloody hard to keep a tan in underground bunkers, but on a beac-"
   "Jordan, shut up,"

---

Aaron White

to observation

You make a mental note to thank Paula later. Cale, Henry, and yourself have experience in the shafts, but none of you work on the surface streets much. Her experiences here, trivial and endearingly illegal as they were, are your best guide until you can actually find a map. You keep straight, avoiding the elevators and the archives, marching on to observation.
    [Luck 4] The wallscreens continue to proselytize, making for an annoying backdrop of white noise, but otherwise nothing impedes your progress. You reach the first observation door, rear observation, to find it locked. Luckily, every group that has been sent so far has been provided with a card, sometimes not the greatest security class, but observation shouldn't require anything special.
   There's a moment where all four of you look at each other expectantly before the truth arrives. The card was given to the group leader, who hadn't managed to give it to anyone else prior to being shot to death.
   "We're stuck out here..." Henry says, a mixture of bloodloss and realization making his voice soft. "We can't go anywhere." 
   You grimace and ignore Henry. "Can we bypass the lock?"
   "Maybe," Paula says carefully. "But if we cut it the door will send a signal for maintenance, which tells everyone where we are. If I try and bypass electronically and fail, it sends a signal for security, which would be the same, but worse."

---

Turn Recap
Taric is protesting
Tarran is bantering
Dominique grumbling
Aaron is discussing
Ashley is cursing (mentally)

Cale is silent-ing
Paula is explaining
Henry is moaning

Jordan is babbling
Harry is interdicting

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 05:32:00 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: August 31, 2012, 05:47:57 pm »

"Boss... do you think we're ever going to get out of this place? It feels like we've been here for well over a year," Dom sighed as she reloaded all of her weapons. She handed the two Chimera pistols to Jake - she didn't want or need them, and if he was going to stick around he might as well be armed - and offered the Long Range Jormungandr to Tarran. She also made Taric identify her Unusual Pistol. Finally, she looked to see if there was a way to take the power cells out of the stun batons; if so, she took the power unit out of three of them and dropped them, keeping only one. If not, she just dropped three anyway.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:30:18 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7400 on: August 31, 2012, 08:06:23 pm »

Refuse the Jormungandr. "Dom, I'm burdened nearly to my limit. I can't carry much else."

Also, drop my Chimera without even touching or looking at it. Like in a video game.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: August 31, 2012, 08:16:36 pm »

(I've been re-reading the thread over the past few days and several pages ago you were asking me to get it from that Immortal and give it you, so I thought I'd do that. Guess it can wait until it gets repaired, though.)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: August 31, 2012, 08:19:15 pm »

Pretty sure it was a very long time ago when I wanted it. Now, my want for it has waned a lot, especially since it's damaged.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: August 31, 2012, 11:50:26 pm »

It feels like we've been here for well over a year

... Not so subtle point is taken. Believe me, I'm tired of it too. Very, very tired.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: September 01, 2012, 12:38:45 am »

Jack into the screens and attempt to turn the alarm off if possible
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: September 01, 2012, 03:29:21 am »

... Not so subtle point is taken. Believe me, I'm tired of it too. Very, very tired.

(Sorry. :-\ I just feel like we're getting sidetracked too much from the plot, and I'd like to get back to it.)

EDIT: (That and by my count we've only accrued (at 50 posts per page) 20 pages this whole year as compared to 120 last year... because you've had a real run of bad luck this year, haven't you, D? :C)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 05:42:55 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: September 01, 2012, 08:56:25 am »

(Sorry. :-\ I just feel like we're getting sidetracked too much from the plot, and I'd like to get back to it.)

EDIT: (That and by my count we've only accrued (at 50 posts per page) 20 pages this whole year as compared to 120 last year... because you've had a real run of bad luck this year, haven't you, D? :C)

Indeed, to both.

You've got Taricus, that gets you the floor layout. Now all you've got to do is find where they'd stick your ship. Everything else, like preventing Ashley from baking the survivors, is extra.

Always keep moving. I hear down is nice this time of year.
---

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: September 01, 2012, 04:28:24 pm »

´When the hell did this fall on my damn shoulders...´
"I Guess the best we can do is to breach it open, anyone got anything explosive or is this an good ol´ everyone ramming the door with their shoulder first?"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: September 01, 2012, 04:50:03 pm »

((Was camping))
"You..." James looked at his hand, then the forest he was in, trying to see if he recognized anything.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7409 on: September 04, 2012, 02:22:58 pm »

Tarran Smith

Refuse the Jormungandr. "Dom, I'm burdened nearly to my limit. I can't carry much else."

Also, drop my Chimera without even touching or looking at it. Like in a video game.

You politely turn down an exceptionally battered looking rifle that Dom offers you. You're already carrying a small armory, and, despite the reduced gravity of this particular moon, one more rifle might be the straw that breaks this camel's back. To highlight the fact that you can't carry more, you decide to drop one of your pistols in a wholly unconventional manner.
   You strike a heroic pose, setting your jaw and glaring in a masculine way whilst you attempt to remove your pistol by will alone. [Passive Kinetics 1] Everything below the waist unbuckles. Gravity, being a predictable force, does the rest.
   You abandon your heroic pose, cursing and retrieving your fallen pants with equal passion.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Boss... do you think we're ever going to get out of this place? It feels like we've been here for well over a year," Dom sighed as she reloaded all of her weapons. She handed the two Chimera pistols to Jake - she didn't want or need them, and if he was going to stick around he might as well be armed - and offered the Long Range Jormungandr to Tarran. She also made Taric identify her Unusual Pistol. Finally, she looked to see if there was a way to take the power cells out of the stun batons; if so, she took the power unit out of three of them and dropped them, keeping only one. If not, she just dropped three anyway.

With the enemy momentarily out of sight you take the time to go through your stock of equipment, reloading everything that needs reloading and even handing a pair of Chimera pistols over to Jake when he gets up the nerve to return to the group. He might not be the bravest fellow, but he deserves to try and kill people the same as everyone else. Plus, even if he doesn't ever use them, he can still mule them for you.
   You offer the bent barreled rifle you've been carrying around to Tarran, but he refuses, telling you that he's already carrying far too much. Then, for reasons that are perhaps best left unknown, he removes his trousers and all attached accoutrements psychically. You pretend not to notice too much while he curses entertainingly and collects his garments.
    Since you lack the four arms necessary to wield the four stun clubs you're carrying, you extract the cells and drop all but one. Cells are useful, thirty-plus pounds of riot control weapons... not so much.
   Lastly, you hand the unusual pistol to Taric for a few moments, letting him look it over to see what it is. You know it shoots rather foul smelling fireballs, but other than that you're in the dark to its usage.
     [Taric Int 2+1] Taric looks over the pistol, tapping a nonexistent mustache after a moment. "It's a pistol, you shoot things with it. The little metal doohickey near the handle makes it go, and the end with the hole in it is the part you want to face away from you." Taric's tone drips sarcasm. "It's not my gun, how the hell should I know what it is?"

---

Ashley Fey

Jack into the screens and attempt to turn the alarm off if possible

You act quickly, extending a claw and slicing into one the wallscreens. You don't know how much work you've got ahead of you, but you sincerely doubt that you've got long to do it in. [Mechanical 4] You're able to strip the screen down to bare electronics and jack in fairly easily. Security software is pretty rare on screens interfaces, mostly because it would take either a certifiable genius or someone like you to use one as an access port.
   You close your eyes and let yourself drift, shutting out the red glow of the corridor and the hiss of static from the screens, focusing on slipping through the screen's software as one more piece of data.  [Mechanical 2+1 Vs Screen Firewall 1-1] The security that you're trying to slip doesn't even exist, not in any meaningful way. Without anything to stop you, you sit back and observe. [Intelligence 4] The emergency lighting that's running on the halls isn't part of an alert, the lights have been triggered as part of an emergency broadcast. The broadcast itself is the real gem on the program though, it's set up as a pulse signal buried in the static. A cylic auto-hack designed specifically to do its job badly and start tripping every security system that can hear it. [Mechanical 5+1]  You block the emergency broadcast signal out of the relay with almost ridiculous ease, silencing the screens and bringing the standard lighting back online.
   A voice warbles appreciatively back in the real world, everything but the tone blocked out by your technological meditation. You pay it little attention, distracted by the thin signal slipping through from the same source block as the EBS. It's simplistic, little better than ordered bits, but it sends a clear enough message to someone like you.

You can't win.
Why are you even here?

---

James Evan

"You..." James looked at his hand, then the forest he was in, trying to see if he recognized anything.

You jerk your hand off your shadow's arm, inspecting it carefully to see if anything horrible just happened. It seems normal enough, pink, slightly calloused flesh, normal in every way. You put the hand back on the shadow's arm slowly, inspecting the suddenly muted island instead.
   [Observation 6] The birds are still there, and their beaks still open and close, but they make no sound. The noise of their wings, barely noticeable as it was before, is gone as well. Other than the birds being put on mute, however, nothing else seems to have changed.
   "I told you. Bait," your shadow says slowly, the expression of pained confusion arriving again. "It's not supposed to come here, not written for it. Excluded."

---

Aaron White

´When the hell did this fall on my damn shoulders...´
"I Guess the best we can do is to breach it open, anyone got anything explosive or is this an good ol´ everyone ramming the door with their shoulder first?"

You lack any real explosives, discounting the condensed flammable gas for your Phoenix, but the shoulder ramming thing still has a little bit of merit at least. Paula, though, shakes her head. "Hitting it hard enough to open the door would still set off a maintenance alert, and I don't know if you could even hit the door that hard... Without breaking parts of your shoulder anyway."
   "So...?"
   "So, we can cut it, bypass it, or walk away. There really isn't another option, not without security clearance. Hitting it would just make a lot of unnecessary noise and probably hurt you more than the door."
   You aren't sure if she's right or not, you can hit pretty damn hard, but she's a scientist by nature. "Hit it really hard" has probably never been high on her list of solutions to any problem.

---

Turn Recap
Taric is being a smartass
Tarran is stripping
James is observing
Dominique performing mass inventory management
Aaron is discussing
Ashley is a tech-monk

Jordan is possibly congratulating
Harry is possibly congratulating

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:26:12 pm by Draignean »
---
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 602