Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526334 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Why Tarran should not give lessons in morality.
« Reply #7380 on: August 29, 2012, 01:22:55 pm »

Tarran Smith, Dominique Wakeman, Taric Sizier

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Tarran raises his rifle as soon as he's close enough for a clean shot, aiming to put a single bullet into one of this thing's arms. [Quickshot 4+1+1-1] [LAE Bot Soak 4] (L.A.E Bot armor -6. HP -8) The gauss round strikes home, piercing the robot's molded plastic armor, but fails to impair the functionality of its arm.

Dominique, recovering slightly from being severely electrocuted, focuses on throwing a crude pyschic uppercut at her assailant. [A. Kinetics 4] The relatively weak and unfocused shockwave hits, [LAE bot Dexterity 2] surprising the bot's programming and wrenching it off Dom's back. It only skids a few feet away, but it's more than enough for her to get free.  (Bot armor -3)

The LAE bot scrambles to its feet with inhuman agility, [Intelligence 4+1] [Dexterity 4] and flips backwards, twisting its way over the railing that separates this tier from a very long drop. It vanishes over the edge soundlessly. The sound of its body hitting the bottom of the drop is also noticeably absent.

Taric, with an empty assault rifle (and no target for that matter), takes a moment to reload. Nothing ever gives up that easily, and it's not a good idea to have an empty weapon when it comes back.

---

Ashley Fey

Head to the second level, and begin search for communications

You tell Harry to punch in floor two. He does so immediately. You don't know where your target is, but between guesswork and methodical action... you should get there. Eventually.
   The elevator ride is surprisingly long, really surprisingly long. You'd guess that the floors have a lot more than the standard spacing between them, not terribly unusual on an underground facility. Of course, it's also possible that you mucked something about when you were working on disabling external control.
   Full gravity comes back by unpleasant degrees as you near the second floor. Full gravity means that the second floor has all, or at least most, of its power working, a mixed blessing. It means relief from the partial-power-from-hell that first floor had, but it also means that most of the floor's security and monitoring systems will be active.
   All three of you point weapons at the elevator doors as they slide grudgingly open, a little sticky on the interiors from where you jimmied them.

Your first sight of the second floor is bathed in sterile light, the softly colorless glow of an active system of ambient lighting strips. The clean light illuminates the corpses crowding the elevator doors in an oddly picturesque way- like a museum display on war crimes. You step out of the elevator with as much care as you can manage. The dead might not care, but there is something about crunching over a small sea of dried and holed out corpses that feels disrespectful.
  Jordan whistles almost inaudibly. "Different COD on these poor fools, but I'm guessing you could figure that out already," he says, referring to the bodies' visibly shattered bones and perforated flesh and clothing.
  You nod and continue walking, picking your way over the bodies and through the brightly lit hallway. The corridor past the bodies doesn't lead far, leading to an east west intersection a few dozen yards away. The holo-tags are mercifully active along with main power, giving you a decent idea of where the hallway goes. The west branch is labeled solely for the facility's citizen's assembly, while the east branch leads to the Secondary staff housing as well as the support staff dorms A, B, and C.

---

Aaron White

"Well... anyone got a clue what they storaged in there chaps?"

Henry and Cale shake their heads, but Paula speaks up. "The archives are for storing all the tests that have gone through the training room. It's got a full holographics suite, a dozen personal units, and a brace of tanks- the VR kind, not the shooty ones," she adds when Cale starts looking excited. "We mostly used it so we could review the field trials of our tech." Paula pauses there, almost blushing slightly. "It's also got some... other stuff included. It's the most advanced VR facility we have, outside of what the primary staff recreation facilities, so some of the secondary staff used it off hours as a hangout. But we didn't add anything that would be useful right now, just some hidey holes, additional simulations, and a security loop to keep the cameras from seeing us when we were... borrowing the equipment."

---

Turn Recap
Taric is reloading
Tarran is shooting things in the arm
Dominique psychically punching things
Aaron is learning
Ashley has arrived on the second floor

Cale is listening
Paula is explaining the habits of technocrat scientists gone wild
Henry is listening

Jordan is following
Harry is following

Other Events
Tarran Will be encumbered as soon as the gravity goes back to earth normal

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Ident Badge -Naomi Weiss- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)
L1RF Key (Tarran)

Spoiler: Enemy (Tarran and Co.) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 10:48:23 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: August 29, 2012, 01:48:06 pm »

"Hey! You little asshole, get back here and get what's coming to you, I'll bite your legs off!"

"...Dick. Hey Dom, you okay?"

Grab Dom's arm and get her on her feet.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7382 on: August 29, 2012, 03:13:06 pm »

"If it's all the same I'm just going to lie here. I don't feel like moving after getting that much electricity pumped into me."

(Yeah, I'm not going anywhere with only 1 stamina, Tarran. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7383 on: August 29, 2012, 04:28:26 pm »

It says you have 10, though.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7384 on: August 29, 2012, 04:30:41 pm »

(Not sure why. I had 8 before I used the 7 stamina slam.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7385 on: August 29, 2012, 04:34:23 pm »

Maybe he let you use the slam for free, and then let you regen 2? It didn't say you lost any.

That, or apparently a Draignean does forget.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: August 29, 2012, 05:00:38 pm »

Maybe he let you use the slam for free, and then let you regen 2? It didn't say you lost any.

That, or apparently a Draignean does forget.

Dominique has an endurance of nine.

She was reduced to -1 stamina by the stunner blast, she regenerated 9 at the end of the turn to bring her to eight. She then used seven on a slam, bringing her down to 1, and regenerated 9 again to bring her up to 10.

IT ALL MAKES PERFECT SENSE. I'M NOT INSANE.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: August 29, 2012, 05:02:27 pm »

(Ah. OK, that does make sense.)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7388 on: August 29, 2012, 05:20:07 pm »

You sound like you're *very* confident that you're 'not' insane. Did you forget your pills today, Draggy Boy? /creepyoldnursevoice.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: August 29, 2012, 06:35:48 pm »

Which east is east draig?
The east branch is labeled solely for the facility's citizen's assembly, while the east branch leads to the Secondary staff housing as well as the support staff dorms A, B, and C.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: August 29, 2012, 10:46:46 pm »

Which east is east draig?
The east branch is labeled solely for the facility's citizen's assembly, while the east branch leads to the Secondary staff housing as well as the support staff dorms A, B, and C.

Ah. Shit.

This is why someone else gives directions while I drive. Fixing, but in case you're too lazy to read it again, the citizen's assembly is the west branch.

You sound like you're *very* confident that you're 'not' insane. Did you forget your pills today, Draggy Boy? /creepyoldnursevoice.

Of course not, those pills make me crazy you know. It happens that way, effect precedes cause and the White Knight starts talking backwards while the men at the laundromat steal all my good clothing.
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: August 29, 2012, 10:57:49 pm »

Of course not, those pills make me crazy you know. It happens that way, effect precedes cause and the White Knight starts talking backwards while the men at the laundromat steal all my good clothing.
What? Those pants were AWESOME! I couldn't resist!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: August 29, 2012, 11:11:26 pm »

Tarran Smith

"Hey! You little asshole, get back here and get what's coming to you, I'll bite your legs off!"

"...Dick. Hey Dom, you okay?"

Grab Dom's arm and get her on her feet.

You taunt the space where the bot used to be, not really expecting any reply. You aren't disappointed. Grudgingly, you lower your rifle down into a less homicidal position, turning your immediate attention to Dom. You offer her a hand up from the floor, which is more than somewhat dirty and undoubtedly uncomfortable, but she refuses in a somewhat hazy tone.
   Being shocked that heavily does usually make one somewhat restive, you're well aware of that from your encounter with the arbiter back on earth.     

---

Dominique Wakeman

"If it's all the same I'm just going to lie here. I don't feel like moving after getting that much electricity pumped into me."

You lie on the floor. Tarran attempts to help you up. You refuse groggily. You start to wonder if your brain is ever going to start forming complex thoughts again. [Stamina 4] (+8 stamina) There's a robotic arm poking you in the back. You're dazed enough that it is, surprisingly, not that uncomfortable. You celebrate mentally as one of your thoughts manages the strength to include a comma.

---

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: August 29, 2012, 11:27:13 pm »

"Dom, get up... At least get up long enough to move away from this spot... You don't want to get shocked by the bot again, do you?"

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: August 30, 2012, 12:42:13 am »

to observation
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 602