Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526300 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Why Tarran should not give lessons in morality.
« Reply #7335 on: August 21, 2012, 07:32:03 pm »

"COME ON, LAST STRETCH!!!"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: August 21, 2012, 09:12:33 pm »

Because as an "Iscariotic" double he's supposed to betray me- he sets up the "bait" illusion, but in ll reality he's there to keep Sample 18 up and running well- hence why when Blight killed him the fungus went out of control.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: August 21, 2012, 09:33:14 pm »

I know, I know or can at least guess!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: August 21, 2012, 11:49:40 pm »

Because as an "Iscariotic" double he's supposed to betray me- he sets up the "bait" illusion, but in ll reality he's there to keep Sample 18 up and running well- hence why when Blight killed him the fungus went out of control.

He did a lot of helping you when he was around, and he had more than plenty of opportunities to betray you. Why would he continue to restrain the sample after you left? Wouldn't it have been simpler for him to just let it eat you, rather than call you down to inform you about it after you manage to escape?

Kudos for knowing your basic bible trivia though.

Warm.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: August 22, 2012, 12:05:00 am »

Warm.
Warm eh?

...Is he a projection of some other Technocrat, or perhaps even the fungus itself?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: August 22, 2012, 12:10:27 am »

Warm.
Warm eh?

...Is he a projection of some other Technocrat, or perhaps even the fungus itself?

Frickin' Frigid.

Why would a fungus, whose only priorities are to eat and have sex with self, appear as a human being? Let alone a human being with a better than layman understanding of brain chemistry. Honestly, that makes no sense.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: August 22, 2012, 12:20:36 am »

Warm eh?

Frickin' Frigid.

Why would a fungus, whose only priorities are to eat and have sex with self, appear as a human being? Let alone a human being with a better than layman understanding of brain chemistry. Honestly, that makes no sense.
Hey, I was just making vague guesses since you gave a vague 'warm'.

Maybe it was designed to appear as human, or it figured it the most compatible form to James' brain would be a human?

Regardless, what about the former guess rather than the latter?

Edit:...Could it be 'Callahan', from the start of James' character, perhaps?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 12:43:54 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: August 22, 2012, 12:46:01 am »

Aaron White

"COME ON, LAST STRETCH!!!"

[Stamina 3+1] [Dex 3-1] [Paula Dex 4+1] [Cale Dex 3] You stagger along as fast as you can, but that ain't exactly a great pace. Paula outstrips you easily, the stunner to her back giving her the incentive necessary to sprint the final meters to the hatch. Cale makes it to the access hatch first by dint of proximity, [Str 4+1] prying it open and heaving himself through with a combination of maintenance born muscles and desperation.
   [Henry Soak 3-1] Henry's faint squirming stops when you take a bad stride, not enough to send him tumbling, but bad enough to jar him pretty badly.
      [Immortal Dex 4, 3+1, 5] [LAE Bots 2, 4+1, 5+1] [Deadheads 5, 5, 3, 3] [Quickshot 4-1-1] [Quickshot 1-1-1] [Luck 4, no ill effects] [Quickshot 4-1+1+1] [Fire control 5+1] Another stunner hisses by, sparking a couple yards away from you on the metal wall of the shaft. You're almost home free when another voice joins the crackling hiss of the stunners, speaking with the resounding triple bark of an assault burst. [E/O 1, Hits you] Three slugs hit you in the back, knocking your run into a staggering Quasimodo of a lope. Your makeshift armor absorbs all three impacts, but the bruises those slugs left behind are going to be tender for a long while. (Armor -15, -14, -11. Hp -3, -9.)   

Spoiler: Chase Distances (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: August 22, 2012, 12:52:48 am »

Warm eh?

Frickin' Frigid.

Hey, I was just making vague guesses since you gave a vague 'warm'.

Maybe it was designed to appear as human, or it figured it the most compatible form to James' brain would be a human?

Regardless, what about the former guess rather than the latter?

Edit:...Could it be 'Callahan', from the start of James' character, perhaps?

It's parasitic, not symbiotic, it doesn't care about compatibility. It has the brainpower of a mushroom, and not one of the big ones with networks that span acres, this is a mushroom smaller than your pinky nail.

Frickin' Frigid applied to all of your suggestions, and it still applies. I'd continue to mock you, but I just spent almost a minute trying to remember how to spell "does" so I think some sleep might be necessary all around.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: August 22, 2012, 01:34:07 am »

I'd continue to mock you,
Thanks. Nice to know if I ever make guesses at all I'll be repeatedly mocked to extensive extents by you. :|

but I just spent almost a minute trying to remember how to spell "does" so I think some sleep might be necessary all around.
To be fair, 'does' does have 4 words, which doesn't sound hard, but that's 456976 possibilities to remember, which can and does confuse some people because nobody thinks that 4 words can have as many possibilities as it does have. I mean, 'does' does sound like do, and ez. It doesn't sound like do and es.

:P
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:35:46 am by Tarran »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: August 22, 2012, 01:51:08 am »

Dom nodded to Tarran. "Yeah, we ran into him a little while ago. He says there are other survivors kicking around somewhere in here. I'm kinda hoping that these people can help us out somehow if and when we rescue their asses. We... ARE rescuing them, right Boss?" she asked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: August 22, 2012, 02:00:54 am »

"Yeah, we'll rescue them, as long as it doesn't risk our lives too much. It's better to lose some than lose everyone." Tarran responded to Dom, nodding slightly.

He then turned to Jake. "What else did he-" Tarran then noticed Jake's unusual stare. "-Is... he okay? Is there something wrong with him? Did I do something scary?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: August 22, 2012, 02:29:34 am »

Dom blushed slightly and scratched the back of her head before whispering to Tarran. "Er... he's probably just nervous 'cause I beat the shit out of him earlier, 'cause I didn't know if he was an enemy or not..."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: August 22, 2012, 02:32:55 am »

Tarran paused for a moment, continuing to meet Jake's stare. "But he's staring at me, not you. And he's staring like his life is at stake even before I've done anything."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: August 22, 2012, 02:42:57 am »

Dom shrugged. "Well... you're Boss. Maybe he thinks you're worse than I am? You could always try telling him different," she suggested.
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 602