Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526036 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Taric's soul is leaving his body and possessing Tarran everyone run

Edit: That line is -perfect- with the word suggestively.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Considering he was talking to a woman suggestively with the line 'you don't have to do it alone, that's what friends are for' I'm pretty sure he meant it that way. XD
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Tarran Smith, Taric Sizier, Dominique Wakeman

"So, guys, there's this hallway down here." Tarran said, pointing west. "Anybody want to explore this one? Only with less splitting up this time?"
"Taric. Dude. It's rude to stare. Don't make me headbutt you, because I'll do it." Warning delivered, Dom looked for a safe place to drag James and hide him from the Immortals. At least until he woke up. While doing that, she responded to Tarran. "Maybe, boss. Just help me find a place to stash this guy and we can get going."
Quote from: Not Taric
Make mocking faces when Dominique turns her back. Bide time until opportunity for injection of scathing remark presents itself. Follow Tarran and Dom to make sure they don't leave again.

Oh, and maybe ask what they want to do with that guy.

Tarran's plan to move ahead without splitting up is met with limited enthusiasm. Limited from Dom because that means that she's going to have to help carry James, limited from Taric because he's still petulant about being left behind earlier, and unsurprisingly limited from James because he is still quite comatose. Still, Dom agrees to help Tarran carry James and Taric keeps his rifle up, taking a half-point position while Tarran and Dom are occupied with James' body.
    [James Passive Kinetics 5+1, Unusually Light] [Dom Strength 5+2+1 + Tarran Strength 3+1 = 12/6] Dominique, despite being smaller than Tarran, lugs James' ankles up with a casual ease that suggests that she could have carried him even without Tarran's help. Tarran doesn't quite manage that level of graceful force, straining and grunting a great deal more as he lugs James' front half off the ground. The carry is awkward and fully occupies the hands of both bearers, but it is solid.

The lopsided group makes for a very unusual procession as they shuffle west; Tarran walking backwards, Dom Struggling to not run Tarran over with Jame's body, and Taric turning the corridor a very distinct shade of green with his constantly sweeping flashlight/rifle. [Luck 3] [Universally Failed roll not Shown] Aside from the straining of James' bearers and footsteps, everything seems quiet.
     A few long minutes of painfully slow travel bring a split in the corridor into view, a v-junction that leads further north-west and south-west. The point of the V where the corridor splits is blunted, flattened to present the group with a smooth black panel as wide as Tarran's outstretched arms and running from ceiling to floor. Logic would suggest that it's a simple screen, now unpowered like the majority of the things on this floor. [Taric Int 4+1] It could probably be jury rigged to run for a couple minutes off of a standard power cell, but there might not be much point. Screens like this would usually be strictly non-interactive conduits for announcements, aesthetics, or advertisement
    Regardless, there was still the choice of which split to take. [Observation 3, 4, 4] Dominique and Taric detect a slight odor from the norther corridor, vaguely metallic and very faint.

"Hey," Taric says suddenly, interrupting Dom and Tarran's breather, "what was I supposed to do with Jake?"

---

Ashley Fey

Side of caution, Emergency brake, then work on overiding external controll before releasing the break

You take a deep breath and prepare to jump into the elevator. You're a good tech, and you're going with the more cautious of your options, but you still have to hope that there isn't a variable in play you haven't accounted for. [Dex 5] You leap into the elevator with astonishing speed, locating and engaging the emergency brakes in under two seconds.
   The elevator rattles in the shaft as the heat resistant fibramic stops slide out of the elevator and slam into the walls, grounding the carriage and effectively jamming this rail of the elevator system. Short of enough force to destroy the elevator itself, or the specialized system you're hoping to find, this carriage isn't going anywhere.
    You dust off your hands in satisfaction and start prying off the elevator's access panel. [Mech 5+1] Disabling the exterior control overrides on the elevator is staggeringly easy, hardly anything more than popping out one of the IDS chips and patching the circuit back so it thinks things are running smooth. The trouble is that while you can stop an exterior source from sending signals to the elevator, you don't think you can stop the elevator from sending signals out -at least not without cutting its contacts with the rails- and those outgoing signals are going to make you stand out like maintenance workers in council meeting.
    [Luck 3] The good news is that the emergency brake can be disengaged fairly easily, the bad news is that it sucks down power, and unless you run a line in from the outside, that power is going to have to come from cells. One cell to release each of the four brakes.

---

James Evan

James attempted to shoot the trooper, and if that didn't work he would drive his fist into the trooper's face.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

With the rifle already conveniently in your hands, you point it at the trooper and pull the trigger. [Still Jammed] Whatever went wrong when the trooper attempted to fire is still wrong, making the rifle little better than a glorified club. You throw the weapon aside in disgust and throw a heavy punch at the trooper instead. [Melee 4 Vs Dodge 4] The trooper blocks, and the punch connects with the soldier's armored forearm instead of his squishy head.

The thug, meanwhile, [will 4] starts to pull himself together. He's still hurt, but he's not crying and crawling anymore. His fear being replaced by blind, stupid, anger. (Status condition reduced)

Blight drops her aim south of the Trooper's chest, far south, and fires. [Quickshot 2-2]  The position She is in isn't too great to shoot from, and taking Her aim off the center of mass didn't help any. The bullet misses by a mile, squashing harmlessly against the far wall.

The trooper lashes out for James' left wrist with his free hand, [Melee 1] the action overbalancing him long enough for James to [Melee 4+1 Vs Dodge 3] [Brawl 4] drive a knee into his solar plexus. (-6 armor, -13 health)

---

Turn Recap
Taric is receiving missions from god x4
James is master of the flying knee
Tarran is grunting in a masculine way
Dominique is a female Hoss
Ash is a genius mechanic

Jordan is Waiting
Harry is resting

Other Events
Tarran Will be encumbered as soon as the gravity goes back to earth normal

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Enemies (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Considering he was talking to a woman suggestively with the line 'you don't have to do it alone, that's what friends are for' I'm pretty sure he meant it that way. XD

Yeah, but when the "it" of "you don't have to do it alone" is a comatose guy.... It gets a little weird.  I mean, just replace the pronoun with the actual noun and that sentence starts getting into very  :o territory.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Dom blinked at Taric. "Did you just leave him behind? God damn it, Taric. He was like our only insider here. Go get him!" With an irritated sigh, she turned back to Tarran. "Anyway... which way you wanna go, boss? Something smells metallic up to the north, maybe blood, if that helps any."

(:P, Draignean. Just :P.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

2 cells from me 1 each from my squadies
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

You are aware that when people write that it's usually used to denote innuendo, right? I'm pretty sure you didn't mean it like that, 'cuz that would kind of be out of the blue and strange in context...
Oh come on, Tarran likes Dom but he's nowhere near feeling romantic at this current time.

Taric's soul is leaving his body and possessing Tarran everyone run
Nah, he wouldn't dare: He could never tolerate the dual wielding friendly fires.

Nah, it's not my style.

"Well, I guess we could go north a little and leave James here s-Wait, you guys found someone and left him alone? Dammit, guys, somebody on this team has got to know when to not leave people behind!" Tarran fumed, complaining at his teammates and at himself.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Normally I would tease you here about 'Tarran likes Dom' but I'm kind of hoping Taric will do it and actually, y'know, post something. :C)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think Taric has given up on this RTD, frankly. He hasn't even so posted a "I don't know what to do" for quite a while. :-\
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Yeah, I know. I'd hate to see him get killed off for inactivity, but it seems to me like he doesn't do forum games/RTDs much any more in favor of MapTools-type games. :-\

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

James took his pistol and shot the trooper in the face. Because in fact, guns are usually better at this than fists.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh come on, Tarran likes Dom but he's nowhere near feeling romantic at this current time.

I didn't say that it made sense, I'm just saying that's what suggestively and its variants are usually used to mean. It's the difference between,

"Would you like to come in and have some of my cake? It's warm and moist," she said, /the suggestion plain in her voice/beckoning suggestively/etc.
and
"Would you like to come in and have some of my cake? It's warm and moist," she said, offering him a piece of cake.

Also,
"Tarran likes Dom"
Out of context meanings. They are legion.

---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tarran Smith, Dominique Wakeman, Taric Sizier

"Well, I guess we could go north a little and leave James here s-Wait, you guys found someone and left him alone? Dammit, guys, somebody on this team has got to know when to not leave people behind!" Tarran fumed, complaining at his teammates and at himself.
Dom blinked at Taric. "Did you just leave him behind? God damn it, Taric. He was like our only insider here. Go get him!" With an irritated sigh, she turned back to Tarran. "Anyway... which way you wanna go, boss? Something smells metallic up to the north, maybe blood, if that helps any."
Quote from: Still not Taric
Be indignant when people growl at me, insist that it’s their own fault.

Dom blinked at Taric. "Did you just leave him behind? God damn it, Taric. He was like our only insider here. Go get him!"
    "Hey, you left first. How was I supposed to know what you wanted to do with the guy? I'm not psychic." Taric paused there for a moment, frowning. "Well, I am, but that's beside the point," he said, waving a hand dismissively.
     Tarran had almost screened Dom and Taric’s bickering out while he decided which fork to take. This was important, and he wasn’t about to miss a detail because of whatever triviality they’d managed to dig up this time. "Well, I guess we could go north a little and leave James here s-“ He stopped midsentence as the important part of Dom and Taric’s conversation got through to him.  “Wait, you guys found someone and left him alone? Dammit, guys, somebody on this team has got to know when to not leave people behind!"  Tarran exhaled a long breath, pinching the bridge of his nose as he fumed. ”Taric, go back and get him. It would be good to have a long chat with someone who isn’t crazy or trying to kill us.”
    ”Hey, why can’t Dominique go get him?” Taric asked indignantly. "It’s her fault too.”
      [Diplomacy 3+1] ”Because Dominique can see in the dark, while you require the large and very, very noticeable light. If there is some horrible thing down there that wants to kill us -and let’s be honest here, when is there not- I don’t want to have a bright green beacon showing it exactly where we are. Ok?” And, Tarran added mentally, because Dominique is less batshit insane than you are.
      Taric struggled to find a suitable counterargument to that, but failed. ”Fine, you guys have fun while I have a long, boring walk shepherding what’s-his-face back here.” Taric muttered something else unintelligible (and probably mutinous) under his breath as he finished, but he turned and starting walking back the way they'd come, his green light bobbing back and forth in a decidedly frustrated way.
    Tarran looked at Taric’s retreating silhouette for a few seconds, then shook his head. ”I’m pretty sure he just told us to have fun sweeping the darkened ends of a facility that hell used as its own personal sewer.”
    ”Yep, it’s a frickin’ funhouse in here," Dominique agreed, checking the cylinders on her Abassy. "Anyway... which way you wanna go, boss? Something smells metallic up to the north, maybe blood, if that helps any."
     Tarran shrugged. Dominique’s nose beat using a coinflip to decide which way to go. ”North it is.”

Tarran and Dominique started north as soon as Dom finished dragging James’ body to rest against the unpowered wallscreen and propped him into what was, hopefully, a comfortable position. It didn’t seem likely that he’d wake up, but he still deserved slightly better treatment than a sack of scrap. 
    The north-east hallway was much like any of the other pre-fab hallway’s that strung this place together; simple and, at least to the psychic touch, completely featureless metal. [Dominique Observation 6] Almost featureless anyway, Dominique’s experienced eyes could pick out the hairline seam of a maintenance hatch in the righthand wall. 
    The corridor continued to be featureless metal in great profusion and abundance for about forty more yards, and then the doors came into view. There were three, one on each of the side walls, and one that terminated the hall. The side doors had security locks and heavy plates set above their frames with the words “Authorized personnel only” incised into the metal. The door that ended the hallway was mostly non-existent. Blast scars radiated away from the jagged hole where the door used to be, and small bits and pieces of twisted and partially melted metal littered the area just in front of the door. [Intuition 4] The lack of any large pieces of door, however, strongly suggests that the charges were placed on the outside by someone trying to get in.
    The metallic smell was stronger here, [Passive kinetics 4+1, 3+1] and both Dominique and Tarran could see movement in the darkness behind the former door- low movement, not more than knee high.

---

Ashley Fey

2 cells from me 1 each from my squadies

You whistle Jordan and Harry over as you start clamping the first two energy cells into place. It’s no more difficult than jacking a cell into anything else, and you have both of your cells in place before Jordan’s head peeks into the elevator.
    ”We leaving?”  Jordan asks, his voice a mix of relief and apprehension.
    ”We are indeed. Get Harry, then get in here and lend me a cell.”
    ”Already here,” Harry says from somewhere behind Jordan, waiting as the smaller man squeezed into the elevator. ”You need anything from me?”
    ”Another cell, and you in here as well. We’re going down together.”
    Jordan raises an eyebrow at you as soon as he finishes pulling himself inside. ”You know, that could be taken in a decidedly unpleasant way. Here,” he added, tossing one of his cells to you.   
     You lock the third cell in while Harry struggles through the jimmied elevator doors. It hadn’t been that much of a problem for you or Jordan, but Harry had more than a hundred pounds and more than a couple inches of shoulder on either of you.  [Harry Str 4+1] The doors squeak back another inch or so into the walls as Harry flexes his way through. ”Damn, if I’d known we were going to be doing so much blasted squeezing I would have picked a smaller body,” Harry grunted as he finally popped through the elevator doors and hands his own energy cell to you.
      ”Might have been a good idea, but think of how entertaining it is for us to watch the big man squirm through little holes. Do your really want to take that away from us?” Jordan quips while you lock the final cell into place.
       ”Knock it off,” you interject before Harry could open his mouth to reply. ”Time to work.” You punctuate that statement by pounding the brake release.
     The elevator whines horribly as the brakes start to pull back, one part disused electronics, one part slightly warped metal being forced back into position. The whining noise goes on for twenty seconds as the locking bars retract agonizingly slowly. They were meant to snap out quickly, not be brought back in quickly, or quietly for that matter.
     ”So, where are we headed?” Harry asks when the wailing finally ceases, his thumb poised to punch a destination.
   That… is a really good question. The Voice will know where you’re going the instant you press a button, and you don’t actually know what is on any of these floors. There are eight buttons for floors on the elevator, starting at two and descending down to nine. The only difference between the buttons, besides the numbering, is a red emergency triangle set beside floor five.

---

James Evans

James took his pistol and shot the trooper in the face. Because in fact, guns are usually better at this than fists.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Having failed her last attempt at trick shooting, Blight simply unloads into the Trooper's center of mass. [Quickshot 4+1] Striking the troopers heavily damaged breastplate solidly and caving in a section of the armor. (Trooper Armor -5 Hp -7)

The trooper, recovering from James' knee colliding with his stomach, aims his pistol carelessly in James' general direction and fires. [Quickshot 5+1+1] [Confirm Critical 5 Vs James 6, Confirm Failed] The pistol, despite the hurry in which it was aimed, ends up lining up with James' head. James, not wanting his brain ventilated, throws himself to the side. (-17 Hp) The bullet doesn't miss, James started dodging too late for that, but he dodged far enough that it merely kisses along the side of his skull instead of perforating it.

James takes a retaliatory shot at the Trooper's own head, [Quickshot 4+1-2] the bullet ripping through the man's helmet. (21x2 = 42 damage, Trooper -4 armor, Hp -38] [Trooper Soak 5] The trooper, despite blood dripping through the new hole in his helmet, staggers but remains standing. He's a tough bastard, you'll give him that.
   Of course, he's part of your own head, so calling him tough seems a bit boastful.

---

Turn Recap
Taric is receiving missions from god x5
James is shooting people masterfully, at least for having a dex of 0.
Tarran is taking long walks
Dominique is taking long walks
Ash has commandeered an elevator

Jordan is in an elevator
Harry wanna pressa buttun!

Other Events
Tarran Will be encumbered as soon as the gravity goes back to earth normal

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Enemies (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 06:49:42 pm by Draignean »
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This one was done in breaks when I wasn't working on CoM, so CoM's style bled in a little.

Ahra, I apologize for the delay, I'll have those PMs finalized and sent to you by the end of today.

Also, if Powder doesn't post last, I'll run at least his combat separately. Should speed things up a little.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Dom, get ready." Tarran whispered, readying his Jormungandr and kneeling.

"Come on out, put your hands in the air. We will shoot at any sign of hostility, so don't even try it!" Tarran said calmly and firmly... as he started shuffling backwards slightly.
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 602