Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526169 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Well, you could... give him CPR or something?" Dom tried hopefully, knowing that just because she was a woman she was probably going to be given that job.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

((Draignean, what are the chances that my character knows how to preform CPR, out of curiosity?))

"...I don't think CPR is used to wake people up, Dom." Tarran said, staring blankly, at Dom, arms sagging downward.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Well, my only other idea is slapping the shit out of him until he gets up," Dom said, crouching by his head. "Or I could just drag him back to Taric and see if he can get in his mind with that weird shit he does, figure out what's going on in there to keep him down." She poked James in the forehead - perhaps a little harder than necessary - to illustrate her point.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Personally, I'd say slapping the hell out of him is better than letting Taric get in his head. Just a hunch. But worse case we could always do both."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Dom thought about that for a few silent moments. "Yeah, that's why you're the boss and not me," she agreed, raising her hand.

Dom slapped James to try and awaken him!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Examine James very carefully for any and all wounds. Also, look at him in a very "Pffft, rookie" way while doing so.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

((Draignean, what are the chances that my character knows how to preform CPR, out of curiosity?))

The basics of it? Undoubtedly. Enough to actually help someone... maybe, he's your character. Depends on his past, I mean, I got my first basic FA and CPR certification when I was 14. The techniques are hardly advanced, so it wouldn't be technocracy restricted information.

Your call, I'm not going to give you a penalty or a bonus either way.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

If I can see the access to the elevator lob a grenade into it now that james is not there
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I can see the access to the elevator lob a grenade into it now that james is not there

You can't see it, plus the grenade has ferric components, the active rails would play merry hell with it.

Of course it would also play merry hell with them when it went boom, but that's another story.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

okay I wanna play merry hell with the rails, will it cause plummeting related to doom?
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not unless you get a really great roll for the explosion. It might do nothing, it might stop the elevator again temporarily, or it might cause the elevator to drop. (Which would cause the emergency brakes to be deployed, effectively nullifying that elevator.))
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Throw a grenade into the shaft hoping for the best

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

((Was gone for a week))
James waited, and if the trooper got close he'd try to disarm him.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tarran Smith

Examine James very carefully for any and all wounds. Also, look at him in a very "Pffft, rookie" way while doing so.

You kneel beside James' sleeping body, having just concluded on enlightening conversation with Dom an how not to use CPR. James is in poor shape, but you don't see the large dent in the noggin that you would expect to see in a case like this. Still, you need to take stock of his injuries, if only to see if he's bad enough to need Dom's brutal approach to medicine. [int 6]
    You methodically note the masses of bruises and electrical burns on his arms, legacies of his fight against security, and start peeling off his slightly battered armor to get a look at his trunk. There are a few new bloody grazes, undoubtedly from the firefight in the hallway when everyone had just been raining lead and iron, but nothing else leaps out at you. He's bruised and scraped, probably uncomfortable, but no worse than you were a few minutes ago.
   You move your hands up to check his neck carefully, probing for the swelling or heat that might explain James' prolonged unconsciousness- and his occasional semi-sane rantings. You find nothing of the sort, which seems both fortunate and unfortunate at the same time. You're just about to finish your inspection and declare his unconsciousness force majeure when you notice something on his neck, a tiny knot of scar tissue hidden under James' hair, a needle mark from repetitive injections of... something.
   It doesn't explain a lot about his current condition, but it does a lot to back up his "there's something in my brain" argument.

Jordan looks at you in a slightly impressed way, one of his eyebrows raised in surprise. "You actually looked like you knew what you were doing there for a second. You a nurse back in the civvie life?"
   "Terrorist, actually," you reply neutrally. "You examined him earlier, what did you make of this?" You say, holding back James' hair so Jordan can see the needle mark.
    Jordan's brow furrows and he leans forwards, frowning. "Missed it, I was looking for more active trauma... It's a needle mark, probably a ziptip to get through the skull, and that scar isn't old." He leans forwards further and squints. "It's been treated, judging by the way its pulling on the skin around it I'd say it was a fairly dirty job, and not more than two weeks ago." 

(Next medical roll on James is at +7 base, thanks to your thorough investigation.)

---

Ashley Fey

Throw a grenade into the shaft hoping for the best

You snag a grenade from Jordan as he goes to investigate James with Smith and Dominique, you're not done with this fight, not yet. You peer down into the shadows of the shaft and smile, arming the grenade and sending it speeding down to meet the elevator with one hand. The grenade is claimed by the darkness swiftly, but you watch in anticipation for the bright ball of flame.
   [Luck 2] [Explosion Force 4 Vs Rail integrity 4+2, 3+2, 5+2] The grenade falls too slowly to catch up to the elevator, despite your helping throw, and it explodes in the air above the carriage. The shaft rings with the tone of the explosion, but when the smoke clears the running lights are still active on all three of the working rails.
   The only thing you might have hurt is your pride.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom slapped James to try and awaken him!

After Tarran examines James he starts talking with Jordan, showing him a scar on James' head that's apparently a needle mark of some kind. Jordan says it's fairly fresh, but you honestly don't care about that. It didn't kill him then, it's probably not killing him now. After all, what kind of a jackass would inject a person with something that would make them get all broken two weeks later? It didn't make sense, at least not to you. James' spine wasn't broken, you've seen enough accidents in maintenance to know that, so he just needs to wake up. You've got a surefire way to wake people up.
   [Str 1] You lean over to slap James back into the land of the living, but you catch your foot on Jordan's crouching knee and, instead of slapping James, you end up sprawling on top of his partially stripped body. You've been in less awkward positions.
    "Is slipping beauty going to give sleeping beauty a kiss?" Jordan asks with somewhat caustic humor, rubbing his knee from where you kicked it.

---

Taric Sizier

Quote from: The beginning and the ending
Retrace Dom's steps out of here.

You sweep your rifle over the odd little room you've climbed into, letting the bright green light illuminate the surprisingly large display of cased objects. It's interesting, in a go-to-the-museum-when-you're-six kind of way, but the only thing that catches your eye is an ornate stone carving of what appears to be an orgy. You'll have all the time in the world to admire classical art later, and It probably won't help you find the others, still, you check it carefully just to be sure.
   The main door of the room is much more promising, though less interesting, than the art piece. It's still slightly ajar from whoever passed through here last, and you're almost certain that these doors were closed before. You push the door back open and close it behind you, casting your light about the corridor outside for any trace of Dom. [intuition 5+2] She's not here, but you didn't exactly expect her to be. She's probably didn't duck into any of the other rooms either, she might be somewhat distractable when she's bored, but she wouldn't start walking into random rooms when she had a mission in mind.
   You squeeze carefully out the broken door at the end of the corridor, keeping careful to not jog the Jorm on your way through. The modifications you made were speed work, in the dark. You may be good, but you have no desire to accidentally blow your leg off with a miscalibrated laser pulse. Faint golden light, so faint that you can only barely tell its there, greets you as you pop yourself the rest of the way out of the door. You jog over to the T-junction of the corridor, peering carefully left into the source of the light.
  The lightstand is lying on its side some ways down the hall, but it still glows with a steady radiance. Where there is light, you'll find the rest of the group, and you've found light.

---

James Evan

James waited, and if the trooper got close he'd try to disarm him.
Spoiler:  Initiative (click to show/hide)

The trooper charges into the cell with surprising speed, catching you off guard as he fires a round into the room. A round that's aimed at you. [Quickshot 1] [Luck 3] (Jammed) You're looking down the long barrel of the rifle when it clicks in an unfortunate sounding way. The trooper stares at you in disbelief, then you pull your own trigger.

You adjust your aim slightly in the moment before you shoot, adjusting for the elbow joint of his armor. Man couldn't use that rifle right if he could only use the one arm. [Marksman 1] [Luck 5] Your own trigger sticks, and for a moment you think that you're caught in one of those moments where nothing works, then it clicks down the rest of the way. [Marksman 4+1-2] The bullet hits the imaginary technocrat in the arm, [Technocrat Soak 3] and he fumbles the rifle as pain flashes down his arm. You don't think you did enough damage to prevent him from grabbing the rifle right back up, but it's out of his hands now. (Technocrat armor -10, HP -4)

Blight, still on all fours from crawling in, takes advantage of the opportunity and kicks the rifle. [Str 3] Weakly sending it another few feet away from the Technocrat.

---

Turn Recap
Taric is receiving missions from god x2
James is shooting people in the arm, like a boss.
Tarran is being decent at medicine
Dominique ish snuggling coma patients
Ash is making fireworks

Jordan is taking a Dominique to the knee
Harry is resting

Other Events
Tarran Will be encumbered as soon as the gravity goes back to earth normal
Tarran is Tired

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Enemies (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 07:49:46 pm by Draignean »
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, Draignean, wasn't there a T-juncture near the elevators that leads to an unexplored section of this level?

"Dom, what are you doing?"
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 602