Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526224 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

It's ORS. Anyway, searching, yes I think they do. But my character was depressed while it was happening, so he likely does not know about the ORSes.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Perhaps you could, y'know, ask if they have some? Anything to get you back on your feet faster.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's obviously a problem with that.

But my character was depressed while it was happening, so he likely does not know about the ORSes.
Emphasis on this. My character likely does not even know ORSes exist, let alone that Jordan has any. I would be blatantly breaking roleplaying.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:15:58 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Well... Has anyone ever said Jordan is a medic around Smith? If so, it wouldn't be out of character for him to ask if the dude could patch him up. But that requires some digging and my internet's being slow right now, so... >.>;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My character has already patched his wounds up himself if I recall correctly. Poorly, but he did, back when he was depressed. So it makes my character asking for patching up further more unlikely than you think.

Plus, the current situation isn't exactly the perfect situation for asking for healing. Who knows, somebody could come up with an idea at any time, and wasting time would risk James' life. Or maybe Jordan is busy thinking and my character doesn't want to bother him in that case.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

There's obviously a problem with that.

But my character was depressed while it was happening, so he likely does not know about the ORSes.
Emphasis on this. My character likely does not even know ORSes exist

What.

Your party has had them on several separate occasions, you've used them several times, you were in the room while they were used to save Trol's life, you could buy them at the signifer's, they were a major medical breakthrough, and you're fully cognizant that even Independent Medics (the worst supplied chop-docs there are) occasionally carry the stuff.

It's okay if you don't want to ask for it, but I'm pretty certain Tarran Smith hasn't been living under a rock.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you've used them several times,
I don't recall using them. Really. Mind posting a link?

you were in the room while they were used to save Trol's life,
Well, was my character paying full attention? That's the important part.

you could buy them at the signifer's
Do you think that someone would remember everything on a menu? Especially when they're not interested? I certainly don't.

they were a major medical breakthrough
Hm, fair point. But still, my character is not even nearly a doctor.

and you're fully cognizant that even Independent Medics (the worst supplied chop-docs there are) occasionally carry the stuff.
However, I don't think you've ever told me this before now, have you?

It's okay if you don't want to ask for it, but I'm pretty certain Tarran Smith hasn't been living under a rock.
Wow, why are you getting all upset?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:26:30 am by Tarran »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

He's getting upset because you are refusing user friendly, life saving treatment. It's basically a bar of bacteria that you press on your wounds and it dissolves and creates new tissue to heal them. You've definately used them, and if not you, then someone around you so Tarran definately should know they exist. It like the only medical treatment that brainless grunts can use safely and yet effectively because they don't DO anything.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, why are you getting all upset?

I ain't upset, I'm confused and trying to help, but I'm not upset. Assume my mood to be confused dog until otherwise stated, any other emotion you sense is my inability to type a coherent thought past midnight.
    you were in the room while they were used to save Trol's life,

I can't imagine you were averting your gaze, particularly not when Dom nearly got wiped in the Shiren fight and you were practically carrying her while she administered them to herself.

Do you think that someone would remember everything on a menu? Especially when they're not interested? I certainly don't.

If I'm going to Denny's, no. If I'm picking through gear that's going to help me survive a rebellion, I'm memorizing the menu.

That's all fine and well, but my character isn't exactly a doctor.

I'm not a doctor either but I've heard of anti-biotics, organ replacement surgery, vaccinations, lobotomies, etc. We're not talking a specialized method of performing a treatment, like micro-bubble dispersed treatment, we're talking about a major medical function.

and you're fully cognizant that even Independent Medics (the worst supplied chop-docs there are) occasionally carry the stuff.
However, I don't think you've ever told me this yet, have you?

The first pack of ORS you ever pulled was off the body of a Independent medic.

He's getting upset because you are refusing user friendly, life saving treatment. It's basically a bar of bacteria that you press on your wounds and it dissolves and creates new tissue to heal them. You've definately used them, and if not you, then someone around you so Tarran definately should know they exist. It like the only medical treatment that brainless grunts can use safely and yet effectively because they don't DO anything.

Woah there one ear, it's his character. I'm not going to railroad him, and I'm not upset, it's one a.m here and I've been inking government hoops all day. I want him to have every choice available, after he's made his decision then it's good. (A long as you don't start that teabagging crap up, that made me frustrated.)

I save my upset points for places that are not the internet.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:47:16 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Ok, sorry.

Micro-whatnow?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's getting upset because you are refusing user friendly, life saving treatment.
I'm not sure it's lifesaving if I'm not dying.

And no, I'm not specifically refusing them, I'm refusing potentially breaking roleplaying in my eyes. The refusing of the ORSes is only because I (was?) think(ing?) they're directly related to roleplay breaking.

You've definately used them,
As I mentioned in my last post, I don't recall using them.

then someone around you so Tarran definately should know they exist.

@Draignean, you might want to re-read my post, I edited it somewhat.

I can't imagine you were averting your gaze, particularly not when Dom nearly got wiped in the Shiren fight and you were practically carrying her while she administered them to herself.
Did I actively watch her regenerate until she stopped regenerating? If someone was running down a road, and you stop paying attention for several minutes, how do you know that they didn't get in and use a car then get out when you weren't watching? Similarly, how does my character not know if she didn't use something else?

If I'm going to Denny's, no. If I'm picking through gear that's going to help me survive a rebellion, I'm memorizing the menu.
Well, good for you then. Me, (and to an extension my avatar because he's pretty decently emotionally related to me) I can't remember crap in a list unless I've seen it several times over several different visits. I don't think I've visited the place many times.

The first pack of ORS you ever pulled was off the body of a Independent medic.
That's unrelated. You're telling me what I pulled them off of, if I did. I'm asking if you've told me that I've pulled them off of anything before this day.

Also a new question: Did I know what they were when I picked them up, and how long after I picked them up did it take for me to see one in action?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 01:14:13 am by Tarran »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Micro-whatnow?

Micro-bubbles, a recent advance in modern medicine that uses ultrasound to induce cavitation of bubbles in the patient's bloodstream to allow a drug to readily enter the body.

Here's a link if you're interested in the technical aspects.

It's not where I learned about it, but I subscribe to a couple medical and scientific journals, and I can't float you the links to those without you too having a subscription. Sorry.

Did I actively watch her regenerate until she stopped regenerating? If someone was running down a road, and you stop paying attention for several minutes, how do you know that they didn't get in and use a car then get out when you weren't watching? Similarly, how does my character not know if she didn't use something else?

...You doctored her until she could stand. She took the ORS while you were still helping her to the elevator, you then proceeded up the elevator with her. She obviously recovered enough health to stand on her own, even enough to beat the living shit out of the poor elevator doors. She did not run away, hide in a corner, doctor her wounds, and then come back before you realized she was gone.

And the answer to your jogging question, because no sane person jogs to their car, drives a hundred feet, and then gets out of the car and starts jogging again.

Horses, not Zebras.

That's unrelated. You're telling me what I pulled them off of, if I did. I'm asking if you've told me that I've pulled them off of anything.

Yes, the independent Deadeye who bargained his life in exchange for telling you where to get and how to use the ORS said to pull the case off of the medic. You were not the one who personally took the box off the medic, but again, you probably didn't suffer a sudden and temporary cessation of the senses when the event occurred.

Did I know what they were when I picked them up, and how long after I picked them up did it take for me to see one in action?

You were told what they were before they were picked up, and they were used fifteen seconds after they were picked up. With effects that cured Trol from near death, and ejected several embedded rounds from the Deadeye.

---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And the answer to your jogging question, because no sane person jogs to their car, drives a hundred feet, and then gets out of the car and starts jogging again.
Who said it was their car? ;)

And it could be possible that it's a holiday in some remote part of the world to run, get in your car, abandon it, then continue running. You never know~

Yes, the independent Deadeye who bargained his life in exchange for telling you where to get and how to use the ORS said to pull the case off of the medic. You were not the one who personally took the box off the medic, but again, you probably didn't suffer a sudden and temporary cessation of the senses when the event occurred.
I'm sorry, what? I blanked out while reading your text.

:P

...Anyway, if you say so. I personally don't remember it, this RTD has been going on for forever and I've definitely forgotten things.

Anywho, I don't think I'll ask for it this turn anyways. I don't really think I need it immediately, as far as I can tell we're going to be here for quite a while, so regening gives me an excuse to not think up actions. :P

I could use it to jump down and try to save James, yes, but the risk of rolling a 1 is still there. With armor that's likely literally full of holes, and potentially 60 damage, I still think it's too dangerous. And past that, my character likely isn't brave enough at the moment to risk the jump anyway.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Anyway, if you say so. I personally don't remember it, this RTD has been going on for forever and I've definitely forgotten things.

No problem man, that's what you've got me for. A Draignean Never Forgets.

Who said it was their car? ;)

And it could be possible that it's a holiday in some remote part of the world to run, get in your car, abandon it, then continue running. You never know~

Well, thumb appreciation day was last month, and public sleeping day was the month before that, so I suppose it's entirely possible that Twilight Zone Jogging day is coming up. :D
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No problem man, that's what you've got me for. A Draignean Never Forgets.
Except when it comes to waiting lists if I recall correctly. :P
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 602