Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526290 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Oh, I didn't see the post at the bottom of my Updated Topics. Whoops.

"I don't know! I'm not a mechanic, I'm not someone who frequently preforms feats similar to breaking down metal doors often--Dom is, I'm not a man who climbs tall cliffs, I'm just a self trained sniper! Unless you have a target, I cannot help."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I'm working on something that might get me down there, or maybe let me get James back if I can master controlling this. Just gimme a minute," Dom said.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Shall I interpret your (your = Wolf and Tarran) lack of concrete actions to mean that you wish to wait? I'll assume so if you don't respond by tomorrow afternoonish.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What lack of a concrete action?

Regen because honestly my character is not a scientist or engineer and neither am I and I still don't have much health to troll Immortals.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What lack of a concrete action?

Regen because honestly my character is not a scientist or engineer and neither am I and I still don't have much health to troll Immortals.

That lack of a concrete action you phulish phule!
I have a casserole in the oven, I'm late to have my eyebrows drycleaned, my good labcoat is marinating, I'm not just making excuses!

Or, in other words, ME BRAIN MY DAMAGE. Sorry, been running around like a headless chicken with stupid life stuff, I've really only been giving the forums half an eyeball. My D-22 time has recently been spent staring at the wiki formatting Serious gave me in equal parts wonder and dafuq. I think I might have a working model out tomorrow or the day after, but visual formatting is not my strong suit.

I now understand the allure of being a vampire though. It's not the predator super-killer thing, or the dominating mind tricks, it's the ability to play pong for six centuries straight just because you felt the need.

Going to attempt to run a turn. If I collapse into my keyboard and perish of a fatal case of QWERTY rash, It's your fault.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tarran Smith
"Wait, did... you just say 'grenade'? As in, throwing a grenade into the elevator while James is still in there? Are you serious?"

You rest as much as you can while Dom considers the jump, bouncing up on her heels and then falling back down with perfectly mundane speed. [Stam 2] (6+3 /5 2 HP regenerated) The only useful thing you can do while you wait is attempt to convince Ashley to not turn James into red stain, though you're not exactly sure how much you actually gain from the argument. If you could get her down there then you certainly wouldn't be up here, twiddling you thumbs pointlessly.
    Still, maybe she won't blast him if she has the chance. It's hard to believe someone would be that cold to James, poor bastard had a streak of bad luck that made your fiasco in New Chicago look like a walk in the park.

---

Ashley Fey

"You find a way to get me where he is going and I will stop them I swear, can you do that?"

Tarran's attachment to his man was commendable, though it could have been better used at an earlier time. You, however, were not sent here to save the life of one man, you were sent to save the lives of everyone in the "Father's" path. James would be saved if possible, the less blood on the ground the better, but there were times when a man's death could do more service than his life. [Stam 3] (+1 Charge)
   Still, it wasn't time to make that choice, soon, but not now.  Rest while there was time, kill when there was need, and fight while there was still one breath left.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom did some quick calculations. "All right, I'm carrying about one fifty pounds of equipment, and last I weighed I was like one ten or something... That heavy door I moved has gotta weigh more than that..." She attempted to pick herself up with her telekinetic powers, and if she was able, practiced moving herself about before risking trying to lower herself down the shaft.

You let your body relax as you attempt to pull together a more... subtle psionic effort than you have ever attempted before. A bit of roughness was expected when you were attempting to kill someone, now it was a hazard you could ill afford. [A. Kinetics 2+1-2]  (-20 stamina) You grasp at the tenuous shadow memories that the orientation left you with, assembling a controlled sheath of force around yourself with clumsiness that was only saved from disaster by raw skill.
    The bonds you created are too tight, [Soak 5+1] and though your prodigious endurance prevents it from become a health problem, you're fairly certain that attempting to actually fly with this rig would have unpleasant effects on your head. Like permanent dislocation. You bounce up a little to try it, experimentally applying counter-forceto gauge the effect. As expected the bonds pull unevenly, making it impossible to let them take your weight- at least not without really hurting yourself.
     [Failed Roll Not Shown]

---

Taric Sizier

Filter though the gathered information for armoury stocks, projects in the engineering labs and anything in field storage. Along with the stocks in the level 4 storage facilities.

You screen the lists unhurriedly, using your custom indexes to pull most of the data you want. Ah, almost like being back Earth. Nobody trying to shoot you, peace and quiet but for the occasional snore from Jake, and a nice little piece to play with.
     The armory data alone is fairly massive, but considering the fact that there was a short colonel stationed here permanently, the size isn't surprising. [Int 3+1] Military stuff was never really your field of interest, but you're pretty sure he'd have quite a number of men under him, even in a facility like this one. The list of materials reflects that, body armor, field provisions, training equipment, ammunition, weapons in all shapes and sizes, and everything else needed to maintain a sizable fighting force. Of course, the military forces are dead as far as you know, which probably means the armory has been picked over by everybody who is left, but even just a tithe of this stuff would be enough to refit all of you.
    The engineering labs lists contain parts and supplies, a lot of parts and supplies. There are a couple of prototypes in the list, B.I.A., Sandstorm, Loa, and Seeker.
    The size of the field storage lists are absurd, [Int 2+2] but you're pretty sure most of it is just training equipment. Dummy armor and dummy ammunition abounds, filling several of the field storage units all by their lonesome. You recognize a few names from your earlier reports, notably the C.A.I.N.E. and A.B.L.E. objects in 74d. Oddly, the Pandora prototype mentioned in its report is missing from any of the testing field storage assigned to the project.
     The stores on level four appear to be just that, stores, that you buy things in. Not stores that you store things in. It makes sense when you think about it, these people need the same sense of acquisition as anyone else who receives a wage, but it's also disappointing. The Technocracy isn't exactly keen on selling guns to people, particularly not guns that can do a lot of damage.

---

James Evan

James backed out and closed the door (but after the Blight got out). "Right, there's noone controlling the dream anymore. Let's just bait them out already, I want to see what's beyond this room."

The faceless guy/gal is really starting to creep you out, particularly the staring thing. You back out of the room slowly, ushering your companion out and then shutting the door back behind you. It's interesting, but creepy and, as far as you can tell, irrelevant. What you need to do is get a move on, beat up some imaginary Technocrats, and snatch back your brain from... whatever.
   It's a good plan, simple and straightforwards. Not detailed, but details are for people who don't have fungus growing in their brain.
   You ponder how best to draw out the guards for a moment, [Int 2+1] opting in the end for the method of yelling really loudly. [Speech 2] You suffer from last minute performance anxiety, and your barrel chested challenge comes out a little thin and whispery. [Figment Observation 3-1, 4-1] After a long moment you're forced to admit that they probably didn't hear you.
    She looks at you with the same look of scorn that She has worn since agreeing not to kill you. [Blight Speech 1] She takes a deep breath to let out a real (wo)man's challenge, when she apparently attempts to inhale and sneeze at the same time. The result is a coughing splutter that takes several seconds to resolve and sounds about as menacing as a gerbil with a headcold.
     "Not a word," She says between ragged coughs. "Not. A. Word."
    Some days you're just born to lose, you and all of your multiple personalities.

----

Turn Recap
Taric searching
James has a failtasm
Tarran is Recuperating x2
Dominique is attempting not to go all to pieces
Ash is resting

Jordan is resting
Harry is resting

Other Events
The elevator is stopped, it will resume moving next turn
Tarran Will be encumbered as soon as the gravity goes back to earth normal

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: NPC (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

poor bastard had a streak of bad luck that made your fiasco in New Chicago look like a walk in the park
Holy crap you remembered that/actually searched for that. I am moderately pleased. Good job sir. Though your mileage may vary on if I had a worse time or if James is having a worse one, considering I traveled several miles in and fell down on the floor of an old sewer network and got nothing in return.

Anyway, questions: If I were to fall down the shaft, would my Passive Kinetics activate? Would I have any special penalties to my rolls if they activate? If they do activate and I get only a 3, including bonuses, how bad would the fall hurt?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Where did the -2 come from? O.o)

Failing that, Dom decided to try something easier: first open the hatch on top of the elevator, because surely it had one, then lift James out through it and back up to here.

(40 points of Stamina: 10 for the door, 30 for James. Don't spend the latter if the former fails.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

poor bastard had a streak of bad luck that made your fiasco in New Chicago look like a walk in the park
Holy crap you remembered that

A Draignean never forgets!

Though your mileage may vary on if I had a worse time or if James is having a worse one, considering I traveled several miles in and fell down on the floor of an old sewer network and got nothing in return.

You didn't get deported, psionically tortured, have your friends killed, or have a fungus cultured in your brain. I'd say your misadventure was the lighter of the two.

(Where did the -2 come from? O.o)
-1, one shot throw. -2, bash him into a few objects. -3, marionette.

That's from the Heavy manipulation psionic. One shot throw would be hazardous to your health no matter how well you pulled it off, so I opted for the minimum difficulty necessary to do this and probably not hurt you.

Anyway, questions: If I were to fall down the shaft, would my Passive Kinetics activate? Would I have any special penalties to my rolls if they activate? If they do activate and I get only a 3, including bonuses, how bad would the fall hurt?

Actually, it's physically impossible for you to roll a three, or a two for that matter. You can roll a 1, or anything between a 4 and an 8. If you roll a one then you can count on being a bloody heap, otherwise I'll divide your fall damage by your passive kinetics roll.

Your passive kinetics would kick in, probably. Rolling a one would indicate that they did not.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does that mean you're an elephant?

Actually, it's physically impossible for you to roll a three, or a two for that matter. You can roll a 1, or anything between a 4 and an 8. If you roll a one then you can count on being a bloody heap, otherwise I'll divide your fall damage by your passive kinetics roll.

Your passive kinetics would kick in, probably. Rolling a one would indicate that they did not.
Bloody heap as in KIA? Or as in "You'll die in one shot"?

Will my body to HEAL FASTER DAMMIT.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shut the system down, go find Dom.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, it means I'm a Draignean. Do keep up.

Shut the system down, go find Dom.

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS. A miracle!!!

Bloody heap as in KIA? Or as in "You'll die in one shot"?

Well, fall damage gains 1.5 damage ranks for every level fallen, rounded down... So, with a fall distance that Dom identified as 40-60 feet the damage would be somewhere between 21 and 67. If you rolled a 4 (the lowest you could roll without a one) you'd divide by four, making it 5-17 damage. If you rolled an eight you'd take 3-8 damage.

So, assuming you don't roll a one, you'd take 3-17 damage.

And that's assuming the rails don't power back on while you're on top of the elevator, because that would hurt.

---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS. A miracle!!!
Indeed.

So, with a fall distance that Dom identified as 40-60 feet the damage would be somewhere between 21 and 67.
Okay, so jumping down and hoping not to get a 1 is not an option at my current state of health. I'll just sit back and regen.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

James sighed, stepped in, and shot at the thug, if he was there, then quickly ducked back in, sticking a foot out if anyone but the Blight came through the doorway.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Perhaps Tarran could ask Jordan if he could use one of those ORS he's carrying? Those things heal you real quick as I recall.

Edited for SPELLINK.  :P
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:55:57 pm by Zako »
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 602