Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526333 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Start getting to work sorting the inventories out...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Start getting to work sorting the inventories out...

Shall I assume you want to look for a map of some kind as well, or do you want to do that next round?

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Er, Draignean. Can you list what psychic powers we have again, either on the first page or in our statuses? ^^^; I kind of forgot what some of mine cost and whatnot. Just deduct however much stamina I would need for what I'm attempting.)

"So they went down that elevator shaft, huh? Fuck that." Dom grinned. "They ain't going nowhere." She reached out with her mind, using her heavy manipulation to try and grab the elevator and forcibly bring it back upward.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 11:57:07 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure, I can list the psionics, probably tomorrow, but that should be very useful.

10 stamina for every 150 pounds... So uh...  Lifting the cab alone would cost about 333 stamina.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure, I can list the psionics, probably tomorrow, but that should be very useful.

10 stamina for every 150 pounds... So uh...  Lifting the cab alone would cost about 333 stamina.
How is the lift operated by the way?

As in, what makes it move up and down?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Hmm. Cab's 5000 pounds, huh? Guess I'll change my action, then, and strikethrough the previous.

"So they went down that elevator shaft, huh? What's stopping us from following them?" Dom approached the open doors and looked down to see if she could safely jump down, taking into account she could try to soften her fall again with kinetics like she did during the previous base assault.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How is the lift operated by the way?

As in, what makes it move up and down?

Same principle as a Gauss rifle. The rails on each corner of the shaft are made up of electromagnetic discs, all slaved together. These discs then attract the elevator with fields of varying power, activating in a synchronous wave that will bind the elevator to it as the wave travels up or down.

The interior of the elevator is designed to exclude the magnetic field of the rails, much to the delight of people who wear ferric ornamentation or have zippers. Getting close to a naked rail while it's active, however, well... the field is meant to either slow down or haul up an object weighing between 5K and 15K pounds. Best not be wearing an ferric necklace.

Hmm. Cab's 5000 pounds, huh? Guess I'll change my action, then, and strikethrough the previous.

Thereabouts, elevators 'ain't small.

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'm also looking for a map.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

So... Uhh... does anyone have any ideas what is left for me to do that would be productive? I'm not a mechanic, so I'm unsure if I can do anything productive right now.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

You could come with me; I can probably cushion both of our falls with my kinetics (assuming the drop is long enough to even need to do that), and then we can open the hatch on top of the elevator (there probably is a maintenance hatch, anyway >.>) and rain fire on those Immortal fucks. :D

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No offense (really), but I don't trust the dice rolls of a single person with the lives of two people.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Fair enough. The only other thing I can think of for you to do is sit around and let your health regen because you're looking pretty bad. ^^^;

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No offense (really), but I don't trust the dice rolls of a single person with the lives of two people.

You'd get your own roll if the impact was bad, P.Kinetics not A.Kinetics.

So... Uhh... does anyone have any ideas what is left for me to do that would be productive? I'm not a mechanic, so I'm unsure if I can do anything productive right now.

Well, there's the second elevator, the unexplored region, and, as serious noted, a whole lot of health for you to regen.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, before doing anything stupid, I think I'll regenerate health. Because running around with ~35% HP is a bad idea. And will always be a bad idea no matter how much Draignean tries to convince me that it's a "Heroic Gambit" if I survive.

Sit around and regenerate silently. Silently enough that nobody will even notice that I'm still there.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:23:12 pm by Tarran »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, before doing anything stupid, I think I'll regenerate health. Because running around with ~35% HP is a bad idea. And will always be a bad idea no matter how much Draignean tries to convince me that it's a "Heroic Gambit" if I survive.

It is a Heroic Gambit! Most Heroic Gambits are really bad ideas, that's why we call them Heroic.
---
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 602