Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526508 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Jordan Grey

With Tarran already occupying the near corner position, Jordan [dex 4] dashes quickly across the mouth of the turnoff and sets himself up in the cover of the opposite corner. [Skirmisher Observation 2-1, 3-1, 4-1] The skirmishers, with the majority of their attention fixed on carrying James and watching the elevator doors, remain thankfully unaware of Jordan's shadow briefly flickering across the gap.

---

Ashley Fey

Catch up

[dex 3] The lightstand in corridor ahead of you hinders as much as it helps, it does keep you from running into a wall, but the light is also blinding if you look straight at it. You're still able to keep a fair pace on the crunchy-slick corridor, though you wonder briefly about just how many of the blasted ants you're killing in your pell-mell charge.
    You slow down as you reach Tarran, unlimbering your weapons and sliding in behind him as he raises that cannon of a rifle he insists on using. You're not exactly sure what he's intent on shooting, even if he manages to kill one of kidnappers with the first shot, there's still two more left to carry... Oh.
    He's not aiming at the immortals.

---

Tarran Smith

Thinking quickly, Tarran shoots at the elevator controls with his Ichneumon.

Even you aren't good enough to kill three of these bastards with a single shot, maybe when you're less wounded, but not right now. With that in mind, you focus your aim just to the left of the elevator doors. You don't have enough time to do more the waggle the crosshair over the right area and hope for the best, but you've gotten lucky before.
   [Improbable aiming 3, no effect] [Quickshot 2+1-1-2] [Ricochet 5] (3 = Immortal 3) [Ricochet 4-1] (4 = Immortal 1) [Ricochet 3-2] (No hit) [5-3] (No hit) You know the instant you pull the trigger that your angle was too sharp, and your fear is confirmed when the sabot gouges a sparking hole in the wall and ricochets instead of penetrating. The hard sabot breaks up from the angular impact, metal shards bouncing through the corridor and eliciting sharp growls of surprise and pain from the assembled immortals. (Immortal 3 Armor - 18) (Immortal 1 Armor -18)   
   You've gotten their attention, and you seemed to have scratched their armor. Not exactly your intention.

---

Harry Nakamuno

[Dex 4] Harry pounds steadily behind Ashley, catching up to her and flattening against the wall just as Tarran lets loose a thunderous blast from his ichneumon. The big man checks the magazine on his over-sized SMG as the immortal's growl from around the corridor, quietly lamenting the decision to give both grenades to Jordan.

---

Immortal Skirmishers

The immortals ignore the minor wounds inflicted by the shrapnel, stepping into the elevator as one and setting their precious burden down inside. It was done, some had been lost, and injuries had been sustained, but it had been done. The lead skirmished pressed one of the control panels in the elevator, letting the doors close slowly as the elevator's magnetic rails began to hum with energy.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom continued reading with a rather cat-like grin on her face.

[observation 5] You read quite a lot back earth, at least by maintenance worker standards, and the overblown prose of this tale of chivalric romance makes for quick work. To say that the novel was fluff would be an insult to most fluff fiction, this was the cotton candy of fluff. Terrible for you, wholly synthetic, tasting strongly of dye, and yet somehow still enjoyable.
   Jake is now very definitely snoring, it's actually kind of impressive considering that he's still mostly vertical against the wall. Man definitely used to be maintenance or a similar track, Dominique had seen career workers who rested like that, one or two who could even do it without the wall and keep their eyes open.
   Taric is cursing about something, but now that you've got something interesting it's your turn to ignore him. Turnabout is fair play and all that.
   [Stamina 3] (Stamina maxed, 9+9 / 5 = 4 health regenerated)

(You're almost done with this section, you will probably finish next turn unless you sort more papers)

---

Taric Sizier

Get the computer operational again.

You wave your hands around, trying to catch a sensor and make the system pull up an auxiliary safe menu. The trouble is that with the projectors out of focus, the sweet-spot sensors are out of focus. This, much to your chagrin, forces you to wander about the room and wave your arms about, hoping to trip a node and find a spot where you can do some work.
   [Mechanical 5+1] You nearly have to put your fingers up Jake's slumbering nose, but after a bit of gesticulatory meandering you're able to find the roving interface point.  Moving quickly before the spot moves again, you pull up a failsafe emitter series. They aren't capable of rendering three-dimensional images, but they should be enough to find the mistake you made in the beginning.
   [Mechanical 2+1] The problem, however, is not readily evident. You re-enable the security clusters you picked out, but the primary emitters continue to drift. You really wish you could have worked with more holographics than this, but those things are expensive.
   A pity you've undoubtedly voided this one's warranty.

---

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

James Evan

James snatched the pistol from the Technocrat's hands and then attempted to knock him out, whirling with a kick to the head.

[Melee 4+1, James Strength 4+1, Vs Technocrat Figment strength 2] You lunge for the freaked Technocrat's pistol, ripping it out of his hands while he's still stunned. [Melee 5 Vs Dodge 1] He splutters in surprise as you take his pistol away, though that ends quickly when you place your foot into his face. [Brawl 4+1+1+2] [Confirm Critical 3 Vs 2, critical confirmed]  His head crunches solidly under your boot, whipping backwards under the force of your kick until the popping cracks of damaged bone migrate explosively to the base of his neck. Running on momentum, the thug's body smashes back into the cell wall, then bounces boneless to the floor. One down...
    The Technocrat dealing with the hellcat swears hoarsely, throwing a haymaker into Her gut. [Figment Melee 4 Vs Blight Dodge 1-1] The heavy punch makes her fold over in pain, her bonds keeping her from dodging with anything close to effectiveness. [Brawl 3+1+2] [Confirm Critical 3 Vs 4, confirm failed.] (Blight -42 HP)
     She coughs and gasps for air, staggering backwards under the bonebreaking force of the punch in her gut. This, however, is a woman that you've blasted with a shotgun, being punched in the gut is nothing more than an inconvenience to her. The figment steps forwards, his fist raised to deliver to a crushing blow to Her head. Blight waited until he was already pulling back before she moved, [Melee 5-1+1 Vs Dodge 3] dropping to the floor and spinning one of her legs into the back of the Technocrat's knee. [Brawl 3+1+1] (Figment 1 Hp -29) His legs flew out from under him as Her kick landed, bringing the back of his head into contact with the floor with a sickening crack.
    He didn't move after that.

---

Turn Recap
Taric is fixing things... sorta
James is kicking ass
Tarran is ricocheting
Dominique reading
Ash is advanced

Jordan is running around
Harry is advanced

Other Events
Skirmishers have boarded and are leaving. Last turn to interact.
Tarran Will be encumbered as soon as the gravity goes back to earth normal

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loot (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:35:04 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Dominique finishes the stack she's on, then goes back to sorting.

(Easy actions for the last few turns. :P)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:02:40 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Oh no, James! Nooo! I missed!

...On the bright side, at least I hit the Immortals without even trying. :P That unusual upgrade was definitely worth it.

Does my character know the Immortals are in the elevator, or no?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dominique finishes the stack she's on, then goes back to sorting.

(Easy actions for the last few turns. :P)

Yeah, sorry. I've been thinking about making something special happen to you. Turns have been coming a little slowly recently, and I apologize, you shouldn't have to wait eight days for the result of a nothing action that Taricus' presence is forcing you to make.

DAMN YOU TARICUS!

Oh no, James! Nooo! I missed!

...On the bright side, at least I hit the Immortals without even trying. :P That unusual upgrade was definitely worth it.

Does my character know the Immortals are in the elevator, or no?

Yes, you're able to see, enough that you don't even take an accuracy penalty for darkness.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What are my chances of getting to the elevator in time before it closes?

What kind of effect would jamming the Artemis in the elevator door do assuming I get there?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Despite the risks of going solo, I am thinking of ditching his ass. :P He doesn't need anyone to watch his back right now anyway.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What are my chances of getting to the elevator in time before it closes?

What kind of effect would jamming the Artemis in the elevator door do assuming I get there?

You could get there on a 3 or a 4, you could get there and act on a 5 or a 6. The elevator, like most elevators, is equipped with sensors that keep it from closing on people. Thus, if you attempted to jam something between the doors, the doors would open back up.

I would take this moment to remind you that those guys are all armed for close range combat, and getting that close and personal with a rifleman build and 24 HP isn't exactly good odds.

REMEMBER THOU ART MORTAL!

(Despite the risks of going solo, I am thinking of ditching his ass. :P He doesn't need anyone to watch his back right now anyway.)

You're the best type for it, high endurance, decent weapon set, good command of psionics. Not advocating it, but it might not kill you outright.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Find those primary emmiters and get them up and running.

Hey, I was going to leave after I got the damn mapkeys and such, so SC brought this on himself!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Eh, might as well do it. Changing my action, going to strikethrough the last one.)

Seeing Taric was still absorbed with the computer and probably would be for a long time, Dominique decided to resume scouting around and went back into the tunnels, then out the other room and tried the door to see if she could open it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Urgh...

Things are looking bad for James. I don't think I can reasonably save him in time without risking my life. Sorry, Powder.

Also, speaking of James, you horribly messed up a spoiler tag. His "Initiative" spoiler swallowed up 1/3 of the turn.

Reload my Ichneumon completely. "Damn it, they're getting away! If any of you has any ideas, do it now while we still have a chance!"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, speaking of James, you horribly messed up a spoiler tag. His "Initiative" spoiler swallowed up 1/3 of the turn.

Not horribly messed, just an inverted bracket. Fix'd.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's not why I called it "Horribly messed up": I called it messed up because it omnomnommed on a fricking third of the turn. :P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wolfchild, Powder, Post damnit. I'm attempting to turn over a new leaf and I can't do it without your actions!
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wolfchild, Powder, Post damnit. I'm attempting to turn over a new leaf and I can't do it without your actions!
I think I might see what you're trying to do there. :P

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Computer prooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeems
James turns to the blight and jokes around. "So you're perfectly capable of repeatedly stabbing me, but suddenly a mind thing knocks you across the room. Whatever" He shrugs and decides to explore the area.
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 602