Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526891 times)

Cepheid

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What is this sanity you speak of?
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Friendly fire is a misnomer.
« Reply #6870 on: April 01, 2012, 09:10:42 pm »

I haven't quite caught up to the last page yet... I'm on page 60 of 138, and this is with 50 posts per page.  So yeah, I'll be at it for a while still.

Anyways, just wanted to compliment you all on a good job.  So far, you've managed to make me lose sleep for three straight days in a row because I just can't stop reading one more page.

Don't misread that.  I am getting sleep.  Just not as much as I'd LIKE TO get.  Four hours versus a standard 7-8 hours.  I can't wait until this catches up to me, because then I will be cursing the names of one of the characters in a sleep-deprived insanity stupor.
Feel free to pester me via MSN and such.  I don't bite, and I'm always looking for new and interesting people to talk to.

Also, I'm crazy.  Like a FOX!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6871 on: April 01, 2012, 10:38:01 pm »

I haven't quite caught up to the last page yet... I'm on page 60 of 138, and this is with 50 posts per page.  So yeah, I'll be at it for a while still.

Anyways, just wanted to compliment you all on a good job.  So far, you've managed to make me lose sleep for three straight days in a row because I just can't stop reading one more page.

Don't misread that.  I am getting sleep.  Just not as much as I'd LIKE TO get.  Four hours versus a standard 7-8 hours.  I can't wait until this catches up to me, because then I will be cursing the names of one of the characters in a sleep-deprived insanity stupor.

SLEEP IS THE ENEMY!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So says the Incan monkey God who visits me and tells me what to write.

This April fools will go unmarked for me, I couldn't find a way to put something in and make it funny. I had a couple of scenes in mind, one in particular featuring the classic "I've... always... loved you" death line. (Said by Tarran, to Taric.) Alas, none of the scenes in my head, dementedly hilarious though they were, seemed to be able to fit adequately into the form of text whilst preserving their humor. Still, perhaps that was best, for all our sakes.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: April 01, 2012, 11:03:40 pm »

If only you could find someone to translate his beautiful prose for you. :(
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: April 01, 2012, 11:11:10 pm »

If only you could find someone to translate his beautiful prose for you. :(

You are, +100 Deviation points to you for catching an absurdly esoteric reference! I have no idea what D-points do, but you can bet that having a hundred of them is a good thing.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: April 01, 2012, 11:20:41 pm »

Unless the points mean how socially awkward you are.

Anyway, aw, no April fools. I need to shoot my teammates more obviously.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: April 01, 2012, 11:21:48 pm »

"RAT-A-TAT-TAT!"
*bang* "Gurgh!" "AAUUUGGGGG-"
"..uh... April Fool's!"
"-GHHHHH!!!!!!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: April 01, 2012, 11:24:09 pm »

I immediately cash in my points for a Brokeback parody starring Tarran Smith and Taric Sizier. :P Because we all know Tarran just can't quit Taric.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: April 01, 2012, 11:35:27 pm »

"RAT-A-TAT-TAT!"
*bang* "Gurgh!" "AAUUUGGGGG-"
"..uh... April Fool's!"
"-GHHHHH!!!!!!"
You make it sound like that's a bad thing.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cepheid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: April 02, 2012, 03:35:59 pm »

Still moving through the archives slowly, but I just wanted to say, I salute you Draignean.  I've noticed you suffer a lot of headaches(At least, around the page I'm on anyways...), but still seem to struggle and work through them.  Even I can't do that.  I hope that the headaches aren't too frequent, as I used to deal with daily headaches and sufficed to say, after a few months, one tends to go a little mad.

Edit:  Man, just for the record, I had to look at your name FIVE TIMES after I wrote it out.  I was almost certain I got each the "ai" and "ea" backwards. >.>;
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 03:41:14 pm by Cepheid »
Feel free to pester me via MSN and such.  I don't bite, and I'm always looking for new and interesting people to talk to.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: April 02, 2012, 03:49:27 pm »

Still moving through the archives slowly, but I just wanted to say, I salute you Draignean.  I've noticed you suffer a lot of headaches(At least, around the page I'm on anyways...), but still seem to struggle and work through them.  Even I can't do that.  I hope that the headaches aren't too frequent, as I used to deal with daily headaches and sufficed to say, after a few months, one tends to go a little mad.

Migraines, chronic pains in the ass. Apparently rare in males, but I guess I'm just special. (You know, I always wanted to be a mutant. I suppose I figured I'd get laser vision or teleportation, not random sickness inducing pain.) They happened a lot more often before I gave up caffeine, and now I've managed to pin them down by avoiding sugar like it was the plague. They've gone from 2-3 a week to around once a month, which is far more liveable.

Well I have everyone's action, but the turn will at best come tonight. I'm still slogging into CoM and the last two months of a succession fort, that and the college work that I might want to do sometime this month. :P

I immediately cash in my points for a Brokeback parody starring Tarran Smith and Taric Sizier. :P Because we all know Tarran just can't quit Taric.

This is ringing vague bells, and my dear friend google informs me of a gay cowboy movie. That what you're talking about?
---

Cepheid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: April 02, 2012, 03:56:23 pm »

Migraines, chronic pains in the ass. Apparently rare in males, but I guess I'm just special. (You know, I always wanted to be a mutant. I suppose I figured I'd get laser vision or teleportation, not random sickness inducing pain.) They happened a lot more often before I gave up caffeine, and now I've managed to pin them down by avoiding sugar like it was the plague. They've gone from 2-3 a week to around once a month, which is far more liveable.

Ow.  Yeah, mine's more a stupid permanent and unstoppable infection in my head.  Nothing fatal, but it does cause a number of problems.  Primarily, headaches with pain going through my right eye and down along my nose, and intense fevers of up to 100.6F.  No known cause.  No known permanent solution.  I just take painkillers daily as necessary.  Fortunately, once the headache is gone for the day, it stays gone and doesn't come again until the next day.

Still, I think you're worse off.  The two migraines I've ever experienced in my life had me doubling over and unable to see or walk straight, alongside not being able to feel anything.  I know yours probably aren't the same as that, as migraines affect people differently, but still.  Any migraine is still worse than what I experience.  At least you've figured out what the trigger is, though, so all is well(I hope.)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: April 02, 2012, 04:02:18 pm »

Yes it is, and don't worry about it. I was just trolling Tarran back. :P I'll hold onto those 100 points for something I actually want. ^^^

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: April 02, 2012, 04:05:04 pm »

Wow, I never knew you had pains Draignean. I must be unobservant and missed you talking about it.

Regardless, man you two, those sound nasty.

Yes it is, and don't worry about it. I was just trolling Tarran back. :P I'll hold onto those 100 points for something I actually want. ^^^
Sorry to inform you, but your trolling didn't really affect me.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: April 02, 2012, 04:05:28 pm »

I also suffer from severe migraines, heritage from my mother. Around the end of my junior high school and beginning of high school years (a period of around one and a half year) I had them almost daily. I thought I would suffer forever having my brain soft-boiled inside my skull, but they stopped being so frequent and now I have them once in a while, but they still cripple me. No way I'm giving up on caffeine and sugar.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:07:35 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Cepheid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: April 02, 2012, 04:15:05 pm »

Wow, I never knew you had pains Draignean. I must be unobservant and missed you talking about it.

Regardless, man you two, those sound nasty.

Meh.  We live and survive in our own ways.  Draignean survives via consuming as little sugar as possible.  I survive via a single dose of painkillers each day.  As long as they don't get worse, we're generally happy.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand!  I didn't mean to derail it.  I shall get back to reading so I can one day get caught up and comment on more recent events in the RTD.  I'm currently up to the group trying to find their ship in the murderous forest while Trol is going insane, hallucinating, and bleeding.

*Drags the derailed topic back onto the rails, and starts pushing it along.*

Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 602