Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526740 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Friendly fire is a misnomer.
« Reply #6840 on: March 24, 2012, 11:24:26 am »

What about Jordan? He's got a good range weapon, so maybe you should move him up to start firing on the dudes at the elevator?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: March 24, 2012, 11:28:06 am »

What about Jordan? He's got a good range weapon, so maybe you should move him up to start firing on the dudes at the elevator?

Jordan is linked to Tarran right now, moving him would waste his action. Also, the guys by the elevator are about twice the distance away that the snipers are, well out of the range of the thrown lamplight.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: March 24, 2012, 10:34:53 pm »

Ok, so he can't see him or move without interrupting tarran who is using an ANTI-TANK WEAPON at close quarters.

Something about that sentance just nags at me, but the rest of my mind just slaps it across the face and tells it to shut up, and then it goes to cry quietly in the corner. So, eh, whatever.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: March 24, 2012, 11:18:56 pm »

Ok, so he can't see him or move without interrupting tarran who is using an ANTI-TANK WEAPON at close quarters.
Uh, no. Wrong. I'm using it at long range.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: March 24, 2012, 11:20:59 pm »

I'd prefer that arguement be buried again.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: March 24, 2012, 11:25:19 pm »

Which one?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: March 24, 2012, 11:42:17 pm »

Close quarters for what it is. Your effectively firing a tank cannon down a hallway underground.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: March 25, 2012, 12:38:23 am »

Which one?

The argument over range breaks. Right now the system is gamey, but there is a hole can of worms to be opened should I start mucking around with things.

I may have to, but right now range works on the basis of "because the GM said so." I probably should have used yards or meters as my increment, but it's serviceable right now. I may grab a rifle later and actually mark out distances for what I think the ranges are.

Hell, range increments may become a part of a weapons specs, or tied to the type of weapon.

Close quarters for what it is. Your effectively firing a tank cannon down a hallway underground.

Same principle, way smaller.
Besides, that's part of Sci-Fi. Using absurdly powerful weapons for no better reason than because you have them.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: March 31, 2012, 10:48:26 am »

Double Post, but it's my own thread. I'm allowed to do crazy shit like that.

I finally updated Tarran's perks to show the one he got in May 2011, Moose has been added to the waitlist, and I'm thinking of continuing this radical streak by updating in the AM.

---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: March 31, 2012, 12:56:29 pm »

Double Post, but it's my own thread. I'm allowed to do crazy shit like that.
As far as I'm concerned, in an RTD thread, if you're the GM you're allowed to post as much as you like, just as long as the posts are reasonably spaced and have at least minimal content.

I finally updated Tarran's perks to show the one he got in May 2011, Moose has been added to the waitlist, and I'm thinking of continuing this radical streak by updating in the AM.
And the heavens cheered.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:00:59 pm by Tarran »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: March 31, 2012, 01:18:34 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Tarran Smith

Shoot my gun.

You exhale one last breath as you center the scope dead on the Immortal's chest, and squeeze the trigger. [Improbable Aiming Skills 2: No effect] [Marksman 4+1+1] The sabot strips away perfectly, the slender round flying over Ashley's shoulder closely enough to ruffle her hair before lancing into -and through- the Immortal. (Immortal armor -5 Immortal Hp -57)
   The force of the sabot tears an entry wound that you'd have trouble wiggling two fingers into, and an exit wound that you could use as a macabre candy bowl. The immortal staggers backwards feebly, stumbling out of the light as its limbs relax beyond all usefulness. [Dex 2+2+1] You don't even break your eye from the scope as you slide the next round into the rifle.

(Immortal 1 has been killed)

---

Ashley Fey & Harry Nakamuno

"Bleed Mindless Servants!"

Show an Immortal my stabs, Harry does the same

[Dex 3] Unsheathing your duelist implants to their fullest extension you finish your charge with a leap, adding as much force as you can to your first pair of stabs. [Melee 5, 4 Vs Dodge 5+1] The surviving immortal anticipates your attack and, despite the serious injuries inflicted by your grenade, rolls aside with alacrity.
   [Harry Dex 5-1] Harry continues his slower charge, building up momentum like a cargo rail. He's maybe a dozen feet away from you now, close enough that you can trust him to collide with the Immortal in the next few seconds.

---

Immortal Sniper 3

Forced into close combat with Ashley, the Immortal chooses to not abandoned its heavy railgun. It might not be as effective it close range, but a strictly melee fight against the aggressor's blades was even less feasible. [Quickshot 3+1-2]
   Slewing the long barrel over wildly the Immortal fires just as Ashley throws herself sideways, sending a heavy slug and a burst of plasmatized air scorching into the opposite wall of the corridor.

---

Jordan Grey

His rifle finally finished calibrating the distance to the remaining Immortal, Jordan took careful aim. Ashley had decided to opt for the paleolithic option of stab-it-until-it-stops-moving and Harry was charging his way up to go caveman Ook on it as well. Together they were doing a marvelous job of frustrating Jordan's shot.
   [Marksman 5+1] Opportunity presented itself when the Immortal attempted to shoot Ashley, forcing her to dive out of the way and clear Jordan's shot picture. The pulse of light from the rifle lasted only a second, striking the remaining Immortal low in the stomach with the soft whumph and hiss of boiling chitin and expanding air. (Immortal armor -14, Hp -15)

---

Immortal Skirmishers

The skirmishers continued to wait passively, there was nothing they could do now to hurry things along. Their cargo squirmed in its sleep, and the air squirmed with it, but the skirmishers did not care. A thought drifted idly up from the depths of one of the subjugate minds, a fragment of a poem, a forgotten remnant of a life it had long left behind.
   Still, it fit now with an odd precision to the Immortal's task.

Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die. 

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom searches the room for anything that could be of use, then takes down all the sheets of the report and brings them to Taric.

[observation 5, 3 Intuition 4, 5 Luck 2 19/30. Above Average result] You poke through the disheveled room as best you can, searching though the mess for any objects that might be of value. The room is an oddly comfortable affair, looking far more lived in that most of the other ones you've seen, and the objects it contains seem far to reflect its owners more earthly tastes.
   From the the tangle of bedding you're able to find an unopened bottle of wine, the clothing on the floor yields nothing useful but pocket lint and gum wrappers, and in the (largely unused) dresser you find a pack of three one shot hypo's taped to the top of one of the drawers. The hypos contain a murky gold liquid, holding flecks of something vaguely greenish in suspension.
   It doesn't take a genius to know that it's a drug, [intuition 1] but your, albeit limited, knowledge of low-class street stimulants tells you nothing about what this might be.
   The last thing you do is to gather the papers off the wall, your vision isn't capable of seeing the words on them, but you can make out the technocracy stamp on each corner of the pseudo-paper. Without light they're useless, and even if you had light you're not sure that you'd be the one to puzzle out Technocrat mysteries.

Papers and assorted sundries in hand you squeeze your way back past the intrusive display case, and drop back down into the maintenance shaft. The similarities between your old job of climbing in and out of maintenance shafts and beating machines into submission is oddly similar to your new job of climbing in and out of maintenance shafts and beating people into submission. The sad thing is your old job had better pay, though they didn't let you carry guns.
   You climb back up into the room with Taric and Jake, wincing again as your eyes adjust back to the glow of the holographic display. Taric is still wrapped up in his work, though he seems somewhat less dead to the world than he did last time. Jake is standing behind him, reading over his shoulder or staring off into the translucent blue screens. It's difficult to tell which.

(You can chose to take both the wine and the drugs, either, or neither. They will be automatically added to your inventory after you choose.)

---

Taric Sizier

Taric marked down the lab locations and designations, then surfaces to get at the facility's inventory lists.

You stare at the reports intently, making a conscious effort to fix the lab information indelibly in your mind. [Int 6+1] You don't know where these locations are in relation to the rest of the facility, but if you see these designations again you'll remember what they went to.
   After you're sure you've got the designations committed to memory you start searching for the facility's inventory lists. [Mechanical 2+1] Searching for the total inventory lists is a pain in the neck, the system keeps punting you about to sectional inventories instead of the mass inventory you're looking for. After a minute and a couple sparks of frustration you find it, but are further stymied by the system insisting that it doesn't have an up to date copy. It requests that you re-connect this terminal to the network before accessing inventory listings.

---

James Evan

James paused. "Wait, what was he doing?" he asked.

She frowns, looking at you as if you had just asked a profoundly stupid question. "You don't know?"
    "That would be why I asked," you say with some chagrin.
    [Blight int 3+1] "He was changing the way your brain talked to itself, making it slower in places." Blight cocks her head to one side, seemingly genuinely curious now. "Why don't you remember what he was doing?"
    You look at her in consternation. "Because I wasn't doing it. I don't remember it because I have no idea what he was doing," You say with all the patience you can muster.
    "But then how could he have done it?"
    "Because he," you start to say, then stop. Dom-You-Crazy raised an interesting question, if you had no clue how to do this, then how had you-that-was-not-you done it?
     Blight thinks for a minute, tossing the knife in the air and catching it idly. "And why can't you remember what he did?"

You shut Her questions out for now, you need to think. Other you was altering you brain, and he had known how to do it without killing you. Unless you'd taken a learning annex course in brain chemistry that you don't know about, you can't say that you could do the same. Of course, you've already done the same, and you weren't even you at the time.
   You press your palms into your eyes, wishing that for once in your life someone would throw you an easy situation instead of this... stuff.

---

Turn Recap
Taric is Finding
James is talking and being confused
Tarran is blowing people away
Dominique wandering back and forth
Ash is attempting to stab people and not get shot

Jordan is lasering shit up
Harry is Charging

The snipers are Taking losses
The skirmishers are Waiting For an Elevator

Other Events
Lockdown Override for elevator in 2 turns.

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: NPC (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 03:28:30 pm by Draignean »
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: March 31, 2012, 01:26:03 pm »

(I'll take both. ^^^)

"Hey, Taric. Got some presents for you," Dom announced as she entered the room again. "Some sort of document and some drugs, although I ain't giving you the drugs yet." She grinned. "I'll just hold onto them until you can get to a lab or somethin' and figure out what it is. Maybe you could look it up on that terminal, though. It's some kind of yellow and green liquid muck." She held out the sheaf of papers, waiting for him to take it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: March 31, 2012, 01:43:01 pm »

Believing that the area ahead was secured, Tarran moved from his corner position, gesturing to Jordan to follow.

Jog towards Ashley and Harry. Gesture for Jordan to come.

(I'll take both. ^^^)

"Hey, Taric. Got some presents for you," Dom announced as she entered the room again. "Some sort of document and some drugs, although I ain't giving you the drugs yet." She grinned. "I'll just hold onto them until you can get to a lab or somethin' and figure out what it is. Maybe you could look it up on that terminal, though. It's some kind of yellow and green liquid muck." She held out the sheaf of papers, waiting for him to take it.
Oh god. OH GOD. The mental image of Taric with drugs. Oh god.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: March 31, 2012, 02:49:00 pm »

(I'll take both. ^^^)

Oh god. OH GOD. The mental image of Taric with drugs. Oh god.
Come on, if he's doped up he can't hit on anything :P

My action will be a up a little bit later.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: March 31, 2012, 02:53:46 pm »

Come on, if he's doped up he can't hit on anything :P
I said with, not on.

*Hint hint*?
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 602