Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526794 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Friendly fire is a misnomer.
« Reply #6810 on: March 22, 2012, 11:06:58 pm »

wait
Hahaha I'm going to die
I wonder if Ahra jumped out of his seat at seeing these words.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: March 22, 2012, 11:18:55 pm »

*Sigh*

Fine. It has been a while, so I'll recap.

You were being tortured at the time by a technocracy acolyte subservient to Niska Shiren. Shit started to get crazy in uncontrolled ways only after the acolyte left, and the acolyte indicated that he'd been torturing James for quite some time.

Now, because I'm a nice guy I'm going to set up the rest of it.

The fungus supposedly had quite a bit of time left on the clock before it became a problem. Then Dom hit James with a massive Empathetics pulse, creating a third splinter in Jame's already partitioned mind.

After this happened James got punted down into his own skull, yadda, yadda, and has first encounter with the black tendrils. Said black tendrils have appeared when James tries to move between locations and when there has been usage of empathetics.  The tendrils grew wildly when subject to an unfocused empathetic attack, their growth caused massive and immediate pain to both James and Blight.

So.
1. Controlled Torture was administered by a technocracy psionic
2. The fungus's speed of infestation was greatly increased by an empathetic surge
3. The fungus is attracted to empathetics
4. The fungus reacts to having raw energy thrown at it like it was miracle grow.

So, questions you should think about.
What would this fungus be used for?
Why was there a psychic administering the torture?

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: March 23, 2012, 12:20:22 am »

Because Psychic powers control it obviously, and I think It's James's Girl self that knows what to do in that regard
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: March 23, 2012, 02:00:33 am »

What would this fungus be used for?
A random guess from me that will likely be wrong:

To kill James if he ever learned empathetics?

Another random guess that will likely be wrong:

To learn something from James by directly attacking the brain.

Yet another random guess that will likely be wrong:

To take over James' mind and turn him into a mindless fungus zombie. Braaaaiinnnsss...
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: March 23, 2012, 03:25:44 am »

I'm guessing a bio-weapon to be used on psychics that are against the technocracy.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: March 23, 2012, 08:51:57 am »

I'm thinking psychic interorgation tool. Not sure how it would work, but you never know.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: March 23, 2012, 08:55:16 am »

wait
Hahaha I'm going to die
I wonder if Ahra jumped out of his seat at seeing these words.
nope, test work or whatchamacallit on an car scrap/reserve parts maker ruined my nerves,and the orchester group, my cat can claw me in the night and all i say is "Knock it off"
Also, i doubt your death is imminent, call it a hunch, otherwise try to pass on the mental problems  :P
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: March 23, 2012, 09:14:31 am »

I'm guessing a bio-weapon to be used on psychics that are against the technocracy.
Because Psychic powers control it obviously, and I think It's James's Girl self that knows what to do in that regard

We have one winner and a three-quarters partial! Well done people, my faith in my ability to make a single point of interest clear after spending a couple posts working it out with you is slightly restored.  :-\  This is why I'm never going to be a writer. I can never tell what's clear and what isn't.

... Perhaps I should have given James a more linear introduction. The branches of opportunity seem only to serve as objects to hit your face on as you fall from the sub-plot tree.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Moose

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: March 23, 2012, 10:37:56 am »

It really is clear to see if read all in one go. Which I just did, and it is awesome.
I'll just sidle over to the end of the waiting list with my character sheet here:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and wait the year or so until that spot in the list will actually come up  :)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: March 23, 2012, 05:02:24 pm »

Because I'm not willing to metagame that much, Iiii'm screwed hahaha.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: March 23, 2012, 05:08:15 pm »

You could have figured it out logically... But fine, we can let things spool from here.

Running the rest of the turn now.
---

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: March 23, 2012, 05:16:45 pm »

... 3-4 months, are they paying off?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: March 23, 2012, 06:10:18 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Immortal Sniper 2

With the red blood of its host mingling freely with the less colorful blood of its own crippled carapace, the immortal struggles to stand up again, impelled more by instinctual programming than any personal defiance of death. [Will 3-1] Its body twitches feebly as the connection to its dying host goes in and out of sync, smearing the odd mix of ichor and blood across the floor but achieving little else.

(Sniper 2 is no longer stunned)

---

Immortal Sniper 1

Senses overwhelmed by the blast, the Immortal who saved himself by throwing himself flat clambers awkwardly upright, staggering slightly as it struggles to find a center. Balance flickering like a leaf in fall it manages to get its weapon up into firing position, but its disorientation is still far too great for it to isolate a target from the blurry hallway.

(Sniper 1 is no longer stunned)

---

Tarran Smith

Aim my Ichneumon at the Immortals. Pop the first one who regains it's senses.

With the grenade blast still ringing in your ears you step out from behind cover, leaning into the corner of the wall for stability and settling the Ichneumon comfortably into your shoulder. One shot, one kill. Your aim jumps to the one that jerks a little in its attempts to rise, but settles instead upon the Immortal that managed to regain its standing position.
   You breathe slowly and deeply, calming your heartbeat down to a more manageable level as you center the scope's crosshair on the Immortal's chest.

(You are now aimed in on immortal 1)

---

Immortal Skirmishers

Pushing forwards the last few yards to their goal, [Dex 2+1, 5+1, 2] the group manages to awkwardly carry their burden the rest of the way to the elevator. With unhurried precision the lead skirmisher takes a small grey box from the organic compartment of his carapace, waiting only a moment before depressing the single button on the jury rigged transmitter.

[Lockdown override 3]
(Three rounds before the elevator doors open)

---

Immortal Sniper 3

The last immortal to rise does so with uneasy speed. It had more time to let its balance acclimate to the blast, but is by no means well recovered. Unfocused senses sweep the area, not quite comprehending the reason for the light being so much closer than it was. The host is bruised but functional, though that might not last for much longer if it can't stabilize its vision.

(Sniper 3 is no longer stunned)

---

Ashley Fey, Harry Nakamuno, Jordan Grey

"They are for it now!" Ashley Signals Harry to be ready to Charge "Jordan, fire at them With Tarran" After both have fired, Ash and Harry will charge at the snipers, with their relative defensive implants active, Ashley will fire the Javelin implant on the way, and both will finish the charge with duellist implants

As you silently power on your own Stormcrow implants, you tell Harry to do the same, then order Jordan to sync his fire with Tarran. You're going to have to trust both of them to not shoot you or Harry in the back once you're charging, no time to waste on letting them fire. Taking a single lungful of air to start yourself off you nod to Harry, waiting long enough for him to indicate his readiness with a similar nod before you charge.
   [Ashley Dex 4] You get a good run off to start, letting yourself stretch out and get a good rhythm up before you extend your arm and fire your javelin implants. [Quickshot 3+1-1] The thin beams struggle to find a focal point while you're running, but you manage to pulse a searing mark into [1-3, 2] the still prone Immortal's chest. (Immortal Sniper 2 Armor -13, Hp -2)  The immortal jerks violently as the flash boiled carapace pops and cracks, dealing the final blow in severing its connection to the already critical host.
  [Harry Dex 3-1] Harry's run is slowed both by virtue of his bulk and by the weight of his body armor. He falls rapidly behind as you charge, gaining momentum as he goes, but still advancing slowly.

Immortal Sniper 2 has been killed.
(Harry is roughly 1/3 of the way to the immortals, medium range)
(Ashley is roughly 2/3 of the way to the immortals, short range)

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom searched for anything that might be a weapon before moving a shelf aside and searching the bedroom... keeping her Abassy out, just in case.

You move slowly across the room, checking each case carefully for anything useful. [Observation 2] Some of the objects are quite intricate, made of differing layers of materials that are partially permeable to your sight, though you're sure that the objects themselves were not explicitly designed to appear so. You find yourself reminiscing about happier times as you survey the private collection.
   It's been a long time since happier times.
   After a few moments lost in revery you shake yourself out of it, you're not here to admire art, and none of this stuff is useful to you. Shaking your head at your own bout of absentmindedness you turn your focus to the bedroom door, attempting first to move the display case that partially blocks it out of they way.
   To your surprise the case appears to be bolted to the wall. Probably not a case of someone making a lost ditch effort to fortify their room, more likely the shelves didn't exactly fit and they just didn't care to have them cut down to size. You can't tell whether you find the effect sloppy or defiant.
    Slipping sideways you slide the door away and enter the bedroom, finding it a sharp counterpoint to the order of the museum-like room. Clothes are strewn idly about, sheets and sheets of some kind of report are taped onto one wall, while the bed itself (usually the main point of a bedroom) is rather rakishly askew, hinting that the owner had decided that he needed more floorspace for... something.
    In short, the room is a mess.

---

Taric Sizier

Open all weapons project files (CAINE, Pandora and Hel)

You pull all three weapon project files simultaneously, paneling them around you and pushing your already pulled screens out of the way. It's interesting, not detailed on the surface, but certainly interesting.

Spoiler: Project File CAINE (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Project File Hel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Project File Pandora (click to show/hide)

---

James Evan

Quote from: Powder Miner
James changed the are of his mind extremely quickly. It had worked last time crap happened to his brain, so...

Largely at a loss for actions you root back to the last thing that helped when you were trapped in your mind and couldn't get out. Not exactly the same situation, but all you can do is play the cards you've got. You only wish it didn't feel like someone had stolen half your deck.
  You attempt to shift the area around you, it doesn't matter to what, you just will it to change. [Will 1 (Bonus negated)] You feel slightly sick, but nothing else happens. Blurry grey people shapes move through the shaft, and one face sharpens momentarily as it grunts at you in a way that could either be a threat or a greeting before it blurs back out and walks on by. Seeing as you've never been here -Hell, you've never really been in a maintenance section except for the occasional shortcut- you would guess this is one of Dom's memories, Which makes this whole situation even peachier. You're in a part of your mind that you know nothing about, and it doesn't want you to leave.

"Soo..." Your ally of the moment asks, "are you trying to do something or are you trying to take a crap, because I really can't tell right now."
   You breathe deeply and mutter a mostly mental (Though what here isn't?) prayer before answering. "I," you say between clenched teeth, "am trying to do something to help us. Why, what are you doing?"
   "Not kicking your ass," she says with a shrug. "I'd say that's helping, [Blight int 3] but what you're doing doesn't look like what the other one was doing."

---

Turn Recap
Taric is Finding
James is being snarked at.
Tarran is aiming
Dominique is in the bedroom
Ash is lasering shit up

Jordan is Aiming
Harry is Charging

The snipers are Taking losses
The skirmishers are Waiting For an Elevator

Other Events
Lockdown Override for elevator in 3 turns.

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: NPC (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: March 23, 2012, 06:18:27 pm »

"Dom! I think there's some files you'll want to see. Would help us against those Immortals. I'm going to keep delving through here for more information." Taric marked down the lab locations and designations, then surfaces to get at the facility's inventory lists.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: March 23, 2012, 06:27:16 pm »

*Cough* Just an aside of things that your character would know how to do, that broken pad you're carrying around would be more than capable of holding a couple quick jots. (Plus you don't have anything, other than blood and medical guaze, to write on)

Also, your action, You're trying to find the inventory lists for the facility right?
---
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 602