Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527741 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Politics and war shall make strange bedfellows.
« Reply #6525 on: January 25, 2012, 10:50:27 pm »

If you aren't in the position, put me in your position then. Come on, it's not like I'll ruin the RTD... ;)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: January 25, 2012, 11:07:20 pm »

If you aren't in the position, put me in your position then. Come on, it's not like I'll ruin the RTD... ;)

Tarran, you're a good GM and a good writer, but no. I would beat you to death with a shovel first*.

*A vague warning is nobody's friend.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: January 25, 2012, 11:16:24 pm »

Oh come on, I'll only add a lotlittle bit of Taric RainbowsTM to the RTD. It wouldn't hurt... much. :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: January 25, 2012, 11:29:22 pm »

Oh come on, I'll only add a lotlittle bit of Taric RainbowsTM to the RTD. It wouldn't hurt... much. :P

You'd add Taric rainbows? Even knowing full well how that might make Mr. Smith make love to inanimate objects?

On a more serious note, no. I'll get on it, I just don't want to rush Wolf.
I'm not feeling great either, (courtesy of an enthusiastic junior phlebby) but I'm sure such personal feelings have little to do with the reason I'm not running a turn.  ::)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: January 26, 2012, 11:31:09 pm »

Wait. From one of Ashley's turn posts "You get mission impossible to kill the progenitor of your kind" are Ashley and such like... the beta versions of immortals, (supported by the javelin implant when it shut down shutting down to protect "both of you"), a better attempt to create an integrated warrior?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: January 26, 2012, 11:37:08 pm »

You're both right and wrong at the same time. The javelin implant is wholly mechanical though, Ash's DNA is 100% pure human.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: January 26, 2012, 11:42:05 pm »

You mean the immortals not only get their mind messed around with, but they also have their DNA changed by the suits?

Those suits are freaking harsh.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: January 26, 2012, 11:48:02 pm »

Oh, I never thought Ashley wasn' human, I just figured they were trying to make integrated warriors via the implants. It helps too that she has charge instead of stamina. Must have been a lot of surgery going on there. Not sure how it would work, it would have to be some sort of ATP battery or something.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: January 26, 2012, 11:49:34 pm »

You mean the immortals not only get their mind messed around with, but they also have their DNA changed by the suits?

Those suits are freaking harsh.

Err no. The host DNA remains the same. The suit is the part that is the Immortal, the human inside is (in most of the cases you've seen) just along for the ride.

Oh, I never thought Ashley wasn' human, I just figured they were trying to make integrated warriors via the implants. It helps too that she has charge instead of stamina. Must have been a lot of surgery going on there. Not sure how it would work, it would have to be some sort of ATP battery or something.

Funnily enough there actually wasn't, at least not in the way you're thinking.
Edit to your stealthy ninja edit.: As in Adenosine Tri-phosphate?  No.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:54:26 pm by Draignean »
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: January 27, 2012, 12:05:55 am »

Hmm. How did she get the implants then?

Anyway, how does it work? Ther ehas to be something overriding the need for cellular respiration if she doesn't have biological stamina.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: January 29, 2012, 10:12:06 pm »

Sorry about my being missing for a while, what did i miss
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: January 29, 2012, 10:59:33 pm »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: January 30, 2012, 11:46:49 am »

Sorry about my being missing for a while, what did i miss

Not much. I came back, I made a turn. We were all said that you weren't here with us. I gave you until sunday (the perfect amount of time it appears) before I auto'ed you. Tarran whined. Taricus was creepy. Powder was crazy. Serious was serious.

Edit: I will need an action sometime soon.

Hmm. How did she get the implants then?

Anyway, how does it work? Ther ehas to be something overriding the need for cellular respiration if she doesn't have biological stamina.

An ATP battery wouldn't be all that useful if I recall my BioChem correctly. The amount of ATP in the body is fairly constant, it's the exchange rate and the caloric energy necessary to maintain the constant exergonic-endergonic cycle of breaking ATP and reforming it that is more choatic.
Celular respiration still occurs, Ashley's body is very much alive and she is capable of becoming tired. The trick of it is that her stamina is far more fluid force, partially because of what she is, and partailly to make up for her lack of psionics.

Clear as mud?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:32:21 pm by Draignean »
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: January 30, 2012, 09:48:25 pm »

...No, it's clear. I was just waiting for a turn >.> [/jerkish bugging]

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: January 30, 2012, 09:52:19 pm »

Well I may still auto Wolf on monday. I just didn't want to auto him when he showed.

Soon. For now I charge you to enjoy german metal.
---
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 602