Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527944 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Politics and war shall make strange bedfellows.
« Reply #6420 on: December 22, 2011, 01:04:51 am »

@Draignean: I should still have 20 stamina left. I had 40, 1kn/200lbs of force is 1 stamina, 200x20 = 4,000. Especially since I was asking if I could use less than 200lbs off 1 stamina point and never got answered, which means I was kind of planning on using less...

*Scurries around his own thread*

Err, yes. So you did and so you do. I apologize for not getting back to you on that, but I wouldn't have let you do that without a refinement perk or a direct line of sight. As to the miscalculation I had accidentally converted my kNs wrong, refunding that + the stamina from the other roll that was included in your turn now.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: December 22, 2011, 01:14:36 am »

Taric used the distruptor pistol on the either of the eletrical anomalties, hoping to get the system up and running. Or look around for a cable to connect the two points.

Taricus... this is a part of the system's internal circuitry. To continue with the brain analogies your plan would like stimulating a neuron with that same disruptor pistol.

This requires an empathetic twist, just like twisting somebody's mind. Too much and you'll fry the system.
Ah, okay. Didn't think I could make an eletrical current with Psionics though. Editing action.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: December 22, 2011, 01:26:18 am »

Taric used the distruptor pistol on the either of the eletrical anomalties, hoping to get the system up and running. Or look around for a cable to connect the two points.

Taricus... this is a part of the system's internal circuitry. To continue with the brain analogies your plan would like stimulating a neuron with that same disruptor pistol.

This requires an empathetic twist, just like twisting somebody's mind. Too much and you'll fry the system.
Ah, okay. Didn't think I could make an eletrical current with Psionics though. Editing action.

That...
That's the entire basis of the empathetics branch of psionics. I'm all but 100% certain I outlined this using the redhead of exposition back when you first got you psionics but I'll go over it again now.

Kinetics is based in movement of large objects like entire molecules
Empathetics is based in movement of small and light objects like electrons

Every empathetic twists you use is an elctrical stimulation, brains, muscles, servos, etc.  Empathetics actually deals with NOTHING BUT electrical manipulation.

So to recap:
Empathetics=Electrical field manipulation
Kinetics= Kinetic force manipulation

Seriously now, how did you think it worked?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: December 22, 2011, 01:27:51 am »

I wouldn't have let you do that without a refinement perk or a direct line of sight.

Makes sense. I guess Dom's never going to get that ability then, subtle isn't her deal. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: December 22, 2011, 01:29:28 am »

Oh, that is how they work Draig? I never knew that. Atleast this  gives me a whole WORLD of new ideas now ;D

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: December 22, 2011, 03:00:47 pm »

Uh oh. Not the tendrils again. But this time James was sure he could do something about them, attempting to slice them with another one of those strange psionic blades he had made a while back.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: December 27, 2011, 01:26:40 am »

Removed stupidity.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 04:12:24 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: December 27, 2011, 01:31:42 am »

Except that you don't post it here :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: December 27, 2011, 02:04:27 am »

Aren't you supposed to PM Drag to, you know, prevent us from knowing what you've got?

Or at the very least, wouldn't it be a good idea to at least spoiler your sheet?

Common sense, dude.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: December 27, 2011, 09:39:42 am »

It was two in the morning, and I really wasn't thinking straight. Now I need to do this all again.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: December 28, 2011, 02:44:41 am »

Ashley Makes one last attempt to get them over here
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: January 08, 2012, 12:30:38 am »

Bump. Why? Why page three?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: January 08, 2012, 12:38:43 am »

Because Draignean hasn't been on since around Christmas. :( I hope nothing happened to him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: January 08, 2012, 12:52:30 am »

Yeah, I hope nothing happened. Not only would I loose a player, but a friend(Kinda) and a great frigging GM.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: January 08, 2012, 12:58:07 am »

Same here. It'd be nice if we had a way to check up on him.
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 602