Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527940 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Politics and war shall make strange bedfellows.
« Reply #6390 on: December 05, 2011, 06:20:20 pm »

the chimera fires all its bullets with one pull of the trigger Tarran

Hey! you two cut it out, I want to incinerate those damn things ijnn the\ hallway, but we need more men too make sure it sticks, dont you want to break something dom?

Tarric, try running your hand along the mobius strip in its entirety, or gripping the sword, it may only appear to be uninteractive
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: December 05, 2011, 06:21:27 pm »

Gm said it's not interactive right now...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: December 05, 2011, 06:23:44 pm »

he said it appears uninteractive taric, everything he says is your character's opinion and observation, not word of god
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: December 05, 2011, 06:24:43 pm »

the chimera fires all its bullets with one pull of the trigger Tarran
Oh, you're right, it does. I forgot. It's been so long since I've used one.

Well Serious deserves all 15 bullets anyway. So no big deal about that tiny detail.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: December 05, 2011, 06:25:10 pm »

He said it was non-interactive, not appears so...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: December 05, 2011, 06:28:43 pm »

Shit, Did I turn Dom to the dark side? :D

Nah, Tarran just fucked up. Dom's exhausted, hungry, scared, melancholy, frustrated, and just generally not in the mood for unnecessary crap. Then he whines at her for abandoning him when she sees it as the other way around -and she's doing something that could be of benefit to the team as a whole- and takes a shot at her. Considering how prone Dom is to raging, the only reason she's not trying to really hurt him is because she like(s/d) him.

Ninja x3: Oh, really? How much stamina do I have? 40? At 1kn/200lbs per stamina point...

Slam, 4,000 lbs, 5', at the entrance to the shaft to hopefully knock Tarran out and close the shaft off.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: December 05, 2011, 06:33:31 pm »

Don't make me steal a HE grenade off of Harry and throw it down there. Because my guy will totally think about it. :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: December 05, 2011, 06:44:46 pm »

You won't know it's coming until Dom's already unleashed the kinetic energy, at which point one of these will occur:
  • Best: Tarran is knocked out, shaft is closed off
  • Second Best: Shaft is closed off
  • Third Best: Tarran is knocked out or injured
  • Not desirable: Slam fails entirely
  • Do not want: Tarran is killed

Hopefully, though, you'll be fine since I'm not directing it at you. You'd have to do something monumentally stupid like jump in at the exact moment Dom releases it for that to happen.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: December 05, 2011, 06:55:58 pm »

If I'm knocked out: I will punch you to death in my mind.
If I'm hurt: I will fire my Ichneumon down the shaft.
If I'm killed: I will haunt you forever as a ghost. And make your life miserable. Possibly bring you to tears. Possibly.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: December 05, 2011, 08:20:39 pm »

Let me put it this way: Shoot into the crowd, roll bad, hit me - I don't mind, that's the dice's fault.

Intentionally shoot at me: We have problems.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: December 05, 2011, 08:46:29 pm »

James was getting pissed. She comes into his mind, decides its hers, then tries to screw him up. and when he tries to top her she starts stabbing him. NO MORE! James aimed his shotgun, and fired. He'd blow her away.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 09:43:11 pm by Powder Miner »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: December 05, 2011, 09:05:24 pm »

[Niska] So... we are finally beginning to meet the real you?"[/Niska]

Anyway, addressing questions.

Can I make a roll for whether or not Dom heard that whisper? Because if she did..

Well... You're decently far away, he's whispering, Dom's probably not exactly listening with her best ears, and there's that 3/4ths shut Iris between you and him... I don't think so. Sorry. :(

he said it appears uninteractive taric, everything he says is your character's opinion and observation, not word of god

Word of God to prevent unnecessary action waste: The Hologram is not interactive currently. Now, I've eaten a sandwich and have had caffeine since the last talk about this, so I'll give you a massive hint. Imagine that the way to access the computer is a physical macguffin and that it is out of your reach and there is no way to extend your physical reach.

Ninja x3: Oh, really? How much stamina do I have? 40? At 1kn/200lbs per stamina point...

Slam, 4,000 lbs, 5', at the entrance to the shaft to hopefully knock Tarran out and close the shaft off.

Well one would remind you that the aperture in the Iris is only 3' wide and will take a great portion of that blast. Second, in what way are you intending to close of the shaft? Blocking the entrance he's using specifically or something else?

James was getting pissed. She comes into his mind, decides its hers, then tries to screw him up. and when he tries to top her she starts stabbing him. NO MORE! James aimed his shotgun, and fired. He'd blow her away.

I usually do it for you when I post your actions in the turn, but would you mind bolding your actions?

You won't know it's coming until Dom's already unleashed the kinetic energy, at which point one of these will occur:

Well actually since he has the advanced kinesthesia trick he'll be able to see the kinetic blast incoming, nobody else would be able to see it but the two of you though.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: December 05, 2011, 09:11:52 pm »

Well actually since he has the advanced kinesthesia trick he'll be able to see the kinetic blast incoming, nobody else would be able to see it but the two of you though.
Yay for choices long ago helping in the future!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: December 05, 2011, 09:14:25 pm »

I was hoping to crush the entrance so thoroughly that it couldn't be used, but fine. Can I use 1 SP to 'flick' him in the forehead with, say, 5 to 10 pounds of force as opposed to 200? (I'll be honest: Kind of forgot his chance of hitting me is near impossible due to that iris. For some reason I was thinking of it as wide open.) Because I'm still going to punish him (lightly) for taking a shot at me.

Anyway, so Taric can't do anything with the computer then?

EDIT: Also in the interest of honesty, I've been up for damn near two days, so I'm not exercising my best judgment and I overreacted. Sorry, Tarran.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 09:18:41 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: December 05, 2011, 09:15:27 pm »

Not PHYSICALLY. I could use psionics to do so however...
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 602