Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528942 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Politics and war shall make strange bedfellows.
« Reply #6105 on: October 31, 2011, 05:55:37 pm »

Taricus, examine and object that you can plausibly derive the schems from (easy since the party has one.) and you'll auto succeed.
We do? if so, Does Ashley have it?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: October 31, 2011, 06:01:52 pm »

Taricus, examine and object that you can plausibly derive the schems from (easy since the party has one.) and you'll auto succeed.
We do? if so, Does Ashley have it?

I am disappoint.

In other news, Tarran fails to get a joke, Dom Fails to be shot, and Taric fails to get a turn period because he didn't do anything remotely interesting. Jury is still out on what James failed to do.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: October 31, 2011, 06:05:23 pm »

Hey, I just want to know if I have to risk getting a kick to the nuts :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: October 31, 2011, 06:10:48 pm »

In other news, Tarran fails to get a joke,
Damn.

Dom Fails to be shot,
Good for Serious. Good for him.

and Taric fails to get a turn period because he didn't do anything remotely interesting.
Yay! /random yay.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: October 31, 2011, 06:18:11 pm »

...I wonder if I fail to fight mah shadow.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: October 31, 2011, 09:04:52 pm »

Tarran Smith

"So, anyone got some good jokes while we're waiting?"

[Talk 2] In a fit of brilliance you ask if Ash or her men know any good jokes, this seems slightly callous considering that two of them have been shot and Harry ain't looking so good. You feel as though you've lost whatever ground you gained by taking command there for a moment, thankfully however Jordan is too busy patching up Harry and Ash is too in control to punch you in the throat.

Tough room.

(Split loyalty effect canceled)

---

Ashley Fey

Ok men, we can pretend to hold this truce, but we still have a mission to do, remember?

[Diplomacy 3+1+1 Motherless sons rep] Even in the face of Tarran's rather blithe deal with the devil you're able to keep both Jordan and Harry from killing him, no small feat considering your mission makes the very thought of a truce ludicrous. Still, with a bit of luck you can pull this off. You might have to break a few rules of honor, but then again you never agreed to anything and Smith isn't qualified in any way, shape, or form to act as your representative. [Happiness Jordan 3+1-1, Harry 5+1] Jordan's face sours and he ignores Tarran entirely while he tends Harry's gunshot sounds, you can sympathize with that, he has more cause to hate the thing than the rest of you combined. Harry nods slowly, he can at least see the tactical advantage that the appearance of honoring the truce would bring.

Still this is going to get interesting very quickly, you're sure of that... A pity you didn't have the time to finalize some of your weapon designs.

(Schematics added: Garou Repeating Cannon, 15mm bonding charges)

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Probably, if you want to be wanderin' around these tunnels too," Dom said, looking at the wall where she kicked it and thinking hell yeah. "You'll be fine though. You're with me!" She thumped a fist to her collarbone and grinned. "If anyone on this team is good for keepin' the others safe, that's me." She knelt in front of the panel and started to open it. "It'll be dark in there, so we'll have to hold hands or somethin' so you don't get lost." Dom turned to him. "So let's say we do run across some poor slob. Should we bring 'em back to boss or what?"

You inspect the maintenance hatch, these things were built to be unobtrusive and -like most tech designed to be handled by work crews- all but unbreakable. All you have to do is either have the magnetic key for its reader (something that usually broke the week after the door was installed) or hit it really hard in the right spot. [Observation 3] Hmm... You're pretty sure it's this corner, pretty sure. [Strength 1 (bonus negated)] [End 4+1] You curse at it as your palm impacts at a bad angle and slips sideways, twisting your wrist awkwardly against the metal. You're unharmed but that definitely wasn't the correct spot.

[observation 3] Here maybe? [Str 4+1] You flat palm hits the panel with resounding force and it recesses another quarter of an inch, popping with the sweet sounding of grinding metal as you push it the rest of the way open. The shaft inside is as dark as anywhere else in this bloody place, it does however smell powerfully of sweat, urine, and excrement. Between that and the smell of the liquefying bio-suit behind you there's a fierce competition going for which will finally cause your sinuses to revolt.

You stick your head in the shaft and look both ways, on the left is the end of the passage where it intersects the wall of the corridor that the others in, on your right is a very scared looking man with dangerous looking short-barrel weapon pointed at your very favorite head. [reflex 5+1] Startled you whip your head back out of the hole just as a burning blast rips through the space you just occupied. From inside the passage you can hear the man coughing and gasping, apparently he just made himself a bit short of usable air with that little stunt.

---

Jordan Grey and Harry Nakamuno

With the silence from the corridor starting to approach five minutes Jordan starts treating Harry's worst injuries and jacking an additional power-cell into his feeder line. [Jordan Int 5+1, Dex 2+1+1, Fight 3+1, Luck 1 Treatment 11/20] The treatment goes fairly well, but the sniper rounds crush off pieces of Harry's armor into the wound, forcing Jordan to slow way down until he can remove them. It's slow, painful, and bloody work.

---

James Evan

James briefly thought "Oh CRAP that doesn't look good!" before he attempted to wake up, figuring out that something was horribly wrong again with his subconscious, and figuring that he was about to deal with his shadow again, he struggled with it for control of his body.

Right, you've seen enough hentai to know where this is going. Evil looking tentacles, dreamworld that you don't recognize, definitely time to get out of here and let... well actually you don't really know what will happen if you let your mind get devoured by evil tentacles. Still, getting out seems to be the best option. [Will 4] The ascent to consciousness is steep but not impossible, [observation 1] and after a long moment of concentration you open your eyes to the real world. Well that's unusual...

You aren't where you left you. Instead of being uncomfortably reclined against a wall in a room full of unidentified holo-graphic controls you're at the mouth of the intersection, a couple of short steps behind Tarran. Your punch-gun gauntleted fist held low, apparently ready to rush forwards and jab Tarran in the back. Regarding the appendage with a mixture of curiosity and fear you slowly unclench your hand and let it drop back to your side. There's no way this can be a good sig- [Mental duel, 3 point lead to win. Blight will 4, 3+1, 6, 5, 2= 23 Vs James Will 5+1, 3, 3+1, 3, 4=20] Your nose itches oddly for a moment and then the Other blindsides your mental defenses like a freight train. Her attack is a rushing sea of betrayal, fear, and anger, anger upon anger... but at the core of its core there is a single thread of hope. [Intuition 4+1] Something tells you that this is very important before her assault blasts away your hopelessly unprepared mental defenses and sucks you under, pulling you down into a maelstrom of trapped rage and fear.

When you open your eyes again you're in a monochrome room, bare except for three chairs and a stage at the far end. On the stage is a young man and woman, holding hands and staring into the others eyes in a way reserved for really bad movies. A man of middle height and almost perfectly average features stands beside the stage a long rod pointing at the couple as if instructing, his mouth frozen open mid-word.

"Bitch got you too, eh?" a familiar voice says from behind you. Surprised you whirl back around to find your more recognizable shadow standing beside you, looking much the worse for wear. Bleeding holes stain the front of his shirt and a large chunk is missing out of the side of his face. "Don't look at me like that, I wasn't planning on hosting a psychic kegger either."

"Wha?" you articulate scintillatingly.

"Yeah. That about sums it up" he chuckles darkly. "Don't even remember much what happened, she stole it from me." He says more softly without really meeting your eyes. "Happened fast, she cornered me here and... ripped me to shreds. Took what she wanted and left the rest of me for dead in this prison of hers."

---

Turn Recap (Yep, it's back)
Taric stood by Dom and drooled on himself
James lost a fight with his twisted sister and is languishing in his head
Tarran is failing to be charismatic
Serious is being badass and avoiding being shot
Ash is holding her men together

Jordan is patching Harry
Harry is getting patched

Blight is in control of James' body
The truce is in effect as of now

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:06:39 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: October 31, 2011, 09:17:32 pm »

"Guess where the fear eminated from. You go talk to him, I'll look around for a bit."

Explore the immediate area a bit more closely.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: October 31, 2011, 09:32:08 pm »

Dom frowned at Taric. "Nice to see you take me getting almost shot in the face so lightly," she said sourly. I can't let that bastard keep his gun. She reached out with her mind to where she had seen him and focused on his gun. She could probably rip it away pretty easily. Once she did that, she'd grab him, drag him out, and make him pay for even daring to take a shot at her.

I'm going to use a standard 150 lbs of force to fling his gun towards the left end of the passage.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: October 31, 2011, 09:33:51 pm »

"Someone, be ready to grab me if I get shot. I'll see if they're lying bastards or not, by the most obvious way possible: moving across the sniper's line of sight. Be ready to grab me because I don't plan on dying. At least not for... oh, an hour or so."

Sprint across the hall back-and-fourth once, then merely run across the hall next time, then return to Ashley's group with a walk.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: October 31, 2011, 10:38:39 pm »

"Ouch... Looks like she- Wait. Wait, wait, wait. If your're my shadow then, in the name of Christ, who is she?! I tried to fight back for contorl of my body, but she overpowered me. However, maybe if we combine forces we can beat her. Wait a minute... the fungus... OH GOD I THINK SHE'S MY CANCER! We have to take her down..."

Fight back again, trying to convince my real shadow to help.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: October 31, 2011, 10:57:14 pm »

"Ouch... Looks like she- Wait. Wait, wait, wait. If your're my shadow then, in the name of Christ, who is she?! I tried to fight back for contorl of my body, but she overpowered me. However, maybe if we combine forces we can beat her. Wait a minute... the fungus... OH GOD I THINK SHE'S MY CANCER! We have to take her down..."

The bleeding image of you gestures in helpless weariness "She's me and you, and Dominique. You've got self-induced multiple personality disorder and one of them is a chick, we're both shadows of you until we can take control... and then, well then you'll be a shadow of her." He shakes his head and coughs bloodily. "I can't leave, someone has to stay down here in the mindworks and keep your plumbing working... The infection is spreading, whether it is linked to her or not I don't know, but I lack the strength to slow it down now." He grimaces and touches the missing chunk of his face. "You don't have many options, you've either got to beat her straight up and hope she doesn't destroy us from within, or you've got to... reason with her somehow."

He stops for a moment before dragging a couple ragged breaths. "The infection, it reacted very strongly shortly before you lost consciousness. I don't know why, I was kind of fighting for my existence at the time."
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: October 31, 2011, 11:06:13 pm »

James groaned. "Hey, Dom-me-shadow! Just taking control of me and going won;t help you. You're outnumbered and outgunned, and you'll just be slain on the spot. I ave knowledge, and I have memories... You need me."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: October 31, 2011, 11:07:43 pm »

James groaned. "Hey, Dom-me-shadow! Just taking control of me and going won;t help you. You're outnumbered and outgunned, and you'll just be slain on the spot. I ave knowledge, and I have memories... You need me."

((She can't hear you right now anymore than you could hear the Shadow before when it was just the two of you. At this point you are essentially a Shadow personality, and she's in control.))
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: October 31, 2011, 11:12:23 pm »

Fine, do that and try to pull her in to talk, if even just for a moment.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: October 31, 2011, 11:15:42 pm »

"Keep up the good work doc" Ashley is ready in case of the other side being treacherous
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 602