Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528945 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Alas poor Taric, I knew him well.
« Reply #6060 on: October 22, 2011, 02:19:30 am »

I think i might need to read CVRTD, in the mean time I am going to go post something in it saying to waitlist me
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: October 22, 2011, 07:48:24 pm »

Just wanted to say I nominated Draignean for the Random Number God Award in the Award Nomination Thread for hosting this awesome RTD

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: October 22, 2011, 08:47:25 pm »

I think i might need to read CVRTD, in the mean time I am going to go post something in it saying to waitlist me

DO IT, DO IT NOW! Honestly I can guarantee that RTD's made by Serious and Tarran will be of the highest quality, all of them are worth a read.

*Meanwhile at the honeybun hideout...*

We've been getting the edge of a storm that's causing intermittent power failure, hence the lack of turn, I kept logging on and then getting spontaneously shut down just when I thought it was safe to boot up again. I have however dug out the spare battery for my laptop and will be good to go for two hours and change.

In short, running turn now.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: October 22, 2011, 09:53:34 pm »

...Serious and Tarran will be of the highest quality, all of them are worth a read...
What, really? Honestly? I... never knew you thought that of my RTDs. I thought they were all crappy quality, personally, because often I just... don't have any flavor text and copy-paste is not out of the question for me. Are they really that good? ???

We've been getting the edge of a storm that's causing intermittent power failure, hence the lack of turn, I kept logging on and then getting spontaneously shut down just when I thought it was safe to boot up again.
Ouch.

I have however dug out the spare battery for my laptop and will be good to go for two hours and change.

Wait, if you loose power every so-so then how can you even get online? Is your internet satellite or something?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: October 22, 2011, 10:22:38 pm »

Tarran Smith

"Ashley, Harry, Jordan, stand down, I worked out a 'Truce' with a deadhead that should take five minutes to get through. Stop shooting, and wait, so we can see if he was lying or not."

Wait for five minutes.

Also, I just realized I forgot to where the room they wanted to be opened was. Derp. I'll have to go back there and ask.

[charisma 5+1-1] You yell for Ashley and her men to stand down as you approach, despite not being their CO or even anything more than an ally of circumstance all three of them duck out of firing positions instantaneously, obeying the order before they even realize where it's from. Eat that Sizier, you were born to lead.

Ashley is of course rightfully inquisitive (to put it mildly) as to why you just ordered her men to stop shooting. Telling her that you just negotiated a truce does nothing to improve her mood. The conversation goes sharply downhill from there.

(Ashley will have to make a charisma check (difficulty 3) to override Tarran's order on her own men.) 

---

Ashley Fey

Reload, "A truce? with whom? If you mean who i think you mean you had better have a REAL GOOD explanation"

You stare disbelievingly at Captain Smith as he explains how he just decided to negotiated a truce with the most insane and dangerous thing you've ever heard of with a single deadhead, alone, in back room, where no one could see him. The man doesn't even know what he's fighting against and he's willing to talk to the damn thing as if it were a reasonable being.

You express you chagrin with his complete idiocy as politely as you're able, in the end he refuses to apologize for the truce and ends up blaming you for not being present. You resist the urge to punch him in the throat by reloading your rifle as slowly and precisely as possible.

The snipers in the hall are quiet, whether because they don't see anything worth putting a hole in or whether Tarran's 'truce' is good remains to be seen.

---

Taric Sizier

"It's coming from the walls themselves. You think you can get a bead on it? bloody thing is blanketing me out..."

You stare in Dominique's direction blankly when she informs you that she left her power-tools with some mites, this is probably one of those things that makes sense in context or it's a joke that you don't get. Either way it's irrelevant, she doesn't have the tools to break the wall down without crushing whoever is inside and you're having trouble narrowing it down to anything specific... [P.Empathetics 3] Listening psychically to every little nuance in the current of terror in the room you're able to narrow it down to the far wall, where on the far wall however is a matter of some mental debate.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom looked around. "Sorry, left all my power tools in the tunnels under a tower with some mites. I might could knock 'em down with my mind but anybody in 'em will be flattened." She shrugged. "Uh, anywhere, like, specific you feel this shit coming from? Maybe I could just break that part open or somethin'..."

Knocking down wall randomly might be possible with your growing abilities, but it certainly wouldn't help whoever was inside said walls when you started tearing them apart. Taric is however able to give you a specific wall after a moment of thinking and you step carefully around the mostly liquified deadhead and inspect the wall. [Observation 3+1] It is roughly eight feet tall, quite solid looking, and it meets with the floor and ceiling at right angles, all good traits for a wall to have. As with back on the unchained base the solid metal blocks your senses of whatever lies on the other side, making your best method of finding unseen objects useless. [intuition 3+2, profession] You're about to walk away when you notice a pair of slim metal gouges etched into the wall at about knee height, squatting down you run your fingers over them in recognition. Maintenance marks... Technocrats wouldn't want their workers to be using the main halls and getting seen by people who lived in rooms like these, they'd want them out of sight and out of mind.

[Str 3+1] You smash your boot into the mark, bringing a strained pop from the hatch's hidden lock and knocking it in enough that you see the near invisible seam where the door meets the wall.

---

James Evan

James started to get suspicious, attempting to see if there was any problem with modifying the dream.

In light of the fact that you're having trouble recognizing places from your own memory you decide it might be a good plan to see how much control you still have. You grunt as if lifting a heavy weight, straining to make this something more familiar, something you know. [Will 2-1] The room doesn't even blur a little around the edges. Granted sometimes this was hard to do before you had extra people in your head, but this still can't be a good sign.

You're somewhat surprised by the sound of breaking glass from behind you, making you whip back around to find the picture of Dominique on the desk broken, the screen leaking iridescent liquid from a massive crack on its face. Of slightly more concern however is the black tendril that did the breaking, it's about as thick as your wrist and tens of feet long, its trunk disappearing back into the floor on the other side of the desk. A dozen smaller tendrils sprout from it, growing and splitting as you watch like some kind of bizarre vine.

You feel a little cold inside just looking at it.

---

Blight

Jame's body followed Tarran out of the room, he'd wanted to be followed. He'd asked using a system of body language indicating friendship or at least camaraderie between them. [E/O 4] He'd die first, friends were weakness, they got you hurt and worse. You'd become this because of trust, but now you were strong enough that you didn't need trust anymore. They'd locked you away for years and years, testing, twisting, burning. Now it was time to burn back.

Footsteps quiet and precise the thing that was not James followed Tarran, freedom was in it's grasp.

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Politics and war shall make strange bedfellows.
« Reply #6065 on: October 22, 2011, 10:23:16 pm »

...Serious and Tarran will be of the highest quality, all of them are worth a read...
What, really? Honestly? I... never knew you thought that of my RTDs. I thought they were all crappy quality, personally, because often I just... don't have any flavor text and copy-paste is not out of the question for me. Are they really that good? ???

We've been getting the edge of a storm that's causing intermittent power failure, hence the lack of turn, I kept logging on and then getting spontaneously shut down just when I thought it was safe to boot up again.
Ouch.

I have however dug out the spare battery for my laptop and will be good to go for two hours and change.

Wait, if you loose power every so-so then how can you even get online? Is your internet satellite or something?

1. Yes, and everyone thinks their RTDs suck. Law of nature.

2. Came bundled with my cellphone plan, I don't even have a landline anymore.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: October 22, 2011, 10:26:03 pm »

"So, I guess we'll be away from the group for a while then?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: October 22, 2011, 11:15:58 pm »

@Draignean: Thanks. :3 I have a semi-solid opinion of my RTDs; I like Castlevania for the most part. I like the players, the setting, most of the mechanics like the class and weapon systems, and the way it's been going, but I hate that damn rolling system I came up with. So it's 80% good. ^^^ As for ASL, it's just a way to improve my skills as a writer by trying to fit everything together, and while I don't consider it a serious effort, I do enjoy running it which is the most important part.

@Tarran: No, Draignean's right. The only problem I had with the Westlands was, well... the luck rolls... but other than that it was good. ^^^ That's the only RTD of yours I can comment on, though. I thought about joining the dragon one but I didn't see it until like last week and I was like "damn that's a xbawks-hueg waitlist :\." You should take that as a good thing though; it means enough people like your game/writing enough to want to play. :3 You do a good job of handling a lot of rules.

"Probably, if you want to be wanderin' around these tunnels too," Dom said, looking at the wall where she kicked it and thinking hell yeah. "You'll be fine though. You're with me!" She thumped a fist to her collarbone and grinned. "If anyone on this team is good for keepin' the others safe, that's me." She knelt in front of the panel and started to open it. "It'll be dark in there, so we'll have to hold hands or somethin' so you don't get lost." Dom turned to him. "So let's say we do run across some poor slob. Should we bring 'em back to boss or what?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: October 22, 2011, 11:20:28 pm »

Sounds like Tarran has more to be suspicious of than James suddenly calling him "Boss"...

'Cause the Shadow sounds like it has some sinister plans on its mind concerning the team.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: October 22, 2011, 11:56:11 pm »

Ok men, we can pretend to hold this truce, but we still have a mission to do, remember?

edit: on the topic of other people's rtds, I should probably see about resurrecting/starting over one of mine, I kinda enjoy GMing em but if i miss an update for whatever reason it can be had to get going again
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 11:57:42 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: October 23, 2011, 12:14:00 am »

"So, anyone got some good jokes while we're waiting?"
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:40:53 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: October 23, 2011, 12:37:30 am »

"So, who wants to test if those... things are lying bastards or not via running across the hall?"

Just as a note it's only been roughly 2:30 since the events of last turn.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: October 23, 2011, 12:41:29 am »

Alright, then. Edited with a "slightly" more pointless action.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: October 23, 2011, 04:39:25 am »

"Depends if they're shooting at us."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: October 23, 2011, 07:37:08 pm »

James briefly thought "Oh CRAP that doesn't look good!" before he attempted to wake up, figuring out that something was horribly wrong again with his subconscious, and figuring that he was about to deal with his shadow again, he struggled with it for control of his body.

Contingency Actions:
If James wakes up and wins struggle in same turn:
James stood still for a moment before snapping back to attention. "Oh Jesus, Oh god...." He regained his composure a bit and started explaining. "...I need to explain something, really, really urgent. *takes breath* So when you found me on the ship, I was being mentally "interrogated" (Here James made air quotes) to join the Technocracy- being their prisoner. The torture seems to have left two things: a sentient subconscious that occasionally absorbed psionic things, and a brain fungus (which I learned about from said shadow), and which (James winced here) will drive me insane in three weeks and kill me in four. Dom had oriented me and the shadow proceeded to absorb it. Not only did this absorb the active part of the Orientation, it did screwy things to my brain- The shadow seems to have merged with Dom's memories, making it... part Dom... and insane, as well as messing up my subconscious space. And the shadow just tried to take over my body... Needless to say, this is bad."

If James wakes up and is still struggling for turn:
James took a notably different posture, clutching at his head. "Aaargh, oh god... No time to explain... dangerous thing in mind... trying to... gain... control of body..."
He was clearly struggling with somehting, and his will was being severely taxed by it. He closed his yes and took on a look of intense concentration, an intense mental struggle roiling in his mind. "...If you can... help... please."

If James wakes up and loses struggle in same turn:
James could only watch as the shadow took over his body while he was conscious. Mixing emotions of fear, despair, helplessness, and hatred for his shadow roiled through his head as he desperately tried to grab thoughts so he could figure out how to beat this thing. He'd failed beating it head-on, so he was going to need sublety. He attempted fearfully to move his hand to signal that he was under psionic attack and needed help, while hoping that he didn't stay like this.

If James stays asleep and wins struggle in same turn.
As James's body stayed up but didn;t move, eyes glazed/hit the ground, important things were going on in his mind. He'd successfully ripped the shadow back into his mind, and he engaged in another battle of wills to regain contorl of his body, moving the shadow in the path of the tendirls so they didn't hurt James. He projected intense will at his shadow, beads of mental sweat building up on his mental avatar. It was... HIS body, not the shadow's.

If James stays asleep and is still struggling.
JAmes had failed to bring the shadow into his mind-space, but he could sense it was weakened. So he applied mor epressure to it while running away from the tendrils, keeping multitasking in the face of... bad things. Oh... crap... he wouldn't die in mind or let it take his life. No. Way.

If James stays asleep and loses struggle in same turn:
He hadn't done anything. It still had his mind, and he hadn't woken up. CRAP. He had something important to worry about though: those tendrils. HE looked around for a weapon to find one, and grabbing it he swung at the tendrils, or if he couldn't find one, he attempted to grab and pull apart, beat and snap the tendrils in anyway he could, kicking at the source of the tendrils.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 602