Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529203 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Alas poor Taric, I knew him well.
« Reply #5745 on: September 29, 2011, 07:37:54 pm »

From Washington State, USA! ^.^

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: September 29, 2011, 07:41:53 pm »

Being a Liberal Atheist South-easterner is fairly...

Difficult. What with the place being mostly Protestant Republican'ts.

(Why does it accept Republican'ts without saying I spelled something wrong? \0-0/)
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: September 29, 2011, 09:49:41 pm »

I love being an aussie, we are not only so laid back over here, despite the recent floods and whatnot in Queensland, but we are all pretty friendly as well. Americans just seem to love us for some reason, as well as japan, or at least I think they do.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: September 29, 2011, 10:59:06 pm »

Pyro, I have the exact opposite of you. SO LIBERAL AROUND HERE. HArd for me to be conservative.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: September 30, 2011, 12:00:28 am »

@Pyro: Yes, it is. You must be one of them city-slickers I hear tell of so much. Sit down a spell. Anyway, my internet is capable of like 300kbps or so on a good day when nobody else is using it at all. :'( I mean I can play on-line, and sometimes there isn't even any lag! Sometimes. :-\ GoW3 is a little better though since it uses dedicated servers instead of P2P connection like RE5. Seriously though I do live out in the middle of nowhere. Can't get DSL out here. :(

@Zako: We (Americans) love you (Australians) because of Crocodile Dundee. :3 That and - more likely - everyone thinks your national accent is hot, right up there with Irish and Scottish, and Australia's a nice-looking country. Of course I'd never go because it's dangerous down there from what I hear and frankly the last thing anyone needs is a bumbling redneck snob stumbling around the joint wrecking things unintentionally and forcing everyone to watch Pod People - the MST3K version, of course, I'm not that cruel. :3

Anyway, off to watch TNA with bro. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: September 30, 2011, 12:02:56 am »

Hey, that doesn't really happen :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: September 30, 2011, 12:06:41 am »

Are you talking about this?

the last thing anyone needs is a bumbling redneck snob stumbling around the joint wrecking things unintentionally and forcing everyone to watch Pod People - the MST3K version, of course, I'm not that cruel. :3

Because I meant me. :P Wandering around, forcing bad movies on unassuming Australians...

Anyway, TNA. There will probably be an AJ Styles vs. Bobby Roode match tonight. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: September 30, 2011, 12:11:29 am »

I hardly think you're a redneck. You're on the 'net for one.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: September 30, 2011, 12:49:50 am »

I hardly think you're a redneck. You're on the 'net for one.

A point of interest for those who who do not live in the middle of nowhere, the term 'Redneck*' is not usually (or even often in some areas) derogatory when used by other rural folk. 'Hick' and 'MIP' are though.

*The phrase comes from the burned skin that comes from where a shirt with a loose collar combined with bending over and working all day, as such it is a certain mark of pride to have one.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: September 30, 2011, 02:06:36 am »

*The phrase comes from the burned skin that comes from where a shirt with a loose collar combined with bending over and working all day, as such it is a certain mark of pride to have one.

Strewth. :3

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: September 30, 2011, 04:09:28 am »

Cool, I never thought of it that way. Also, we get we get all sorts of people like that all the time, so we don't really mind if one more comes our way. And Australia is only dangerous if you do something stupid, like poking a snake with a stick for example, or if you go swimming at the beach on a bad day and you don't know what you are doing. Other than that, it's actually really nice and pretty damn safe compared to the rougher parts of America.

Plus, our government loves tourism. LOVES it. Just keep in mind, Australia is a damn big place, so plan out your trip before you go.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: September 30, 2011, 04:40:17 am »

1 month touring from Sydney to Cairns?

Now THAT was a fun trip.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: October 01, 2011, 12:19:57 am »

Tarran Smith

"First, tell me why your friends were smacking around my friends."

"Second, do you have any knowledge of what's happening in this entire facility? Everything appears to be going to hell."

Say the above, keep gun pointed in his general direction. Doesn't have to be at him, just in his direction.

You keep your rifle up and ready to fire as you question the seemingly friendly deadhead. "First, tell me why your friends were smacking around my friends."
The clone smiles and spreads hands. "I am the contingency. The other was the primary. Our Father will not allow you to leave before you serve the purpose. I am a mediator and negotiator."
Huh. Well it can happily negotiate with you after you're done with your questions. "Okay. That's great. Now second, do you have any knowledge of what's happening in this entire facility? Everything appears to be going to hell."
The deadhead shrugs. "I know only what I am given, the history of the conversion was not deemed necessary for me to know." It taps its head twice. "Only so much the He can give us to work with. Now, to business." It says, smoothing the dark suit of the security guard's body. "He is willing to extend a deal. One small service from you and you may leave this place freely, you may even take the ship you arrived in. Interested?"

---

Taric Sizier

"Damn, This like the good old days in the academy. Better get on with it though... So, what're you here for?"

You yawn yourself awake, massaging your temples in agitation. The difference between here and the academy is the fact that there isn't a hangover remedy that you can cook up in ten minutes in the other room. Grumbling you look at the person sitting beside you, they look to be in similar shape to yourself... "So, what're you here for?" You ask them, gesturing expansively at the rest of the room.  Curiously they mimic the gesture. Odd. Hmm. [int 4+1] Ah yes. That's because it's your own shadow. Damn.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom closed the door, took three steps back towards the way she had just came from, and kept her pistol focused on the area. If something were to come through the door now, at least she would have the drop on it. If nothing happened after about a minute or so, she would assume the area to be semi-safe and enter the room.

You close the door quickly and step away, if anything was inside it would definitely have noticed by now... You keep your gun focused on the door at about chest height, but a minute passes without incident and halfway through the next you drop your pistol into a half guard and walk back towards the door. When nothing else hideous happens you open the door fully in one quick motion and enter, pistol leading. [Observation 4+1]

The room is clear and neatly organized with a pleasing deficit of bodies, alive or dead. There are a couple of shelves on one wall, a small meal table packed into a corning, and largest of all in the room, an immersion chair. [Observation 4, 3 Intuition 5, 3+1 Luck 3 19/30. Above average result] You run a speed search through the shelves, mostly they contain a statuettes and awards but you also find a couple of energy cells in a box at one end. The rest of the room however seems devoid of objects that are useful to you.

---

James Evan

James didn't push off the dream- he wanted to talk to his shadow. Why had it eaten his ORientation, and why had he been able to pull those blades from nowhere?

You allow yourself to sink deeper into sleep, falling further into the recesses of your mind until the normal flickering dreams of half-sleep coalesce into the construct of the shadow. It takes you time to realize when you there though... things have changed a little. It isn't pretty.

The room is a bizarre fusion of the familiar apartment where it met you before and... a place you've never seen before. Impossible shapes and infinite angles seem to propagate where the ever shifting edges meet and twist. For a moment you fear that somehow the remnants of whatever the technocracy grew inside have grown out of control. Then you see him. You. Except it doesn't bear much resemblance to you now.

She stands an inch shorter than you, blond hair cut to her shoulders and a face that is a strange and not unpleasant fusion of your own face and Dominique's. There's something cold about her though, Dominique may be an engine of destruction and feminine violence personified, but she's anything but cold. This thing is... a weapon.
And it looks pretty pissed at you.

[Shadow Dex 2 Vs James Reflex 3] It charges at you, both hands grabbing for your collar in attempt to lift you off your feet. You're quick to grab her wrists however and keep the insane woman, thing, you, it, whatever, at arms length.

"What did you do to me?!" It screams at you, its dual toned voice hoarse and somehow ragged in the dream.

Uh. Well... This could take some explaining.

---

Ashley Fey

Ash drags tarric out of the room with the tempting computors

"And now he's talking to his own shadow." Jordan observed as he watched Taric's progress towards consciousness, his voice deadpan. "You said something about giving him a gun Harry?"
You roll your eyes and walk over to Taric, [Str 5 Vs End 1] grabbing him by the back of the collar and hauling him bodily out of the room and back out into the light of the hall. The last thing you need now is to have him think he's a great hacker while he's still trying to sort out whether his fingers are edible or not.

Absently you wonder whether slapping him vigorously would help. 

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: October 01, 2011, 12:25:51 am »

"Bloody hell, leggo of me!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: October 01, 2011, 01:19:31 am »

Dom took the energy cells. If one of her guns couldn't use them, maybe someone else could. Looks like this place is cashed. Maybe I should rejoin the rest, a girl could get herself in trouble out here alone. A bar fight? Yeah, she could handle herself. Squad-based gunplay? Might be nice to have boss and the others watching her back. She left the room and headed back towards where she thought Tarran had went to save Taric.
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 602