Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529263 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Alas poor Taric, I knew him well.
« Reply #5715 on: September 25, 2011, 08:12:18 am »

Physics vs. James.

Physics win. Flawless victory.

TRANQUILITY!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: September 25, 2011, 09:36:12 am »

Ahahaha. I figured it would be more of a distraction then anything else. Which it was. So that's fine.

James woozily got up and clutched at his head. "Argh, I HATE stun pistols..." HE turned to the door Taric was trying to open. "Anyone wonder what's behind that door?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: September 25, 2011, 07:00:53 pm »

Behind the door?

At least 5 deadheads, all with stun pistols!

And more inactive but slowly reactivating deadheads.

All with (you guessed it!) STUN PISTOLS.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: September 25, 2011, 08:25:33 pm »

Behind the door?

At least 5 deadheads, all with stun pistols!

And more inactive but slowly reactivating deadheads.

All with (you guessed it!) STUN PISTOLS.

They're security, it didn't make sense to give them immediately lethal weaponry.
At least not until you get cleared as a credible threat.

Everyone here? Good.

TO THE TURN MOBILE!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: September 25, 2011, 08:29:44 pm »

I believe "Nananananananananananananana" is appropriate here? Or am I wrong about that?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: September 25, 2011, 08:34:32 pm »

As long as it's the old batman theme music and not the funny chicken.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: September 26, 2011, 12:08:23 am »

Tarran Smith

"That's how we get it done, people!" Tarran says, putting his 'rifle back and smacking his hands together.

"Someone help James up, I'll get Taric."

Put all weapons back in previous positions. Then check Taric.

After noticing that he's sleeping, smack his face around a little.

All in all that went better than it could have, Taric seems to be the only one down and that's not exactly a tragedy in the strictest sense. After you make certain that the deadhead at your feet is completely dead you walk over to where Taric is napping on the floor. His breathing is regular and he doesn't have any bleeding wounds. Unless something got broken more than normal in his head you'd guess he's fine. You smack him a little but he just mumbles something unintelligible. With nothing to be gained from that avenue of stimulating conversation you sit tight and wait for Taric to show some sign of life. [Stamina 4] (Stamina +8)

---

Dominique Wakeman

lol, yeah. Well, you know.

Dom holstered the Fuath and took the Abassy back out, using her now-free hand to scoop up the damaged rifle so she could put it on her back with her other weapons. Wonder if any more of those things are around... hell, I wonder where the others got to. She exhaled forcefully through her nose and left the room, electing to turn left and continue down the hallway for now to scope it out... but cautiously. She wasn't about to run straight ahead into an ambush. No, she was going to take her time and carefully examine the area with each step. Just in case.

With the fresh corpse hissing softly away in the background you grab the rifle it was carrying, you're becoming a walking armory but they do seem to come handy, and after you scrape some stray corrosive off it you sling it back with the other weapons.

You cough a breath out of your bruised throat as the acrid stench of the corrosive goo and melting chitin fills the room, now way in hell you're staying in here to paw through dead people's stuff with that right there, you've been on shift long enough to know not to stay in enclosed spaces with bubbly fluids. You exit quickly, turning left to check the rest of the hall out. You do however reload the abassy and keep it up while you check the place.

The corridor is otherwise unremarkable, same four doors as are in the Hallway in the far north, same dead end. Prefab technocrat stuff, identical in composition if not in contents.

---

Taric Sizier

Sleep.

You continue to rest on the floor, the stunned stupor of being shocked into unconsciousness finally fading into true sleep. [Stamina 4] (+12 Stamina) You dream about the wings of butterflies gently beating against your face in an idyllic meadow of spring grass and orangutangs with harpsichords.

Huh.

(You can now wake up at no additional penalty to being exhausted.)

---

James Evans

James woozily got up and clutched at his head. "Argh, I HATE stun pistols..." HE turned to the door Taric was trying to open. "Anyone wonder what's behind that door?"

You pull yourself back up to your feet, swaying a little as your head swims with the sudden altitude change. [Speech 1] You attempt to inquire about the door that Taric is napping next to, your tongue however has other ideas and it is spectacularly non-compliant with your commands. "Annnhon whant that buhind?" You remark intelligently to Jordan as he steadies you and takes stock of your injuries. He tells you to shut up and get some rest. It sounds like a good plan.

You lean back against the wall of the room and let energy and life slowly seep back into your bones. [Stamina 5] (Stamina +10)

---

Ashley Fey, Jordan Grey, Harry Nakamuno

Ashley and the gang focus on helping the injured people

Jordan nods and goes to check up on James, Harry deactivates the majority of his implants and sheathes his blades before walking over to where Tarran kneels beside Taric. You meanwhile make sure that you're still fully functional, testing each system in quick succession to make sure nothing got knocked out. [Regen 5-1=4] Everything seems to still be functional and your regenerators seem to be working normally, an hours rest and you'll be right as rain.
Of course the likelihood of getting an hours rest seems to be about nil.

Jordan returns first, looking a combination of bemused and frustrated. "I shall never cease to wonder what people actually mean when they speak with debilitating injuries... Blondie is fine, he's woozy and he'll be sore all over when more of his brain starts working, but there isn't a lot a I can do for him." He shrugs slightly and looks over to Harry and Tarran. "I'd guess from the lack of screaming and emotion that Taric is fine too, though he looks out of it."

Harry himself confirms Jordan's suspicions when he comes back. "Kid is fine, took a couple knocks to the head but aside from the bruising he's just recovering from the stun. Should be good to at least walk in a straight line and shoot where he's told in a few." He frowns though, obviously trying to figure out how to say something unpleasant.
"For god's sake speak freely and spit it out Harry." You say before he decides to shut up and brood stoically for the next week.
 Harry nods gratefully "It was however a near thing, if we hadn't arrived exactly when we had he'd be a hostage, and we can't afford to get pulled into the mess that would make." He sighs and rubs his knuckles. "I like their captain, they're a loose bunch but they've got good hearts... But good hearts don't mean that we should be sticking with them and holding their hands. We're wasting resources pulling their bacon out of fires, Fey, I know you want to help them but... we have our own work."

Jordan raises an eyebrow but remains silent.

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: September 26, 2011, 12:10:07 am »

Wake up.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: September 26, 2011, 12:29:16 am »

Wake up.
Dammit, I was going to make a stupid but potentially hilarious remark. :(

Whatever, I'll do it anyway.

Tarran puts his mouth down to Taric's ear and says: "TARIC THERE'S NAKED GIRLS WAKE UP!"

Then, go into the room behind Taric, Jormungandr drawn.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: September 26, 2011, 12:46:40 am »

Need that LR rifle in mah inventory. :3

Dom sidled up to the closest door on the northern wall and got ready to open it. Once she did, she was going to peek around it and assess the situation; if the room looked clear, she would advance and search it. If the room was occupied, she was throwing down a smoke grenade to blind who/whatever was in it, then opening fire with the Abassy as she closed to melee range.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: September 26, 2011, 02:45:42 am »

Look Harry, until and unless we find a way out before we find our target, we may as well stick with them, gonna be, as a whole, less likely any of us will die that way, although I would like that man so stop running off on his own, "You hear that Tarric I'm getting sic of saving you from you're own mistakes, stop running off"!
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: September 26, 2011, 05:14:33 pm »

ZZZZZ
Sleeeeep

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: September 27, 2011, 01:37:24 am »

Tarran Smith

Tarran puts his mouth down to Taric's ear and says: "TARIC THERE'S NAKED GIRLS WAKE UP!"

Then, go into the room behind Taric, Jormungandr drawn.

Sleeping beauty here needs to wake up, and you know just the way... [Speech 4] You lean in close until you're an inch away from his ear and then yell into it at full volume, "TARIC THERE'S NAKED GIRLS WAKE UP!". Surprisingly it works and both of Taric's eyes pop open simultaneously, focusing intently on the ceiling. He blinks several times and then sits up, grumbling something about stripper orangutangs.   

Well despite the fact that Taric is still insane he seems to be alright, you clap him forcefully on the shoulder and then get up. There aren't anymore deadheads pouring in, but it would be a good idea to check. Cautiously you shoulder your assault rifle and advance through the door behind Taric.

As you step out of the lights cast by the flickering holos and into the Darkness of the adjoining room your augmented vision takes over. The room is much larger than the room behind you, large upright canisters roughly seven feet in height line most of the walls while standing readouts beside them display a series of scrolling numbers. [Int 4] Holding tanks for the deadheads, each tube is equipped with air exchange, waste disposal, nutrient feeds, netjack, semi-cryo, and charge socket for one unit. With one of these systems a deadhead could theoretically keep for thirty or so years, at least as long as the feeds didn't clog or get contaminated. You can see evidence of what happens when said feeds do get clogged pressed up against the translucent fronts of several of the tanks, shriveled and rotten bodies. Not a way to go.

You notice something strange though, one of the tanks is still reading vitals on its deadhead rather than the flatline of the other tanks, the tank is also empty.

"Missing something?" The remaining deadhead asks from its formerly motionless perch in the opposite corner of the room. Understandably you whip around and point a gun at its head the instant you realize it's there. "Relax son, I'm unarmed. I'm just here to talk."

Uh huh. That sounds likely.

---

Taric Sizier

Wake up.

You rest in the field for a little while, admiring the song and dance of the simple yet beautiful monkeys. It is interrupted however by the voice of God himself roaring down something about Naked Women. Immediately all of orangutangs simultaneously grow breasts and start poledancing with the trees. The sight actually manages to surprise you into opening your actual eyes, shattering the visions of orange women and replacing it with view of a ceiling.

Blearily you sit up and rub your eyes, dimly becoming aware that you brain is pounding and that your head smells liking burning hair. Intergalactic terrorism seems surprisingly like your academy days.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom sidled up to the closest door on the northern wall and got ready to open it. Once she did, she was going to peek around it and assess the situation; if the room looked clear, she would advance and search it. If the room was occupied, she was throwing down a smoke grenade to blind who/whatever was in it, then opening fire with the Abassy as she closed to melee range.

A little wiser this time you approach the next door and pull it open enough to peek through. [Observation 2] The door slides grudgingly open enough for you to get an eyeball in, but whoever did the decor did it in dark colors... You can't tell a lot other than that.

---

James Evan

ZZZZZ
Sleeeeep

Your rest against the back wall edges into sleep as your legs slide slowly forwards until you're in a sitting position. Your head lolls forward as blissful rest claims you. [Stamina 5+1] (+18 Stamina)

Well mostly blissful, you can feel the edges of a shadow dream begin to build hazily... It's different this time though, for one you can feel it coming, and for another it feels as if you could push it away or at least try.

---

Ashley Fey

Look Harry, until and unless we find a way out before we find our target, we may as well stick with them, gonna be, as a whole, less likely any of us will die that way, although I would like that man so stop running off on his own, "You hear that Tarric I'm getting sic of saving you from you're own mistakes, stop running off"!

Harry Nods and grimaces "Aye Ma'am."  Well hopefully that will keep that settled until Tarran's team can make a few returns on investment. You do however make sure to give Taric a mildly harsh word. He seems unfazed and merely continues to stare at random objects without really focusing on them.

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: September 27, 2011, 01:45:19 am »

"Damn, This like the good old days in the academy. Better get on with it though... So, what're you here for?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: September 27, 2011, 01:56:45 am »

"First, tell me why your friends were smacking around my friends."

"Second, do you have any knowledge of what's happening in this entire facility? Everything appears to be going to hell."

Say the above, keep gun pointed in his general direction. Doesn't have to be at him, just in his direction.

"Damn, This like the good old days in the academy. Better get on with it though... So, what're you here for?"
Who are you talking to?
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 602