Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529276 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Alas poor Taric, I knew him well.
« Reply #5700 on: September 24, 2011, 02:55:03 pm »

Huh, you once again modified another post.

And added... more stuff... still.

Not that I have anything against more stuff, but... have you ever thought you're adding too much stuff? I could see this kind of workload killing multiple RTDs, and adding more doesn't help... I mean, I'm just a player and even I can't keep track of all the stuff.

Or are you so addicted to this RTD that you're willing to run it to the ends of the earth regardless of how much stuff you add? :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: September 24, 2011, 03:15:54 pm »

Huh, you once again modified another post.

And added... more stuff... still.

Not that I have anything against more stuff, but... have you ever thought you're adding too much stuff? I could see this kind of workload killing multiple RTDs, and adding more doesn't help... I mean, I'm just a player and even I can't keep track of all the stuff.

Or are you so addicted to this RTD that you're willing to run it to the ends of the earth regardless of how much stuff you add? :P

Tarran I am addicted to complexity.

I know the end of this story, I derive pleasure from the dialogue you create and the situations that arise, but the story itself is finished from the moment I created it.

Now for me the joy is to craft and refine the clockwork that runs behind it, an endless series of equation designed to simulate the tiniest portion of a reality that doesn't exist.

If it makes you feel better I could keep it in my proverbial pants and merely show you the results instead of the process, I thought it would be a courtesy to let you see the ways things worked though.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: September 24, 2011, 03:26:19 pm »

Well, if you say you like complexity, then by all means go ahead. I have little more against complexity besides worrying of GMs getting overburdened. Really.

But remember, if this RTD ever dies due to overcomplexity, I will be a very disappointed and sad panda.

As for showing only the results, I'm fine with seeing the process. Though I will admit I cannot hope to try to remember everything that goes into it.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: September 24, 2011, 04:14:40 pm »

Aye. Much as I enjoy them myself I think I'm going to be getting out of playing them, too much disappointment.  This one will not end until it is resolved, it is mine and that much I can promise.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: September 25, 2011, 01:22:30 am »

Tarran Smith, Jordan Grey, James Evan, Harry Nakamuno, Ashley Fey

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Harry slings the wolfkin back and extends the foot long titanium-crystal blades from his forearms, pushing still more energy through the weave of implants running through his already considerable musculature. The result is a hell of a good blender impersonation. He charges the deadhead that put Ashley down, [Dex 4+1] sprinting across low and rising in a pair of full bodied slashes. [Melee 3, 2+1 Vs Dodge 2] [Brawl 3+1, 4+1] The razor sharp blades propelled by 350 pounds of augmented flesh and steel cut the Deadhead down where it stands, or more accurately, stood. (Deadhead 5 armor -6, -5 Hp -32 -28)

Tarran meanwhile drops the SMGs back in favor of the larger Jorm, unslinging it from his back in brutal clubbing motion. [Melee 2 Vs deadhead Dodge 4] Said brutal motion brutally brutalizes the innocent air a foot away from the deadhead. Hmm. That was in no way what you had intended to do.

The first deadhead to react fires on the only aggressor to do anything remotely effective, Harry. [Quickshot 4] The bolt strikes the bloody soldier in the side, strangely distorted and wobbily in the energy field surrounding him. (Damage 24, half damage dealt to charge. 12 damage soaked by armor.)

Ashley [Dex 4] dexterously leaps back to her feet despite her heavy armor and extends her own –slightly smaller- set of close encounter blades. Charging she attacks the deadhead that just shot Harry, sweeping both blades together in a double stab. [Melee 2+1, 4 Vs Dodge 3] [Brawl 6+1] [Confirm critical 5 Vs armor 2, confirmed] The deadhead manages to slip one blade by a half an inch, but only to move its beating heart into the path of the other. Vital blood flows freely as you kick it off the end of the blade. (Damage 154, Armor -2, Health -152)   [Regen 1-1=0]

[Stamina 2] (Stamina +2) From his place on the floor James [End 4-1] pulls himself up unsteadily, slurring out a barely intelligible sentence and charging the remaining deadhead down. Well shambling at it anyway. [Melee 2-1 Vs Dodge 2] He slugs at it heavily and misses by a mile. [Dex 1] The blow however takes him off-balance and he crashes back to the floor. ”Grvvity is a hrsh mistrssss.” He remarks groggily while face-first in the floor. 

Jordan takes the attack of opportunity and shoots the deadhead in the chest while it attempts to analyze what the hell James just tried to do. [Quickshot 3+1] The newly repaired barrel burns a blast hole in the deadhead’s armor and knocks it off its feet. (Deadhead Armor -4 Hp -15)

”That was your version of ‘stay back and drag any wounded to safety’?” Ash inquires ”You’re supposed to be a medic.”
Jordan shrugs and grins ”You can think of it as proactive medicine if you like.”

(Deadheads 3, 4, and 5 have been terminated.)

Spoiler: Enemy loot (click to show/hide)

---

Taric Sizier

Rest a bit more.

[Stamina 5] (Stamina +5) Floor. Comfortable. Rest here now. Not much else passes through your mind as you drool on the metal tiling.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom holstered the Abassy and scooped up her Fuath once more. "Go to hell, you son of a bitch," she said, spraying the armor down with corrosive acid. It wasn't getting back up if she could help it - and if she was overreacting and it really was dead, well, better safe than sorry, right?

After you get your breath back you grab the Fuath back off the floor, making careful certainty that it is in fact in working order this time before you fire. Snarling around a bruised throat you wish the twitching thing on the floor a merry trip to wherever the fuck greenish stains go when they die. Then you coat the damn thing in acid from head to toe, slowly melting it into oblivion.

You can feel it screaming as it dies. You have a hard time feeling sympathetic.

(Emaciated immortal has been killed.)

Spoiler: Enemy Loot (click to show/hide)

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:22:08 am by Draignean »
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: September 25, 2011, 01:39:40 am »

I'm betting Dom is feeling glad she took that Abassy. It really is a hardcore gun.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: September 25, 2011, 01:40:59 am »

"That's how we get it done, people!" Tarran says, putting his 'rifle back and smacking his hands together.

"Someone help James up, I'll get Taric."

Put all weapons back in previous positions. Then check Taric.

After noticing that he's sleeping, smack his face around a little.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: September 25, 2011, 02:52:50 am »

lol, yeah. Well, you know.

Dom holstered the Fuath and took the Abassy back out, using her now-free hand to scoop up the damaged rifle so she could put it on her back with her other weapons. Wonder if any more of those things are around... hell, I wonder where the others got to. She exhaled forcefully through her nose and left the room, electing to turn left and continue down the hallway for now to scope it out... but cautiously. She wasn't about to run straight ahead into an ambush. No, she was going to take her time and carefully examine the area with each step. Just in case.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:12:50 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: September 25, 2011, 03:02:57 am »

Wait, Serious, you're going to ignore the assault rifle that duder had when your character thought it was strange?

And you're also not going to bring it to me? D:

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: September 25, 2011, 03:05:15 am »

I don't see any loot, so therefore it got melted when I killed the guy. If Draignean says it's still there I'll take it, though...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: September 25, 2011, 03:06:59 am »

Nooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: September 25, 2011, 03:08:09 am »

Actually I just have the bad habit of not listing loot until someone looks for it, same way there are 6 damaged suits of body armor, 6 partially discharged disruptor pistols, and 6 stun batons in the room with the others.

Give me a couple minutes and I'll draw the loot tables up.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: September 25, 2011, 03:11:58 am »

All right, then I'll edit my turn so Dom takes it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: September 25, 2011, 03:57:14 am »

Ashley and the gang focus on helping the injured people
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: September 25, 2011, 04:14:40 am »

Sleep.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 602