Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529448 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Alas poor Taric, I knew him well.
« Reply #5625 on: September 18, 2011, 06:03:04 am »

He is pulling your leg, what he said is only the case on the WEST coast
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: September 18, 2011, 06:37:32 am »

People die of funnelweb bites in sydney every year. It's a nasty problem, but thankfully we have it somewhat in hand. And I wasn't joking about the barricades, pretty much every door in sydney is close to the ground to stop the bastards crawling in. And they aren't small spiders! Their fangs alone are about 2 cm long each. Big, black, hairy and ill tempered, thats the easy way to describe a funnelweb.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: September 18, 2011, 06:42:42 am »

...And you live there voluntarily? ???
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: September 18, 2011, 07:01:43 am »

May i respond to that with a question?

You live in a country where ANYONE is allowed to own a gun? Voluntarily?
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: September 18, 2011, 08:25:08 am »

I'd be happy to loan you my magnum if you need help with those damn spiders. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: September 18, 2011, 08:31:58 am »

What I am saying is that I would be frikin scared of living somewhere that just anyone can get a gun, you are used to it however, just like I am used to the spiders, and frankly spiders have killed less people than psychos with guns, now i know that most of you guys don't just go arround shooting people, but it only takes one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: September 18, 2011, 08:37:10 am »

I suppose. Frankly I don't like spiders of any kind, poisonous or not. :-\ It might make me seem like a wuss, I dunno, I just can't stand the things. I don't really like most insects though...

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: September 18, 2011, 10:30:05 am »

Hmmm.

I didn't see any spiders at all when I went to Australia for a month. Including about a week in Sydney...

Am I lucky, or are they just really, really good at not being seen?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: September 18, 2011, 10:36:33 am »

God, I'm barely resisting from pitching in my political view.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: September 18, 2011, 10:42:22 am »

Good on ya. ^^^ We need less political talk, I always say.

(SeriousConcentrate approves. +5)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: September 18, 2011, 03:37:45 pm »

(Wolfchild approves. +5)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: September 18, 2011, 03:59:18 pm »

(Wolfchild approves. +5)

Mildly ironical there Wolf considering that you would be the instigator of the politicalization, but I too agree and approve. No politics that aren't 50+ years dead in my thread.

Well, we're running now!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: September 18, 2011, 06:28:17 pm »

Tarran Smith, Jordan Grey, Harry Nakamuno, and Ashley Fey

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Tarran charges first, [Dex 4+1] drawing both SMGs and firing at the same time as he drops his shoulder and smashes into the Deadhead that shot Harry. [Improbable Aim 5, no penalties.] [Quickshot 4+1+1, 3+1+1, Fire Control 5+1, 5+1] Despite firing on the run both weapons bore in perfectly, (Deadhead 2 Armor -5, -4, -3, -3, -2, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1 Deadhead HP -2, -6, -3, -7, -7, -8, -8, -9, -9, -10) staggering the guard forwards as the small rounds tear away its armor rip it bloody from behind. [Strength 2+1 Vs Deadhead end 5] His momentum carrying into the forth clone with enough force to... do nothing at all. The clones were built broad and the impact of Tarran's smaller form makes it blink once. 

The deadhead that shocked Taric into submission turns its attention back into the main of the room, [1-3: 3, Tarran] firing at Tarran as he blows away the Deadhead beside it. [Quickshot 2] Its unsteady aim missing him as he smashes into the other guard.

Meanwhile the deadhead that Tarran so ineffectively charged fires at him point blank, [Quickshot 4+2 Vs Tarran precognition 3+2] the disruptor arc crossing the three inches of intervening air and striking Tarran in the sternum. [Passive Shield 4+2 25 points] (Tarran Psy.Shield -5, Armor -12, Stamina -5) The searing bolt is painful through the armor, but more irritating painful than crippling.

With Tarran blocking his shot Harry switches over to the Deadhead that Tarran just ripped, [Quickshot 3+1, Fire control 2+1+1] landing a single slug heavy round in its shoulder.  (Deadhead 2 Armor -1, Hp -23) The badly wounded deadhead is knocked off balance by the massive round, crumpling to the ground as its damaged body is no longer able to support it.   

Ashley comes in the door behind the others, drawing her not-so-shiny new pistol and shooting the most wounded Deadhead she can safely hit. [Quickshot 4+1]  (Deadhead 5 armor -8, Hp -8) Knocking it back a little as the bullet squashes against its armor.

The deadhead however takes being shot personally and retaliates in kind. [Quickshot 6] [Confirm critical 3 Vs Armor 2, confirmed.] [Stromcrow 2, damage reduced by 10] (35x2=70-10= 60 Armor -23, HP -37) Its shot hits Ashley dead center in the chest, knocking her off her feet as it shorts out half her cybernetics for a moment. 

The last deadhead shoots [1-4: Ashley -Bad luck lass-] Ashley while she's down. [Quickshot 6 -Jeezus-]  [Confirm 3 Vs Armor 4 -Thank god-, confirm failed.]  [Stormcrow 3, Damage reduced by 15] (25-15= 10, Armor -10) The bolt connects obliquely with her armor, and is scattered by her defensive implants and the shielded curvature of her combat armor.

(Ashley prone, Deadhead 2 Killed.)

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom abandoned the idea of psionics in favor of the one thing that had never let her down: the Abassy. She put the barrel against the Immortal's chest and pulled the trigger as many times as she could as fast as she could. If it didn't retreat, it was certainly going to be injured after this.

Spoiler: initiative (click to show/hide)

[Dex 5+1 Vs Immortal Dex 3] You drop the chemical thrower and pull the Abassy out of its holster on your hip, pressing the oversized pistol directly under its chin before it can move. "Choke this." You growl around the rifle pressed against your throat, then you pull the trigger until the Abassy stops firing. [Quickshot 4+2-1, 3+2-1-1, Empty] (21x2=41 30x2=60,  Immortal Armor -15, -13  HP -26 -47) The Abassy blows a pair of surprisingly neat holes in its head and the pressure against your throat immediately abates. The immortals slips backwards jerkily and then falls away, twitching all over but otherwise down. 

Choking breath back into your lungs you lean back against the wall and just breathe for a moment. [intuition 2+1] Watching the thing twitch and jerk you get the feeling that it isn't entirely dead yet... You've just crippled it.

(Emaciated Immortal Host Killed)

---

James Evan

[Stamina 4] (Stamina +4) You groan audibly as you roll over onto your back... You can feel consciousness at the edges of your somewhat pained mind but getting shot made things a little fuzzy... You can sort of see fuzzy grey shapes through half open eyes.

(You'll be able to act at penalty next round.)

---

Taric Sizier

[Stamina 5] (Stamina +5) You blink once and become painfully aware of the fact that only one person is holding you up by the arm now, torquing your shoulder at a hideously uncomfortable angle. It takes you a couple of minutes to realize that the smell of burning hair is coming from you. Ow.

(You'll be able to act at penalty next round.)

Spoiler: Enemy (Dominique) (click to show/hide)

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 06:38:12 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: September 18, 2011, 06:30:42 pm »

Rest a bit more.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: September 18, 2011, 06:39:33 pm »

Well, our spiders are somewhat smart in that they know we will kill them if we see them, so they do like to sneak around a lot. One of their favourite tatics is hiding in shoes. Quite nasty that one, and it also makes one paranoid.

And no, I don't live in sydney. I used to, but my parents decided to move to QLD. Up here, we have more tropical things and a lot less deadly spiders. We have dropbears and hoop snakes, which are just as deadly.
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 602