Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529490 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Alas poor Taric, I knew him well.
« Reply #5535 on: September 13, 2011, 07:59:07 am »

20 stamina for 300 pounds and if I can be specific with my telekinetic grapple, get him by the head and fling it back and down so it crashes against the ground.

You can but the base penalty will be -2 instead of -1.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: September 13, 2011, 09:13:14 am »

Makes sense... guess I'll just stick with the generic grab and toss, then.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: September 13, 2011, 05:16:58 pm »

James made a quick choice, with a bit of I'm-going-to-die-anyway explanation beforehand... "Well, you look like the boss around here, nd I'll die anyway if I get captured..." James attempted to cave the thing's head in before the deadheads shot him up.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: September 13, 2011, 08:27:58 pm »

Alright, I've just given blood and I'm advised not to take any strenuous activities, I'm taking that as an excuse to run another turn. ;D

P.S Thanks for your patience earlier guys, I know updates aren't as regular as they used to be, but I'll do what I can.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: September 13, 2011, 08:28:38 pm »

Ah, no worries about it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: September 13, 2011, 08:32:17 pm »

P.S Thanks for your patience earlier guys, I know updates aren't as regular as they used to be, but I'll do what I can.
To tell you the truth, I was about ready to shoot myself because no other RTDs that I'm in were updating, including this one. D:

Anyway, updates can go on your own time. I'm in no place to complain having taken 5 days to update mine.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: September 13, 2011, 08:50:03 pm »

Thanks guys, who knows maybe if I'm feeling wild and giddy later I'll throw part of the terrible book that came out of this at you later.

On another note: Congrats powder, looking at your action I find that to be just the sort of crazy ass, shot in the dark, brash move that your shadow would throw its full support behind.

You rolled a 4+1 for your kinetics roll if you wondered.

---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: September 13, 2011, 10:32:07 pm »

Ahahaha "LEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYY PPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCC"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: September 13, 2011, 10:59:08 pm »

James Evan

James made a quick choice, with a bit of I'm-going-to-die-anyway explanation beforehand... "Well, you look like the boss around here, nd I'll die anyway if I get captured..." James attempted to cave the thing's head in before the deadheads shot him up.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

[Dex 5 Vs Scion Reflex 1, James initiative +30, Scion initiative -20, deadhead initiative -10] Well, perhaps its time to make your peace with God... better to go down fighting than to give these things an inch. Not one damn inch. It's been too damn long, too long making safe choices, too long letting what was cold and logical define you... Time to wake up and fight, and hell have mercy on whoever gets in your way. "Well, you look like the boss around here, and I'll die anyway if I get captured... Doesn't look like I've got much of a choice does it?" You say, shifting your weight forwards slightly.
The deadhead smiles coldly "No you don't really, now-"

You never let him get past that word as you bound forwards, yelling at the top of your lungs and throwing yourself at the deadhead holding a gun on Taric- punch-gun leading. [P.Kinetics 4+1-2, 4+1-2, Blade A, 1/2", 2kN. Blade B, 1/2, 2kN, targets Deadhead 4 and 5] (-40 Stamina) You feel something inside you roar with you as you leap through the air, propelling yourself over Taric to strike at the stunned Deadhead. [Melee 2+1-1, Vs Scion dodge 1 (Bonus negated)] Your flying punch catches it completely by surprise and it merely stares with a complete lack of comprehension as your fist smashes into its head and bears both of you to the ground. [Brawl 4+2] (Scion Armor -10, Scion HP -33x10=330+10%=363 damage) The fifty-cal bound to your wrist rips the back of its head off, spraying pieces of skull and advanced electronics across the floor. You roll to your feet and prepare to engage the deadheads holding Taric when a feeling like letting loose a breath that you didn't know you were holding lashes out at both of them at once, (Deadhead 4, Armor -10 Hp -38)(Deadhead 5 Armor -10 Hp -44) tearing gashes in the armor and flesh of their backs.

Despite the vicious psionic blow the deadhead holding Taric's left shoulder had enough sense programmed into it to drop him and swing back around to face you. You may have thrown off its careful aim with your acrobatic stunt but that doesn't mean it isn't dangerous, [Quickshot 3 Vs James Precognition 4] and you're forced to dodge out of the way as it fires. Your limbs feel heavier though and you are curiously light headed as you recover from your dodge.

Another of the deadheads from the wall re-orients on you and fires, [Quickshot 5 Vs Precognition 4] and this time you're a touch too slow. The crackling bolt catches you in the shoulder as you try to throw yourself out of the way, making your arm and jerk wildly as it shocks the bejeezus out of you. (Armor - 8 Stamina -17) [James Stamina 1]  Your head whips back from the discharge and slams into the wall behind you, the impacts makes you see flashing lights for a moment and then everything goes dark.

(Deadhead 6 killed)

---

Tarran Smith

"Damn... we'll never get to them this way... Hmm... how about I try smacking on the door again like I did the other?"

Smack on the door like I smacked the other one. "HEY OH! WHAT 'CHA 'DOIN IN THERE?"

You pound on the door. Nothing spectacular happens.  Shrugging you listen for a response anyway...[Observation 4] You don't here a reply but you do hear one yell of defiance, a gunshot, and then silence... never good sounds to hear in sequence.

----

Dominique Wakeman

Dom gritted her teeth. No way, no how, was she losing to this thing. "Get the fuck off me, bastard," she said, attempting to shove him back physically while she tried another psionic attack.

Spoiler: initiative (click to show/hide)

Gasping for air as the thing presses the rifle across your throat you attempt to summon the force to hurl him into next week.
[A.Kinetics 2+1-1] (-10 Stamina) Your mind however is slightly preoccupied with being choked to death, little sparkles float across your vision as you try to remember how the hell you're supposed to throw anyone with your mind...

[Str 5+1 Vs Dominique End 3] The thing is stronger than would seem possible on its frail looking limbs, and it presses the rifle across your throat with an iron grip, slowly but surely increasing the pressure, and by extension decreasing the amount of air getting to your lungs. (-1 penalty on break the hold through brute force, you'll take stamina damage next turn)

---

Taric Sizier

SLEEP!

[Stamina 2] (Stamina +2) You rise up one layer of unconsciousness as you feel a dull impact in one of your shoulders, much as you struggle to rise into wakefulness you quickly fall back down into complete blackness.

---

Ashley Fey

Ashley, Mechanical Bypass time, Jordan+Harry, Guns blazing, Harry first with aegis up

Considering that brute force just failed it was time for finesse. [Mech 5, Dex 3, int 5+1, Luck 4 18/15 progress] Kneeling down you drill the door in the approximate location of the circuit for the locking magnets, if you can put a break in that you can disable the door's ability to seal... It takes maybe twenty seconds to get the drill in far enough to get a spike in, from there its just a question of timing which is something you have in abundance. You break the circuit with a practiced motion and drip in a bead of glass to keep the circuit from patching itself, not bad for less than a minute of work.

Motioning Harry and Jordan to get ready you start to pull the door all the way open, setting your weight against it all at once to slide it completely open.

---

Jordan Grey, Harry Nakamuno

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Harry and Jordan Charge through together and open fire on the first standing target they see. Jordan fires first, [Quickshot 1][luck 4] the last minute repairs he made to the rifle though don't quite work out as intended and the rifle fails to fire properly. A curse and quick round of percussive maintenance and the gun is back in order though.

Harry is slightly slower on the draw but he still selects a target and lets loose a trio of heavy rounds, [Quickshot 3] [Fire control 6+1] tearing three large holes in the deadhead still holding Taric upright. (Deadhead 4 Armor -8, -6, -5  HP -10, -16, -22)

Only one of the deadheads manages to turn in time to loose a shot at (E/O 2, Harry) Harry, [quickshot 4] and the bolt smashes into the combined forces of Harry's body armor and personal shielding, scattering the pulse before it can do any real damage. (37 1/2 damage diverted to energy= 18 damage, soaked by armor.)

Spoiler: Enemy (Dominique) (click to show/hide)

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: September 13, 2011, 11:01:59 pm »

More sleep!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: September 13, 2011, 11:05:23 pm »

Harry Charges into Melee, where his skills are superior, Harry leaves the rifle till he can get a good look at it and draws his disruptor pistol to fire it, Ashley Shouts something about the cavalry and activates her storm-crow implants before drawing her manticore and trying to eliminate the enemies

wooo, other than Dom that turn went a lot better than I was hoping
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: September 13, 2011, 11:21:01 pm »

Curse you stun pisto-zzzzzz

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: September 14, 2011, 12:19:31 am »

"Look at all the mooks to kill!" Tarran says before he promptly raises his Sleipnirs.

Empty the clips of my SMGs on the second Deadhead while charging into and ramming the fourth.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: September 14, 2011, 02:37:36 am »

Dom abandoned the idea of psionics in favor of the one thing that had never let her down: the Abassy. She put the barrel against the Immortal's chest and pulled the trigger as many times as she could as fast as she could. If it didn't retreat, it was certainly going to be injured after this.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: September 14, 2011, 05:49:38 am »

"Look at all the mooks to kill!" Tarran says before he promptly raises his Sleipnirs.

Empty the clips of my SMGs on the second Deadhead while charging into and ramming the fourth.

Oh GOD!

TAKE COVER!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 602