Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529563 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Some hacker you are...
« Reply #5475 on: September 05, 2011, 05:19:41 pm »

You know how I said "Unless I get interrupted"? Well I'm interrupted. The turn is half written on my primary but it got time to leave to tear the floor out of the homes of little old women before I got done. (Local mission work, it's why I've been somewhat sparse for the past week.) But there is no way in hell I can run the update from my phone. So You're going to have to give it some time. I apologize.

"By that you mean making one of us the hivemind? Because I believe sometime ago it was revealed that the father was a hivemind of some sort. Can't remember, though, because it was a somewhat long time ago." -Tarran

No, the immortals are not part of the Father like a hivemind, the mechanism is somewhat different. (I believe one of you said hivemind and I merely smiled enigmatically or used the wiggly eyebrows of mystery.)

A word on the facility itself, it was formerly crewed by around 1000 individuals, so don't overestimate the abilities of your seven.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: September 05, 2011, 05:20:57 pm »

How many were maintenence & support?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: September 05, 2011, 05:22:57 pm »

Good luck with the flooring. I may have to do some floor replacement myself soon; any tips? :3 (Water damage. It sucks.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: September 05, 2011, 05:29:59 pm »

Aye, that's actually what I'm working on. (The condensation catch in her fridge has been overflowing for a year or so and the particle board finally lost the war and dropped it through the floor.)

It's a little hard without seeing it but if you want to PM me pictures of the damage and can give recommendations and a cost estimate.

Sorry guys, I promise an update toni but Ive got to go now.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: September 05, 2011, 05:34:07 pm »

I have no way of uploading pictures to my computer. :-\ Anyway, I already have the boards and stuff I need to fix it, I think, I just... don't really know what I'm doing. ^^; Basically there was an incident with the bathtub in which the pipe leading to the faucet broke, no one noticed, and it kinda drained out into the floor over an unknown period of time. The floor sags badly but it isn't broken as far as I can tell. I still have to pull the carpet up around it... and I'll probably have to cut away the flooring and replace it, as near as I can tell. As I said, I have no clue when it comes to repair work. ^^;

Anyway it isn't terribly urgent. See ya later, Draignean. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: September 05, 2011, 05:40:48 pm »

Wait, the fridge actually fell through the floor?

Damn, that's bad.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: September 05, 2011, 07:25:22 pm »

No. The fridge dumped water all over her floor. Which ruined it. (My parents had to deal with water damage from a dishwasher once)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: September 05, 2011, 07:52:15 pm »

You sure about that?

Aye, that's actually what I'm working on. (The condensation catch in her fridge has been overflowing for a year or so and the particle board finally lost the war and dropped it through the floor.)

It's a little hard without seeing it but if you want to PM me pictures of the damage and can give recommendations and a cost estimate.

Sorry guys, I promise an update toni but Ive got to go now.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: September 06, 2011, 12:03:42 am »

Tarran Smith

"Dom, what are you doing here...? ...nevermind, you may actually be in good timing. Something's wrong with this hallway. There may be a... presence if you know what I mean. I'll open the first door, you go for the second."

Open the first door, gun readied.

Your instincts have never lead you astray before, well not really astray, at least not since that waitress in New Chicago... Shaking your head you stop putting holes in your own confidence, wrapping your hand around the handle of the first door. The door opens easily as you squeeze the handle and pull it aside, showing you a room in complete and total disarray. There are two corpses on the floor and judging by the looks of things they spent their last moments killing each other. Dark bloodstains mar a simple beige carpet of expensive fiber, the table and the chairs are broken, a small stack of hardcopy files is strewn about the floor, and a statue of a running horse is hopelessly bent out of shape from its time being used as a bludgeon.   

The two corpses are a male and a female, and they're the same shriveled up wrecks as you've seen before. The male has a table leg sticking out of his gut, and the female has a nasty set of dents in her head. [Int 3] You can't really tell who died first or what caused them to kill each one another.

You crouch down and sift through the debris scattered across the ground, looking for anything of value.  [Observation 4, 4 Intuition 4, 3 Luck 3 18/30. Above average result] There is a singular lack of non-improvised weaponry and most of the larger items in the room have already been destroyed in the fighting, but you do manage to find a couple more items of interest on the bodies. Still tagged to their decayed clothing are their ID badges, the male's has been ruined by time but the other for "Kira Masse" is still intact. Stuck in a puddle of dried blood you're also able to scrap a somewhat abused pad off the floor from where it fell from the dead man's fingers. It doesn't seem hideously damaged but after this time it's probable going to need a new cell.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom nodded at Tarran and drew her carbine. "I got your back, boss. Let me know when to open it," she said, deciding not to question him. Something had gotten his wind up, and while it was true the last thing that had done so was just a malfunctioning door, it was better to be safe than sorry. She quietly jogged over to the door he indicated and got ready to burst through it with her Fuath at the ready. Anything on the other side, if it so much as twitched, was getting sprayed down with corrosive fluids instantly.

As Tarran enters the first room you push the second open, preparing a lethal shower for anything moving... [Observation 5+1] You notice several things about the room very rapidly, first there is a long dead corpse sprawled across the far wall. It happens to be missing its throat. Second there is an unusual looking assault rifle on the floor, its barrel bent uselessly to the side. Third and most importantly there is one of thse bio-suited freaks sitting motionless in the middle of the room, its arms are wrapped its knees and its head is tucked between. It looks something like a large hideously ugly egg while its tucked into its self like this. [Immortal End 4] Slowly and shakily the immortal begins unfurling on unsteady and surprisingly thin limbs.   

It moved, lethal shower time. [Quickshot 1 (Bonus negated)] [Luck 4] The carbine pops and hisses, failing to seal properly on the canister of acid. You slam your fist in an underhand strike up into the canister to get it working again, but its too late, you've missed your perfect window of opportunity. The immortal is now standing upright, and it looks... thin. Odd.

Despite its malnourished appearance it still manages to pick up the bent rifle and move towards you with obvious malicious intent, it might not be able to shoot you but it might still be able to bash your brains out with it.

---

Taric Sizier and James Evan

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

James whips the punch-gun in a swift uppercut [Melee 4+1-1 Vs Dodge 3-2], connecting the plate in a vicious blow. [Brawl 4+1] Even before the gun fires you can feel bones crack in its jaw, (Deadhead 1 Armor -2 HP -34x2+10%=75) the half-inch bullet however tears a hole in the top of its skull large enough run you arm though. Limp as a dead fish the deadhead drops to the ground, one down, five to go.

Taric charges forwards through the deadheads, attempting to bull past them by sheer force. [Str 3 Vs 1, 6, 5] His charge catches the first deadhead by surprise and knocks him to the ground, the second two however are more than prepared and grab Taric's slender body under the elbows, halting his momentum and lifting him clear of the ground.

Still encumbered by holding Taric the Deadhead draws a stun club from its lanyard at his hip, stabbing it into the base of Taric's neck. [Melee 4+2-1 Vs Dodge 3] [Brawl 4+1] It wins awards for police brutality as the weighted head connects and discharges a massive jolt of electricity down Taric's spine. (Damage 25x2=50= 5 Physical damage (soaked by armor) 45 Stamina damage)

The other deadhead holding Taric under the arm copies the gesture of the first, expressionlessly drawing his own stun club and pressing it into Taric's neck. [Melee 2+2-1 Vs Dodge 3] Restrained as he is Taric is unable to avoid the blow, [Brawl 3] and while it lacks the vicious force of the other's attack the shock is still blindly painful. (Damage 16x2=36= 4 Physical damage (soaked by armor) 32 stamina damage) [Taric stamina 1] Under the combined electrical shocks Taric screams once and then subsides, hanging limp and unconscious from the arms of the Deadheads.   

The deadhead that Taric bowled down struggles to get up, [Dex 4] making it upright on the meager balance left to it after the damage it has sustained.

The last deadhead is clearly slowed by its injuries, but it still manages to fire its disruptor pistol at James. [Quickshot 4 Vs Precognition 4+1] Forcing him to roll out of the way to avoid the scorching bolt of electricity. Even so, James can only keep this up for so long before shots start getting through... After that his chance of survival drops sharply.

A sixth deadhead walks in, its stride different from the others... somehow liquid in sharp contrast to their precise and somewhat ungainly motion. It raises its pistol and rests it against Taric's drooping head. "Enough of this foolishness. Take that weapon off your hand and sit on the floor, unless you want your friend to lose a few brain cells." It's tone is condescending instead of the normal monotone speech, and the way it looks at you is completely different as well, cruel amusement lurking behind its brown cow eyes. "I said drop it boy."

Damn.

(Deadhead 1 killed, Taric knocked Unconscious, Taric Restrained.)

---

Ashley Fey

Ashley came back with a headache you would not believe, she grunted at Jordan to let him know she was fine, then walked out the door and back along the corridor, simultaneously looking for the others and trying to get her head to stop pounding

You massage your temples as you extend back into your body the rest of the way, you never could jack and Unjack quickly without getting one of these headaches. The medicos soaythey're just psychological, a brain trying to shift gears between realities, but regardless of what they are they're annoying. Jordan looks up from his work to frown at you and you wave and arm and grunt at him to let him know you're fine. He grunts back with good humor and resumes work, [Jordan Mechanical 3+1] finally managing to pin down the burned out element and coxing the circuitry around it. It's not a permanent fix but it'll do until you guys can catch a break and Jordan seems content to sling the rifle back over his shoulder and into a ready position.

As you walk out of the room Jordan follows, whether to keep your safe or just because there is nothing to do is unclear.

---

Harry Nakamuno

Seeing as there is little he can do without potentially killing himself Harry sprints back to the broken door that Tarran and Dominique slipped through, pounding on the twisted metal with his armored fist and shouting through it. "Trouble! One of you get the hell back here and help me with this door!"

Dominique replies with something loud and mercifully unintelligible. 

Spoiler: Enemy (Dominique) (click to show/hide)

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:47:26 am by Draignean »
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Alas poor Taric, I knew him well.
« Reply #5484 on: September 06, 2011, 12:10:37 am »

Wait, the fridge actually fell through the floor?

Damn, that's bad.
No. The fridge dumped water all over her floor. Which ruined it. (My parents had to deal with water damage from a dishwasher once)

The Fridge dumped water all over the floor which ruined it and in so doing inhibited several major functions of cheap particle board flooring, (Such as bearing weight) causing it to dump the fridge through the floor. It probably could have been prevented but the lady is in her mid 80s, she just never noticed anything until her fridge was a couple feet lower than it should have been. That fridge was placed just wrong too, perfectly situated in between two joists that would have prevented it from falling. 
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: September 06, 2011, 12:13:51 am »

"Dom, that's our cue! Let's go!"

Follow Harry.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: September 06, 2011, 12:26:58 am »

Sorry bro, can't help ya.

Dom gritted her teeth. "In a minute boss. I'm kinda busy here." She put the carbine back and drew out a baton. Fucker wants to play in close quarters... no way in hell he's taking a shot with that gun. Fine, I'll give him what he wants. "Come on, you son of a bitch. I'm right here," she growled, circling him for the moment. The second she thought she saw an opening, she lashed out with the baton, aiming for the side of his knee to crush it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: September 06, 2011, 12:31:48 am »

Ashley and Jordan Ran to Harry's aid, however Ashley Noticed Dom in trouble and tried to get a shot at the immortal with her Manticore
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: September 06, 2011, 12:38:31 am »

Dom is completely out of sight from you.

| |
  |A|
_| |
_| |
  | | |_   _| |_D _|
  | |__| |____| |____
  |_\______________

A= Ashley

D=Dominique

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:51:39 am by Draignean »
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: September 06, 2011, 01:33:31 am »

don't I have to go past her to rescue tarric?

Ashley goes to help tarric then
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 602