Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529610 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Some hacker you are...
« Reply #5415 on: September 03, 2011, 09:54:41 pm »

Aye, got delayed. Turn tonight, or at least before 6 AM tomorrow.

Also, considering that was what the hell I made it for I may test additional styles in the testing thread. (Genius I know)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: September 04, 2011, 02:30:48 pm »

Tarran Smith

"Well, that was unexpected. Heh heh, I never knew I had it in me, the ability to smash down doors."

*After hearing doors slamming shut behind* "Did Taric do something stupid again? Go check it out, I'll see what's in this room."

Go into the room that had recently had it's door utterly mutilated.

You flex your bruised hand open and closed in slight wonderment, considering the fact that you just punched out a door that bullets would only have dented the injury is a pittance. Then the slightly squelchy splatter of the door up the hall slamming heavy shut however cuts a quick end your pleasant surprise. Not again...

Growling low you order Harry to fall back and see what is going wrong now- though you've already got a pretty heavy suspicion rolling in on that front. As for yourself you flatten sideways and start squeezing through the damaged door, if there is anything that desires to kill you hiding down here then logic dictates that you should shoot it before turning your back to it.

[Dex 4+1] After you squeeze smoothly through the rough gap you find yourself in an exceedingly familiar looking hall, typical of cookie-cutter manufacture this one is the mirror image of the one at the north end of the corridor outside. Same proportions, same number of doors, same everything except for the fact that the doors are now on your left instead of your right as you enter.

[P.Kinetics 2+2] Something else here is different too... You can't quite put your finger on it but something in here is making your teeth itch.
---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom opened her eyes. Huh, deja vu or somethin' there. She shook her head to clear it. Eh... I should probably go help one of the others do something. James has already got Taric's back so they should be all right. No clue what Ash and the boys are doing... guess that just leaves Tarran. He had last been punching down doors, or so he said. Maybe he could use a hand with it. She headed off towards where she had heard the banging noises to investigate.

[Stamina 5+1] (+6 Stamina) You hear and feel the door smash closed from scant feet away, adding yet more gore streaks to your armor to join the crusted layers already present. Grimacing you open your eyes and wipe the worst of it off before moving off the wall, if there is a God he seems to be planning on seeing you back in a shower as soon is possible. Well perverted voyeuristic deity figures aside you need to do something, Taric has got back-up in addition to the fact that he was an ungrateful brat the last time you sprung him loose, Ash is off doing something inscrutable, and Harry and Tarran are down doin-. You frown slightly as you realize that Harry is coming back this way already. Without Tarran. As soon as he's in the light enough you you ask him why the hell that is. Harry just shrugs and tells you that Tarran told him to come back and appraise the situation...

Well that clinches it. Tarran is a lot of things, but good enough in a close quarters fight without someone to keep him from getting his bony ribs ripped out and fed to him wasn't one of them. Mumbling vague and construction working obsenities you head down the hall to the breach Tarran made.

It's small, but then again so are you, and you're able to squeeze through without much brunt force. [Dex 5] Slipped through without damage to your skin or your grisly clothing. Tarran himself is directly ahead of you, unmoving and surprisingly tense looking. [P.Kinetics 2+1] Why though remains a mystery.

---

Taric Sizier & James Evan

Spoiler: initiative (click to show/hide)

The lead deadhead reacts with surprising speed as Taric drags his heavier weapon to bear. It steps forward and draws one of the small disruptor pistols, leveling it at [E/O 2] James and firing. [Quickshot 2] James however has enough warning to dive out of the way before the security pulls the trigger, making the flash of light peal harmlessly past his left shoulder.

The second deadhead repeats the exact same practiced motion, stepping forwards to clear the door for more and then drawing its pistol. Your realize in that moment that you have to plug that hole, if you don't then you're going to be helplessly outnumbered in a matter of seconds. [E/O 4] That thought however is interrupted as the second deadhead fires on James as he rolls back up to his feet. [Quickshot 3 Vs Prognostication 3+1] The larger man however carefully tracks the gun barrel as the deadhead moves, waiting until the last minute as the cyborg's finger squeezes the trigger to hit the deck and let the next flash of light and ozone to pass harmlessly above him.   

Finally able to shoulder his hybrid weapon into a firing position Taric barely bothers to aim before loosing iron hell upon the Deadheads. (Target order 3,1,2   [Fire control 5+1 7 Hit first Target, 5 hit secondary target, 3 hit tertiary target] In close quarters the full automatic of the Jormungandr is deadly, the cone of ferric slugs tearing open armor to rend flesh, striking sparks against the walls, and generally causing mass mayhem. (Deadhead 3 Armor -6, -9, -6, -6, -5, -4, -3   HP -6, -8, -5, -6, -7) (Deadhead 1 Armor  -9, -8, -7, -5, -4   Hp -2, -1, -1, -8) (Deadhead 2 Armor -10, -8, -6   HP -5, -1, -4)   

With the Deadhead's blasted and bleeding James decides to give the new glove a little live fire test, charging forwards to slam his fist into the lead security guard's chest. [Melee 4+1 Vs Dodge 2] Staggered and off balance from being shot repeatedly James is free to [Brawl 3] slam the metal and polymer glove into the deadhead with considerable force. The instant the fist hits though it makes a curious whopping sound as the report is muffled in the deadhead's flesh. (Deadhead 1 armor -3  HP -29+10%=32) The frangible round penetrates the deadhead's crippled armor with ease, splitting up in the soft flesh of its body instead. 

The final security guard is slower than the others, perhaps because it just took better than half a dozen rounds to its center of mass. Still, the machine is not affected by trivial details such as pain and it draws its own pistol out of its jacket and fires [E/O 5] at Taric. [Quickshot 2] Its injuries are too great however for it maintain a steady position and the shot goes wild, the blue white bolt burning a mark in the ceiling but nothing else. 

The door that the first three security guards came through is swiftly filled with the shoulders of two more deadheads as they too fill in to join the fray. This isn't going to end pretty, no two ways about it.

---

Ashely Fey

Security Was going to be annoying, take it slowly and discreetly seek out the information, if detected, pull the plug

Focusing you begin building a system alias for yourself, something discreet and useful that should let you slip past security...  [Mechanical 1-1 (Bonus negated)] A pity you focused so heavily on the hardware component of systems and neglected your software education, it might've helped a lot. You aren't entirely sure what went wrong when you were building your cover, but judging by the fact that every bit of security you can detect just focused on where you're working on it you'd say it was pretty bad. [System speed 1 Vs Mechanics 4-1+1] Without many other options you use the unfinished program as a decoy to draw their attention for a few minutes and, surprisingly, it works perfectly. Security swarms the alias and devours it while you zip across back to the port from whence you came, sliding back up the spinal jack and back to the relative comfort of your own noggin. After you're back in full control of your body you pull your jack free and loop it back where it goes.

That was a singularly useless excursion, bad luck on top of bad luck.

---

Jordan Grey and Harry Nakamuno

Jordan continues working on fixing his burned out rifle, [Mechanics 3+1] making steady progress on bypassing the damaged element. Harry meanwhile is left in the hallway, in the dark. Alone.  Of course it isn't exactly lonely considering the muffled gunfire coming from the shut off substation. The door is under a security lock and even Harry's great strength has only a small chance of jamming it open for any period of time, and the price for trying and failing part way are written clearly in the blood of the juiced deadhead.

---

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge (Taric)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: September 04, 2011, 02:36:09 pm »

"Clear a path for me James, I'll try to get help!" Attempt to disengage and escape. If that fails continue firing with the Jormungandr. If it succeeds go for help.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: September 04, 2011, 02:39:08 pm »

How are you planning on going for help?

The door past the deadheads goes God knows where, the door that you came in by is sealed.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: September 04, 2011, 02:40:25 pm »

Well, I don't know that IC (Unless I do, then I'm just ditching James :P)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: September 04, 2011, 02:50:09 pm »

"Dom, what are you doing here...? ...nevermind, you may actually be in good timing. Something's wrong with this hallway. There may be a... presence if you know what I mean. I'll open the first door, you go for the second."

Open the first door, gun readied.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: September 04, 2011, 03:20:07 pm »

You should know... we both saw that door close and neither of us know where it goes...

James was getting annoyed. He went at all of the deadheads he could reach, issuing as many punches as he could get out, to their heads.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 03:22:19 pm by Powder Miner »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: September 04, 2011, 03:37:55 pm »

Well, I don't know that IC (Unless I do, then I'm just ditching James :P)

Yes you would, the door you came in by is just across the room, it obviously closed suddenly with decisive force much different from the force it was trying to close with before, this is also your second security alert so it can be well assumed that you have some idea what is going on.

The real question is which door are you going to take, the one you came in by (Locked and solid as a crabs buttocks) or the one the Deads are coming in by?
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: September 04, 2011, 03:42:14 pm »

The one they're coming though...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: September 04, 2011, 03:44:38 pm »

An interesting choice considering you have no idea where it leads. There are old fighters, there are bold fighters, but there are few old bold fighters. ;)

Now, if I can get Wolf online I'll do a turn as soon as I can and maybe even knock up a map for it.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: September 04, 2011, 03:49:20 pm »

Wait, you'll have to get Serious to post his action too.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: September 04, 2011, 03:51:58 pm »

Taric: Lawl I'm sneaky random door time James: PUNCH ALL THE THINGS!
amirite

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: September 04, 2011, 03:56:01 pm »

Well, that's if he can sneak out. Otherwise MORE BULLET!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: September 04, 2011, 04:03:26 pm »

Wait, huh?

Oh yes, I was reading one of serious' RTD so I saw his Avi and thus thought that he had posted, silly me. Well I don't really worry much about serious posting, I can't actually recall ever having to bump him.

Taric: Lawl I'm sneaky random door time James: PUNCH ALL THE THINGS!
amirite

That reminds me...

Powder, if you choose to attack multiple targets in the same round you're going to take attack AND defense penalities.

For one attack there are no penalties (obviously), for two attacks (unless you use two weapons) the penalty is -1 to both attacks and -1 to defense, for 3 attacks the penalty is -2 to the first two and -3 to the third attack, with -2 to the first to your defense for the first two attacks you take and then -3 thereafter.

It gets pretty steep and the max I'll let you try is 3 at your current skill level, beyond that is just a waste.e

Well, that's if he can sneak out. Otherwise MORE BULLET!

Full auto consumed 25 rounds. You have 4 slugs left in your rifle, plus the laser of course which has 3 shots left at current power. "MORE BULLET" May not be the most viable approach.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: September 04, 2011, 04:04:41 pm »

How 'bout reload then? :3
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 602