Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529756 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 There is a form to fear, and a shape to madness.
« Reply #5325 on: August 24, 2011, 09:08:59 pm »

Well why didn't you make a computer out of rocks you.... ELF!

Wait, if you were an elf you would have made a computer out of wood you... KOBOLD!

Wait, if you were a kobold you would have stolen a computer you... GOBLIN!

Wait, if you were a goblin you would have killed someone for their computer you... HUMAN!

Turn is coming. Sit tight and prepare to do battle with whatever Tarran found.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: August 24, 2011, 09:19:34 pm »

My reactions on the thing:

IF Hostile is just a machine: Oh, well, that's good, no hostile. Still, I don't want to be "The little boy who cried wolf".

IF Hostile is an actual threat but not a big one: Well, that's anti-climatic.

IF Hostile is an actual threat and EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and Taric gets a big hole in him: I told you so.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: August 24, 2011, 11:33:13 pm »

Problem, turn is written except for Wolf's action... The problem is that I am unable to translate the word "ueyes" in context, it seems to play a key roll considering the fact that she both attempts the action and has one of her cronies break her from it in the same turn. Help here wolf?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: August 25, 2011, 12:25:40 am »

I would hazard a guess that the meaning is 'yes Ash will crash the prism' but wolfchild typo'd the 'yes' into 'ueyes.'
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: August 25, 2011, 03:28:55 am »

serious is correct, sorry for not picking up the typo
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: August 25, 2011, 03:31:27 pm »

Tarran Smith

*Whispers* "Contact, slow, down the hall. It sounds large. Unknown hostility. James, tell the others. Taric, get ready. Take cover."

Dive behind cover, hug up against the south wall of the hallway to the west. Grab my Jormungandr.

You search for cover in the hall, unfortunately the steel walls offer little concealment and the nearest opening is many yards behind you. In lieu of a better option you press your body against the wall to narrow your profile as you raise your rifle into a firing position. Taric of course shows little of the concern that you place on the situation, jestingly grabbing your shoulder from behind in way of greeting. With surprising self-control you manage not to 'accidentally' bring your assault rifle into his face. You settle for telling him to shut up and be quiet. You consider the situation, if it is something dangerous then you'll need to kill it fast, a prolonged firefight would turn these corridors into deathtraps, and even if it isn't dangerous then you'll probably need eyes and ears to work with whatever the hell it is. Either way you're going to want as many people as you can. Tapping James on the shoulder you ask him to get the others, quietly.

---

Taric Sizier

"Well, we aren't going to find out what it is hiding." Enter into the hallway slowly, crouching and keeping my ears sharp.

Ignoring Tarran's reprimand you scoot a little farther down the corridor, though without his ability to see in the dark there isn't much to look at... but you can still hear. [Observation 3+1] Making yourself as quiet as you can and screening out the exterior sounds you listen intently, and your own ears pick up the soft swish and thump that Tarran heard. [int 4] You focus on it and begin to notice something curious, it doesn't seems to be getting closer, no matter how many times it repeats. Hmm...

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom considered the being in front of her. She didn't think this was something she could solve with her fists, and it was probable he had underestimated her mental defenses. Next time he tried something, he might get through. She couldn't allow that. At all.  So, she reacted like she usually did. "You're just a prick," she snapped. "Who the hell do you think you are, trying to get into people's brains uninvited? My thoughts and memories are my own, thank you, and if you try that again I'll belt you one so hard your real body will feel it." Er... if he IS just some jerkoff trying that thing Taric does where he creeps into people's minds...

"Why don't you act civilized? I might consider answering a question of yours if you answer one of mine," she said, trying to stall while she figured out a way to wake herself up. She wasn't sure exactly how she would go about doing that, but maybe if she was lucky the boss's would run into some kind of problem he needed muscle for and come get her, or send someone to do it. "What the hell is that over there?" she asked, gesturing at the memorial with her thumb.

Jesus H. Christ you're tired of insane and demanding people, it never fucking it ends. Considering into your tone the fact that he interrupted your nap you give the faceless figure a piece of your mind... about him trying to take a piece of your mind. The figure however recovers from his shock as you speak and merely seems amused at your rant. Dick.

When you demand that he tell you what the hell the giant memorial is about he cocks his head at you curiously, then nods grudgingly. "Fine. I can be reasonable, a question for a question." He turns to the memorial and lifts his eyeless face towards it, expressionless as he surveys it from top to bottom. "Blind fools. Too proud to live, too scared to die. They are a trifling inconvenience, they don't cause any trouble except the effort needed to step around them." The faceless man finishes and turns back to you, expectant. "Now then, how many of your number have your abilities?"

---

James Evan

James did as Tarran said to, rushing off to wake Dom and tell her about the incoming hostile.

You head back when Tarran tells you to get the others, alerting both Jordan and Harry as you pass them. The more the merrier, especially when you may end up desperately needing to shoot something.  You find Dominique lying on a bunk in the room at the end of the hall, she twitches slightly and seems asleep, if only fitfully. You shake her [Str 3+1] quite vigorously in your attempt to wake her. [Dominique Sleep 2-2-1] She snorts awake and sits bolt upright in bed at the third shake, looking at you somewhat incoherently. You inform her of the situation. She stares at you blankly for a moment before mumbling thanks at you. Mildly surprising considering that you just told her that unknown things may or may not be about to rampage out and start killing people.

After she wakes up the rest of the way she swings out of bed and draws her pistol, you make a note to stay out of Drowsy's firing arc until she gets the sleep out of her eyes. Shouldering the heavy lamp you you lead the way back to Tarran. When you get to where Tarran and Taric hold the hall you find everyone else already assembled...

Whatever Tarran is concerned over it's going to have a few new holes in it in about five minutes.

---

Ashley Fey

Ash decided that ueyes she would do it, Harry and Jordan respond to Tarran's cries, Harry goes to help while Jordan fetches Ash

You decision on what do to is interrupted by Jordan rapping the back of his knuckles on the metal of the door frame. "Trouble out in the hall." He says when you look up from the terminal. You nod and pause only to crash the interface before grabbing your rifle and jogging out with Jordan and Harry. There would be plenty of time later for what you need to do, trouble on the other hand had the nasty habit of getting worse if you put off dealing with it.

---

Tarran, leading All.

When all the others fall in and James provides the light you give the signal to advance slow. You lead with James, trying to press your senses out ahead of his light as you draw nearer to the source of the sound. [P.kinetics 4+1] It's a little harder to do while walking, but you can still manage to see more than most. When you manage to get a grip on exactly what you're sensing you swear softly with relief and let the muzzle of your rifle drop, a couple more steps puts the source of the noise fully within the pool of light made by Jame's lamp.

"All clear, not hostile." You say as you break from the group and walk the rest of the distance at the deadhead lying inactive in the path of a sliding door. The door is powered and is still attempting to close, at which point it hits the deadhead. Then it pauses and slides open again, making the Swish-thump sound you heard. You probably didn't need a half-dozen soldiers to help you with this, but better safe than sorry. Toeing the corpse you notice something different about it, it's still juicy, and even more unusual for a deadhead is the fact that it's emaciated. This one must have died recently,[int 2] no real way to tell how recently though.

"Thank God we were here Mr. captain sir, I don't know how you could have survived the sliding door without six people with guns to help you." Taric drawls from behind you. You grimace and bite back something cutting as you look around. The door is as unremarkable as the other doors in the complex, but there is an inscription beside it in plain black letters. "Security Substation November". Military Alphabet, so either they use an odd sequence or there are at least 13 other substations in this facility. Not a pretty thought when you consider how big this place must be to actually need 13+ security stations.

The inside of the room that you can see in flashes as the door opens and closes is partially lit by the glow faint glow of active readouts, these manage to faintly illuminate a few indistinct pieces of machinery inside. [Observation 2+1]  More than that however is difficult and you really can't tell a whole lot more than anyone could with the naked eye. 

---

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge (Taric)

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: August 25, 2011, 03:32:49 pm »

Sorry it took this long to get back to it, sick as dog. (Seafood, landlocked state... Why do I keep trying you?) :-[
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: August 25, 2011, 03:41:36 pm »

"Tarran ya wuss, It's not coming any closer..." Continue moving up into the room.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 04:19:15 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: August 25, 2011, 03:53:36 pm »

Ahead is very vague, ahead meaning down the corridor, or ahead meaning into the room?
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: August 25, 2011, 04:09:06 pm »

"Dom, you look like hell, rough night?" Ashley asks as she takes a small breather "Taric don't be a dick, it's better to prepare for trouble than ignore something that might want to kill us""

Harry and Jordan flank Tarran, slightly behind him
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: August 25, 2011, 04:10:31 pm »

Edited.

"Sounds more like a factory rather than a war machine"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: August 25, 2011, 04:16:22 pm »

"All clear, not hostile." You say as you break from the group and walk the rest of the distance at the deadhead lying inactive in the path of a sliding door. The door is powered and is still attempting to close, at which point it hits the deadhead. Then it pauses and slides open again, making the Swish-thump sound you heard. You probably didn't need a half-dozen soldiers to help you with this, but better safe than sorry. Toeing the corpse you notice something different about it, it's still juicy, and even more unusual for a deadhead is the fact that it's emaciated. This one must have died recently,[int 2] no real way to tell how recently though.

"Thank God we were here Mr. captain sir, I don't know how you could have survived the sliding door without six people with guns to help you." Taric drawls from behind you.

Taric, you know perfectly well what is causing the swish thump sound and where it is.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: August 25, 2011, 05:49:33 pm »

Dominique patted James on the shoulder in thanks as she moved past him and kept the Abassy up... until she, too, saw what was causing the noise that had boss on edge. With a quiet sigh of relief, she holstered the gun. Could be worse... she thought when Taric taunted Tarran. At about that point, Ash looked at her and asked if she had a rough night. Dom managed a smile in her direction. "I've had worse. You should see this scar I've got on my..." she trailed off. Taric at least would probably be overly interested in that particular scar. Being defenestrated and having to have someone else pull the shards of glass out is never fun, she thought, frowning as she recalled the incident. That was probably the most embarrassing trip to the doctor she'd ever had. She put her hand on her hip absently. "Anyway, it's probably not a good idea to go to sleep around here."

She turned to James. "So, uh, yeah. Now seems like a good time. There doesn't seem to be any danger and I'm rested up; d'you want me to try and Orient you? We could use another psionic on the team," she said. If James wasn't feeling up to trying it, though, she would just stick with Tarran for now.

Also: Hope you're feeling better, Draignean. ^^;
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 05:53:06 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: August 25, 2011, 05:57:28 pm »

Dominique patted James on the shoulder in thanks as she moved past him and kept the Abassy up... until she, too, saw what was causing the noise that had boss on edge. With a quiet sigh of relief, she holstered the gun. Could be worse... she thought when Taric taunted Tarran. At about that point, Ash looked at her and asked if she had a rough night. Dom managed a smile in her direction. "I've had worse. You should see this scar I've got on my..." she trailed off. Taric at least would probably be overly interested in that particular scar. Being defenestrated and having to have someone else pull the shards of glass out is never fun, she thought, frowning as she recalled the incident. That was probably the most embarrassing trip to the doctor she'd ever had.

Also: Hope you're feeling better, Draignean. ^^;

Damn that would hurt a lot, particularly considering that the city spires are hundreds of stories tall and the only thing to break your fall would be a covered spire walk.

I can totally see Dom doing it it though. :P

PPE: Thanks man, I just freakin' love sushi and I forget that I don't live on the coast sometimes...

---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: August 25, 2011, 06:06:44 pm »

"Taric, shut up. If this really was something nastier, you would be thanking me right now. In combat, you don't underestimate things. For example, a simple thud could be a dog hitting a door or someone sneaking."

"Anyway, I'm going south further, because I literally cannot do anything else back at those rooms. Anyone else who was waiting, feel free to join me. Those who were doing something important, go ahead and head back."

Go south further. To the red light.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 602