Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529772 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 There is a form to fear, and a shape to madness.
« Reply #5310 on: August 22, 2011, 03:01:02 am »

*Whispers* "Contact, slow, down the hall. It sounds large. Unknown hostility. James, tell the others. Taric, get ready. Take cover."

Dive behind cover, hug up against the south wall of the hallway to the west. Grab my Jormungandr.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: August 22, 2011, 03:04:38 am »

Taric placed his down quite hard onto Tarran's shoulder, making sure to go behind him for the best effect. "SO!, what do you think is down there?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: August 22, 2011, 03:07:20 am »

"SHHHH! I don't know what, but it's moving very slowly. It could be nothing, or it could be some goddamn mech. Get into cover!"
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: August 22, 2011, 03:11:59 am »

"Well, we aren't going to find out what it is hiding." Enter into the hallway slowly, crouching and keeping my ears sharp.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: August 22, 2011, 03:17:12 am »

"I'm NOT taking the blame if you end up with a hole the size of a chair in you! We really should wait for assistance!"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: August 22, 2011, 03:24:49 am »

"Come on, I'm only going about 2-3 metres..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: August 22, 2011, 04:06:42 am »

Dom considered the being in front of her. She didn't think this was something she could solve with her fists, and it was probable he had underestimated her mental defenses. Next time he tried something, he might get through. She couldn't allow that. At all.  So, she reacted like she usually did. "You're just a prick," she snapped. "Who the hell do you think you are, trying to get into people's brains uninvited? My thoughts and memories are my own, thank you, and if you try that again I'll belt you one so hard your real body will feel it." Er... if he IS just some jerkoff trying that thing Taric does where he creeps into people's minds...

"Why don't you act civilized? I might consider answering a question of yours if you answer one of mine," she said, trying to stall while she figured out a way to wake herself up. She wasn't sure exactly how she would go about doing that, but maybe if she was lucky the boss's would run into some kind of problem he needed muscle for and come get her, or send someone to do it. "What the hell is that over there?" she asked, gesturing at the memorial with her thumb.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: August 22, 2011, 07:42:55 am »

Ash decided that ueyes she would do it, Harry and Jordan respond to Tarran's cries, Harry goes to help while Jordan fetches Ash
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: August 22, 2011, 10:59:32 pm »

Powwow miner. Post.

Or else....

(Scary music.)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: August 22, 2011, 11:01:40 pm »

...Powwow?

That's just mean. :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: August 22, 2011, 11:08:58 pm »

On another topic, I figure I might as well bother you guys about what to do with the Father here. I mean on the one hand I kinda want to keep talking to him but on the other Dom is the worst possible person to be in her position. Tarran and Taric both have empathetics of some sort, James has his Shadow to help out, and I'm still not entirely certain Ashley isn't a deadhead herself (Hoke was, after all) and therefore unable to run into him in her sleep or not. Dom, on the other hand, basically got lucky on that roll and really doesn't stand a chance should he actually try to break her defenses. (I'm assuming the cumulative -4 modifier he had earlier was because he wasn't expecting any resistance.)

So... keep him talking so we can learn more of the plot, or bail Dom out before things get, eh, uncomfortable?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: August 22, 2011, 11:18:24 pm »

Tarran and Taric both have empathetics of some sort,
My skills: 5 Marksman. 2 Talking 1 Dodging, 5 Passive Kinetics (+4/8ths Dodging).

I have none.

You're better than me, at least. 3/8ths Active empathetics>0 empathetics.

So... keep him talking so we can learn more of the plot, or bail Dom out before things get, eh, uncomfortable?
Bail.

Pinch yourself or kill yourself in your dream. Say, giant sword through chest. Or, even more stylishly, fall off of a huge cliff. I'm pretty sure that should wake you up. I think.

...Actually, I'm not sure, but I've heard it will.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: August 22, 2011, 11:37:33 pm »

...Oh, right. I thought you went three PK, two PE when we first got our psionics. Don't know why I was under that impression. ^^; Well, he has more charisma than her, so he's still a little better off. :3 Anyway, yeah, that's what I thought I should do. I don't really fancy the idea of Dom getting broken mentally/emotionally, even if it means missing out on some potentially plot-heavy conversations. Not to say it couldn't be interesting to write for, but, um... yeah, anyway, you asked Powder to come get me so hopefully James'll go wake Dom up.

@QuickEdit: The absolute worst is when you're sleeping on the lower part of a bunk bed, dream you're falling, and are still awake enough to throw your arms out to catch yourself... when you normally sleep face down. Banged the back of my head pretty hard; didn't feel much like going to sleep after that. :P Years ago, but still kinda funny in my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:39:21 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: August 23, 2011, 03:32:05 am »

I suggest you talk to Ash about it [/metagaming]
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: August 24, 2011, 08:38:29 pm »

Sorry guys, camping trip.

James did as Tarran said to, rushing off to wake Dom and tell her about the incoming hostile.
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 602