Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529809 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Speaking russian like a boss.
« Reply #5295 on: August 18, 2011, 11:42:59 pm »

lol. That's quite the rant there. Egg ebbing? :P Also, you forgot cattle rustling. He's guilty of that too, our good James is. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: August 19, 2011, 08:36:53 am »

You shush >.>

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: August 19, 2011, 02:39:52 pm »

I suppose I'm working on a turn now... Run out of excuses for anything else.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: August 19, 2011, 02:43:22 pm »

Do it when you wish, not when the crowd tells you too.

Just don't make us wait as long as Tal or Irony do, for the love of god.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: August 19, 2011, 05:25:06 pm »

Tarran Smith

"Dammit, I haven't found any-freaking-thing useful yet." Tarran grumbled.

Walk out, down the hall, and back to the intersection. Quietly. Waiting for something to happen, and to avoid ambushes.

You get up and walk out of the bunk room, you're fed up with this place and its singularly useless loot... Dominique can rest as she's able but you need to keep moving, might as well check and make sure horror isn't about to come and visit you all with nasty sharp pointed teeth. Walking past Jordan and Harry and back out into the hallway you keep watch and wait for something to happen.

Nothing does.

Curious.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom continued to sleep it off, but being in an unsafe place kept her on edge so her sleep was light and dreamless, ready to wake at the slightest disturbance.

Dominique continues to slumber, [Stamina 5+1] (+18 stamina) snoring like a machine gun all the while. [P.Empathetics 4] As she drifts off more and more deeply into sleep her dreams begin to contain strange things, visions of despair, hopelessness, and a child who the dream figures seem to live only to protect. Other things skitter at the edges of Dominique's sleeping mind, invisible spiders that instill an odd fear in her gut. The dreams that come like eddies off the maelstrom of fear that you sense are nothing pleasant, and they serve to keep you drifting in and out of slumber. 

---

Ashley Fey and Taric Sizier

"I'm not finished with it yet, and you staring over my shoulder is creepy so NO! If you leave me alone while I do this then the answer is "I will try"" Ash then procedes to continue looking, specifically at the research data

With Taric still hovering over her shoulder Ash leaves the language on Russian and continues reading through it at top speed, pulling up the research reports first. The status report for the Argos project is encrypted... [Mechanics 5] Scratch that, it was encrypted. Damn you're good. [Ash +4-1HP]

Spoiler: Argos (click to show/hide)

---

James Evan

"Dang box..." James continued to try to open the box, throwing it, hitting it, hitting it with th e butt of his gun, with a stun baton, throwing uit again, throwing it again, and then finally just getting angry and punting it across the room. Then searching for any ways to open it that DON'T involve beating it, hsi stress relieved.

You give into your frustration and beat the living hell out of the box [Str 6+1], you smash it, stomp it, crush it, butt stroke it, yell at it and finally hurl it bodily into the far wall. Something in the poor abused box breaks as it hits the wall and the masterfully made -and now masterfully broken- box gaps slightly from a disjointed hair seam. Surprised but happy you walk back out into the hall to retrieve your prize.

You pick up the box again and open it the rest of the way... Hey you know what one these is! Marveling at the find you pick up the WWIII punch glove out of the box. You've never seen one of these outside a museum before, though this one looks like it's undergone some restorations and refits. It still has a name etched in it on the metal of the palm strap 'Cpl Simone Taggant'. Wow. You bet she was a bulldog.

Well its yours now.

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Simone's Song (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:28:23 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: August 19, 2011, 07:13:43 pm »

Wait, what is that door doing there...?

Open dat door to the east.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: August 19, 2011, 07:21:25 pm »

Go to Tarran
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: August 19, 2011, 07:57:28 pm »

Wait, what is that door doing there...?

The same thing it was doing the last time you came through here, sir.

[/Kif Kroker]
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: August 19, 2011, 09:55:45 pm »

Ashley Searches the whole thing for any more references to argos, then logs off because taric was still being a creepy SOB
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: August 19, 2011, 10:03:56 pm »

James briefly attempted to cover the name or something- his name wasn't Simone Taggart, and he assumed the owner had died when the Immortals presumably came in to kill everyone-, before going to show Tarran- who really seemed like someone who would know about weapons extensively- his find, after also punching the remains of the box to test the thing.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:09:45 pm by Powder Miner »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: August 19, 2011, 11:26:01 pm »

Dom, unaware she was doing so, attempted to enter a lucid dream state through her dormant passive empathic abilities. "Are you lost?" she called out to the child, attempting to follow it from one odd place to another and see if she could find out what was so important about it. She didn't even know if it was a boy or girl, or how old it was, or anything; just a shape in the distance being guarded by some of the things meandering through her rest.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: August 22, 2011, 12:55:04 am »

Haika got my blood up so I'm running a turn. So shut up and deal with it.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: August 22, 2011, 01:23:14 am »

He did iff me off a bit too.

But I just ran a turn so I won't be making a turn as a result.

Anyway, YAY TURN.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: August 22, 2011, 02:23:05 am »

Yay turn as well. While I don't endorse angering the GM, at least there's a silver lining for us players. ^^;

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 There is a form to fear... and a shape to madness.
« Reply #5309 on: August 22, 2011, 02:55:07 am »

Tarran Smith

Open dat door to the east.

Turning to the door on your right you fumble across for any means of opening it, the glowing red light of the door control indicates that the door is locked. Taric already tried his card on it when you came through so it was a little too much to hope that it had become unlocked in the meantime. ...Of course, now that you think about it, it probably would be a bad thing if you'd just found it ajar, doors rarely open without some stimulus.

[Observation 4]  From down to the south you can hear a repetitive sound, a slight swish followed by a whump, then a two second delay before it repeats. [P.kinetics 3+1] Pressing your 'vision' to the limits you can see that there is something moving down there, more than that is difficult to make out.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom, unaware she was doing so, attempted to enter a lucid dream state through her dormant passive empathic abilities. "Are you lost?" she called out to the child, attempting to follow it from one odd place to another and see if she could find out what was so important about it. She didn't even know if it was a boy or girl, or how old it was, or anything; just a shape in the distance being guarded by some of the things meandering through her rest.

[P. Empathetics 5] The fitful bubble realms of half-dreams roil beneath your eyes for long moments before stilling into something more normal... Trees, green grass, flowers and little stone waterfalls abound before you, bringing back bittersweet memories. You remember this park very well from your dates with your husband, its familiarity though is tarnished by the ghastly sensations you felt in your dreams. Turning away from the old memory you call out to the child you sensed. Nothing answers, but you feel a peculiar tug from off to your left.

Following it on impulse you walk through the vibrant foliage of the artificial garden, following the tenuous cord of the half-felt feeling from a dream that skittered on the edge between sleep and consciousness. It doesn't take long however for you to find what you were being lead to, and as you circle around the last of the squat trees you pause to take in the size of it. It's a memorial slab, a common sight in these gardens, but its scope is something that could have only come from a dream. The impossibly large stone is covered with names that shift as soon as you try read one, but the names are not the striking feature of the monolith, the graffiti artwork that covers it from top to bottom is.

At the center is the child, younger than you would have imagined, she's maybe a year old and lies on a carefully made bed. A hollow cheeked woman with empty eyes and only the faintest of sad smiles to her lips stands over her and caresses the child's head. Around them in circles are armed men and women, their backs are to the child and mother and their weapons held ready to engage some unseen threat. Even the faces of the youngest bear the lines of weariness you've come to associated with the undermost class of people, and the emotions on faces of these soldiers seem no different. Hopelessness and dread emanate softly from their parts of the mural, but the underlying cord is resignation. [will 2] The sheer bleakness of it overwhelms you and you turn away from the mural, turning your gaze away from the happy young child and the dead-inside wall of men and women fighting to protect it.

That's when you notice the other figure. It looks like what would happen if you told something that had never seen a person that humans had two arms, two legs, a torso and head before you asked it to sculpt one. The figure is perfectly proportional, but its skin is as white as snow and it lacks all additional features. You sense amusement coming from it.

"Well, I must say I'm quite glad you decided to doze off... I owe you quite a bit of thanks." The voice comes from the being, but it does not move as it talks. "I had my suspicions when I tried in the forest to subdue you, but ants have terrible eyesight and very little ability to recollect events. Again in the gardens something happened that made me suspect, but the disturbance could as easily have been made mechanically. But you... you showed me to my own eyes." The thing's shoulders shrug mechanically in a parody of human emotion. "Or close enough as makes no difference. And just between us, I harbor you no ill will for it, the sensation of being crushed against the ceiling was... exquisite. I simply must thank you."

You stare at it for a moment, caught between the horror of the graffiti behind you and the sheer alien presence of the thing that speaks with you. You really can't think of anything to say back to it though, 'Your welcome' doesn't fit the occasion and 'up yours' might not be anatomically possible considering its form. Perhaps fortunately for you though the newcomer seems content to do the talking. "Well I'd start off by asking you how many others of your group are like you, but you seem quite out of tongue... So I think Ill just reach in and take what I need." [The Father A.Empathetics 3-3-1 Vs Dominique P.Empathetics 4] The white faced man goes completely still and silent, and after a moment you feel a slight pressure on your thoughts as you did when you trained with Trol, except this pressure never develops into the mind rending spikes you've come to associate wit psychic conflict.

This is more like being attacked by a small dog than actually being assaulted by something dangerous. You flick aside its feeble probe with some caution, waiting for the other shoe to drop. Instead of attacking with real force however the thing reels backwards from some invisible blow, and its voice is filled with surprise when it speaks. "Amazing... A real touch, just a prick, but a real touch..."

Okay. You're now officially getting on the first goddamn bus to depart crazytown.   

---

Taric Sizier

Go to Tarran

Purple hair wants to hog her precious Russian computer, meh, you'll get it when snooty McPrincess gets into trouble she can't solve without the help of yours truly. As for now... it's been awhile since you pestered Tarran on his ineptitude and poor leadership skills, can't let him think you've started to approve of him being in charge.

James' light helps a lot when you're finding Tarran in the dark hall, abominably bright though it may be. Tarran himself seems to be listening to something intently. Without anything better to do you join him in quiet reflection.

---

James Evan

James briefly attempted to cover the name or something- his name wasn't Simone Taggart, and he assumed the owner had died when the Immortals presumably came in to kill everyone-, before going to show Tarran- who really seemed like someone who would know about weapons extensively- his find, after also punching the remains of the box to test the thing.

[Strength 2] After a brief attempt to deface the metal plate you give it up, your hand is going to cover it anyway when you put it on. Pulling the ballistic weave and alloy gauntlet on you give the box it was in an experimental punch. Nothing happens to the broken box whatsoever. Hmm, must be out of ammo. Luckily for you the gauntlet's box also contained a pair of cartridges designed to slot into the gauntlet and you slide one in and prime it as soon as you realize what the problem is.

While you're loading it and testing the weight and feel of it on your hand Taric walks out of the adjoining hall and down the corridor to Tarran. Hmm... Come to think of it Tarran did say he was a freedom fighter, and he seemed to know a hell of a lot about guns... maybe he could tell you something about this piece, worth a shot anyway.

Grunting you lug your lamp down to where the two of them stand, apparently lost in in concentration. Not wanting to interrupt whatever the hell they're doing you join them in focusing on your environment.

---

Ashley Fey

Ashley Searches the whole thing for any more references to argos, then logs off because taric was still being a creepy SOB

[Mechanics 3] You do a couple of general sweeps through the system for the Argos and a couple other keywords from the file, you get a couple hits on Arbiter Winston, but only passing reference to him as a complete and total iron ball bastard. Deep scanning the system could take hours in the normal way, far more time than you can spare. You're about to log off in frustration when you realize Taric isn't breathing down your neck anymore... You didn't even notice him leaving.

Any of them could still walk in on you but you've got a short window to do this while he's gone. Your fingers stay hovered to crash the prism as you decide. [Regen 6-1=5]

Relevant Items
Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge (Taric)

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

---
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 602