Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529814 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Speaking russian like a boss.
« Reply #5280 on: August 13, 2011, 09:43:57 am »

she tried never in russian on an stupid riddle
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: August 13, 2011, 02:29:42 pm »

she tried never in russian on an stupid riddle

Hey, my best friend had that as their password for a long time. Don't knock it.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: August 13, 2011, 02:58:36 pm »

... you know its so obvious its almost safe now when i think about it
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: August 14, 2011, 03:29:02 pm »

James took the least damaged armor. "I really need some armor, don't want to get turned into cinders.... Anyway, I wonder what's in that box," James said as he attempted to open.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: August 16, 2011, 12:27:51 am »

Gah, going to make a dragon in Tarran's suspiciously quickly made non-scifi RTD because its interesting and then get to work on maps and turns for great lack of profit.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: August 16, 2011, 12:32:52 am »

The reason it was so quickly made was because it was simple, and everyone voted to start it.

...Not like the Sci-fi one. Neither of the two above things is true on the Sci-fi one.

But, in good news, the fact that the dragon RTD is up means I have a place to dump my Medieval ideas. And I only have one thing to work on now: The Sci-fi RTD. So it should go quicker.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: August 16, 2011, 03:04:42 am »

Tarran Smith

"Hey guys, I found a Barracks or something! It has lockers. Wish me luck in finding actually useful stuff!"

Looting spree, go!

Excited at the prospect of looting the barracks (if only a small one) you start rummaging around. [Observation 2, 2, Intuition 1, 4, Luck 2. Very Poor results.] You search the lockers on the right side of the room first, some of them are locked but not with anything that doesn't surrender to a swift smash. The contents however are poor to say the least, several shifts of generic clothing, snack food, a set of empty stims hidden in a boot... Nothing useful, and certainly nothing that you would have expected to find in a barracks. [Failed roll not shown.] You haven't the first clue why that would be.

Frustrated you sit on the corner of one of the bunks, trying to think of a reason for the lack of... barracksy things here. You were never military but you're pretty sure this is sort of what the vids made military barracks look like.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Didn't say there was, dude. I said there might be," Dom said as she walked back out into the corridor and grabbed one of the stun clubs off of the deadheads. Ah, these things are fun. I think I'll grab another. In fact she took all four of them... but she was willing to hand two of them over if asked. Afterward, she followed after Tarran and looked around the barracks. "Well, I'm gonna take a break. Let me know if you need my help breaking one of those open, boss," she said, indicating the lockers, as she found a clean-looking, unoccupied bunk and laid down. Using her psionics so much was making her a little worn down and a quick rest would do a lot for her mood.

You roll your eyes and manage to resist punching Taric's usual ungrateful self, not like he'd been doing much useful since they got off the ship anyway... You do however manage to crack a smile when you pick up one of the batons from the security goon, testing the weight and heft of it brings pleasant memories to life. After twirling it in a lazy figure-eight you push it and one other through your belt. The other two you collect from the guards and put in your pack. Those who waste not, want not. Other than your satisfying acquisition though nothing seems to be happening of interest, no gunfights, no doors needing to be smashed down, no morons needing an ass kicking. You think you can spare a couple minutes to become reacquainted with the backs of your eyelids, and Tarran did say he found a barracks. Shame to let such fine beds go unused...

As you enter the room at the end of the hall you find Tarran sitting on one of the bunks, apparently thinking about something. You tell him that you're going to pack it in for a bit and he nods to you somewhat absently. Rolling your shoulders you work the kinks out before laying your head down to sleep. [Stamina 5] Once again displaying your ability to go to sleep anywhere you manage to drift off to sleep in five minutes. To hell with the deadheads and the weird deadheads and the people in funky armor and the damn voice on the radio, you're taking a nap. Heaven help whoever deems it fit to wake you. (+15 Stamina) [Failed roll not shown]

---

James Evan

James took the least damaged armor. "I really need some armor, don't want to get turned into cinders.... Anyway, I wonder what's in that box," James said as he attempted to open.

Kneeling over the now mostly headless deadhead you go through the grisly task of stripping its shirt of and removing its under armor. You scrape as much of the gore and bloody scrap off as you can before putting on the slightly used gear. Even considering the fate of its former owner you feel much better now that you're wearing it, nerves of steel and a faith unflinching are no replacement for body armor.

As you're standing in the doorway you catch a glint of reflected light in top of the cabinet to your right. Curious you walk in and pick it up, going back out into the hallway to examine it. As Taric had noted the box is featureless, without seam or keyhole. [Intuition 1] Lacking a better idea you bash it into the wall a couple times. Aside from making a loud clanging sound nothing happens. You eye the box suspiciously. It remains unperturbed.

(Featureless box added.)
---

Ashley Fey and Taric Sizier

"Well, it's grizzley but still, better to have a sidearm than not, i'm going back into that other room to root arround with the terminal"

Ash: Strap on the manticore pistol and try to use the console in the second room

"I'm coming with, if only due to the fact that there isn't much else to do right now."

Ashley holsters the pistol, a gun's a gun, it's going to be covered in gore at some point anyway so why should she get fussy now. After telling Jordan to take a break for a minute Ash heads back to the terminal she cracked earlier, there should be something useful on there, hopefully several somethings. At hearing the word 'terminal' mentioned Taric's ears practically prick up and he follows the purple haired woman into the second room.

Ash sits down at the chair with Taric over her shoulder, aside from being a slight irritation the only real danger seems to be water damage to her armor should he start salivating over the computer. She punches the display back up quickly and starts looking around for something interesting, [Ash intuition 6] she finds a couple things almost immediately. There's a virtual drop-box system with some mail still in it, not a lot but at least the guy didn't clean it out before dying. She also notices a couple files that look like research reports as well as what looks like a personal journal. It seems she'll have your pick of where to start her datamine.

[Taric int 3+1] Taric however doesn't get a lot out of her lightning fast pace, he can understand maybe one in five words in Russian at this pace and Russian seems to be the default language for this terminal. Watching it fly by is immensely frustrating.   

---

Harry Nakamuno and Jordan Grey

Harry collects guns off the bodies and throws one to Jordan who catches it adroitly. You can never have too many pistols, never. After redistributing the wealth Harry walks back out into the connecting hall, making sure nothing else lurks in the black. Thankfully nothing else appears to be doing just that. Jordan however spends his time cooling his heels by querying the system. "General system query: Why don't we have lights?" he asks the ceiling.
"Your question is based on an incorrect assumption, this facility has many lights." The perky response system replies.
"Aye yie yie...  General system query: Why is primary lighting not active?"
"Primary lighting has been cut automatically after catastrophic damage resulting in an outer containment breach occurred. Maintenance will restore power after safety has been ensured. We hope this does not interfere with your day."
Jordan snorts. "Catastrophic damage... I wonder what could have done that..."

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge (Taric)

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: August 16, 2011, 03:22:53 am »

"Dammit, I haven't found any-freaking-thing useful yet." Tarran grumbled.

Walk out, down the hall, and back to the intersection. Quietly. Waiting for something to happen, and to avoid ambushes.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: August 16, 2011, 05:03:48 am »

"Previous owner must've preferred russian for some reason. Could you change the language settings?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: August 16, 2011, 09:50:57 am »

"I'm not finished with it yet, and you staring over my shoulder is creepy so NO! If you leave me alone while I do this then the answer is "I will try"" Ash then procedes to continue looking, specifically at the research data

Harry and Jordan take 5
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: August 16, 2011, 02:17:21 pm »

"Dang box..." James continued to try to open the box, throwing it, hitting it, hitting it with th e butt of his gun, with a stun baton, throwing uit again, throwing it again, and then finally just getting angry and punting it across the room. Then searching for any ways to open it that DON'T involve beating it, hsi stress relieved.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:48:05 pm by Powder Miner »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: August 18, 2011, 01:35:21 pm »

Once again displaying your ability to go to sleep anywhere
- Sounds like me. :P I can sleep standing up.

Dom continued to sleep it off, but being in an unsafe place kept her on edge so her sleep was light and dreamless, ready to wake at the slightest disturbance.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: August 18, 2011, 10:43:09 pm »

*bumps the thread*

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: August 18, 2011, 11:25:23 pm »

*bumps the thread*

The last person posted ten hours ago you mule biting, egg ebbing, dirt denuding, goose grasping, cactus cutting, thread tickling, weimaraner wimpling, cat choking, horse hustling, crab crunching, shark snapping, eagle elbowing, squid squashing, melon mashing, dragon dashing, angel angering, devil defying, fox filking, cuttlefish curdling, no good low down dirty GM TAUNTER!

(Read the above aloud, in one breath, and at increasing volume with a really bad western accent for best results.)

The turn will be sometime this decade, I promise nothing else.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: August 18, 2011, 11:30:22 pm »

I'm just trying to get the others to post... I'm rather bored at the moment... Anyway, do you know if Javarock ever comes on these days? I'm tryng to ge thsi permissions to make a second Aren Battles thread to ocntinue the awesomeness, but... No reply yet for my PM.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 602