Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529903 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Speaking russian like a boss.
« Reply #5250 on: August 10, 2011, 03:11:09 pm »

I know. :\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: August 10, 2011, 06:10:26 pm »

We're waiting on... Tarran.

I think that's a first.
Wow, yeah, we are. Huh. o.O

...Tarran? Tarran! TARRRRRANNNN!!! *dun da dun ta dun dun dunnn!*
For crying out loud guys, the turn was posted at 4AM my time, and my friend came over as soon as I woke up.

I'M NOT ON ALL THE TIME GUYS, PATIENCE.

"Goddammit, what a waste of ammo." For the lulz, pocket my SMGs and get stabby with my Combat Knife.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: August 10, 2011, 06:27:22 pm »

Excellent, I can begin.

P.S Was there ever a PMG Jormungandr made?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: August 10, 2011, 06:30:54 pm »

No... not yet.

Leave it to me. I'll get to work on it. Have patience.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: August 10, 2011, 08:03:33 pm »

Spoiler: Here (click to show/hide)

I tried to make it look as similar as I could to the first edition one

Spoiler: Which is this (click to show/hide)

but the lack of parts that looked similar really made it hard for a similar look. What you see is what you get. I tried to keep the overall look, but kinda failed. Still, it looks vaguely similar...

Wow, I can't believe it took 1 and 1/2 hours to finish that.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: August 10, 2011, 08:29:50 pm »

Alright, thanks man.

Running turn now...
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: August 10, 2011, 10:43:34 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

James Evan

"Rrrah!" James continued to pummel it, launching an uppercut to the chin and trying to follow with a right hook to the side of its head.

As the deadhead staggers you press the attack, aiming a fist directly under the thing's chin. [Melee 5+1 Vs Dodge 1-1] [Brawl 4+1+1] [Confirm Critical 2 Vs Armor 1, Critical Confirmed] You feel bones fracture as the upper cut connects and you follow up with a plowing fist to the side of its skull. (Deadhead Armor -1 Hp -191) The cyborg collapses like a split balloon, its cranium quite clearly smashed into pudding.

---

Jordan Grey

With his rifle temporarily ineffective he instead uses it as a bludgeon, driving the butt into the remaining deadhead's knee. [Melee 2-1 Vs Dodge 4] The cyborg however steps out of the way before he can smash its patella, leaving Jordan to catch his balance as the rifle clubs the air. 

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Worry about that later! We still got hostiles!" Dom yelled at Taric. Focusing on Deadhead 2, she attempted to telekinetically lift it up and throw it against the other one to knock them both down.

Shouting at Taric to shut up about whatever the hell he was on about while people were shooting lightning at your head you reach out with your free hand. [Kinetics, H.Manipulation 30, 3+1-1] (-30 Stamina) You clench your fist on empty air triumphantly as you bind the security guard from head to toe in a psychic envelope. "Ceiling, meet ugly. Ugly, meet Ceiling."  Action follows word as you smash the deadhead into the ceiling with bone crushing force. [Deadhead end 4] (Deadhead 2 Armor -10 Hp -46) Not content for a moment to let him stay pinned painfully to the ceiling you bring him back down to the ground. Hard. [Deadhead end 3] (Deadhead Armor -8 Hp -29)

Something tells you he's never going to make it off the ground.

(deadhead has multiple breaks and fractures, -2 to all physical actions.)

---

Taric Sizier

Cannabilize the deadheads for something to seal the helmet up with, and take one of the distruptors. "Wait, why'd it call me Pyotr Ivanov?"

[int 1 (Bonus negated)] Pondering the little mysteries of life to no avail you hum to yourself as loot the corpse, pulling a pistol out of its coat and then ripping said coat into a wrap for the ant filled helmet. [Dex 5] It works quite well but you've already lost about half the ant mass between your dodging and shooting shenanigans.

(Disruptor Pistol added, Covered Helmet added.)

---

Harry Nakamuno

Aiming to finish the prone deadhead Harry slices both of his blades at the creature's neck. [Melee 5+1, 5  Vs Dodge 3-2] [Brawl 3+1] [Brawl 4] Decapitating the wounded man with a pair of swift cuts. [Deadhead Armor -6, -5 Hp -11, 16]   

---

Ashley Fey

All: Ruthlessly destroy the remaining deadhead, if it's killed quickly Ash gets her mechanical bypass kit out and proceedes to deal with the stubborn door

As Harry finishes off the last of the security force you shake your head and lower your hand. However started this needs a talking to, but for now you've got more important things to work on. [Mech 4+1, Dex 3, int 4+1, Luck 5 18/10 progress] You carefully drill the door until you can get a shaft in, then you start working the door from the inside. With your skill as a machinist and a good stroke of luck you manage to disengage the internal locking mechanism without a fuss from the door. As soon as you've got it bridged you press against the door as hard as you can, sliding it opening before the re-lockers can engage.

A nearly mummified body slides out onto the floor in front of you before you can stop it.

---

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge (Taric)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Disruptor Pistol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:22:01 pm by Draignean »
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: August 10, 2011, 11:14:25 pm »

"Hah! ...Anyway, I'm going to turn the light on, everyone tell me when you're ready." James covered his eye, and turned on the orb lightstand as the last action of the turn.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: August 10, 2011, 11:19:06 pm »

"Well, that's that. Anything else to do?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: August 10, 2011, 11:21:16 pm »

"Well, that was really unnecessary violence. How fitting for us, eh Dom?"

He looked at James. "Go ahead, I'll go check this last door." Open the last unopened door at the end of the hall. Avoid getting blinded by James.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: August 10, 2011, 11:32:41 pm »

Also, I apologize for the quality on that last turn but my computer is in convulsions. I'm running every anti virus/spyware/malware/etc I have now but I'm having problems with everything from gimp to firefox.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: August 10, 2011, 11:35:54 pm »

Oh dear.

What's taking up the most CPU stuff or RAM according to Task Manager?

/Derail for the good of the GM.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: August 10, 2011, 11:50:17 pm »

Not a damn thing. It's tasked to 99-100% of capacity constantly, enough that mouse movement is lagged. Yet the process manager itself shows maybe 8 percent of actual processes running.

PPE: Never mind.  :-\ Found it, and now I feel like a moron for not fixing that 3 hours ago.

---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: August 11, 2011, 12:12:47 am »

So, for the random curious person, what was it?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: August 11, 2011, 12:27:48 am »

So, for the random curious person, what was it?

"Trusted installer", Legit update program with a nasty attached. God I hate vista software.

Knew about it, haven't managed to actually fix it yet. I have a program called Rkill (Good stuff if you're interested) that can freeze it and prevent it from starting up again in my current session. I did a restart -to update my security software ironically enough- which of course starts the whole circus over again. I just forgot to re-run the program and get it frozen again, hence the facepalming.
---
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 602