Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529901 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Speaking russian like a boss.
« Reply #5220 on: August 10, 2011, 05:01:58 am »

Why not? ;D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: August 10, 2011, 05:02:55 am »

Wait, what is with you guys using avatars with the same thing in it? Am I missing something?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: August 10, 2011, 05:05:21 am »

Mushroom Kingdom thread. My character Bradley Oliver Oakes (a Boo, quite naturally) is a smash hit. :3 Mine is him being cute, Taric's is him failing quite miserably to make the save.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: August 10, 2011, 05:06:01 am »

Why not? ;D
They punch, kick and generally fight very hard and dirty (NOT LIKE THAT!) I prefer my limbs intact...

@SC: More like a smash MISS :3
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: August 10, 2011, 05:06:30 am »

well since you three Americans have tol us your locations, I will volunteer mine, the city i live in is Brisbane
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: August 10, 2011, 05:08:17 am »

@Taricus: I see what you did there... and I approve. >.>

@wolfchild: Brisbane is one of the only Australian cities I actually know of, being extremely uncultured. ^^;

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: August 10, 2011, 05:11:43 am »

Did I miss blurting out my town, or do I have to say it again? :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: August 10, 2011, 05:13:17 am »

I think all you ever said about it was that it was a small mining town.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: August 10, 2011, 05:18:46 am »

Tarran Smith And Dominique Wakeman

"If you want to figure out, maybe you should check the door. Maybe you'll find out who. I have no idea."

Get ready to cowboy-draw my Sleipnirs.

"I'd listen to him, he has a point," Dom said, stepping aside. "We were just wondering that ourselves, I mean that's a heavy door. Maybe you should go in and check it out." When the last deadhead passed her, she was shooting it in the back of the skull with her Abassy.

[Tarran Lie 3][Dominique Lie 1] [Deadhead Security Detect lie 4] Both Tarran and Dominique act perfectly innocent of the whole there's-a-giant-hole-in-the-damn-wall situation, the Deadheads however seem unconvinced and merely peer at them unnervingly. [Deadhead Security Detect lie 4] "Sub-vocal stress patterns corroborated by cognitive pathology indicative of facetiousness, you will be detained as witnesses and suspects to vandalism case 0023. Please remain where you are pending retrieval." 

Yeah right, when pigs fly.

---

Taric Sizier

Use part of the wreaked door to seal the ants into the helmet, Then ready the frankie for COMBAT!

"DAMMIT DOM!, YOU WREAKED THE EMITTER!"

[Kinetics Auto-Fail (You'd kill yourself before you managed this.)] Despite your best efforts are unable to mutilate the door with your mind, and after a pair of quick attempts whose only results were deep furrows in your eyebrows you give it a rest. With sweat already beading on your forehead you give it a rest, you're going to need more people to work metal with your mind alone...

Monotone voices from the hall get your attention though, and judging from the words they're supposed to be the security team that was dispatched to pick you up and arrest you. No way in hell you're going to let that happen without a fight. Dropping to one knee you hunker down and train the sights on the doorway that Dom renovated.

---

Ashley Fey, Jordan Grey, Harry Nakamuno

Im assuming Ash notices the deadhads?
Silently Ash lines up her fingers with one of the deadheads, ready to open fire with her javalin as soon as everyone else opens up
Harry Staps the nearest one as son as hostilities commence, and activates his Aegis if the bad guys are not al dead after the initial flurry
Jordan Pulls out his Laser rifle as soon as the bad guys are not looking at him

The dark suited figures do not go unnoticed by Ashley as she works on the door. Remaining unnoticed at the far end of the hallway she carefully lines up a shot for whenever hell decides to break loose. Jordan and Harry just stand out of the way as Tarran and Dom dig themselves in deeper, they'll do what's needed when the time comes.

---

James Evan

You remain silent with Harry and Jordan, talking was never your strong suit and these guys don't look in the mood for a polite bit of chit-chat. Instead you position yourself to pummel the nearest security guard the instant it comes within range.

---

Security Force

The deadheads march forwards, leaving two of their number to watch Dom and Tarra -much to their chagrin- while the others move to retrieve Taric from the red-lit room. For a moment the deadhead stands silhouetted against the light as it begins charging Taric with his crimes. "Pyotr Ivanov, you are found under dire suspicion of knowingly attempting to hack into a secure system in violation of your employment contract. You are found a suspec-" [Taric Marksman 2+1] Taric's laser however cuts across the doubtless enthralling list and collides with the deadhead's shoulder. (Deadhead armor -10 Deadhead HP -11) [Taric Marksman 4+1+1, Fire Control 3+1+1] [Confirm Critical 5 Vs deadhead armor 3, critical confirmed] The Frankenstein's second barrel however roars as it rips through the deadhead security guard. (Deadhead Armor -8, -6, -5, -4 Deadhead Hp -32, -50, -43, -52] Spine severed and essential internal organs damaged beyond repair the deadhead spits blood as it attempts to continue listing Taric's crimes, then it topples forwards to bubble bloody nonsense into the floor.

Dominique reacts first, whipping her pistol up and between the eyes of the deadhead detaining her. [Quickshot 6+1+2-2] [Confirm critical 5 vs armor 4, critical confirmed] Complex and expensive cognitive simulation hardware is reduced to twisted metal as the .50 caliber slug rips through the cyborg's head. (Deadhead Armor -10, Deadhead Hp -1070 {Not a glitch, 27x4(crit)x10(headshot on deadhead)})

As the machine in front of Dominique collapses into a pile of bleeding parts before it can even draw a weapon Tarran draws both of his SMGs and fires at point blank range at the one guarding him. [Quickshot 5+1+1+2, 5+1+1+2] [Fire Control 5+2+1, 2+2+1] [Confirm critical A 4 Vs armor 5, confirm failed] [Confirm critical B 3 Vs armor 4, confirm failed] The small caliber of the weapon though is its downfall, and the armor worn by the security agent is sufficient to stop the rounds from doing more than bruising it. (Deadhead Armor -2, -6, -5, -6, -4, -1, -2, -5, -4, -3  Deadhead Hp -1, -1, -1) The deadhead growls at Tarran with something approaching real malevolence. "Citizen, shooting a security officer is a crime, lethal force is author-"

The deadhead is interrupted by James smashing his fist into the side of the machine's fragile head, [Melee 3+1-1 Vs Dodge 2] catching the cyborg completely by surprise. [Brawl 4+1] (Deadhead Armor -2 Deadhead Hp -40) Causing the thing to stagger backwards as its internal balance fails to cope with unexpected situation: Fist.

Harry extends a foot long shining blade from each wrist as the uninjured deadhead begins to draw a pistol from inside its suit jacket, [Melee 3+1-1, 4+1-1 Vs dodge 2] stabbing both at its cranium. [Brawl 1, 1] Both blades however glance unluckily off the lightly armored cranium of the cyborg, barely making scratches across its skull.

This does however give Jordan time to get his own rifle up before the deadhead can fire. [Quickshot 1] [Luck 1] The short range barrel on the rifle however gives off an unhealthy flash and a smell like burning metal. You have a feeling that barrel won't be working again for a while.

Ashley however snipes in to save the day as the Deadhead manages to level its pistol at Dominique's head. [Marksman 2+1] The beams converge on the cyborg's stomach, burning a thin hole that would have painful on a human, but on the machine is merely an inconvenience. (Deadhead 2 Armor -10, Hp -6)

Without anything else to stop it the deadhead fires the small pistol at point blank range at Dominique's head. [Quickshot 4+2-2 Vs Precognition 4+1] She drops and twists at the same instant as the disruptor fires, filling the air with the smell of ozone and Dominique's burning hair as the bolt misses her head by an inch. Well at least that takes care of the problem with her hair being too long.

(Deadhead killed x2, Deadhead 1 off-balance (dex based rolls for next turn -1.)

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge (Taric)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 06:07:59 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: August 10, 2011, 05:22:51 am »

Cannabilize the deadheads for something to seal the helmet up with, and take one of the distruptors. "Wait, why'd it call me Pyotr Ivanov?"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: August 10, 2011, 05:33:10 am »

All: Ruthlessly destroy the remaining deadhead, if it's killed quickly Ash gets her mechanical bypass kit out and proceedes to deal with the stubborn door
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: August 10, 2011, 05:45:27 am »

"Worry about that later! We still got hostiles!" Dom yelled at Taric. Focusing on Deadhead 2, she attempted to telekinetically lift it up and throw it against the other one to knock them both down.

That's 20 stamina for 300 pounds, so that should cover it. Hmm... If I put in another 10 stamina to make it 450 pounds lifted, could I throw the poor bastard even harder than normally? Because if so, then yeah, I'm putting in 30. :3

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: August 10, 2011, 06:09:44 am »

"Worry about that later! We still got hostiles!" Dom yelled at Taric. Focusing on Deadhead 2, she attempted to telekinetically lift it up and throw it against the other one to knock them both down.

That's 20 stamina for 300 pounds, so that should cover it. Hmm... If I put in another 10 stamina to make it 450 pounds lifted, could I throw the poor bastard even harder than normally? Because if so, then yeah, I'm putting in 30. :3

Yeah'll I'll bump the damage up a notch for that... :P

Map is ENGAGED.

Complete with bloody corpses, guns (Well a little.), and health/armor/stamina indicators.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: August 10, 2011, 06:12:51 am »

I'd just like to ask: Did that Holo-emitter have any data pertaining to the PA?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: August 10, 2011, 06:16:46 am »

The emitter is an emitter.

It's a really complicated VCR, it doesn't have any permanent storage on it.
---
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 602