Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529968 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Speaking russian like a boss.
« Reply #5145 on: August 08, 2011, 01:44:08 am »

Taric Sizier

Hack the sytem alarm, SHUT IT OFF. Then get into the system.

Grumbling about the damn fuss the system was making on a first date attempt to regain control. [Mechanical 3+1 (Good thing you buffed your int)] After getting a bit handsy with the hardware you're able to override the lockout protocol, letting you back into the system to attempt to muck it up again. [Mechanical 3+1 Vs Firewall 4+2] Try as you might however you're unable to rescind the security alert, whoever wrote this 'ware was damn good at his job.

---

Tarran Smith and Harry Nakamuno

"No, I don't think he needs i-" *Sees and hears the doors nearby close* "Uhhh..." *Points at Harry* "Do you still have some of that explosive stuff? I think we might need some of it. My companion is still in there."

You provide several colorful metaphors to describe the situation as Harry breaks out the sticky, should've known better than to trust Taric alone with a computer... Christ, you should've known better than to trust Taric alone by himself period. [Harry Mechanics 2] Harry applies the Gel to the door and sparks it from his hand. Nothing happens. Perplexed Harry sparks it again. The gel pops and the metal beneath it heats to a dull red, then to cherry, and then it dulls back down again leaving nothing but a slight discoloration beneath it. Harry adds a few choice curses to your own library.

---

Ashley Fey and Dominique Wakeman

Frustrated, Ashley Enters the word "Never" into the box and hits enter, if that does not work Ash barely resists the temptation to punch the screen with a point wrist blade, and then goes to see what Dom wanted.

Jordan will dope or not dope at Tarrans instruction, Harry will try to look stoic

Without any better ideas you punch the first answer that comes to mind into the terminal, to your considerable surprise it beeps happily and expands into the customary interface prism. Your constant overestimation of these people is going to be the death of you.... [Mechanics 2] You scan the interface briefly, it's fairly straightforwards but you can't tell what files might be useful and what files are just data-sinks for whatever these people where doing here. The facet representing this terminals connection to the rest of the facilities computers seems to be dark, not damaged, just inactive.

After a cursory investigation of the system reveals nothing urgent you turn back to Dom to see what she needed. She then explains the trouble she's having with one of the bloody doors down the hall, locked unlike the rest.

----

James Evan

"Ill wake up now. The others will be... worried about me."

"Gah... I have a bit of explaining to do. When the technocrats had me, they had been putting me through some kind of dream tprture before I woke up on that ship, leaving me with a seperately-intelligent subconscious who it appears has the power to knock me out- I believe it was bio-tech-... but I've just learned they also put some...fungus in my brain they put there during the torture, and it's growing. I have  three weeks before it basically starts eating my brain and driving me mad, and then another week before it drives mmy... inner me "mad" and since it regulates my heart, when that happens, I die. Unless we find medical facilities or something." He then saw Taric. "And what is this talk about drugging me? And... what did Taric do??"

The shadow nods his assent and punches you full force in the eyebrow. Before you can articulate a response you fall backwards, vision fuzzy, with little stars singing you along.

After your eyes re-focus the first thing you notice is that you still have a blinding headache throbbing along inside your head, it is extraordinarily painful. You make a mental note to grab some pain-killers on your next mental journey... Jordan snapping his fingers in front of your face brings you the rest of the way back to reality. "Hey, sleepy. You all right?" He asks you as you attempt to dispel the sparkles from the corner of your vision. You mutter a general and rather groggy assent as you slide up the wall and back onto your feet. "Ah good, you're fine. Well in that case I don't feel the least bit nosy for asking, What in hellfire is wrong with you?"
You take a deep steadying breath before replying. "Gah... I have a bit of explaining to do. When the technocrats had me, they had been putting me through some kind of dream torture before I woke up on that ship, leaving me with a separately-intelligent subconscious who it appears has the power to knock me out- I believe it was bio-tech-... but I've just learned they also put some...fungus in my brain they put there during the torture, and it's growing. I have  three weeks before it basically starts eating my brain and driving me mad, and then another week before it drives my... inner me "mad" and since it regulates my heart, when that happens, I die. Unless we find medical facilities or something."
Jordan stares at you.
You stare back.
Jordan nods up and down slowly. "Riiight. And I'm an amnesiac machine who's actually controlled by the copy of the personality of a century old doctor." He snorts derisively. "Keep taking your meds kid, if you've got any to take that is... I'll agree on medical facilities though. And I'll certainly agree on getting you a head scan." He adds with a mutter.

Thinking about it you realize that telling a partial truth might have been more beneficial than telling the whole and complete truth.

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge (Taric)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: August 08, 2011, 01:45:59 am »

Find the firewall's directory and delete it from there, then proceed with the hacking.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: August 08, 2011, 02:30:18 am »

What, you never heard of Cave Story? I'm sure Tarran recognizes it. :D
That's a wild guess...

Yes, I do recognize it, but only from the LP from Deceased Crab. Thank goodness for my extremely good memory of unimportant things.

Quote from: Turn
POST YOUR ACTION NOW!
To James. "Intelligent Sub-conscious? Fungus in the brain? Man, they can do weird shit these days. What will they think of next? Total control over your own body?"

Looking at Harry. "Didn't work? Dammit, do you want to try again? Or should I get Dom and see if she can't use her mind or whatever to break that door?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: August 08, 2011, 02:31:23 am »

"OI!, Leave the door alone!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: August 08, 2011, 02:33:12 am »

Wait, can Taric even talk/hear us through the metal doors?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: August 08, 2011, 02:53:18 am »

"Sure dom, lets see if I can bluff this door into opening, il get back to that terminal later ... what type of Idiot puts the most obvious answer as his or her password?"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: August 08, 2011, 03:05:33 am »

Wolf, considering you control Harry in his fullest extent, it would be nice if you responded to this:

Looking at Harry. "Didn't work? Dammit, do you want to try again? Or should I get Dom and see if she can't use her mind or whatever to break that door?"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: August 08, 2011, 04:36:28 am »

Harry: I'm down to oneapplication of thermal paste now, I would rather see if we can extricate your friend without it, it might be required in a situation that is more urgent, sorry. But if you can get that nice angry chick to time with me I can help her out."

If and when Dom helps open the door holding Taric, Harry will activate his samson implants and attept to batter the door in co-ordination with Dom's psionics

Edit: also sorry tarran, and the samson implants make him stronger when they are on
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:39:19 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: August 08, 2011, 04:41:23 am »

"Right."

*Shouting* "DOM! Taric screwed himself over and we can't help him. Would you come over and try and break the door down with your mind or something?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: August 08, 2011, 06:03:17 am »

Hold yer horses, guys. Jeez. Didn't any of you pay attention when I said I had a PPV to watch with my brother? :P Anyway, Cave Story is awesome. I played it before I ever knew about DC, about two years ago from TVTropes. It's fun. :3 On to actions.

"Yeah, one cotton-pickin' minute boss," Dom called back. "I'll catch up to you in a minute, I gotta see what that loony got himself into." She jogged back out of the room and over to the congregation outside the door. "'Sup?" She listened to the details, namely that he had gotten himself locked in and they couldn't open the door. "All right. Everybody take a step back, I'm gonna see what I can do." Dom pushed her hair back to get it out of her face - it was sticking slightly due to sweat and being annoying. She should see about getting it cut - and concentrated on the door.

"I'll see if I can pull this motherfucker off the hinges." She bent her mind to it, trying to pull it up and away into the corridor... So, Heavy Manipulation. I'll start the bid at 75 Stamina, or roughly 500 pounds of force on this door. I'll probably be exhausted afterward and need a quick break, but hopefully it'll work.

EDIT: No, wait. I've thought about it and while I would like to try out my new ability that's a horribly inefficient use of Stamina. What was the change to Slam, 1kn for 1 stamina or 5kn for 1 stamina? (Found it. It's one stamina point per kilonewton.) Replacing with this:

She focused on the door. "Taric, if you can hear me, take cover or die!" she yelled. "I'm about to kick this door down, and you don't want to be in the way!" She gave him three more seconds to dodge to the side, then unleashed a powerful blast at the center of the door.

27kn Slam on the door, -1 modifier. That thing's coming down... unless it can withstand 5,400 pounds of force. >.> If it can I'm going to try again with a 50kn Slam, that'll show it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:25:01 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: August 08, 2011, 11:41:12 am »

James got up and facepalmed. "Really should have thought that through. Oh well. You'll see when the scan comes." He turned to the door to see Dom standing in a funny position in front of the door. "Huh. Wonder what she's doing."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: August 08, 2011, 01:12:08 pm »

"Take cover or die Dom? Classy."

Tarran readied his Ichneumon for door breaching if the door still wouldn't budge.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: August 08, 2011, 01:15:07 pm »

Dom gave Tarran a quick grin over her shoulder. "Well, I dunno how heavy this door is, but I know how fast it's going to go once I knock the damn thing down. If our hacker buddy ain't careful he's going to get squashed like a bug or somethin'. I figured I should give him a fair chance to dodge it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: August 08, 2011, 01:25:17 pm »

Right... going to wait to see if Taric has anything to add to his turn considering that Dom is about to huff and puff and blow the door down. After that though I'll run this thing.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: August 08, 2011, 01:27:09 pm »

"Hey!, I'll get it open myself you crazy bastards! I just triggered an alarm, nothing to worry about"
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 602