Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 530038 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Speaking russian like a boss.
« Reply #5055 on: August 04, 2011, 08:30:39 am »

I like the way it looks, though. Maybe it could be used for something else?

Dom nodded to Ash. "Good work with that, whatever it was. Looks like you'll be all right here. I'll try the next room over." She headed into the corridor and tried the third room on the southern wall, Abassy ready just in case.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: August 04, 2011, 11:17:24 am »

James frantically attempted to fight the pain and figure out what it was... it was in his head, could it be a remnant from thaat dream torture? Yes... that was very likely, and James had felt similar pain to it during the western showdown... oh god no. It was still there... What could he do to fight it? He suspected that it would take control if he succumbed to the pain, so he redoubled his efforts to fight the pain, and hoping the ththing could read his thoughts, he thought as clearly as he could (without saying it): "I'm with a band of Unchained, openly fighting the Technocracy. What else do you want?"

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: August 04, 2011, 11:20:31 am »

James frantically attempted to fight the pain and figure out what it was... it was in his head, could it be a remnant from thaat dream torture? Yes... that was very likely, and James had felt similar pain to it during the western showdown... oh god no. It was still there... What could he do to fight it? He suspected that it would take control if he succumbed to the pain, so he redoubled his efforts to fight the pain, and hoping the ththing could read his thoughts, he thought as clearly as he could (without saying it): "I'm with a band of Unchained, openly fighting the Technocracy. What else do you want?"
fix“d
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: August 04, 2011, 11:37:38 am »

You didn't change anything... leading to the conclusion thhat the post and therefore I am perffect aand you should all worship me.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: August 04, 2011, 12:10:48 pm »

i fixed the fact youre hurting my eyes since you dont use bold for some reason, and i didnt change since i dont have any opinionns about what you are doing.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: August 04, 2011, 01:31:38 pm »

Taric, are you wanting to use the Terminal in the other room or the Holo-Emitter in your current room?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: August 04, 2011, 01:53:19 pm »

The one in the room that I'm looting the jewelry.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: August 04, 2011, 08:27:26 pm »

Tarran Smith

*To self, silently* "Huh, this carpet must be made of funky stuff."

Feel the carpeting, then open the next door.

Treading experimentally a couple times on the vibrant carpet you kneel down and run your free hand across it. [Intuition 3] It's not synthetic weave or anything that you're used to... It's familiar though. Try as you might though you just can't attach a specific feeling to the blue and purple whorled carpet. Not that it really matters what the carpet feels like in the long run. 

Advancing forwards cautiously you slide the north door open. The biggest shock here is that the abominable carpet ends, giving way to a stone-like material and simple tiled walls. The room is a bathroom, most of the room is occupied by a large inset tub with a sink and cabinet duet off to its right. Less notably there is a toilet in the south west corner of the room, though you feel no particular need to avail yourself of the facilities at this time.  [Observation 3+1] A quick search of the cabinet beneath the sink reveals standard set of personal grooming supplies as well as a first aid kit.

---

Taric Sizier

Steal some of the jewelry, take the Holo then attept to start up the terminal. "Fuckin' hell james! You idiot!"

Considering the previous owner won't be able to use them you grab a few of the watches, cufflinks, and rings for your personal collection. The lack of light makes it a bit more difficult to find which ones are the most valuable and you spare a moment to swear at James from over your shoulder. Surprisingly one of the new men, Jordan perhaps, growls something back at you equally foully. Shrugging you grab the holo from the stack of items you assembled and use the light still streaming in from the door way to find our way over to the emitter without killing yourself on a chair. [Auto-Success through earlier roll] You stroke your fingers across the key points to bring up the interface, and after a moment a faint glowing screen unfolds in front of you and demands a password.

Uh...

---

James Evan

You try to breathe regularly and focus on something other than the blinding red pain that seems to be seeping into your bones. Goddamnit it wasn't supposed to be like this... [Shadow 4 Vs Will 4] [End 2, tie breaker failed.] Despite your best efforts you fall the rest of the way backwards and slump against the wall.

Your eyes open onto the painfully bright light of your home, the small but comfortable tower suite the technocracy wage afforded you is just as you remembered it. Well with the exception of yourself, sitting in your reading chair and thumbing through a pad with lightning proficiency. Oh heavens above, not this again. You rise into a sitting position and rub slightly at your temples where a phantom of the previous pain still lingers. The shadow of you sets down the pad after a moment and looks at you, he seems almost... apologetic. The raggedness that was there when you last saw it is gone, you look good, surprisingly good actually considering the beating you've been through while you were awake.
"I told this wasn't over before... I was right, unfortunately." The shadow says without preamble.
This doesn't make any sense at all...  "I'm with a band of Unchained, openly fighting the Technocracy. What else do you want?" you protest at your somber self.
The shadow winces "Ah, yes I can see you this might look as if I was trying to take control... I'm not. I just can't talk to you unless you're in a particular state of sleep. I'm here to give you a warning, not to hurt you." It sighs and flicks across the pad again before speaking. "The control organism that created... me... the thing they used to subjugate me isn't exactly dead. It's gone dormant inside your head. I've been adjusting our brain chemistry and neural pathing as much as I can without dropping our I.Q fifty points but... all I can do is slow it down."
You just sort of stare at you for a minute. "You've been playing with my brain?
A smile quirks at the edge of the shadow's face. "Well technically you've been playing with yourself, but yes. I've been isolating it as well as we can but it isn't receiving orders anymore. It's growing without a purpose, just fulfilling its biological imperative" He shrugs and tosses the Pad to you. "Sorry old friend, but we've got brain cancer.".
You look down at the pad, displayed is a web of glowing black lines crisscrossing a plain white rendering of a brain. You're pretty sure the black lines are bad.

The problem is that are a damned lot of them.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom nodded to Ash. "Good work with that, whatever it was. Looks like you'll be all right here. I'll try the next room over." She headed into the corridor and tried the third room on the southern wall, Abassy ready just in case.

Okay, note to self, when the room is dark just yell nonsense at it until it works. It probably isn't that easy but it's something to try. You walk out of the room and hang a left until you come to the next door down in sequence. You grip the handle firmly and pull it to the side. Nothing happens. You grunt and try again to an equal amount of success. Yet another perky automated voice comes online as you throw your weight against the door. "Lieutenant Colonel Adam has chosen to lock his door, and is unable to come to the door to unlock it at this time. He is currently extremely busy being... ... ... Deceased." The system pauses for a moment and then adds the formula addition. "Would you like to leave a message for Lieutenant Colonel Adam that he may listen to when he is less busy?" All the miracles of modern technology...

---

Ashley Fey

Explore the room for useful/interesting stuff

Now that the lights are on you take closer stock of the room, [Observation 2] you don't really note anything else special about the room. Bare floors, two chairs, unlit moodlamp, wall painting, desk and terminal in the back. Lacking anything else to do you sit down at the terminal and run a system boot, surprisingly it responds rapidly and loads it's entry screen.

"When is a raven like a writing desk?"

[Int 2] You stare at the screen blankly.

---

Jordan Grey and Harry Nakamuno

Harry keeps his hand on James' shoulder to stabilize him as he as he shudders. "Whoah easy big guy, hang in there." Jordan says as he presses a hand against James' neck to check his pulse. "Hang in the-" It goes fine right up until the point that James collapses backwards into the wall. "Shit on a shingle..." Jordan whispers as he powers on the medical diagnostic implants. "HEY crazy people! You've got a man down!" He yells back out into the hall as he starts scanning James from the head down.

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge (Taric)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: August 04, 2011, 08:35:24 pm »

Hack the system, bypass the main login screen and attempt to gain root access.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: August 04, 2011, 08:43:00 pm »

Oh dear, James has brain cancer?

...I don't suppose a first aid kit would help? D:

"What? Are there hostiles?!" Grab the med kit and rush towards James while trying subconsciously to remember what the carpet feels like.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: August 04, 2011, 08:58:21 pm »

you probably need advanced radiation surgery for that powder.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: August 04, 2011, 08:59:59 pm »

I'm guessing memory foam, although I have no idea why you would want to carpet a room with it. :-\

Dom turned and saw Tarran and Ash's medic running to take care of James. Eh... boss doesn't really know what he's doing, but three people'd be one too many. I might as well keep a lookout, stay out of their way or somethin'. She turned back to the door. "Yeah. Tell Adam he can kiss my scarred ass. Fuckin' computers." She flipped it off despite that not having any effect whatsoever on the situation and went back to Ash. Once the girl was done with that room she'd let her know this other door was being a piece of shit and refusing to open, and maybe some of those commands she had tried earlier would work.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: August 04, 2011, 09:01:58 pm »

I'm guessing memory foam, although I have no idea why you would want to carpet a room with it. :-\
Maybe this is a... Taricus room?

Or maybe they just like the feeling.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: August 04, 2011, 09:07:18 pm »

Maybe they're rich enough to carpet the room in it and are just being assholes. (Assuming it's expensive, that is. If not, I got nothing.)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: August 04, 2011, 09:17:51 pm »

It's expensive, and when activated, awesome.
---
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 602