Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 530072 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Tempatures Dropping in the Rotten Oasis...
« Reply #5040 on: August 03, 2011, 09:22:52 pm »

Also make sure to have 1s and 6s have him faceplant for the lulz.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: August 03, 2011, 09:24:09 pm »

DO IT!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: August 03, 2011, 09:27:48 pm »

I can't exactly disagree, except maybe 6 should have him do something awesome instead. No idea on what it should be though.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: August 03, 2011, 09:28:46 pm »

Maybe a song and dance? :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: August 03, 2011, 09:33:46 pm »

Push a hidden button and open a door to a hidden room?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: August 03, 2011, 09:37:42 pm »

A successful backflip.

(He has nil DEX, so it would take a miracle...)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 09:40:57 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: August 03, 2011, 09:40:27 pm »

Meh Ima just follow them.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: August 03, 2011, 09:49:07 pm »

oookay. Well that's insightful powder.

Running turn now.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: August 04, 2011, 12:55:49 am »

Tarran Smith

"Man, this is one funky room. I wonder what other silliness can be found in the other rooms."

Open the east door.

Treading lightly across the plush carpet [Intuition 3] you notice that something about it feels... unusual... even to your booted feet. Pulling your thoughts away from the unusual carpeting you brace your hand against the door to the next room, sliding it open gently and entering rifle first. The same bloody carpet is in here too, and the room is just as devoid of life. Directly on your left is a table with an inactive holo-modeller on it, on your right is a perfectly made bed with a metal clothing chest at its head. On the North wall is another unmarked door.

---

Taric Sizier

"Nice. Anyone ming going through that cabinet, I don't think the former owner is going to be using anything in there. Possibly an officer's items in there. I'm going to-bloody ants, stay in there." Go through the cabinet.

[Dex 5+1] You masterfully manage to keep the ants in the helmet while you pull the first row of the cabinet out. The top tier consists of more male jewelry than you would guess any one person needed. Rows of breast-pins and cuff-pins shine up at you, the faces of older clockwork watches and new holographic pieces gleam, a selection of heavy index finger rings glitter with polish. You not that next to the rings is a smaller section with slots for two rings, one is filled by a slender ladies ring of diamond and opal, the other however is empty. The shelf seems to be pretty, but useless to you. [Intuition 3+1] As you slide the tray back in you notice the bottom of the jewelry holder slip slightly and gap at the edge of the drawer, curious you pull up at the edges. The false bottom comes away easily, revealing a small sealed box and a stack of ink and paper letters. Nodding in satisfaction you place both on top of the cabinet and replace the lid before pressing the drawer shut.

The second drawer is far more interesting at first blush, the square black cartridges of audio-visual holos fill it end to end. As you skim the titles however you begin to lose faith that you'll find anything useful in here. They seem to cover genetics from head to toe, though some of the titles are obscure enough that they could cover quantum physics as easily as molecular biology. [Observation 4+1] Just as your eyes are about to glaze over you find a promising one, "Promises and Doubts", which you set on top of the cabinet with the other objects.

The third drawer however is locked, and doesn't budge in the slightest to your shaking. As you're about to go back through them for anything you missed James takes the light out, putting you back in darkness.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"I'll go and check on her," Dom volunteered. "You guys be careful, all right?" she said to her teammates as she left the room to go see what Ash was up to. She entered the room and looked around, ready to point out anything interesting, like an item or a light switch, to Ashley. Man, that office sucked. Damn ugly.

As Ash calls out you take the excuse to leave the den of bad taste, heading back out into the hallway and into the room next door. It's thankfully of a more ascetic style, bare psuedo wood floors and almost white walls frame a table and a pair of chairs at the front of the room and a desk mounted terminal at the rear. [Observation 2] A cursory search of the walls reveals nothing resembling lighting control, as a matter of fact with the exception of a black and white abstract painting the walls are completely bare. On the table though is a piece of standing mood lighting, that should run either on a charger or on an independent supply.

---

Ashley Fey

"Hay can one of you guys who can see anything come to this room, i have no idea what i have found, il gonna see if i can stumble on a light switch for now" Be as good as my word, and attempt to find a light switch

A minute after you ask for a hand Dominique enters the room and scans the walls, she doesn't seem to see anything though... Of course you can't tell whether she's actually seeing anything or just squinting hard. [intuition 4+1] As you squint hard and feel along the walls an idea occurs to you that makes you want to bash your forehead through the wall. Turning about you address the middle of the room, "System Command: Activate Primary Lighting, half strength." All is silent for a moment then a male voice comes back through from the top of the room.   

"Povtorite zapros?" (Rerun Query?)

[Int 6] Russian, okay, no problem. Clearing your throat you repeat the inquiry. "Zakaz sistemy: moshchnostʹ osnovnoĭ ogni , polovina energii."

"Avtorizatsiya ne naĭdeno. Pozhaluĭsta, obʺyasnite harakter vashego vizita." (Authorization not found. Please explain nature of your visit.)

[Lying 5] Thinking quickly you supply a lie that just might get you past the system if it really has been so long since anyone actually came here.  "Tekushchyee tehnicheskoe obsluzhivanie" (Routine Maintenance.)

"Proshlo tri - sto dva dnya so vremeni poslednyeĭ proverki tehnicheskogo obsluzhivaniya. Predostavlennymi yemu polnomochiyami." (It has been three-hundred and two days since the last maintenance check. Authorization granted.)

As soon as the system finishes speaking the lights in the room hum to a soft glow from their strips on the walls and cast a low shadowless light through the room. Damn you're good.

---

James Evan

James, while trying to get over being dazzled, tried to go through the area where Harry and Jordan were.

The afterimage is almost gone from your eyes now, a bit of squinting here and there and you're fine. Hefting the heavy stand light you bring it back out into the hallway, setting up shop with Jordan and Harry and interrupting a whispered conversation between the two. They both grimace and nod to you, you give a curt nod back. Uncomfortable silence ensues.

[Shadow 5+1 Vs Will 3] After a moment of stillness you bring a hand up to your temple to rub at a dull pain that seems to be festering there. As it burrows deeper into your head you turn your back to the light to get the glare out of the corner of your vision. [End 1] Your knees give out as the pain spikes in your right eye spikes into full blown agony. You are dimly aware of a hand gripping you shoulder as your stomach retches.

As your vision starts to go sparkly at the edges you realize you're balanced on a razor edge between consciousness and the merciful oblivion of sleep. As it stands now you aren't sure you can stay awake for another five minutes but you can at least try, on the other hand succumbing to the pain and passing out is looking pretty comfortable.

---

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge (Taric)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:54:48 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Speaking russian like a boss.
« Reply #5049 on: August 04, 2011, 01:15:16 am »

*To self, silently* "Huh, this carpet must be made of funky stuff."

Feel the carpeting, then open the next door.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: August 04, 2011, 01:49:19 am »

Draig, you put some of that convo into my turn quote I think, it freaked me out. Explore the room for useful/interesting stuff
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: August 04, 2011, 02:10:25 am »

Draig, you put some of that convo into my turn quote I think, it freaked me out. Explore the room for useful/interesting stuff

Damn, you're right.

Touch pad is directly beneath my thumb when typing, so if I brush it the text jumps to wherever my cursor lies. I catch it most of the time but... once in a while it slips through.

Anyway, since you rolled a six for your Russian you are fluent in that language and won't have to roll for it again.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: August 04, 2011, 05:07:53 am »

Steal some of the jewelry, take the Holo then attept to start up the terminal. "Fuckin' hell james! You idiot!"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: August 04, 2011, 05:18:33 am »

Another weapon image for you: Renfield SMG:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:15:20 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: August 04, 2011, 05:23:26 am »

We already have an image for it a little while back. You didn't need to make it.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 602