Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529992 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 You fail at failing.
« Reply #4650 on: July 12, 2011, 08:37:02 pm »

I'm not asking you to make up a new power on the spot, just asking: if I picked, say, Advanced Kinesthesia, would that count, or would I need to pick a Slam evolution?

Yes, that would count...

And would force me to be rather creative with whatever bastard child came of that union.  :P
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: July 12, 2011, 08:41:46 pm »

True. Hmm. The thing is Advanced Kinesthesia is useful right now, but I don't know about later. Anyway, now I'm torn between that, Shear, and Detonate. Opinions, guys?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: July 12, 2011, 08:43:45 pm »

DETONATE!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: July 12, 2011, 08:53:35 pm »

I'm no expert, but I'd go with Shear. Your Marksman skill is literally non-existent according to the first page.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: July 12, 2011, 09:04:35 pm »

Good point. Taric, AK or Shear?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: July 12, 2011, 09:06:04 pm »

AK, more people that can see without hindrance the better.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: July 12, 2011, 09:07:27 pm »

True. I'd ask Draignean but I shouldn't pester the GM. Shiren, you still lurking about? :3

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: July 12, 2011, 09:10:51 pm »

*Stands behind door and gets shotgun ready*
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: July 12, 2011, 09:21:21 pm »

...I've thought it over, I think what I'll do is take AK now while I know it's going to be useful, and then if we get an upgrade after clearing the base I'll go for Shear to spare Draginean having to think of an AK+HM combo. Listing it again so Draignean doesn't have to comb back through the posts to find what I want:

Upgrade 1 - Heavy Manipulation: Now, who wants flying lessons?
Stamina Cost and Difficulty: Costs 15 stamina per 100 pounds of weight moved, difficulty is based on how fine you want the control to be. -1, one shot throw. -2, bash him into a few objects. -3, marionette.

Upgrade 2 - Advanced Kinesthesia: Your kinesthetic sense now uses your optic nerve as a conduit, allowing you to always be able to see, even in total darkness or if the eye-itself becomes damaged.
Effect: You never take penalties do to light conditions or optical illusions.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: July 12, 2011, 09:46:51 pm »

...I've thought it over, I think what I'll do is take AK now while I know it's going to be useful, and then if we get an upgrade after clearing the base I'll go for Shear to spare Draginean having to think of an AK+HM combo.

Don't worry about it, make what you want, not what's easy for me.

*Stands behind door and gets shotgun ready*

Here kind sir, take this. It will make you very popular at social gatherings where evil things are trying to kill you.

(Honestly it's just the pistol for the Suit.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: July 12, 2011, 09:48:37 pm »

HOLY SHIT! :D

I can't wait to see what a heavy weapon constitiutes for the suit :3

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: July 12, 2011, 09:51:18 pm »

You know that the designers of such weapons went crazy when you use a grenade launcher to represent the barrels. :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: July 12, 2011, 09:53:20 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if the rounds are that big too :P

All the more reason for me to get this suit. And possibly have a factory here making more  ;D

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: July 13, 2011, 12:27:28 am »

James would like to go back to the main group since he failed to break th edoor down.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: July 13, 2011, 10:06:25 am »

aww they get to have so much fun with thier psychic powers
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 602