Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529972 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 You fail at failing.
« Reply #4635 on: July 12, 2011, 03:51:09 pm »

Dwarmin, what are your thoughts on this situation? :3

Tarran and Taricus deserve each other, forever.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: July 12, 2011, 03:52:24 pm »

All I'm saying, Tarran, is he wants to homocide you and you want to put something in his rear. It doesn't take, well, me, to see how that's just filled with all sorts of innuendo.

@Dwarmin: Indeed. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: July 12, 2011, 03:53:41 pm »

*Uses extreme speed to dodge* Why are you throwing rocks at the ground? Am I too fast or something?
Missed the point of that...

@Dwarmin: Come on, That was only done for a joke... Try another :3

@SC: Dammit, I edited that...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: July 12, 2011, 03:56:12 pm »

Still a, what do you call it? Ah yes, a Freudian slip. :3 Look, all I'm saying is that the more you two argue the more you're going to get comments like this. Settle down. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: July 12, 2011, 04:00:50 pm »

Dwarmin, what are your thoughts on this situation? :3

Tarran and Taricus deserve each other, forever.
You deserve to be dead. Forever.

*Uses extreme speed to dodge* Why are you throwing rocks at the ground? Am I too fast or something?
Missed the point of that...
I got the Enhanced Speed psionic thing. And I've got the highest dex. Naturally my guy is the fastest one in the group.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: July 12, 2011, 04:05:07 pm »

You're probably going to need shielding for the next attack though :3

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: July 12, 2011, 07:32:21 pm »

Okay, Serious...

Disrupt: A precision strike designed specifically to disrupt the pattern of a kinetic manifestation and disperse its energy harmlessly. 
Stamina Cost and Difficulty: Stamina cost invested has to be at least half of the manifestation you're trying to destroy (1/2 of stamina not used in disruption is refunded to the wielder). Difficulty is special, equal to the roll made for kinetic in question (with bonuses) minus three. (So if your enemy makes a roll of 5+1 you get a difficulty modifier of -3 to try and stop it.) This psionic can also be made and then triggered later, if used in this manner increase all difficulties regarding it by one.

Bind:  A self sustaining loop of telekinetic energy, generally pretzeled up so it can't just be slipped.
Stamina Cost and Difficulty: 5 stamina per turn you want the bindings to last (optimally), the Difficulty is set by how hard you want the bindings to be to escape, naturally they require a 4 to escape. (Psionics get to combine their P.Kinetics and strength to escape) Difficulty is then added on a one-to-one basis, -1 difficulty needs a 4 to escape, -2 needs a 5 to escape, -3 needs a 6 to escape.

Heavy Manipulation: Now, who wants flying lessons?
Stamina Cost and Difficulty: Costs 15 stamina per 100 pounds of weight moved, difficulty is based on how fine you want the control to be. -1, one shot throw. -2, bash him into a few objects. -3, marionette.

Taricazius...

Suggestion,

Brainwave: It's your delight sir catching fire from one mind to the next..."

Primal Fear: Fear behaves like a disease, a carrier who shows no effects may spread it like a plague to men and women who had never showed a sign."

Inspire: It's strange... I don't really remember what he said... but it was good, you know?"

Mindbend,

Pacify: Pacify puts an individual into a waking dream, memory and a sense of self are suppressed into a blur. This results in an individual who temporarily doesn't care about anything.
Stamina Cost and Difficulty: Stamina cost is 10 per turn you want them to stay under, the difficulty is how hard you want their will save to be. Psionics get to add their passive empathetics to their save.  -1 difficulty needs a will roll 4 to slip the illusion, -2 needs a 5 to escape, -3 needs a 6 to escape

Confuse: Confuse puts a very slight spin on how the individual sees, irrational fear, paranoia, and rage flood the victim's system. It doesn't take a lot to make them snap at that point.
Stamina Cost and Difficulty: Stamina cost is 10 per turn you want the active effects to last, the difficulty is how hard you want their will save to be. Psionics get to add their passive empathetics to their save.  -1 difficulty needs a will roll of 4 or better each turn to prevent them from going berserk, -2 needs a 5 to stay cool, -3 needs a 6 to stay cool.

Blend: Blend is a subtle tool, making the individual see you as someone unimportant, a long term acquaintance, a security guard, someone to be looked over. 
Stamina Cost and Difficulty: Stamina cost is 25 per person you want to fabricate a memory for, after the memory has been fabricated and implanted the person will always behave as though you were unimportant unless you really go out of your way. The difficulty is the opponents will -3.

And now for something completely Tarran.

Enhanced Speed,

Spring: Reinforced musculature and psionically charged bone attachment points allow to press your legs into kinds of service they were never meant for. 
Effect: You can now make a mobility (based in dex, skill from the future) roll to leap forwards or up. Max leap distance is 10 yards horizontally, 7 yards vertically.

Heightened Reflexes: Direct mind to muscle connections make movement almost literally as fast as thinking.
Effect: 10 point bonus to your initiative, and +2/6ths to your Quickshot.

Sprint: Mental augmentation allows you to surpass normal physical limits, moving at speeds that would fracture normal human bones.
Effect: Doubles your movement rolls.

Kinesthesia,

Sense shape: Your mental tendrils get a little higher definition, when focusing you can usually tell if someone is armed or not, can also be used to tell the contents of a solid object or whether a room is occupied or not.
Effect: Allows you a limited form of vision through solid objects, requires a P.Kinetics roll.

Advanced Kinesthesia: Your kinesthetic sense now uses your optic nerve as a conduit, allowing you to always be able to see, even in total darkness or if the eye-itself becomes damaged.
Effect: You never take penalties do to light conditions or optical illusions.

Spectral Sensitivity: Your kinesthesia does not merely apply to physical objects, you can now feel a limited amount of thermal, photonic, and standard ABG radiation.
Effect: Infra-red tripwires, energy screens, and similar threats invisible to the naked eye (including hidden psionic manifestations) can now be sensed when you get near them.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: July 12, 2011, 07:36:10 pm »

Primal fear and Confusion
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:27:07 pm by Taricus »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: July 12, 2011, 07:41:19 pm »

Heightened Reflexes so hard.

Advanced Kinesthesia extremely hard.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: July 12, 2011, 07:42:22 pm »

So... many... jokes...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: July 12, 2011, 07:43:13 pm »

No. Taricus. Just no.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: July 12, 2011, 07:44:30 pm »

No question, I'm definitely taking Heavy Manipulation. I can evolve that too, right?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: July 12, 2011, 08:02:46 pm »

No question, I'm definitely taking Heavy Manipulation. I can evolve that too, right?

Not yet, you need to have bought another skill to combine it into a tertiary. Secondary evolution are just made using one evolution, the tertiary is a pair of options made from the composite of two secondaries.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: July 12, 2011, 08:05:43 pm »

I'm not asking you to make up a new power on the spot, just asking: if I picked, say, Advanced Kinesthesia, would that count, or would I need to pick a Slam evolution?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: July 12, 2011, 08:26:49 pm »

Okay, I'm changing Inspire to Primal fear.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 602