Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529907 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 You fail at failing.
« Reply #4575 on: July 11, 2011, 07:57:37 pm »

Hey, Just scale up for it.
...What?

And battery?
Gauss weapons use batteries, remember?

Also, I just re-viewed your weapon and... why are there two clips?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: July 11, 2011, 08:00:05 pm »

The rear one is the power plant/battery.

Hey, Just scale up for it.
...What?
I have no idea what you meant by no handguard or grip for that size...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: July 11, 2011, 08:09:01 pm »

The rear one is the power plant/battery.
Oh. It looked a lot like a clip.

And that's one big battery. Does it need to be that big?

I have no idea what you meant by no handguard or grip for that size...
Handguard: Where you grip the gun from beneath with your non-shooting hand if the weapon is long. Without it, you're grabbing onto stuff that isn't designed to be grabbed on. Which may be hot, uncomfortable, or not give you a good enough grip. I don't really see any. In PMG, it's in Parts>Grips>Handguards.

Grip: I meant foregrip... anyway, it's an alternative to the handguard, which you grip vertically instead of horizontally. You clearly don't have any. In PMG, they are in Parts>Grips>Foregrips.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: July 11, 2011, 08:12:01 pm »

Oh, those. That's what the railed bit is for. And yes, it does need a bat that big, large rounds you see.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: July 11, 2011, 08:19:01 pm »

Oh, those. That's what the railed bit is for.
Doesn't look very comfortable. And if you're gripping like that, you're wasting some space on the Picatinny rail. But... it doesn't really matter. So whatever.

And yes, it does need a bat that big, large rounds you see.
Alright, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: July 11, 2011, 08:21:34 pm »

It isn't designed to be used without power armour though. STR 18 or over just to use it without penalty (Outside of power armour).

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: July 11, 2011, 08:24:01 pm »

OBJECTION! Assuming facts! Power Armor might not do anything but be really resistant to damage. >.> For all we know it won't give a bonus to any stats and may in fact inflict a malus to some stats like Dexterity in exchange for having huge amounts of AP.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: July 11, 2011, 08:29:16 pm »

You obviously haven't played enough Halo.

Power armor automatically makes you a dreadnought of utter destruction.

This post might not be serious.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: July 11, 2011, 08:30:24 pm »

Don't be silly, one of the defining features of Powered armour is increased strength due to the suit's motivation system. I'm expecting a dex penalty though.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: July 11, 2011, 08:38:43 pm »

@Tarran: I have played Halo. Let's say I wasn't impressed. :-\

@Taricus: Yeah, in Fallout. Draignean might want to do something different to freshen the concept up. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: July 11, 2011, 08:41:48 pm »

Not just fallout, just about every setting with power armour.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: July 11, 2011, 10:29:05 pm »

Not just fallout, just about every setting with power armour.

giving even more credence to the "do somethign different to freshen it up" arguement
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: July 11, 2011, 10:33:27 pm »

The problem with that arguement is that you want to take the "Powered" bit away...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: July 11, 2011, 10:42:40 pm »

'Powered' means only that is has a power source because if it didn't it would be too heavy for a normal person to use. It doesn't necessarily imply a lot of strength. Sure, a small boost due to the reinforced exoskeleton, but it's not like if you put me in one I could suddenly bench 400 pounds. I don't have the strength or stamina necessary to lift something like that normally, and when you factor in that I have to use what strength I do have to move about in this clunky-ass suit - which is probably tiring as well, and IIRC sometimes when it pops up in sci-fi the operator needs special training to use it, which we won't have, being rag-tag rebels and all -any bonuses would be marginal at best. The biggest thing it has going for it is that it can eat a lot of punishment, but it's only for front-line fighting; it's too bulky to be maneuverable and being made mostly of metal it would be loud as hell, which isn't that desirable at the moment given that our operation is mostly hit-and-run sneak attacks and ambushes.

Later on, when the rebellion's big enough that we are on the front lines, power armor would be very desirable. Strength and mobility wouldn't be as necessary on a flat field with no cover, but what amounts to a walking tank certainly would be. I dunno what Draignean has planned for it, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Anyway, even if it's not that good at first, with your crafting skills you could probably improve it. ^^

(As for the Mjolnir armor MC wears, I believe he's a genetically engineered superhuman cyborg in the first place...)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: July 11, 2011, 10:47:09 pm »

Well, we have the perfect training ground. And I wholeheartedly expect it to be the target for just about every heavy weapon used by anyone trying to kill us too.

As for it's current usefulness, I'm going the Soviet route (RA Soviets): Screw subtlety, just barge in and kill them! :D
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 602