Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529675 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 You fail at failing.
« Reply #4380 on: July 03, 2011, 05:52:00 am »

only to ask you but why arent you using bold text?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: July 03, 2011, 06:22:01 am »

Because we're all just messing aro-

Oh. I get you now. Clever. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: July 04, 2011, 04:37:58 pm »

Any chance of an update within the week?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: July 04, 2011, 05:33:10 pm »

Grumble grumble...

Sorry, new series that I've been reading. I'll rip myself away later today with a map (REALLY this time) and the loot list.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: July 04, 2011, 05:37:43 pm »

Any chance of an update within the week?
*Bonks Taricus on the head*

Patience.

It's been only three days since the last update.

Grumble grumble...

Sorry, new series that I've been reading. I'll rip myself away later today with a map (REALLY this time) and the loot list.
Take your time man.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: July 04, 2011, 05:38:52 pm »

Just asking...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: July 04, 2011, 05:44:50 pm »

Patience.

It's been only three days since the last update.

Point, but if we didn't bug him he'd think we lost interest or something, which is blatantly not true. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: July 06, 2011, 03:09:29 am »

Tarran Smith

*Wheeze* "Oh, oh man, what a relief. Thank you, uhhh... who are you? I can't see shit in this light... Tell the others I'll be at the door we entered through."

Fumble around a little, looking for the doors we entered this room from.

You pull yourself to your feet slowly, trying to keep from stretching your tender injuries as you straighten up. "Oh, oh man, what a relief. Thank you, uhhh... who are you? I can't see shit in this light... Tell the others I'll be at the door we entered through." You say to the human shaped shadow. It snorts as it packs up the medical supplies back up by touch. "Jordan, and if I see anyone I'll pass it on. Not like I CAN see anyone..."

While Jordan finishes re-packing you make your way slowly up the room, feeling along the wall until you find the door. Said door is unexpectedly shut. Unlike you it seems the immortals were not in fact raised in a barn [Intuition 5], or... Son of a bitch..  Resting the tips of your fingers at the edge of the door you can feel an almost imperceptible hum.

The Door is powered again.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom stopped. It looked like one of Ashley's team had already taken care of Tarran. Huh. Well, OK. I guess it saves this kit. She put it in her pack and went over to Taric, who was still asleep. "You did something, didn't you?" she asked the unconscious hacker, frowning at him. "Here, move aside James. I'll wake him up." But how to do it though? She had a choice of slapping, punching, or stomping him. For a moment she seriously considered stomping him somewhere uncomfortable for that hallucination - even if he didn't cause it he was still the star of it - but she decided to be nice about it. Maybe it wasn't him. Who knew with this freaky psionic shit; maybe that thing she had knocked out was thinking about him or something.

That was too weird a line of thought to continue, so she lifted Taric up about a foot and threw him back to the ground. That oughtta wake his ass up. Just to make sure, Dom grabbed his left ankle, lifted it to provide a clear shot, and stomped him in the nuts.

The lights finally fade out and you lose sight of Tarran being sutured by one of Ashley's squaddies, hopefully all is going well for him, saves you the trip at the very least. You consider Taric as he naps, he needs to be awake for you to confirm you suspicions about what happened... How best to do it though? You almost decide to be nice about it, then you consider the sheer freak of the ending and you reconsider. Everyone needs a bit of trauma now and then... [Strength 1 (Bonus negated)] You however are apparently not the person to deliver said trauma, after you sort of jostle him instead of throwing him to ground you grab his ankle and miss the impossible to miss curb stomp to his short and curlies, instead your heel thoroughly smashes the hem of his stolen uniform into the dirt.

He probably didn't even notice.

---

Taric Sizier

Wake up again.

[Roll not allowed due to lack of external stimulus] You briefly try to wake up, really. It's just that dream vixen has you pinned solidly to the bearskin and your legs are pinned by... what are your legs pinned by? You briefly tear your head from the first worshipers enthusiastic attempt to pry one your tonsils loose with her tongue to look down your body at the pair of semi-naked women now adorning your legs. Ah, well that explains that, carry on then.

Will wake at end of next turn.

---

James Evan

James shrugged and winced as the unconscous Taric got beaten down. Ouch. James decided it would be wise to take the medical kit, although most definitely not ty to operate on himself. He turned to Dom. "Er, can you help me out here? 'm not exactly the world's best doctor, and I need  alittle medical help. I'm preeeeettty screwed up."

After Dom completely fails to lay a beat down on Taric you manage to muster the courage to ask her to look at your own injuries, hopefully she'll be as gentle with them. [Dom Dex 3, Int 4+1, Fight 4, Luck 3 Treatment 15/20] She's good, a little rough and clearly self taught when it comes to stitches, but she should have you patched shortly.

---

Ashley Fey

Ashly approached Dom, more comfortable with her than jam,es or taric and with tarren currently out of it, "hey, what was that thing that happened, it was realy harsh" Rub head and gather together with the others.

You crouch next to Dom as she works on fixing up one of her compatriots, rubbing at your temples in a reflexive action to try and dispel the remaining echoes. When you voiced your question you didn't exactly expect an answer, making it all the more surprising when she answers you seemingly without reservation. Dumbstruck you can only rock back on your heels as she calmly discusses psionics as if it was a set of tattoos that they all got last week. She seems perfectly happy to talk about it, if a little embarrassed at the unconscious man's use of this ability. Before this would have seemed a bad Sci-Fi flick, but considering that you've got red light insistently blinking in your retina to remind you that one of your implants is malfunctioning you're willing to suspend a little disbelief.

It gets even stranger as she and her patient start talking, apparently he's a late comer without the same... ability. They talk a little about orienting, it sounds a little too much like ripping for comfort but it's still interesting. After they finish the only thing you can really do is to state your surprise and request that she keep snoozy from impersonating a warhead in future.   

----

Harry Nakamuno & Jordan Grey

Harry winces as he moves, the damage to his back is pretty extraordinary, the shielding and the armor prevented it from being crippling, but nothing short of divine intervention or some serious drugs could make it enjoyable. "Jordan, damnit I could use a hand here..." He bellows into the dark, trailing off into a growl of equal parts pain and irritation. The answer from the other side almost immediate. "Keep them out of a twist big guy, I'll get there." Jordan replies, making good on his word as quickly as he can pick his way through the darkness. When he finally reaches Harry he looks the damage over, noting the dislocated arm as the first and easiest fix. "Alright we'll do this on three" He says as he places hand on the side of the larger man's shoulder. "As always, try to relax, don't jerk, and remember that you can't-" Jordan slams Harry's arm back into socket without warning, [Str 4] it pops audibly as Harry exhales sharply.  "sue the military for malpractice. Oh, and three." The mock cheerfulness elicits another growl from Harry as the man flexes the re-socketed appendage experimentally. That done Jordan begins to work piecing the flesh back together, loosening the rig that holds the armor on to get at the wounds. [Dex 2+1, 3, Fight 4, Luck 4 Treatment 14/20] The armor makes for slow going as doc has to constantly jiggle out little bits of unremarkable but very risky pieces of blasted plate, shouldn't be long before Harry's body gets a set of scars for this mission.   

Status Warnings
Tarran is at <50% Health
Taric is at <50% Health
James is at <50% Health

Lighting Changes
Lights Out

Turn Notes,

Tarran has discovered a potential problem
Taric is getting Snu snu
Dominique is fail stomping the sleepies and showing mad doctor skills
Powder is being stapled back together
Ashley is learning
Jordan is doctoring
Harry is growling and no longer dislocated.

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge (Taric)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 03:14:46 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: July 06, 2011, 03:19:34 am »

"Hey, you guys, we've got power in the building again! Someone find the goddamn light switch!" Tarran shouts, hoping someone hears.

Fumble around for a light switch.
(we didn't check yet, right? I don't really remember).
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: July 06, 2011, 03:24:01 am »

"Hey, you guys, we've got power in the building again! Someone find the goddamn light switch!" Tarran shouts, hoping someone hears.

Fumble around for a light switch.
(we didn't check yet, right? I don't really remember).

Lighting is motion and time sensitive as well as being subject to administrator commands.

Never said there was power in the building.

I said there was power in the door.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: July 06, 2011, 03:26:55 am »

Oh. Well, my guy doesn't know it, so I'll just leave that as a "wait" command until everyone else stops derping around.

Also, do you need to quote my post? :P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: July 06, 2011, 03:30:28 am »

Force of habit from busier places, a good ingrained action for forums that don't give ninja warnings.

Kind of useless here though, I apologize.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: July 06, 2011, 04:58:03 am »

You could try curb-stomping Taric's nuts >:3

Try and wake up, again...

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: July 06, 2011, 05:13:24 am »

"i think we should probably move once everyone os [atched up, i think i will help that sleeping person to wake up" Mersilessly assault taric's unmentionables, jordan and harry keep doing what thier doing
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: July 06, 2011, 05:16:11 am »

Thanks, wolfchild. Saves me a trip. :3

Dom continued working on James. "Just be a minute boss, I'm almost done here," she responded to Tarran. "James got torn up and I'm seeing to him."
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 602