Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529340 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 One down, two to go.
« Reply #4215 on: June 23, 2011, 06:41:16 pm »

Ohh, Another EVIL weapon idea from me

NOT YET NAMED WEAPON (AICW based)
Rifle
Gauss, Single, 7 round burst, full auto
47 Round magazine.
Accuracy Modifiers: +0 Short, +1 medium +1 long
Good to excellent damage
Ballistic
The magazine not being a multiple of 7 isn't... well... I guess you'd say "optimal" for the burst?

Also, it needs a energy clip since it's gauss.

Anyway, it's kinda too similar to the Jormungandr in my opinion. And I even made a image long ranged version of the Jormungandr a little bit back, and according to the Big D, it might be put into the game.

Grenade Launcher (Thermobaric 3-round 40mm
Single (Possibly gauss), 3 grenade burst.
No modifiers
Excellent to Lethal damage
Grenade

Description: (TO BE DONE)
No modifiers? How is it supposed to be accurate at every single range if it's a grenade launcher?

Other than that, they seem okay.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: June 23, 2011, 07:16:15 pm »

The power cell is built into the magazine itself. And the GL has mods of 0, so I put no modifiers for it. Sorry if that confused you. And the 47 round mag is the "Small" Magazine. It's convertalbe to accepta 140 round drum for a fire support role, though the barrel is too heavy for it to be considered for a prime cadidate for CQC.

So it's designed as an MMG with a grenade launcher, perfect for keeping rebels and anything else away :3
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: June 23, 2011, 07:19:32 pm »

My god, failures, all of you failures. The good guys, the bad guys, everybody fails.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: June 23, 2011, 07:20:07 pm »

And the GL has mods of 0, so I put no modifiers for it. Sorry if that confused you.
It didn't confuse me, it just confused me how a grenade launcher can be just as accurate at 5 inches as it could be at a mile. It doesn't make sense to me, personally.

So it's designed as an MMG with a grenade launcher, perfect for keeping rebels and anything else away :3
The gun is a little too accurate at long range and a little too inaccurate at close range for my idea of a Machine-Gun. But that's just me.

My god, failures, all of you failures. The good guys, the bad guys, everybody fails.
...That does not sound good.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: June 23, 2011, 07:23:53 pm »

Explosives are ALWAYS accurate. And you could buff up the accuracy on the MG.

Party of failing. I'd laugh if I wasn't unconcious.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: June 23, 2011, 07:27:14 pm »

Explosives are ALWAYS accurate.
No, they aren't.

A grenade thrown isn't always accurate. At range, the wind, and drag will move it off course. In addition, it's harder and harder to guess where it will land.

A rocket fired without guidance with a small error in it's propulsion isn't always accurate. It'll fly off course slowly but surely, and it'll also face drag and wind.

Etc...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: June 23, 2011, 07:29:35 pm »

It's not thrown. And most of those conditions apply to bullets too. And it's just an idea, it can still be refined. So a -1 for long range with the GL?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: June 23, 2011, 07:33:25 pm »

It's not thrown.
It was an example. Even unthrown, it still faces the same problems as a thrown one, just not as fast.

And most of those conditions apply to bullets too.
Thus why many weapons besides sniper rifles face penalties at range.

I wasn't arguing against that.

So a -1 for long range with the GL?
Much more. Like a -3 to -5 or even nil long. It's hard to shoot grenade launchers at long distances.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: June 23, 2011, 07:34:28 pm »

It's not thrown. And most of those conditions apply to bullets too. And it's just an idea, it can still be refined. So a -1 for long range with the GL?

Suggested Range by the GM (Meaning God) for a grenade launcher.

Nil Short, +0 Mid, -2 Long, -5 to NIL at longer.

...That does not sound good.

Now that I'm around to her Dom is actually pretty awesome, so it's not unmitigated failure.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: June 23, 2011, 07:36:10 pm »

Nil Short,
+0 Mid, -2 Long, -5 to NIL at longer.
Why? Will our characters automatically fail at trying to blow up an enemy at close range? Do they actually have intelligence that we don't have?

Weaklings.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: June 23, 2011, 07:39:19 pm »

Oh, Ninja'd

Nil at short due to the fact you really shoudn't use explosives at that range. More than likely to blow yourself up :3

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: June 23, 2011, 07:40:14 pm »

Our characters are weaklings. Strong men use highly hazardous explosives up close!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: June 23, 2011, 07:41:02 pm »

So do suicide bombers.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: June 23, 2011, 07:42:44 pm »

You're just jealous they can see the wonderful fireworks up close.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: June 23, 2011, 07:48:51 pm »

Yeah, but an RC drone with a camera can do that without you being injured.

NOT YET NAMED WEAPON (AICW based)
Rifle
Gauss, Single, 7 round burst, full auto
49 Round magazine OR 140 Round Magazine
Accuracy Modifiers: +0 Short, +1 medium +1 long
Good to excellent damage
Ballistic

Grenade Launcher (Thermobaric 3-round 40mm)
Single (Possibly gauss), 3 grenade burst.
N/A at close, 0 medium, -2 long
Excellent to Lethal damage
Grenade

Description: (TO BE DONE)
Changes bolded.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 602