Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528984 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Immortality and crazy, lots of crazy.
« Reply #4035 on: June 17, 2011, 04:10:48 pm »

"Jordan, help me get him somewhere that the enemies don't know where we are for certain" Drag taric out of the kill-zone, then have jordan fix him up, whihle harry continues and ashley starts, moving towards the bad guys
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: June 17, 2011, 04:53:48 pm »

Dom heard Tarran firing ahead of her. I should probably stop then, last thing I need is to cause a friendly fire incident. She stopped where she was and looked for nearby cover in case the Immortals returned fire.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: June 17, 2011, 05:33:49 pm »

James quited down a bit and started heading around th epool to the best of his abilities. "OK" he muttered "Time to actually do something."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: June 18, 2011, 02:02:47 am »

A few ideas for weapons. I hope you don't mind. You can change the values all you like.

MKIV Milkor MGL (just 'Milkor' for short)
Gauss, Semi Automatic
10 Round circular clip
Range Modifiers to accuracy: +3 close, +1 Medium, nil long
Damage varies depending on ammo
Grenade
Description: One of the oldest weapons around, made during the near start of World War III, the MIV MGL is still used today despite being extremely old. It is a coilgun, and has impressive range. It can fire EMP, HE, Napalm, Shockwave, Sound-bang (flashbang without the blinding), Flashbang, flare, bullet-style, shrapnel, or even whatever ferromagnetic things can fit into it's barrels, making the MIV MGL one of the most versatile weapons in existence while still being relatively cheap to make (though the ammo is not so cheap).

Reaper Automatic Shotgun
Single, 3 round burst, full auto
30 round clip
Range Modifiers to accuracy: +5 close, +0 Medium, -10 long
Poor to Great damage
Cone, Ballistic
Description: A very scary--but expensive--conventional automatic shotgun, the Reaper can put hundreds of small holes in unarmored targets. Without armor, you're dead. With good enough armor, you'll be left relatively unharmed. It's rare, but when it's there you had better get the hell out of the way or get ripped to pieces.

Sol Heavy Laser
Single
1 shot per 2 energy cells
Cohesion Modifiers: -3 close, +3 Medium, +2 long
Decent to Incredible damage
Energy
The Sol Heavy Laser is a extremely powerful laser made for anti-vehicle purposes. Eating two cells per shot and taking 3 seconds to fire while at the same time showing a small targeting laser up front and being quite heavy, the Sol is not really designed for anti-personnel combat. Regardless, it puts holes through anything in a matter of seconds, so do NOT get hit by it. It fires by shooting multiple--not a single--lasers, so it can also be raked for much less damage but at the same time being nearly impossible to dodge.

Opinions? Or are they awesomesauce weapons?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 05:07:20 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: June 18, 2011, 04:49:55 am »

Could've done better for the GL name. Energy weapons have Cohesion modifiers, and the Auto shotgun shout be cut down to 24 rounds.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: June 18, 2011, 05:06:57 am »

Could've done better for the GL name.
Yes... I know, it kinda sucks...

But then again, it's a really, really old weapon; back when the company was still functioning. So the name would make sense. To me, at least.

Energy weapons have Cohesion modifiers
Ah. Fixing.

and the Auto shotgun shout be cut down to 24 rounds.
What, you don't want 30 round clips for automatic shotguns? Is it too awesome for you? :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: June 19, 2011, 01:33:15 pm »

Draignean- or someone else should they get permission- should make another RTD in this universe from the point of view of another faction. And if they cross paths, the RTDs would affect each other.
>.>
<.<
Can I draignean? Please? I really like the weapons in this canon.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: June 19, 2011, 11:22:21 pm »

A few ideas for weapons. I hope you don't mind. You can change the values all you like.

Opinions? Or are they awesomesauce weapons?

Should work, and you should be in position to have at least two fairly soon.

Draignean- or someone else should they get permission- should make another RTD in this universe from the point of view of another faction. And if they cross paths, the RTDs would affect each other.
>.>
<.<
Can I draignean? Please? I really like the weapons in this canon.

An RTD... of an RTD?

Well, no.  First of all I would have to info-dump an assload of plot info on you, too much for a player to have. Second, Twinned RTDs double the number of players that have to sync for a turn to be made. Third, the only person I'd trust to write this RTD would be serious, sorry man, you just don't think like I do.

Take the weapon ideas all you like though.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: June 19, 2011, 11:25:32 pm »

So... I get a Supah Snipah lazor soon? :D

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: June 19, 2011, 11:26:56 pm »

So... I get a Supah Snipah lazor soon? :D

Sure, if you can detach it.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: June 19, 2011, 11:34:50 pm »

the only person I'd trust to write this RTD would be serious, sorry man, you just don't think like I do.

:D

It would probably be best if I didn't, though. As it turns out I suck at writing sci-fi, or original material. :-\ Plus me being me, well... I think you'd actually be better off in Taric's hands, if you know what I mean. >.>

On-topic, if we get a choice, that shotgun looks quite nice for either me or Powder.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: June 19, 2011, 11:39:59 pm »

Plus me being me, well... I think you'd actually be better off in Taric's hands, if you know what I mean. >.>
You both are just as bad.

Why do you guys exist.

On-topic, if we get a choice, that shotgun looks quite nice for either me or Powder.
Hehe, yeah.

Unless someone else is wielding the same thing.

Then it's a bad thing for you to be wielding it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: June 19, 2011, 11:44:20 pm »

Plus me being me, well... I think you'd actually be better off in Taric's hands, if you know what I mean. >.>
You both are just as bad.

Why do you guys exist.

Spark of life my friend, life knows no moral boundaries, no societal constraints. The nearer the mental edge the GM is, the more willing they are to play fast and loose with the tenants that bind and constrain fiction.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: June 19, 2011, 11:54:40 pm »

I call BS on 'just as bad.' I've crossed his moral boundary three times... And let's not forget the other reason I'm worse, right Tarran? >:3

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: June 20, 2011, 12:32:55 am »

I call BS on 'just as bad.' I've crossed his moral boundary three times... And let's not forget the other reason I'm worse, right Tarran? >:3

Factor into your calculations that both Serious and Taric combined have only crossed my moral boundaries once. Once.

My insanity may be more quiet, but she's still there. Laughing.
---
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 602